我真的很爱慕你
I adore you.
你考虑多久都可以
Think about it for as long as you like.
我至少给你5分钟
I will give you five minutes at least.
-要不要让你独处一下 不 不不不不 不要离开我
– Shall I leave you alone– – No, no, no, no! Don’t leave me.
我的回复是 我愿意
The answer…is yes!
-是的 我愿意 -太好了
– Yes, I will! – Yes!
太好了
Yes!
-鲁迪来电了 -哦
– That was Rudi on the telephone. – Oh?
他想向我借50英镑
He wants to borrow 50 pounds from me.
哦 为什么
Oh… Why?
哦 他想买♥♥钻戒 或者蓝宝石
Oh, he wants to buy a diamond ring, or a sapphire.
他要做珠宝生意
Oh, is he going into the jewellery business?
嗯 我不这么认为
Mm… I don’t think so.
他想给费伊买♥♥一枚订婚戒指
He wants to buy an engagement ring for Fay.
-你还好吗 -是的
– Are you okay? – Yeah!
-呃 费伊的订婚戒指 -嗯 是的
– Uh…engagement ring for Fay?! – Uh-huh…yeah.
斯特凡 你能给我倒杯威士忌吗
Stefan… could you pour me a whiskey?
好吧
All right!
整个事情都太荒谬了
The whole thing is preposterous.
他们在一起怎么可能会幸福
How can they possibly be happy together?
他们完全没有共同之处
They have absolutely nothing in common.
完全
At all.
嗯 有共同之处
Well, having things in common
并不是幸福婚姻的前提
is not a condition for a happy marriage.
关键是他们在一起很幸福
The point is that they are happy together.
这只是开始
It’s only the beginning.
过程和结尾是以后的事情
The middle and the end must take care of themselves.
至少他并不是只想和她调情
At least he has not been trifling with her.
没有像我担心的那样伤透她的心
Not breaking her heart as I feared.
但是将来就未必了
But he could do, in future.
我为他们高兴 我祝他们好运
I’m happy for them. I wish them well.
-还是有点震惊 -嗯
– Still something of a shock. – Well…
我们的朋友总会做令人震惊的事
One’s friends can be shocking.
这是他们吸引人的特点之一
It’s one of their appealing features.
它不在这里
It is not here.
永远不要让情绪影响生意
Never let sentiment interfere with business.
感情用事就是软弱
To be sentimental about business is to be weak,
软弱就是失败
and to be weak is to fail.
你明白吗
Do you understand?
-是的 -那好
– Yes, I suppose I do. – Yeah.
有一个男人来给他的女儿买♥♥了个礼物
So a man came to buy a present for his daughter.
他非常喜欢这条裙子
And he liked the dress very much.
-所以 -所以他花了50基尼买♥♥了
– So… – So he got it for 50 guineas.
我把衣服给了伊冯
I had given the dress to Yvonne,
让她包起来
to be wrapped…
他告诉我这会让他的女儿多高兴
and he was telling me how happy it would make his daughter.
-然后 -然后
– And… – And?
我告诉他伊冯犯了一个大错误
And I told him that Yvonne had made a big mistake and, um…
告诉他那件衣服已经卖♥♥出去了
that the dress had already been sold.
而且从此以后我绝不再让情感影响我的生意了
And never again will sentiment interfere with business.
我发誓
I swear it!
给你
Here it is.
哦 但是 玛格达 还是要50基尼…
Oh, but, but Magda, it’s still 50 guineas and…
我没有那么多钱
I don’t have that much money.
卡特赖特小姐昨天来过这里
Miss Cartwright came here yesterday,
她又降低了所有未售出的衣服的价格
and she reduced all the unsold dresses even further.
-到.. -35基尼
– To? – Thirty five guineas.
哦 玛格达
Oh, Magda!
35基尼 我 我有 嗯 爸爸给的十个
Thirty five guineas? I…I have, um, the ten from Dad,
还有我的存款和工作人员折扣 我有35基尼
and my savings and the staff discount… I have 35 guineas!
也许你有潜力成为一名商人 更糟糕的职业多了去了
Perhaps you will be a business woman. There are worse things.
一切似乎都很顺利 卡特莱特小姐
Everything seems to be going smoothly, Miss Cartwright.
没错 赖德先生 但是我们很快就会失去一半的员工了
True, Mr Ryder, but we’ll soon be losing half of Ladies Cocktail.
真的
Really? Well…
小丽莎要去悉尼大学了
Young Lisa will be off to Sydney University,
但我们一直知道她只是个临时工
but we always knew she was only a temp.
对 但是 威廉姆斯夫人
Correct, but… Mrs Williams.
-怀孕了 -怀孕
– Expecting. Expecting?
她看起来不像 你怎么知道的
She doesn’t look… how do you know?
赖德先生 我多年来一直注视着我们的黑衣女人
Years of observing ladies in black, Mr Ryder.
还有 嗯 贝恩斯小姐
And, uh, Miss Baines…
-是吗 -她订婚了
– Yes? – She’s engaged!
-和一个匈牙利人 -嗯
– To a Hungarian. – Hm.
她一个月后离职
She’s given us a month’s notice.
至少还有塞姆波…塞…玛格达
There’s still Mrs Symbo… Sym… Magda.
那个小精品店物有所值
That little boutique is worth its weight in gold.
赖德先生 别指望她待得太久
Don’t count on her being around too long, Mr Ryder.
我听说她在找自己的地皮
I’ve heard she’s looking for premises of her own.
嗯 意料之中
Oh, well… it’s not surprising, I suppose.
反正她们总要离开的
Ah, well, they come and they go.
至少 有您和我 卡特赖特小姐
At least… there’s you and me, Miss Cartwright.
我们总是在这里 我们是常驻的
We’re always here. We’re the constant ones.
对不起 失陪
Ah, sorry, thank you.
请 欢迎 请进
Please… welcome… come in!
非常感谢 谢谢您
Thank you, very much. Thank you.
啊 太好了 进来 进来
Ah, wonderful, come in, come in.
很高兴终于见到你了
So lovely to finally meet you!
-欢迎
– Welcome!
-嗨 你看起来很可爱 -谢谢
– Hi! You look lovely. – Thank you!
丽莎 哦 太漂亮了 你穿上它太漂亮了
Lisa! Oh, so beautiful, it looks so wonderful on you.
-嗯 我想是的 -没错
– Well, I suppose it does. – Too right it does.
谢谢您
Thank you!
-那么 大家都坐下吧 -好的 大家请坐
– So, can we please sit? – Yes, please!
-请 -请坐
– Please! – Take a chair.
-来 拿这个 -谢谢
– Here, take this. – Thank you.
-对不起 -我想你应该坐在那儿
– Excuse me. – I think you’re there.
我准备了一些美食
So, I have arranged a few delicacies.
嗯 我觉得是我安排的
Well, I believe that I arranged them.
嗯 是你做的 但是我安排了你来安排这些
Well, you did. But I arranged that you arranged them.
艾娃 你能尽主人之谊吗
Eva, can you do the honours?
-你能尽主人之谊吗 -当然
– Can you do the honours? – Of course!
-啊 谢谢 -是的
– Ah, thank you! – Yes.
我知道这是什么 是橄榄
I know what they are, they’re olives.
费伊
Fay…
我得告诉你一件事
I have to tell you something…
我们会非常富有 而且有很多孩子
We are going to be very rich, and have lots of children.
至少四个
At least four.
你觉得这样行吗
Is that all right with you?
嗯 当然
Yes…of course it is.
-我找到了一个完美的地方 -嗯
– I have found the perfect place. – Hm?
在双湾的中部
It’s… in the middle of Double Bay.
叫 玛格达时尚
“Magda’s Fashions”.
你觉得怎么样
What do you say?
我能说什么 太合适了
What can I say? It is so appropriate!
我想给这些澳大利亚女士展示一下
I want to show these Australian ladies
什么叫做真正的风格
the meaning of the word “style”.
还有真正的贵吧
And “expense”, I’m sure!
哦 请原谅我 迈尔斯先生 我太不礼貌了
Oh, forgive me, Mr Miles, for being inattentive.
哦 别担心 伙计 对了我是艾德
Oh, no worries, mate. Oh, and it’s Ed.
-艾德 -是的 艾德
– Ed? – Yeah, Ed.
艾德 我是斯特凡
Ed… Stefan.
-斯特凡 -嗯哼
– Stefan? – Mm-hm.
斯特凡
Stefan.
这味道好极了 是什么
This tastes great, what is it?
-哦 鸭肝酱 -什么
– Oh, duck liver paté. – Sorry?
鸭肝
Duck liver.
鸭肝
Duck liver?
哎哟
Hm… Strewth!
不过想一想
Just won’t think about it.
既然我已经接受了这么多新鲜事
If I can take everything else that’s been happening

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!