我得了四个A一个B
I got four A’s and a B!
-她叫莱斯利吗 -是的
– Is her name Lesley? – Yeah!
认真听好了
Listen to this!
五个A英语和历史学一等荣誉
Five A’s and first-class honours in English and History.
听起来不错 不是吗
That sounds all right, doesn’t it?
天啊 你真淡定 艾德
Jeez, you’re a cool one, Ed.
超级不错好吗
It’s bloody great, that’s what it is!
是啊 呵呵 嗯 我应该继续工作了
Yeah! Huh! Well, I should get back to work.
我听说你女儿出名了
I hear your daughter’s distinguished herself famously!
祝贺你 好消息
Congratulations! Wonderful news!
祝你好运 伙计
Good on ya, mate!
我想她会去悉尼大学吧
I suppose she’ll be off to Sydney Uni?
你一定很骄傲 艾德
You must be very proud, Ed.
-是啊 嗯– -不错 艾德
– Yeah, well– – Nice one, Ed!
我不确定 我不确定她会去这所大学
I’m not sure about that, I’m not sure about the university.
至少你不会浪费人才吧
Well, surely you wouldn’t waste brains like that.
你让她需要学费的话可以来找我们帮忙
And you tell her to come and see us if she wants a cadetship.
祝贺你 伙计
Congratulations, mate.
但首先 大学才是最重要的
But first, university’s the thing.
我的两个女儿都在那里
Both my girls are there.
享受她们生命中的美好时光
Having the time of their life.
艾德 你怎么想啊
What do ya reckon, Ed?
家里出来个聪明人 不是吗
Someone in the family’s got some brains, hey?!
谢谢 伙计
Thanks, mate.
-妈妈 -我知道 你父亲打过电♥话♥
– Mum! – I know. Your father telephoned.
哦 天哪 他说了什么
Oh, gosh! What did he say?
嗯 没什么
Well, nothing much.
他受了惊吓 否则他就不会打电♥话♥了
He was suffering from shock or he wouldn’t have phoned.
哦 莱斯利 丽莎 这是我一生中最骄傲的一天
Oh, Lesley…Lisa! This is the proudest day of my life!
我也是 到目前为止
Mine too. So far.
喔拉雷 哇哦
Volare, Whoa-oh
坎塔雷 哇 哦 哦
Cantare, Whoa-oh-oh-oh…
弗兰克
Frank.
是的 什么 再要一些吐司吗
Yeah, what? Would you like some more toast?
把该死的盆子放下来 过来
Put the bloody tray down and come over here.
丽莎 或者莱斯利
Lisa! Whose name is also Lesley!
哦 我的年轻朋友 今天是最快乐的一天
Oh, my young friend, this is a most happy day!
-哦 谢谢 -哦
– Oh, thank you. – Oh.
发生什么事 她 你订婚了吗
What’s going on? Is she, are you engaged?!
哦 呸 在她这个年纪 上帝禁止 不
Oh, tush, at her age? God forbid, no.
她在高考成绩单上
She has obtained most magnificent
获得了最辉煌的成就
results in the Leaving Certificate.
-那可真好 丽莎 -谢谢
– Good on you, Lisa! – Thank you.
-恭喜 -哦 非常感谢
– Congratulations! – Oh, thank you so much.
斯特凡让我替他祝贺你 但我们预料到了
Stefan sends his love, but we were not surprised.
今天早上我在先驱报上读到了 太棒了
I read it in the Herald this morning, it’s fabulous!
-恭喜你 丽莎 -哦 非常感谢 莱德先生
– Congratulations, Lisa. – Oh, thank you so much, Mr Ryder.
丽莎
Lisa!
你的好成绩并没让我意外
Your results were no surprise to me.
谢谢您
Thank you.
你是个聪明的女孩 我看得出来
You’re a clever girl, I could see that.
很高兴和你一起工作
It’s a pleasure to work with you,
当你离开我们时 我会难过的
and I’ll be sorry when you leave us.
聪明的女孩
A clever girl…
这可是上帝所有的创造物中最美妙的事物了
Is the most wonderful thing in all creation, you know?
你千万别忘了
You must never forget that.
所以你上大学
So you go to university…
不要错过任何机会
and don’t pass up any opportunities.
你只要向前走 尽可能地让自己更加聪明
You just go away and be as clever as you can.
这是你能做的最好的事
It’s the best thing you could possibly do…
你和这个城市乃至这个世界上所有的聪明女孩
you and all the clever girls in this city and the world.
现在 我们最好开工 卖♥♥一些鸡尾酒礼服 你说呢
Now, we’d better get on and sell some cocktail frocks, hadn’t we?
莱斯利 我是不知道这些考试
Now, Lesley, I can’t see what you want with these exams
和一等荣誉还有什么大学 对一个女孩来说意味着什么
and first-class honours and universities being a girl.
但还是祝贺你
But still… Congratulations…
你做得很好
You’ve done very well.
谢谢 爸爸
Thanks, Dad.
那么 你现在想做什么
So, what do you want to do now?
你知道我想做什么
You know what I want to do.
嗯 我会考虑的 如果你拿到奖学金的话
Well, I’ll think about it… if you get that scholarship.
噢 凭那张完美通行证她会拿到的
Oh, she’ll get it all right, with that pass.
嗯 如果你拿到 我会考虑你上大学 好吗
Well, if you do, I’ll think about you going to university, okay?
但是 如果我决定了你可以去
But, if I do decide you can go,
我可不希望你和那些什么
I don’t ever want to hear you mixed up with these…
自♥由♥意志主义者和那些该死的共♥产♥主义者搞到一起
libertarians and those bloody communists they’ve got there,
被我发现的话你就给我离开这个家 明白吗
you’ll be out of this house in a shot, understood?
是的 爸爸
Yes, Dad.
我去接
Oh, I’ll get it.
这是什么
What’s this?
哦 那是 嗯 意大利腊肠 丽莎建议这样做
Oh! That’s, uh, salami. Lisa suggested it.
肯定是那些该死的欧洲难民
All those bloody reffos she’s got to know.
呵 意大利腊肠
Huh! Salami, eh?
我想我会习惯的
Reckon I could get used to that.
我们没啤酒了吗
We out of beer?
不 也是丽莎的建议
No, Lisa suggested that too.

Huh!
是迈克尔·福尔德斯
It was Michael Foldes.
他是谁 他想要什么
Who’s he? What does he want?
他也通过了考试
He passed the exams too.
他想知道我今晚有没有什么事
He wanted to know if I’m doing anything tonight.
嗯 你当然有
Well, of course you are!
我们要出去庆祝 不是吗
We’re going out to celebrate, aren’t we?
去唐人街吃一顿丰盛大餐 你认为怎么样
A slap-up meal in Chinatown. What do ya reckon?
-我滴爸爸 -哎呀
, Dad! – Crikey.
我是说 有男孩子打电♥话♥给你了 你也毕业了
I mean, blokes ringing you up and you finished school.
长得真快 莱斯利
It’s hard to keep up with you, Lesley!
-丽莎 -丽莎 哦 天哪 接下来又是什么把戏
– Lisa! – Lisa. Oh, God, what next?!
看看你 看看你
And have a look at ya. Just have a look at ya.
还不错 嘿
Not bloody bad, hey!
不错
Not bad.
费伊
Fay!
-对不起 -没关系
– Sorry! – That’s alright.
-我们要去哪里 -是个惊喜
– Where are we going? – It’s a surprise.
我想听听你的专业意见
I want your expert opinion.
你看 有海港景色
You see… there are harbour views.
也许你的脖子会脱臼
Maybe you will dislocate your neck,
但是有海港景色就行
but there are harbour views.
你觉得怎么样
What do you think?
我觉得 我觉得很棒
Well, I think it’s… I think it’s really lovely.
但你的观点比较重要
But it’s you who has to like it. It’s…
我是说 这是你的公♥寓♥ 你觉得怎么样
I mean, it’s your flat. What do you think?
哦 你误会我了
Oh, you…misunderstand me…
哦 你是说 你的意思是为我准备的
Oh, you mean… you mean it’s for me.
-就像马洛先生 我 嗯 -费伊
– Just like Mr Marlow, I, uh… – Fay…
-我待在这里 然后你 -费伊
– I stay here and you… – Fay.
-你来拜访 -费伊 别傻了
– You visit and– – Fay! Don’t be bloody silly!
才不像那个该死的马洛先生
Not like Mr Bloody Marlow!
我刚刚听上去像不像澳大利亚人
There, don’t I sound like a true Australian?
-不像
– No?
这是给你的
No, this is for you.
也给我 给我们
For…me. For…us.
我想让你嫁给我
I want you to marry me.
-结婚 -结婚
– Marry? – Marry.
娶我
Marry me?!
但我 我 我是说 我不知道 我一无所知
But I… I, I mean, I don’t, I don’t know anything about…
-不懂 书籍 音乐 艺术或者 -别管这些 费伊
– Books, or music, or art or… – Bugger that, Fay!
-歌♥剧或 -费伊 费伊 你很诚实
– Opera or– – Fay, Fay, Fay, you’re honest.
又甜又美 我可以
And sweet and beautiful, and I’m going to…
教你关于巴♥赫♥和莫扎特的一切
love teaching you all about Bach and Mozart,
最重要的是 我爱你
and I love you!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!