Thank you.
我们要去海德鲁 还记得吗
We’re going to the Hydro! Remember?
谁要去参加玛格达的聚会 你要去见谁吗
Who’s going to be at Magda’s party? Are you meeting someone?
不 我不认识任何人 我想他们都是欧洲大♥陆♥人
No! I won’t know anyone. I think they’ll all be Continentals.
大♥陆♥ 天哪 那更糟了
Continentals! Gosh, it’s getting worse!
他们都会唠叨个不停 你都不知道他们在说什么
They’ll all be jabbering on, you won’t know what they’re saying.
或许会有什么伯爵呢 谁也不知道
One of them might be a count, you never know.
-伯爵 -是的 比如
– A count?! – Yeah, like–
你想的美
I wouldn’t count on that.
-像是弗朗斯基伯爵什么的 -澳大利亚人怎么就不好了
– I mean like Count Vronsky. – What’s wrong with Australians?
丽莎 请注意
80, Lisa, please pay attention.
因为新年聚会
Because of the New Year parties,
许多女士会来买♥♥衣服
a lot of ladies will be coming in asking for dresses
在我们打折之前她们就会问折扣价格
at the sale prices… before the sales.
那你会售以折扣价吗
And you’ll let them have them?
坚决不
Not on your life.
但是在模特长裙这里 要有礼貌
But in Model Gowns… always polite.
你可以说
You can say…
不 夫人 很遗憾不行
“No, madame, I regret it is not possible.”
还有 我真的很抱歉
And, “I am so sorry.”
然后她们还是会买♥♥下它 因为要面子
Then they buy it, not to look cheap.
-屡试不爽 -那条裙子还没售出吗
– Every time. – Is that still here?
对 所以 也许可以打折 半价
Yeah, so…maybe it will be in the sale. Half price.
-75基尼 -也许你有个有钱的叔叔
– Seventy five guineas. – Perhaps you have a rich uncle?
恐怕没有
I’m afraid not.
妈妈 那领子呢 我们也可以把它扯出来吗
So, Mum, what about the collar? Can we take that out too?
-嗯 是的 -是吗
– Well…yes. – Yes?
你不认为系腰带会很好看吗
And don’t you think a belt would be nice?
-哦 是的 系腰带也许不错 -是的
– Oh, yes, a belt might be nice. – Yeah!
就在这里 嗯
Just here. Um…
但是 那饰品呢 我不太确定–
But…what about the frills? I’m not too sure about–
不 但是你一直喜欢装饰品
No, but you’ve always loved the frills.
当然 我当然喜欢它们 我只是
Of course! Of course I like them, I was just…
这些饰品有很多细节
There’s a lot of detail in those frills.
是的 不过这件衣服确实做得有点长 你不觉得吗
Yes, but they do make the dress a bit long, don’t you think?
对我来说可能太长了
It’s just, it might be a bit too long for me, yeah?
我们是不是得稍微收一下
We could maybe take it up a bit?
-好 -是吗
– Yeah! – Yeah?
好的 我们来改改吧
All right, we’ll take it up.
Just let me hear some of that rock’n’roll music…
丽莎
Lisa!
哦 让我好好看看
Oh, let me admire you!
你今晚看起来很迷人
Oh, you look charming this evening!
-欢迎 丽莎 喝点烈酒 -谢谢
– Welcome, Lisa! Have some punch. – Thank you!
-我自己做的 -哦
– I made it myself! – Oh!
我想你一生中至少得尝试一次
I think you try it at least just once in your life.
但是小心 他把原♥子♥弹♥放进去了
But be careful, he put atom bomb in it!
-哦 好吧 -来见一见
– Oh, okay! – Come and meet…
-伊娃 伊娃和拉兹洛 -很高兴认识你
– Eva! Eva and Laszlo… – Nice to meet you.
还有他们的儿子米克罗斯 迈克尔 因为他坚持要我们这样叫他
And their son Miklos… Michael, as he’s insisting we call him.
-他完全是澳大利亚人了
– He’s proper Australian.
他甚至忘了匈牙利语
And he’s even forgetting his Hungarian.
-米克罗斯 这是丽莎 -嗨
– Miklos, this is Lisa. – Hi.
我听说你刚刚高中毕业了
I hear you’ve just done the Leaving.
-是的 -玛格达告诉我的
– Yes. – Magda told me, of course.
她说你在时装店帮了大忙
She said you’re a great help at the fashion store.
她是我的力量之塔 她很聪明 哈
She is my tower of strength. She is clever, huh!
她以后要做大事情的
She’s going on to do great things.
我也刚刚高中毕业
I’ve just done it too. The Leaving.
-哦 是的 -你要上大学吗
– Oh, yes. – Are you going to university?
我 我不知道 结果会在9天内出来
I, I don’t know… results in nine days.
-是的 九天 -是的
– Yeah, nine days. – Yeah!
费伊 你看起来很漂亮
Fay… you look beautiful!
哦 谢谢 对不起 我迟到了一会儿
Oh, thank you. I’m sorry I’m a bit late,
我必须搭火车从…
I had to catch a train from the–
反正你来了
You came to my home.
真的很棒 啊对了 你认识谁
No, it’s really delightful. Ah, so, who do you know?
谁都不认识 不 丽莎
No-one. No, Lisa!
丽莎 是的 我认识丽莎
Lisa? Yes, I know Lisa.
-啊 这是桑多 -你好
– Ah, this is Sandor. – Hello.
玛丽亚 贝拉 还有斯特凡
And Maria and uh, Bela, uh, and there is Stefan.
但是 他太坏了 他正在分发原♥子♥弹♥
But uh, he’s deadly, he’s handing out atom bombs.
嗯 丽莎在这
Um, here’s Lisa, here’s Lisa.
-你好吗
– How are you?
让她和米克洛斯聊 应该叫迈克尔
So let her talk to Miklos, who is called Michael.
嗯 这是鲁迪 他是匈牙利人
Uh, this is Rudi, he’s Hungarian.
鲁迪 这是费伊 她是澳大利亚女孩
Rudi! This is Fay, she is Australian girl,
不是来自欧洲的难民
not a refugee from Europe.
呃 你 你会说英语吗
Uh, do you… do you speak English?
当然
Of course.
还有匈牙利语和德语 还有一些法语和俄语
And Hungarian and German. And some French and Russian.
喝一杯吗
A drink?
能给我一些酒吗 我有些事要做
Can you give me some punch? I have some catching up to do.
做媒很费力
Matchmaking is a strain.
塞尔维亚人和克罗地亚人尚未交战
The Serbs and the Croats are not yet fighting.
丽莎正在和米克罗斯谈话 是迈克尔 迈克尔
Lisa is talking to Miklos. Michael, Michael!
费伊和鲁迪在跳舞
Fay and Rudi are dancing.
So I smile and say
When a lovely flame dies
Smoke gets in your eyes
-好极了 -好极了
– C’est bon. – C’est bon.
Smoke gets in your eyes
Smoke gets in your eyes
哦 好吧
Oh, okay!
-再见 -再见
– Bye. – Bye.
莱斯利 丽莎 我们一直很担心
Lesley…Lisa, we’ve been worried.
-为什么 妈妈 -这么晚了
– Why, Mum? – Well… it’s so late.
-妈妈 今晚是除夕夜 -我知道
– Mum, it’s New Year’s Eve. – Yes, I know.
但是你和我们不认识的人在一起 你♥爸♥爸很焦虑
But with people we don’t know, your dad’s been anxious.
-就是啊 -谁送你回家的
– Too right! – Who brought you home?
-福德斯先生 -就他一个人
– Mr Foldes. – Just him?
不 妈妈 他的妻子和儿子也一起的
No, Mum, his wife and son were there too.
福德斯 那是什么名字
Foldes! What kind of name is that?
爸爸 他们是匈牙利人
They’re Hungarians, Dad.
匈牙利人 上帝 这个国家到处都是该死的外国人
Hungarian? God, country’s full of bloody foreigners!
但是 爸爸 我们祖先也是从欧洲过来的啊
But, Dad, we all came here from Europe sometime.
什么 现在我要上历史课了 是吗
Crikey! Here we go. Now I’m getting a history lesson, am I?
现在 你最好上♥床♥睡觉 丽莎 睡一会儿
Now, you better get to bed, Lisa. Get some sleep.
好的 妈妈
Yes, all right, Mum.
我今天早上应该去做弥撒的
I should have gone to mass this morning.

Oh!
现在太迟了
Too late now.
嗯 正午也有弥撒
Well, there is a midday mass.
我需要休息
I need some rest.
我相信上帝会理解的
I’m sure God will understand.
-斯特凡 -嗯
– Stefan. – Hm?
我想也许在一年之内 也许一年半之后
I think perhaps in one year, maybe one year and a half,
我们得在乌拉赫拉找房♥子
we must look for premises in Woollahra.
甚至更好一点 在双湾吧
Even better – Double Bay.
欧洲时尚
European fashions, huh?
独家时尚 价格昂贵
Exclusive fashions, expensive.
古德店不了解这个词的意思
Goode’s doesn’t know the meaning of the word.
-对不起 -没关系
– Sorry! – That’s quite all right.
-谢谢 -谢谢
– Thank you. – Thank you.
-鲁迪 -哈
– Rudi?! – Huh?
-你在找连衣裙吗 -当然
– Are you looking for a frock? – Of course!
你觉得呢 这个适合我吗
What do you think? This one suits me?
是啊 鲁迪 你不能呆在这儿
Yeah! Rudi, you can’t stay here.
卡特赖特小姐会生气的
Miss Cartwright will have a fit.
事实上 我亲爱的丽莎 我想和费伊说几句话
In fact, my dear Lisa, I wish to speak a few words to Fay.
哦 她去喝早茶了 哦 等等 她来了
Oh, she’s gone to morning tea. Oh, wait, there she is.
-你好 -你好
– Hello. – Hello.
费伊 我是来问你是否愿意 与欧洲难民一起郊游
Fay, I’ve came to ask if you will risk an outing with a “reffo”.
星期五晚上

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!