谁是斯特凡
Who’s Stefan?
他是玛格达的丈夫
He’s Magda’s husband.
哦 对 他做的午餐
Oh, right…he made the lunch?
欧洲男人喜欢做饭
European men like to cook.
哦 挺新鲜
Oh! Didn’t know that.
我喜欢喝酒 我要去酒吧了
I like to drink. I’m off to the pub.
几个小时后见
See you in a couple of hours.
莱斯利 我接到玛格达的电♥话♥
Uh, Lesley, I had a telephone call from that Magda.
那个僵尸夫人还是什么的
That Mrs Zombie something or other.
说你正在路上 她人真好
To say you were on your way which was very nice of her
但是 她告诉我你的名字是丽莎
but, um, she tried to tell me that your name was Lisa.
她好像不知道你的名字
She didn’t seem to know your name.
嗯 嗯 这就是古德店里她们叫我的名字
Uh…well, that’s what they call me at Goode’s.
你什么意思 你叫莱斯利啊
What do you mean? Your name is Lesley.
但是我不喜欢莱斯利
But I don’t like Lesley.
但是那是你的名字 莱斯利
But that’s your name. Lesley!
但是我想成为丽莎 我会的 我就是丽莎
But I want to be Lisa. And I will be. And I am!
丽莎
Lisa?!
你觉得自己的孩子
How do you think it feels to have your own child
告诉你她想要一个别的名字你会是什么感受
telling you that she wants a different name?
莱斯利怎么了 莱斯利是多可爱的名字啊
What’s wrong with “Lesley?” Lesley’s a lovely name.
哦 妈妈 我只是 我只是想要一个女孩子的名字
Oh, Mum… I just… I just wanted a real girl’s name.
莱斯利是男孩的名字
“Lesley” is a boy’s name.
不 莱斯利也是个女孩的名字 拼写不同
No, Lesley’s a girl’s name too, it’s spelt differently.
但是听起来是一样的 这点就足够了
But it sounds the same, and that’s what counts.
我只是想要以后长大后 有一个正经的女孩的名字
I just wanted a proper girl’s name for when I grow up.
我当孩子已经很久了
I’ve been a child for so long now.
我想长大
I just want to be grown up.
哦 莱斯利
Oh, Lesley…
如果你真的知道成年人的世界是什么样子
If you only knew what being grown up can be like…
你不会…不会希望时间比现在过得更快
you wouldn’t… wish it to be any faster than it is.
哦 妈妈 妈妈 请不要哭
Oh, Mum. Please don’t cry, Mum.
我想我早就知道我总有一天会失去你
Yeah… I suppose I always knew that I’d lose you some day.
哦 不 你永远不会失去我
Oh, no, you’ll never lose me.
我会一直和你在一起
I’ll stay with you always.
但是你不能这么说 亲爱的
But you can’t say that, sweetheart.
因为你要结婚 所以你要出国
Because you’ll marry, you’ll go abroad.
你不能永远和我在一起
You can’t stay with me always…
我只是自私而已
I’m just being selfish, I suppose.
不 你不是
No, you’re not.
即使我真的结婚或远走他乡 我还是会来看你
Even if I do marry or go away, I’ll still come and see you.
-经常 -嗯 我希望如此
– Often. – Well, I hope so.
我当然会的
Of course I will.
如果你愿意 你可以一直叫我莱斯利
And you can keep on calling me Lesley, if you like.
嗯
I’ll see…
有时我也可以叫你丽莎 但那要视情况而定
I might manage to call you Lisa sometimes, but that depends.
好了 但现在更重要的事情是你♥爸♥爸的晚餐
Right, but now something more important – your dad’s dinner.
那条腰带穿在你身上确实很好看
You know, that belt does look very nice on you.
我希望你对玛格达表示了感谢
I hope you thanked Magda properly for that.
当然了
Of course I did.
你那位澳大利亚小女生最迷人
Your little Australian schoolgirl is most charming.
我看得出来你想要把猪耳朵变成丝绸钱包
I can see you are going to turn a sow’s ear into a silk purse.
嗯
Hm?
我可听不出这其中的幽默 毕竟我没那么刻薄
If I do a good deed for once in my life I cannot see the humour.
也许她让我想起了
Perhaps she reminds me a little of…
-什么 -我自己 在战前的时候
– Of? – Myself… before the war.
真的 我觉得很难相信
Really? I find that hard to believe.
-她是如此 -无辜而且天真 我知道
– She’s so… – Innocent… and naive, I know.
你觉得我一直都是现在这么毒舌的吗
Do you think I was always très sophistiquée?
嗯…是的
Well… yes.
我可以向你保证 情况并非如此
I can assure you that’s not the case.
-斯特凡 -嗯
– Stefan. – Mm-hm?
有件事太奇怪了
This is most odd.
我打电♥话♥给丽莎的妈妈时 她好像不知道
When I called Lisa’s mother, she didn’t seem to know
她自己孩子的名字
the name of her own child.
她说的是莱斯利
“Lesley” she pronounces it.
这澳大利亚人说话真奇怪
This Australian speech is very bizarre.
这有什么稀奇的呢
What can be expected?
毕竟他们可是罪犯的后代
They’re the descendants of convicts.
他们的口音来自英国的下层阶级
Their accent comes from the lower classes of England.
莱斯利 莱斯利 莱斯利
“Lesley”… “Lesley”… “Lesley”?
莱斯利 莱斯利
“Lesley”, “Lesley”.
莱斯利 莱斯利
“Lesley.”
来一杯浓缩咖啡
Espresso.
啊
Ah!
哦 整个镇上只有这里有像样的咖啡
Oh! It’s only place in town with decent coffee.
-谁开的店 -俄♥罗♥斯♥难民
– Owned by? – Russian reffos.
据说还是沙皇的亲戚
A relative of the Tsar, they say.
-嗯 -从圣彼得堡的朝廷来了这儿
– Hm? – From the court of St Petersburg
悉尼的皮特街 好了 我只有20分钟 有何贵干
to Pitt Street in Sydney. Now, I only have 20 minutes. What?
-鲁迪需要援助 -哦
– Rudi needs assistance. – Oh!
我想找一个女朋友
I wish to find a girlfriend.
我在悉尼认识的人很少
I know very few people here in Sydney.
所以我向你和斯特凡寻求帮助
I look to you and Stefan for help.
嗯 我一时半会儿想不到有谁
Well, I can think of no-one at the moment.
你得自己去找
I think you have to arrange this for yourself.
我不挑剔
I am not fussy.
不 你分明只想要三十岁以下的美女
No, you want only a beauty, less than thirty years old,
有教养 即使不富有
cultivated, if not also rich.
我当然想要个美女 有教养的话…
Certainly I will want a beauty. Cultivated, well,
不知道这里能不能找到有教养的
I have heard there is such a thing, but…
你什么意思 我们当然有教养
What do you mean? Naturally, we are cultivated,
欧洲难民 新澳大利亚人 大家都知道
we reffos, we “new Australians”. We are famous for it!
就这个新名字才是最卑劣的品质了
It’s our most despicable quality.
哦 不 你误会我了
Oh, no, you misunderstand me.
这次我不想找欧洲难民了
This time I am not looking for a reffo.
我想要一个澳大利亚女孩
I want an Australian girl.
澳大利亚人
An Australian?!
有些非常漂亮 你没注意到吗
Some of them are very beautiful. Have you not noticed?
对
Yes.
但有教养的人已经走了
The cultivated ones have gone away.
-他们走了吗 -嗯哼
– They’ve gone away? – Uh-huh.
他们去哪儿了
Where have they gone?
他们有些去了伦敦 有些去了巴黎
They have gone away to London, sometimes they go to Paris…
谢谢
Spasiba.
去巴黎或纽约 罗马
To Paris or New York, Rome.
-嗯 -就算你在这找到了一个
– Hm. – And if you find one here…
我向你保证 她应该也在存买♥♥船票的钱
she is saving her fare, I guarantee it.
好 那么
Well… then…
我要找一个未受过教育的 自己培养她
I shall take an uncultivated one and cultivate her myself.
但得是一个 善良 坚强 健康 可爱的澳大利亚女孩
But a nice, strong, healthy, available Australian girl.
嗯 我想不出有符合这么多条件的人
Well, I can think of no-one with all of these qualifications.
也许你应该再想想 嗯
Maybe you should give yourself a thought, hm?
嗯
Yes?
你圣诞节打算做什么
What are you doing for Christmas?
哦 我不知道
Oh, I don’t know.
我可能去墨尔本 去我哥哥家
I might go to Melbourne, to my brother’s.
墨尔本 我记得你说你嫂子像头母牛
Melbourne? I thought you said his wife was a cow.
是的 她是 她什么都不做
Yeah, she is. She doesn’t do a thing!
她的腿也像树干一样粗
She’s got legs like tree trunks too.
你为什么不来蓝山呢
Why don’t you come to the Blue Mountains?
我爸妈退休都去那儿了
Mum and Dad have retired up there.
是的 那可能很不错 谢谢
Yeah, that might be nice… thanks.
在海德鲁总是会举♥行♥盛大的跨年晚会
Then there’s always a good New Year Eve’s party at the Hydro.
-哦 我忘了 你们不是那些家伙 -不 我是说 有些家伙
– Oh, I forgot, you’re off blokes. – No, I’m not, just… some blokes.
不说了 我们打算去哪里玩
Look, what are we going to go to?
嗯
Um…
我打算看《修女的故事》 奥黛丽·赫本 她很漂亮
I reckon the The Nun’s Story. Audrey Hepburn, she’s gorgeous.
天哪 看起来很严肃 我们不能看点有趣的东西吗
God, it look serious. Can’t we see something funny?
哦 《我很好,杰克》怎么样
Oh! I’m All Right Jack. What about that?