*And maybe this appeals*
*没穿高跟鞋的人*
*To someone not in heels*
*或是幻想浪漫的姑娘*
*Or to any girl who feels there’s some chance for romance*
-*但我心里真的毫无波澜* -*是吗*
– *But I’m frankly feeling nothing* – *Is that so?*
*或者比毫无波澜更平静*
*Or it could be less than nothing*
*很高兴你也有同感*
*Good to know so you agree?*
*没错*
*That’s right*
*可惜了这美妙的夜晚*
*What a way to waste of a lovely night*
喂 格雷格
Hi, Greg.
抱歉我迟到了
Hi. Oh, sorry I’m late.
对 马上到 好 再见
Yeah. Very soon. Okay. Bye.
-原来就在这 -就在这
– It’s just right there. – Just right here.
要我开车送你到你的车那边吗
Do you want a ride to your car?
不用了 就在这边
No, I’m just right up here.
晚安
Good night.
晚安
Good night.
不好意思 这个是不含麸质的 对吗
Excuse me. This is gluten free, right?
-不是 -什么
– No. – What?
我要退款
I’d like a refund.
好 我去确认一下
Okay. Let me check it out.
米娅 你周五负责闭店
Mia, you’re closing Friday.
我没法周五闭店 我要试镜 记得吗
I can’t close on Friday. I have an audition, remember?
你觉得我在乎吗 我们重排了
Do I look like I care? We reschedule it.
另外我们明天要谈一谈 好吗
And we need to have a little talk tomorrow, okay?
-麻烦系好围裙 -好
– Fix your apron, please. – Okay.
又是你
You again!
你来这干什么
What are you doing here?
来跟电影公♥司♥的高层们开会
You know, just meetings and studio heads…
你怎么溜进来的
How did you get on the lot?
我就直接冲过了安全闸门
I basically just run past the guard gates.
在他们找到我之前 我能待20分钟
I think I have 20 minutes until they find me.
-你快休息了 是吧 -我十分钟后下班
– You have a break coming up, do you? – I’m off in ten minutes.
我能在洗手间藏一会儿吗
Can I hide in the bathroom?
-可以 -好的
– Yes. – Okay.
抱歉
Sorry.
我真得问一下 抱歉
I actually do have to check. I’m sorry.
那扇窗就是《卡萨布兰卡》里
That’s the window that Humphrey Bogart
亨弗莱·鲍嘉和英格丽·褒曼从中眺望的那扇
and Ingrid Bergman looked out of in Casablanca.
是啊
Yeah.
真不敢相信你在跟它一街之隔的地方工作
I can’t believe you work right across the street from there.
-是啊 -太棒了
– Yeah. – That’s amazing.
你的鲍嘉叫什么来着
What was your, uh, your Bogart’s name?
他叫什么 格雷格吗
What’s his name? Is it Greg?
对 格雷格
Yeah, Greg.
你们在一起多久了
Right. How long have you been…?
我们约会大概一个月了
We’ve been seeing each other for about a month.
不错
That’s great.
他挺好的 总之 我喜欢在这种环境中工作 你懂吗
He’s sweet. Anyway, I love being around this stuff. You know?
我懂 我跑到五英里外去买♥♥咖啡
I know what you mean. I get coffee 5 miles out of the way
-就为了接近一家爵士酒吧 -真的吗
– just so I can be near a jazz club. – Really?
范比克酒吧 你听说过吗
Yeah, the Van Beek. Do you know it?
所有著名摇摆乐队以前都在那里演奏过
All the big swing bands used to play there.
贝西伯爵 奇克·韦伯
Count Basie, Chick Webb.
现在那里变成桑巴小吃店了 所以…
Anyway, it’s a samba-tapas place now… So…
什么是桑巴小吃店
What’s a samba-tapas place?
就是个跳桑巴的地方 还卖♥♥西班牙小吃
You know, it’s like a samba place where they serve tapas.
像是跟历史开了个大玩笑
Yeah. So the joke’s on… history?
我不知道 这就是洛杉矶
I dont know. That’s L.A.
人们崇拜一切却又什么都不珍惜
They just – They worship everything and they value nothing.
我们要开始拍摄了 请不要横穿
We’re about to roll. Stop please guys.
-你们在拍摄 -对
– You’re rolling? – Yeah.
没问题 我家那边也全是拍电影的
They shoot movies on my street all the time so no problem.
-这边走 -好
– Come this way. – Right.
街道封锁了
It’s a lockdown.
-我喜欢她 -准备开始
– I love her! – And here we go.
米娅 你怎么喜欢上这些的
Mia. How did you get into this?
-开机 -喜欢上什么
– And… roll! – Get into what?
-电影 表演 -开拍
– You know, movies, acting. – Action!
-我姑姑是演员 -好
– My aunt was an actress. – Oh, okay.
她在巡回演出剧团工作
She was in a traveling theatre company.
我在内华达州的博尔德城长大
I grew up in Boulder City, Nevada.
我家对面
So across the street from my house,
有一座小图书馆
there was this little library..
里面有老电影区
that had an old movies section.
她带我去那 我们在里面待了一整天
So she- she took me and spent an entire day
看老电影
watching all these old movies…
比如《美人计》《育婴奇谭》《卡萨布兰卡》
like “Notorious”, “Bringing Up Baby,” “Casablanca”
-到这儿停 停 检查胶片
-and… -Cut it there! Cut! Check the tapes.
-现在可以说话了 -她好像很棒
– We can talk now. – She sounds incredible.
她确实很棒
She was incredible.
我会在卧室里扮这个扮那个
And I would put on all these plays in my bedroom…
基本上只有她和我
and it would basically just she and I…
模仿表演电影里的场景
reenacting the scenes from the movies.
然后我还自己写剧本
And then I wrote my own plays.
我喜欢
I love it.
我上了两年大学就辍学来了这里
So anyway, I left college after two years to come here.
上一次试镜是为一部青少年肥皂剧
And my last audition was for a teen soap…
被宣传成《危险游戏》跟《橘子郡男孩》混搭
pitched as Dangerous Minds meets The OC.
好吧 我本该做个律师的
So yeah, should’ve been a lawyer.
因为这世界需要更多的律师
‘Cause the world needs more lawyers.
不需要更多女演员了
Doesn’t need more actresses.
你不只是个女演员
You’re not just an actress.
什么叫”只是个女演员”
What do you mean “Just an actress”?
你自己说的 你是个神童剧作家
You said it yourself. You were a child prodigy playwright.
我可不是这么说的
That is not what I said.
你太谦虚所以才没这么说 但这是事实
Well, you’re too modest to say it but it’s true.
你可以创作自己的角色
So you could just write your own roles, you know.
创作出像你一样有趣的角色
Write something that’s as interesting as you are…
-你就不用去试那些乱七八糟的了 -是啊
– and you don’t have to audition for this pishi kaka. – Yeah.
想想路易斯·阿姆斯特朗[爵士乐之父]
Look at Louis Armstrong, you know.
他本可以只按要求演奏
He could have just played the marching band charts
军乐队乐曲
that he was given.
-但他没有 他做了什么 -他做了什么
– But he didn’t do it. What did he do? – What did he do?
他创造了历史 不是吗
He made history, didn’t he?
我以后不去试镜了 我要去创造历史
I’m gonna stop auditioning and I’m gonna make history instead.
我的任务完成了
Well, my work is done here.
我也许应该告诉你点事
I should probably tell you something now.
好把话说清楚
To get it out the way.
我讨厌爵士乐
I hate jazz.
你没事吧
You okay?
你说你讨厌爵士乐是什么意思
What do you mean you hate jazz?
就是说我听它的时候并不喜欢
It just means that when I listen to it, I don’t like it.
但你说不喜欢爵士乐也太以偏概全了
Yeah but it’s just a blanket statement that you don’t like jazz.
你现在有什么计划吗
What are you doing right now?
没有
Nothing.
我觉得当人们说 他们…
You know, I just think that when people say that, they…
讨厌爵士乐的时候
you know, hate jazz…
根本就是无缘无故的
They just- they don’t have context.
不知道这种厌恶是从哪来的
They don’t know where it comes from. You know?
爵士乐诞生于新奥尔良的一所小小的廉价旅馆
Jazz was born in a little flophouse in New Orleans…
里面挤满了人
and just because people were crammed in there,
这些人语言不通
they spoke five different languages.
他们无法交流
They couldn’t talk to each other.
只能通过爵士乐沟通
The only way that they could communicate was with jazz.
那肯尼·基呢
You know, what about Kenny G?
什么
What?
那肯尼·基呢 电梯音乐呢
What about Kenny G? I mean, what about elevator music?
那些是我所知的爵士乐
You know, jazz music that I know.
-那些怎么了 -在我生活中听到的
– What about it? – From my life.
我觉得它能令人放松
I just- I mean find it relaxing.
爵士乐不是令人放松的

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!