On Friday night.
请考虑一下
Please think about it.
哦 我 我不需要考虑
Oh, I…I don’t need to think about it.
那么我星期四晚上给你打电♥话♥
Then I will call you on Thursday night.
哦 不 别打电♥话♥ 我的房♥东太太 她真是个老顽固
Oh, no, no phone calls. My landlady, she’s a real old battleaxe.
别担心 我会用浓厚的中欧魅力使她窒息的
Don’t worry, I will smother her in Middle European charm.
很快她就会期待我回电的了
Soon she will be looking forward to my calls.
哦 那…
Oh… well…
我得 嗯 哦 对不起
I should, um… Oh, sorry.
这里真像个疯人院
It has been a madhouse here.
我怎么看见那只匈牙利狼在附近徘徊
Did I see that Hungarian wolf prowling around?
我想他约了费伊出去
I think he’s asked Fay out.
嗯 我有话要说 但我不知道该怎么说
Well, I have something to say but I don’t want to translate it.
它还在那儿
It’s still there.
但如果你抢劫银行去买♥♥就不是我的责任了
But I won’t be responsible if you rob a bank to buy it.
而且它很快就能以50基尼的价格出♥售♥
And it could sell, very soon, at 50 guineas.
哦 请不要那么说 请别卖♥♥了
Oh, please don’t say that. Please don’t sell it.
丽莎 那是我永远不能许下的诺言
Lisa, that is a promise I could never make.
50英镑买♥♥一件衣服 我从来没花过–
Fifty pounds for a dress! I’ve never spent–
是基尼 50基尼 不是50英镑 加50先令
Guineas. 50 guineas. That’s 50 pounds, 50 shillings.
哦 那更糟 你可以用这个价钱买♥♥十件连衣裙了
Oh, that’s even worse. You could buy ten dresses for that.
-买♥♥不到这样的 妈妈 -哦 我可说不准 莱斯利
– Not like this one, Mum. – Oh, I don’t know, Lesley.
-是丽莎 -丽莎
– Lisa. – Lisa.
我不知道你怎么了 是那个玛格达带的吧
I don’t know what’s happening to you. It’s that Magda.
有个叫迈克尔的人打电♥话♥给你 他是谁
Now someone called Michael’s called you up. Now, who’s he?
把烤箱门打开 好吗
Get the oven door, will you?
啊 他是个男孩 刚刚高中毕业
Ah, he’s a boy. Just done the Leaving.
-他父亲开车送我回家 -哦是的 在除夕那晚
– His father drove me home on– – Oh, yes, on New Year’s Eve.
但是你说他是匈牙利人 他听起来像澳大利亚人
But you said he was Hungarian. He sounded Australian.
嗯 他在这里出生
Well, he was born here.
那样的话 我想他应该还算是澳大利亚人
Oh, well, in that case, I suppose he is Australian.
我想是的
I suppose so.
给我来杯雪利酒 好吗 在橱柜里 在那儿
Get me a sherry, will you? In the cabinet, in there.
-那么 导演是谁 -真棒
– So, who was that director? – Réné Clément. Really charming.
哦 对不起 故事太让人难过了
Oh, I’m sorry. It’s just, it’s so sad.
我以前从未看过法国电影
I’ve never seen a French film before.
那我的出现可太及时了
Then I have arrived just in time to rescue you.
我们到时候要全看一遍才好 《天堂的孩子》
We will see them all, Les Enfants du Paradis,
La Règle du Jeu, Pépé le Moko.
故事都很悲伤吗
Are they all sad?
不 一点也不 有些很有趣
No, not at all, some are most amusing.
也许今天这部选的不太好
Perhaps this wasn’t a good choice.
不 不 不 不 我很喜欢
No, no, no, no, it was. I loved it.
纳粹占领匈牙利时征用了我
The Nazis conscripted me when they occupied Hungary.
他们让我去修铁路
They had me work the railway lines.
一点也不令人愉快
Not at all…pleasant.
我逃到罗马尼亚 在接下来的战争时光
I escaped to Romania and hid there
都在那里藏身 葫芦怎么样
for the remainder of the war. How is the goulash?
哦 很好吃 继续说
Oh, it’s delicious. Go on.
战后 我在布达佩斯当官僚
After the war, I was a bureaucrat in Budapest.
哈 多丰富的人生啊 我应该 我应该写首歌♥
Huh! What a line… I should, I should write a song.
但是 共♥产♥党员在纳粹时期并没有增加人数
But…the Communists were no improvement on the Nazis…
所以 在1956年起义期间
So…l escaped to the evil capitalist west…
我逃到了邪恶的资本主义西方
…during the uprising in 1956.
哦 我听说过
Oh, I’ve heard of that.
首先是意大利 然后是英格兰 现在是澳大利亚
First Italy, then England and now…Australia.
这就是我想赚钱的地方
This is where I intend to make money.
这是 机遇之国
This is… the country of opportunity.
也许我会是
Perhaps I am to be…
澳大利亚第一位匈牙利前共♥产♥主义百万富翁
Australia’s first Hungarian ex-communist millionaire.
李斯特
Liszt.
告诉我 你更喜欢李斯特还是莫扎特还是贝多芬
Tell me, do you prefer Liszt to Mozart or Beethoven to both?
我不太懂
I’m not sure.
好吧 如果你不介意的话 我可以教你
Well, I will take care of that, if you will permit me.
你可能很有音乐天赋只是尚未发掘罢了
You are very musical or you could not dance so well.
那书呢
What about books?
哦 我刚读完《安娜·卡列尼娜》
Oh, I’ve just finished reading Anna Karenina.
丽莎把它借给了我
Lisa lent it to me.
真棒 我找到了一位澳大利亚知识分子
Remarkable. I have found an Australian intellectual.
玛格达告诉我知识分子都去英国了
And Magda told me they were all in England.
-谢谢 -谢谢你 亲爱的
– Thank you. – Thank you, dear.
费伊 费伊
Fay… Fay!
唉 看那个
Gee, look at that.
看起来他刚从羊展上溜进来
Looks like he just wandered in from the sheep show.
帕蒂
Oh, Patty!
哦 亲爱的
Oh, darling!
不 请走开 我们必须照顾这位女士
No, please, move away, we must attend to this lady.
她是我的妻子
She’s my wife!
哦 天哪
Oh… Gracious.
嗯 你在这里真好 你可以带她回家
Well, it’s good that you’re here. You can take her home.
帕蒂 你能听见我说话吗
Patty, can you hear me?
我有碳酸铵 很管用
I have sal volatile. It never fails.
慢点起
Just nice and slow.
见鬼去吧
Go to hell!
嘘 你吓了一跳 安静点
Now, now, now, shh. You’ve had a shock. Just be quiet.
告诉他去地狱
Tell him to go to hell.
是的 我去过地狱
Yeah, I’ve been to hell.
我刚回来 但是找不到钥匙
I’ve just got back, but I couldn’t find my key.
我得来拿家里的钥匙
Gotta get my house keys off ya.
-晕倒了 -嗯哼
– Fainted? – Uh-huh.
就在女士鸡尾酒的场地中间
Right in the middle of Ladies’ Cocktails.
-她丈夫也在那里 -他在那里做什么
– Her husband was there, too. – What was he doing there?
不知道
Don’t know.
听起来很奇怪
Well, that sounds very odd to me.
我想知道她为什么没有孩子
I wonder why she hasn’t had children.
-你应该看看她丈夫的样子 -莱斯利
– You should see her husband. – Now, Lesley…
丽莎 你知道多少就来评论别人
Lisa… what do you know about that?
他看起来完全无精打采
Well, he’s completely gormless.
是的 很多男人都无精打采啊
Yes, well, so are lots of men.
但这并不能影响他们成为父亲
But it doesn’t stop them from becoming fathers.
嗯 我是在维多利亚州的本迪戈长大的
Well, I grew up in Bendigo, in Victoria.
但是我父亲在我11岁的时候 死于新几内亚的战争 所以…
But my dad died when I was 11 in the war in New Guinea, so…
之后我们搬来搬去
We moved around a lot after that.
我一满15岁就得离开学校去找工作
I had to leave school as soon as I turned 15 and find a job.
所以
So…
你们澳大利亚人是个神秘的民族
You Australians are a mysterious people.
没有人会猜到在这样一个地方
No-one would guess that this is a place
人们也会受苦
that people can also suffer.
永恒的阳光 它包容了一切 除了它自己
It is the constant sunshine. It hides everything but itself.
-你去过哪里 -沃加
– Where have you been? – Wagga.
沃加沃加
Wagga? Wagga Wagga?
是啊 沃加沃加
Yeah, Wagga Wagga.
菲尔·奥康奈尔 还记得他吗
Phil O’Connell. Remember him?
他总是叫我过去
He was always asking me to go down
去酒吧帮他一把
and give him a hand with the pub.
所以我想 圣诞节 新年期间
So I thought… over Christmas, New Year’s.
你没有告诉过我
You didn’t bother telling me, of course.
我只是你的妻子 我不会担心 不是吗
I’m only your wife. I wouldn’t worry, would I?
我不用去万达地砖厂帮你撒谎
I wouldn’t have to go tell lies for you at Wonda’s Tiles,
或者去古德上班 即便我很痛苦很害怕
or turn up at Goode’s feeling sick and terrible!
那你为什么现在回来
And why are you back now, anyway?
看来你把干净的衬衫穿完了吧
I suppose you ran out of clean shirts!
嗯 我告诉你
Well, I tell you what…
从现在起 你自己洗你肮脏的衬衫吧
you can clean your own bloody shirts from now on!
我很抱歉 我应该多想想的
I’m sorry. I should’ve thought.
我只是想着其他的事情
Just had my mind on other things.
是啊 比如什么
Yeah?! Like what, for instance?!
我只是觉得 在那晚之后
I just felt… after that night, you know, you…
我以为你暂时不想再见到我
I thought you wouldn’t want to see me again, for a while.
那天晚上
That night?
穿新睡衣的那天
With the night dress?