They’d lose their jobs if they marched like that through their own village.
也就是说我们特弗肖的矿工 会去其他村子抗♥议♥
Does it mean our miners from Tevershall protest in other villages?
我不知道
I wouldn’t know.
虽然我是他们孩子的老师
I may teach their children,
但是他们的妻子都把我当成外人
but I’m an outsider when it comes to the miners’ wives.
我们同命相连
That makes two of us.
-您好 查泰莱夫人 -你好
-Well, hello, Lady Chatterley. -Hello.
您改天该来梅海农场
You should come to Marehay one day.
-接待您我们会很荣幸 -我很愿意去
-We’d love to have you. -I’d love that.
谢谢你
Thank you.
我们要去哪儿
Where are we going?
你总是要我跟你一起散步
You’ve always wanted me to join you on one of your walks.
我想到一个地方 想带你去看看
I thought of somewhere I’d like to show you.
这轮椅在这种路上不太好推
-Don’t think your chair was made for this.
梅勒斯 能不能帮我们 推一把这轮椅
Ah, Mellors. Give us a hand trying to get this chair started again.
好的 爵士
Yes, sir.
康妮 你认识梅勒斯吗 他是我们的猎场看守
Uh, Connie, have you met Mellors, our new gamekeeper?
趴下 弗洛茜
Get down, you, Floss.
它就是想表示一下友好
She’s just being friendly.
来吧
Now, then.
梅勒斯先生 你来勒格贝有段时间了
You’ve been at Wragby sometime, Mr. Mellors?
我是在这里长大的 夫人
I was raised here, Your Ladyship.
要帮忙吗
Need some help?
梅勒斯力气很大 可以自己推 这就对了
Mellors is quite capable of pushing on his own. There we are.
好了
-Now… Now, now.
没其他事了吧 爵士
Nothing else, sir?
没了 再见
Nothing else. Good day.
你人真好 希望不太沉
That was kind of you. Hope it wasn’t too heavy.
不 不沉
No, not heavy.
再见 夫人
Good day to you, Your Ladyship.
我年轻时常来这里坐上几个小时 中部地区最美的景色之一
I used to come here as a lad, sit for hours. One of the finest views in all the Midlands.
我想恢复这片树林
I want to restore these woods.
如果不保留像这样的地方 英格兰就不复存在了
If these places aren’t preserved, there’ll be no England left.
我们的生活方式将终结 更别提我们曾为捍卫它而牺牲了什么
Our way of life will end, never mind what we gave up to defend it.
比起其他地方 我更介意没有儿子来继承这片土地
I mind not being able to have a son here more than any other place.
可惜我们没法生孩子
I’m sorry we can’t have one.
你若能跟别的男人生个儿子 或许也挺好
Almost be a good thing if you had a son by another man.
你不是认真的吧
You’re not serious?
-怎么了 -怎么了 因为…
-Why not? -Why not? Because…
因为我们是夫妻
Because we’re married.
我嫁给了你 克利福德
I married you, Clifford.
你怎么会提这种事
Why would you even suggest such a thing?
你告诉过我你很想要孩子
You’ve told me how much you’d love a child.
这样 你就能有个孩子 能宠爱他 日子也会充实
This way, you could have one to dote on, to fill your days.
别人并不知道我不能生育
As far as anyone else knows, I might still be capable of fathering a child.
如果我们在勒格贝养育他 他就是我们的儿子
If we raised him here at Wragby, he’d be ours.
这是你的真心话
Do you really mean this?
我当然不希望你完全委身于人
Well, of course, I wouldn’t want you to yield yourself completely to him,
但机械的性行为本身并不代表什么 白头偕老的还是我们俩
but the mechanical act of sex is nothing when compared to a life lived together.
只要你能控制好自己的情感
If you govern your emotions accordingly,
这事安排起来很容易
we could arrange this like a trip to the dentist.
很容易…
A trip to the…
你不在乎 让我怀上孩子的男人什么样
And you wouldn’t mind what man’s child I had?
我相信你的判断力 你不会让不合适的人碰你的
I trust your judgment. You wouldn’t let the wrong sort of fellow touch you.
找个绝对能守住秘密的人 查泰莱家传宗接代就指望它了
Someone of the utmost discretion. The Chatterley name depends on it.
你希望我告诉你那人是谁吗
Would you expect me to tell you who this man was?
我最好不知道
Best I don’t know.
继承人对你来说真的那么重要吗
An heir really means this much to you?
这对这里的人来说意义重大
It means a lot to the people here.
我知道你可以为他们 和查泰莱家族做到这一点
I know you can do it for them and for the Chatterleys.
你同意我的观点 对吧
You do agree with me, don’t you?
我先往前走了
I’m going ahead.

Okay.
伦敦的人都在谈论你的书 是一部不错的作品
They’re all talking about your book in London. It’s good work.
你真这么认为
You really think so?
我想写点特别的东西
I wanted to write something special.
不为迎合大众 而是一流的作品
Not just popular, but something really first class.
整个东北部的所有朋友
The entire pals collective across the entire northeast,
都汇集一堂 确保他们有全部的…
keeping them together, making sure they’ve got all of–
真抱歉 能失陪一下吗 我马上就回来
So sorry. Will you excuse me? Just for a second?
好的
Uh, yes. Um…
你认为他们在这里 解决了世上的问题吗
You imagine they’ve solved the world’s problems yet?
我敢说他们是这么认为的
I’m sure they think they have.
可惜他们等不到天亮 就会把主意全都忘了
Shame they’ve forgotten their solutions by daybreak.
你是作家 也许你该帮他们记录下来
You’re a writer. Maybe you should take notes.
恐怕那个圈子不会欢迎我
I doubt I’d be welcome in that drinking circle.
不用担心 我也不属于这个世界
Don’t worry. I’m not really a part of this world, either.
-你不是在这个圈子里长大的吗 -算不上 我父亲是个艺术家
-Oh, but you grew up in it, didn’t you? -Hardly. My father’s an artist.
所以我在几处租来的别♥墅♥里长大
So I grew up between rented villas
每天早上醒来时 都能闻到松节油的味道
and woke up each morning to the smell of turpentine.
听起来是很波西米亚风的生活方式
Sounds like quite the Bohemian lifestyle.
肯定有些日子 你根本感觉不到自己是个淑女
There must be days when you don’t feel like a lady at all.
我明天早上回家 运气好的话 他会邀请我再次来访
I head back home in the morning. With luck, he’d invite me to visit again.
那是我们最后一次 邀请这位爱尔兰剧作家
That’s the last time we’ll invite the Irish playwright.
米凯利斯
-Michaelis?
他写作水平不错 穿衣服也有品味
He writes well, he knows how to dress,
但他的举止就像是都柏林街头的老鼠
but he’s got the manners of a Dublin street rat.
也许是因为他知道 只有别人认为他有用时 才会请他
Maybe because he knows he’s only around as long as people deem him useful.
我们都知道自己的立场
We all know where we stand.
你应该吃点东西 你都变瘦了
You ought to eat something. You’re wasting away.
我感觉不舒服
-I’m not feeling well.
自从我们上次谈话之后 我就一直不太舒服
I haven’t been feeling well since our conversation.
克利福德
Clifford.
找到了 看啊
Here we are, look!
我的照片上报纸了
I got my picture in the paper.
“查泰莱的中篇小说
Hmm. Chatterley’s novella has garnered attention
因其对人及其动机的幽默分♥析♥ 而备受关注
for its humorous analysis of people and their motives,
然而他对现代社会的看法 却并不新鲜有趣
though his views on modern society are not young and playful,
而是出奇地守旧 且非常自负”
but curiously old and obscenely conceited.”
-克利福德 不要再读了 -“将虚无展现得淋漓尽致”
-Clifford, stop reading. -“A wonderful display of nothingness.”
一篇书评而已
It’s just one review.
他们说得对
But they’re right.
他们读懂了我
They… they’ve seen right through me.
一切都是虚无
It’s all nothing.
家 爱 性 婚姻 友谊 统统都是虚无的
A home, love, sex, marriage, friendship, all of it.
这不是你的真心话
You don’t mean that.
我觉得是
I think I do.
真的 生活的全部意义
I do. The whole point of living
就是学会接受生命的伟大虚无
is learning to accept the great nothingness of life.
我要去换衣服了
I’m going to get dressed.
康妮 是我
-Connie. Connie, it’s me.
我的天啊 你来了
Oh my God, you came.
-出什么事了 -我…
-What’s wrong? -I…
出什么事了
-What’s wrong?
跟我说说
Tell me what’s wrong.
你这是在干什么
-What on earth are you doing?
这是怎么回事
What’s this?
我就是…我想换换装饰 还有…
I just… I wanted a change and…
你病了
You’re ill.
-我没有病 -难道没有人照看你吗
-No, I’m fine. -Has no one been looking after you?
他们一直看着我
Um, they have.
我受够了被他们一直盯着 希尔达
I’m so tired of them watching me, Hilda.
无处可藏 我…
It’s inescapable. It’s…
我很累
I’m so tired.
没关系
It’s okay.
谢谢
Thank you.
(文学 笔记和新闻 查泰莱勋爵的处子作)
康妮不舒服 克利福德
Connie’s not well, Clifford.
是吗
You think?
她累坏了 看她都瘦成什么样了
She’s exhausted. Look how thin she’s gotten.
恐怕守活寡的日子不适合她
I’m afraid it doesn’t suit her to be a half-virgin.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!