Lisa.
那个巴尔干半岛的野兽又想来偷走你了吗
Is the beast from the Balkans trying to steal you again?
不 她邀请我星期六吃午饭
No, she’s invited me to lunch on Saturday.
和她以及她丈夫一起
With her and her husband.
-她有丈夫吗 -哦 应该是吧
– She’s got a husband? – Well, evidently!
我希望你喜欢青蛙腿和鱼眼
Well, I hope you like frog’s legs and fish eyes
还有绵羊睾丸 因为那些欧洲难民
and sheep’s testicles, because those reffos
什么可怕的东西都吃
eat all kinds of horrible things.
哦 帮我找这只右脚的鞋好吗 谢谢
Oh! Find me a right foot, will you? Thank you.
-多壮观啊 -嗯哼
– Isn’t it glorious? – Mm-hm.
-真棒 -嗯
– It’s just lovely. – Mm.
我很高兴
I am happy.
永远都要高兴
Be happy…always.
是个很棒的选择
It’s a good choice!
丽莎 请允许我介绍一下 我的丈夫斯特凡·桑巴塞利
Lisa, may I present my husband, Stefan Szombathelyi.
他是匈牙利人 但不是伯爵
He’s a Hungarian but not, alas, a count.
毕竟不能十全十美嘛
But you can’t have everything.
斯特凡 这是丽莎·迈尔斯
Stefan, this is Lisa Miles.
我最有能力的初级临时销♥售♥助理
My most capable junior temporary sales assistant.
我很高兴见到你
I am enchanted to meet you.
-哦 -丽莎
– Oh! – Oh, Lisa.
我想你没听说过我们 欧洲人总是喜欢亲吻对方
I suppose you haven’t heard we Europeans are always kissing.
来点酒
Some wine?
我们惊奇地发现了澳洲也有非常棒的美酒
We have been amazing to discover very fine Australian wine.
-嗯 -哦 也许可以来点柠檬水
– Um.. – Oh, perhaps some lemonade.
-对 柠檬水 -谢谢
– Oh, lemonade, yes. – Thank you.
丽莎 告诉我 你喜欢看小说吗
80, Lisa, tell me, do you like to read novels?
哦 是的 我是我刚刚看完了《安娜·卡列尼娜》
Oh, yes, I do. I just finished Anna Karenina.
我还没有想好下一部读什么
I haven’t decided what to read next.
有太多好书了
There are so many to choose from.
哦 这是真的 我保证会读得越来越多的
Oh, how true. And the number always grows, I assure you.
也许你的下一本书和这本会千差万别
Perhaps your next choice should be something quite different.
嗯 艾玛 你读过吗
Um… Emma. Have you read that yet?
不 我没有
No, I haven’t!
哦 好吧 那就定了
Oh, well, that is settled, then.
我向你保证 简·奥斯丁 和托尔斯泰一样都是伟大的天才
Jane Austen, I assure you, is as great a genius as Tolstoy,
不管其他人怎么说
whatever they say.
等你读完了记得和我分享一下读后感 好吗
You will let me have your opinion in due course, yes?
没问题 我会的
Yes, I will.

Oh!
那是鲁迪 这么不准时 也没有谁了
That will be Rudi. Such a sense of timing. Like no-one.

Yes.
丽莎 多吃点
Lisa, put more.
-更多 -是的
– More? – Yes.
啊 午餐时间 我总能把握好时间
Ah…lunchtime… I have such a sense of timing.
谁都比不上我 但是我带了一个蛋糕
Like no-one. But…l have brought a cake.
鲁迪 我们一直在讨论简·奥斯汀
So, tell us, Rudi, we’ve been discussing Jane Austen.
-啊 -你觉得她怎么样
– Ah… – What do you think of her?
嗯 我没有什么成型的意见
Well, my opinion has yet to be formed,
-因为我没有读过任何一部她的作品 -啊 庸俗
-as I have not read one word. – Ah, a philistine!
不 事实上我更喜欢查尔斯·狄更斯
No, the truth is I am rather infatuated with Charles Dickens.
他的英语比匈牙利语好多了
You see, he is much better in English than he is in Hungarian.
所以我在读很久以前就读过的东西
So I am reading again what I read so long ago.
没读过狄更斯塞尔维亚-克罗地亚语的书 我也不想读
Dickens in Serbo-Croat I never read. And I don’t care.
他的书都特别长 他怎么想的
His books are stupendously long. What was he thinking?
我没有时间看
I don’t have time!
-玛格达更喜欢时尚杂♥志♥ -时尚杂♥志♥和阿加莎·克里斯蒂
– Magda prefers Vogue. – Vogue and Agatha Christie too.
-没错 -告诉我你觉得怎么样
– That’s true. – Tell me, what do you think?
-嗯 -蛋糕
– Hm? – Of the cake.
哦 很棒
Oh, it’s wonderful.
我必须说 在墨尔本我一直住的地方
I must say that in Melbourne, where I have been living,
有许多比悉尼更好的蛋糕店
there are many better cake shops than Sydney.
在墨尔本 他们更需要蛋糕
In Melbourne, they have more need of cake,
因为没有太多别的东西可吃
having more or less nothing else.
妈妈
Mum?
发生了什么事 说出来
So what’s going on? Out with it!
弗兰克不见了
Frank’s disappeared.
我就知道一定发生了什么事 什么时候开始的
I knew something was up. Since when?
他星期四没有回家 他星期五没去上班
He didn’t come home on Thursday. He wasn’t at work on Friday.
他们也不知道他在哪里
They don’t know where he is, either.
我打电♥话♥给警♥察♥ 他们说不要担心
I called the police, and they said not to worry.
他们说人们总是这样做
They said people do it all the time.
还说如果他一周之内不回来 再打电♥话♥给他们
That I should call if he’s not back in a week.
-你们两个吵架了 -没有
– You two have a fight? – No!
嗯 我不知道 他总是有点古怪
Well, I dunno… He was always a bit on the peculiar side.
我知道 你和道恩还有乔伊都不… 你们不喜欢他
I know. You and Dawn and Joy you didn’t… You don’t like him!
我从来没说过 但他也确实不是什么很有活力的人
I’ve never said that. But you wouldn’t call him a livewire.
他只是害羞罢了
He’s just shy. That’s all.
在农场长大 没有多少朋友
Growing up on the farm. He didn’t have anyone to talk to.
他一直非常…克制
He’s always been very… inhibited.
听着 帕蒂 我告诉你这个
Listen, Patty… I’ll tell you this.
没有人能够了解男人
No-one understands men.
我们不了解他们 他们不了解自己
We don’t understand them and they don’t understand themselves.
他们是会做一些蠢事
They do these stupid things.
但他们最终总会回来的
But they always come back, in the end.
他们自己没办法好好过日子的
They can’t really manage by themselves, men can’t.
他会回来的 否则我让他好看
He’ll be back… Or he’ll have me to answer to.
这样可以吗 我只是
80, may I? I was just…
我只是想知道会是什么样子
I was just wondering how it would look…
我们试试
if we tried this.
他们喜欢用野蛮的匈牙利语交谈
They love to talk in their barbaric Hungarian.
我以为你是匈牙利人
I thought you were Hungarian.
我 不 我是斯洛文尼亚人
Me? No. I am Slovenian.
我想你不知道那是什么 斯洛文尼亚人
I suppose you do not know what it is, Slovenian?
你能把它脱下来吗
Can you take it off?
是的 我知道 啊 斯洛文尼亚是南斯拉夫的一部分
Yes, I do! Ah, Slovenia is part of Yugoslavia.
首都是卢布尔雅那
The capital city is Ljubljana.
你是个天才 真的
You are a genius. No!
我以前从来没认识过 一个澳大利亚人听说过这个地方
I never met before an Australian who had even heard of this place!
斯特凡和我 我们不是在欧洲相遇的 而是在澳大利亚
Stefan and I, we met not in Europe, but in Australia.
在你们的一个移♥民♥营地
In one of your migrant camps.
不是什么浪漫的地方
Not such a lovely place,
但是在我们经历过苦难之后 那儿简直就是天堂了
but it was paradise after what we had been through.
我懂了
I see.
嗯 我和斯特凡 我们一起学习英语时认识的
Mm. Stefan and I, we met learning English together.
我们可以说德语 但是 它不是我们最喜欢的语言
We can speak German, but… it’s not our favourite language.
这样好多了
There… it’s much better.
丽莎 你不戴眼镜能看见吗
Lisa… can you see without your glasses?
噢 可以 我只需要它们来阅读
Oh, yes, I only really need them for reading.
那么你为什么总是戴着它们
So, why do you wear them always?
我想是因为我一直在读书
I suppose because I am always reading.
我们可以把它摘下来吗
Can we take them off?
可以
你的眼睛很漂亮
You have beautiful eyes.
最后一步 口红 我想
So, one last thing… lipstick, I think…
粉色不错 你可以留下它
It’s a nice pink… and you can keep it.
它很适合少女
It’s suitable for a jeune fille.
你的身材真苗条 保持住
You have so slim a figure. Hold on.
我真羡慕你 你应该充分利用它
I envy you this much. You should make the most of it.
好了 转身
There, turn around.
你看起来很迷人
You look charming.
再多一点经验 丽莎 你会很迷人的
And with a bit more experience, Lisa, you could be enchanting.
你觉得怎么样
How do you feel?
不一样了
Different.
你好 妈妈 看
Hello, Mum! Look!
莱斯利 你说过你四点前会回家的
Lesley, I thought you told us you’d be home by four o’clock.
玛格达给了我这件衣服还有皮带 你觉得好看吗
Oh, Magda gave me this and this belt, do you like it?
-嗯 嗯 天哪 -对不起 我迟到了
– Well… um, goodness– – I’m sorry I’m late,
但是我们出去散了会儿步 玛格达跟我说了战前斯洛文尼亚的情况
but we went for a walk and Magda told me about Slovenia before the war.
哦 我们谈到了书
Oh! And we talked about books
斯特凡还为我们做了一顿美味的午餐
and Stefan made us a lovely lunch.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!