很厚 说不好哦
It’s pretty big, I dunno.
它叫什么
What’s it called?
安娜·卡列尼娜
Anna Karenina.
是爱情故事吗 我喜欢爱情故事
Is it a romance? I like romances.
是 某种程度上是
Well… sort of.
-来吧 我们最好回去了 -哦 是的
– Come on, we’d better get back. – Oh, yes.
嗯 是托尔斯泰写的 它以俄♥罗♥斯♥为背景
It’s um, it’s by Tolstoy. It’s set in Russia.
-俄♥罗♥斯♥ 是吗 -是的
– Russia!? – Yeah!
-你懂俄语 -哦 不 不 这是翻译版本
– You can’t read Russian. – Oh, no, no, it’s a translation.
-哦 -是的
– Oh! – Yeah!
很抱歉 但情况是我回到家的时候
I’m sorry, but the fact is that when I got it home
试穿了一下 发现颜色不太适合我
and tried it on, it just wasn’t really my colour.
我不喜欢
It’s just not me.
我懂了 噢 丽莎 那些是乘电梯去的
I see. Oh, Lisa, those go by the lift.
-还有
– And, uh,
我让你查的售货簿怎么样了
what about the sales books I asked you to check?
你必须逐页地增加总数
You’ve got to add the totals page by page,
然后将它们与收据进行比较
then compare them with the receipts.
是的 我已经做完了
Yes, I’ve done that.
-哦 -小姐 我的连衣裙
– Oh! – Miss? My dress?
好的 夫人 你本来是可以换的 但抱歉 如果穿过了就不能换了
Yes, well, you can exchange it, madam, but not if it’s been worn.
我没穿过
It hasn’t been worn.
很好 去三楼换货 女士
Very well. Third floor for exchanges, madam.
-骗子 -当然
– Liar. – Of course.
哦 当心 她来了 有请1938年的克罗地亚小姐
Oh, look out. Here she comes… Miss Croatia 1938.
女士们
Ladies.
今天我要偷走你们的小奴隶了
Today is the day I am stealing your little schoolgirl slave
-只要几个小时 -哦 不 不 你不能借
-for a few hours. – Oh, no, no, you’re not.
难道你没看见我们快忙得脚朝天了吗
Can’t you see that we’re run off our feet?
没错 但是我也忙
Quite so, but we are all our feet run off.
但是卡特赖特小姐说丽莎可以在这帮忙一个星期
But Miss Cartwright has said that we can keep Lisa all week!
我已经和卡特赖特小姐谈妥了这件事
I have cleared the matter with Miss Cartwright.
来吧 丽莎 我将向你展示我们如何做模型长裙
Come, Lisa. I will show you how we do things in Model Gowns.
来吧
Come!
嗯 真讨厌
Well, bugger that.
她明明知道这周我们需要额外的帮助
She knew we needed the extra help this week.
经典作风 她认为她是这里的主人了
Typical. Thinks she owns the place.
是啊 她就这样
Yeah. Typical.
你们还有其他颜色的吗
Do you have this in any other colours?
当然有 夫人
Certainly, madam.
这些连衣裙都是独一无二的
These frocks are all unique,
而且都是由最好的设计师设计的
and are all only by the best designers.
例如 这是哈代艾米斯设计的
This, for example, is Hardy Amies.
穿着这些衣服的顾客
A customer wearing one of these creations
她肯定不会再遇到另一个穿同样衣服的女人
knows that she will not meet another wearing the same,
这事发生在女人身上太可怕了
which is so terrible a thing to happen to a woman.
你可能会在墨尔本的 乔治服装店那里找到同样的衣服
You might find the same frock at Georges in Melbourne,
但是谁会去墨尔本呢
but who goes to Melbourne?
我们没有相同款式的不同尺寸 是因为
And we do not keep different sizes of the same model because?
不然这件连衣裙就不是独一无二的了
Then the frock wouldn’t be unique?
正确
Quite so.
这对我们年轻的社会女性来说是完美的
This is perfect for one of our younger society matrons,
可以穿去特罗卡德罗参加一个舞会
perhaps to attend a ball at the Trocadero.
是伊丽莎白·阿登设计的 美国人太有现代感了
It is by Elizabeth Arden. The Americans are so moderne.
这个 我想留给自己 剪裁得很好
This… I would like for myself, it is so very well cut.
看这个细节
See the detail.
但我的英式风格并不尽善尽美
But I am not at my best in the English style.
我不能理解
I cannot understand it,
但是所有的英国妇女都是梨形身材
but all English women are made in shape of a pear.
现在法国的雅克法斯 香奈儿 伟大的迪奥
Now the French… Jacques Fath, Chanel, the great Dior,
剪裁成贴合女人胸部和臀部的
cut to fit a woman with bosoms and hips,
不过 它们让女人看起来很苗条 这就是艺术了
but they make her look slim nevertheless, that is artistry.
我想这些很贵
I suppose these are very expensive.

Expensive?!
令人无法想像的昂贵
They are fantastically expensive.
这些昂贵的费用 也许未来你也有福消费
And such cost, as you may one day appreciate,
正是它们魅力的一部分
is part of their charm.
模特礼服
Model Gowns?
我还以为古德时装店卖♥♥的都是模特长裙
Well… I thought they were all model gowns at Goode’s.
噢 不 大部分都是非模特长裙
Oh, no, most of them are un-model gowns.
非模特有各种尺寸 谁都可以买♥♥
They come in all sizes and anyone can buy them.
不管怎么说 没有人有和你一样的衣服
Anyway, no-one has the same clothes you do
因为都是我自己做的
because I make them.
所以它们也是独一无二的 不是吗
So they’re unique too, aren’t they?
想想我给你做的那件可爱的粉红色连衣裙吧
I mean, just think of that lovely pink frock I made you.
那个有褶边的
The one with the frills.
没错 妈妈
That’s right, Mum.
嗯 莱斯利 我以为你喜欢呢
Well, I thought you liked it, Lesley.
哦 我 是的 妈妈
Oh, I…I do, Mum.
我只是在想
I was just thinking that
大多数模特长裙都是 晚礼服
most of the Model Gowns are…evening frocks.
啊 哦 那就另当别论了
Ah… oh, well… that’s another story.
嗯 我想我可以试试看
Well, I suppose I could try my hand at that
如果你想去参加舞会的话
if you wanted to go to a ball.
嗯 哦 你看起来肯定会很可爱的 你会的
Hm? Oh, you’d look just lovely. You would.
哦 谢谢 妈妈
Oh, thanks, Mum.
喔拉雷 哇哦
Volare, Whoa-oh
坎塔雷 哇 哦 哦 哦
Cantare, Whoa-oh-oh-oh
让我们飞上云层去吧
Let’s fly way up to the clouds
远离疯狂的人群
Away from the maddening crowds
喔拉雷
? Volare… ?
派蒂 我在家
Patty? I’m home.
-什么茶点 -牛排
– What’s for tea? – Steak.
-又是牛排 -是的 都是你想吃的
– Steak again? – Yeah, it’s all you ever want.
这次帮你切好了 上次你说全是骨头
Got you chops, you said it was all bone.
是的 那倒不假
Yeah, too right it was.
我累坏了 整天在屋顶上
I’m done in. Been on a roof all day.
真热 我们有啤酒吗
Bloody hot. We got some beer?
有 在冰箱里
Yup. In the fridge.
快点 起来 起来
Come on, get up, get up!
不要靠着栏杆
Not against the rail!
冲啊
Get out of there!
来吧 去吧 去吧
Come on, there you go, there you go!
漂亮
Beauty!
牛的一批
Roughie, my backside, huh?
赢了几块钱
Won a few quid on that!
-爸爸 -干嘛
– Dad? – Yeah?
爸爸 我需要你在这张表上签字
Dad, I need you to sign this form.
这是联邦奖学金
It’s for a Commonwealth scholarship.
如果我拿到了 那意味着政♥府♥
If I get it, it means the Government
将为我付悉尼大学的学费
will pay my fees to Sydney University.
就 就在那里
It’s, it’s just, just there.
喂 我以前告诉过你 我的女儿
Look! I’ve told you before. No daughter of mine–
-不上大学 -没错
– Is going to university. – That’s right.
我知道 爸爸 但是
I know, Dad, but–
艾德 她甚至可能得不到奖学金
Ed, she mightn’t even get the scholarship.
就给她学校签个名吧
Just sign it for her school.
只是签个字而已
Just for their records, that’s all.
-来了 来了 -艾德
– Here we go, here we go. – Ed?
求求你了 爸爸
Please, Dad.
求求你了 爸爸
Please, Dad.
就签吧 艾德
Just sign it, Ed.
只是个签名而已
Just for their records, that’s all.
-只是 只是 爸爸 -艾德
– Just…just, Dad, please. – Ed?
让男人稍微休息一下 好吗
Give a man a break, will you?
只是个签名而已
Just for their records.
没错 就是这样 就是这样
All right, there you go, there you go.
继续 继续 噢不 他慢下来了
Go on, go on. Oh, no, he’s off the bit.
冲啊 真是的
Get up! Oh, you…!
哦 我就知道我不该对它抱这么大希望
Oh! I knew I shouldn’t have put it on the nose.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!