Lefferts looked beat-up Christmas Eve
雷佛在圣诞夜似乎被打了
but didn’t act it. Why?
可是她却没报案 为什么?
I think she’d been hit in the face with a tennis racket.
我想她是被网球拍打到的
She was a big doubles fan.
她很喜欢打双打
You’re a known associate of a woman killed in a mass murder.
你是命案死者的友人
Want to go downtown to discuss this?
要不要到局里去跟我们谈?
Is this official?
只是为了这件事吗 警♥察♥先生
Somehow I have the feeling this is more personal with you.
我怎么觉得你似乎是为了个人的私事来找我的
All right, then
好了
are you concerned about criminal matters peripheral to the murders?
你现在是奉命调查跟命案有关的事情吗?
Not at the moment. You’re not obligated to report them?
目前没有 那你不见得要向上级报告罗?
Why were Lefferts’ eyes black?
为什么雷佛脸上会有淤血?
I needed a Rita Hayworth to fill out my little studio.
我需要一位丽泰·海华来充实我影棚的阵容
What little studio?
什么影棚?
Well, there’s Gardner, Russell, Monroe, Turner.
我们那儿有很多像电影明星的女孩
Lynn Bracken is my Veronica Lake.
琳恩是我的薇洛尼卡.雷克
I use girls that look like movie stars.
我专找长的像电影明星的女孩
Sometimes I employ a plastic surgeon.
有时难免得稍微整容一下
When the work was done, that’s when you saw us.
那晚正好被你看见了
It’s why her mom couldn’t I.D. her.
所以她老母认不出她来
Jesus fucking Christ!
我的老天啊!
No, Pierce Morehouse Patchett.
我不是老天 我是皮尔斯·巴却
I sense you’re on your best behavior,
我知道你职责在身
but that’s all I’m saying.
可是我言尽于此
If you persist, we’ll meet with my attorney.
如果你再追问下去我只好找律师来了
Would you like Lynn Bracken’s address?
你要不要琳恩的地址?我想她似乎不
I got her address.
我已经有她的地址了
Find Susan’s killer, Mr. White.
找出杀死苏珊的人 怀特先生
I’ll give you a handsome reward.
我会给你一大笔奖金的
Whatever you desire!
任君选择
I know you’re not asleep.
我知道你还没睡
What do you want?
你是在跟我说话吗?
My 5 bucks.
你要什么? 我的五块钱
It was the only one I had.
我就这么些钱了
Right now?
现在?
Hey, doll face, tell him to leave us alone.
喂 宝贝 叫他别来骚扰我们
I understand.
我了解
Okay, fine.
好的
Oh, baby
哦!宝贝
bad news.
坏消息
You have to go.
你得走了
Go?
走?
Something very important has come up and you have to go.
有很重要的事发生了 所以你得走了 不过
I’ll make it up to you.
我改天会补偿你的 好吗?
I will, I promise.
我会的 我保证
Excuse me.
让我过去
Is it the cops?
是警♥察♥吗?
Miss Bracken
布雷肯小姐
I’m Officer White.
我是怀特警员
I’ve been expecting you,
我知道你要来
just not this soon.
只是没想到这么快
Pierce called. He told me what happened to Sue.
皮尔斯来过电♥话♥ 把苏珊的遭遇告诉我了
Everything all right, doll?
没什么麻烦吧 宝贝?
Want me to get rid of him?
要不要我把他撵走?
Hit the road.
上路吧 兄弟
Maybe I will
说不定我会走
maybe I won’t.
也说不定我不走
LAPD. Get out of here
我是洛城警♥察♥ 快点滚开
or I’ll have your wife come get you.
否则我叫你太太来抓你了
Officer. Councilman.
警员 议员
Would you care for a drink?
要不要来杯酒?
Yeah, Scotch straight.
好 纯威士忌
I was friendly with Sue Lefferts,
我跟苏珊还挺不错的
but we weren’t friends.
不过我们不是朋友
Know what I mean?
你明白我的意思吗?
You sorry she’s dead?
她死了你会难过吗?
Of course I am.
当然会
What kind of question is that?
这算哪门子问题?
Do you know why Pierce is humoring you?
你知道皮尔斯为什么这样子耍你吗?
Use words like that, you might make me mad.
你用耍这个字会把我惹毛的
But, do you know?
不过你知不知道为什么?
Yeah, I know.
我知道
Patchett’s running whores
他让女孩整容变得像电影明星
cut to look like movie stars.
然后替他卖♥♥淫
And, judging by his address,
而从他的豪♥宅♥看来
something bigger on the side.
他另外还有更大的买♥♥卖♥♥
He doesn’t want any attention.
所以不希望太过出风头
That’s right. Our motives are selfish
没错 我们的动机很自私
so we’re cooperating.
不过我们会合作的
So cooperate. Why was Susan Lefferts at the Nite Owl?
那就合作吧 布雷肯小姐! 苏珊为什么去夜猫子?
I don’t know. I never heard of the Nite Owl till today.
我不知道! 这是我第一次听到夜猫子这个名字
How’d she meet Patchett?
她是怎么认识皮尔斯的?
Pierce meets people.
皮尔斯交游很广
Sue had dreams of Hollywood
苏珊则满怀明星梦
and this is how they turned out.
如今却落得这个下场
Thanks to Pierce,
全拜皮尔斯之赐
we still get to act a little.
我们依然得继续装下去
Tell me about Pierce.
告诉我皮尔斯的底细吧
He’s waiting for you to mention money.
他还在等你向他开价呢?
Want advice, Miss Bracken?
要不要听听我的建议?布雷肯小姐
It’s Lynn.
叫我琳恩
Miss Bracken
布雷肯小姐
don’t ever try to fucking bribe me
千万不要想要贿赂我
or I’ll have you and Patchett in shit up to your ears.
否则我他妈的整得你跟皮尔斯叫苦连天
I remember you from Christmas Eve.
圣诞夜那天的事深印在我脑中
You have a thing for helping women, don’t you?
你一向很喜欢帮女人对不对?
Maybe I’m just fucking curious.
说不定我只是他妈的好奇而已
You say “fuck” a lot.
你一天到晚把脏话挂在嘴上
You fuck for money.
你却一天到晚为了钱在操人
There’s blood on your shirt.
你的衬衫上有血
An integral part of your job?
是不是干员警就得打人?
Yeah. Do you enjoy it?
对 你喜欢打人吗?
When they deserve it.
如果对方欠揍的话
Did they deserve it today?
他们今天欠揍吗?
I’m not sure.
我不知道
But you did it anyway.
可是你还是揍人了
Yeah.

Like the half dozen guys you screwed today.
就像你今天接了十几个人一样
Actually, it was only two.
事实上只有两个
You’re different, Officer White.
你真是与众不同 怀特警官
You’re the first man in years
五年来你是第一个
who didn’t tell me I look like Veronica Lake.
没说我很像薇洛妮卡的人
You look better than Veronica Lake.
你比她漂亮
Pierce Patchett?
皮尔斯他?
He takes a cut of our earnings
他会把我们赚的抽一部份
and invests it for us.
去替我们投资理财
He doesn’t let us use narcotics and he doesn’t abuse us.
他不许我们吸毒 也不会打我们
Can your policeman’s mentality grasp those contradictions?
你们警♥察♥能想象得到这种矛盾的做法吗?
He had you cut to look like Veronica Lake.
他让你去整得像薇洛妮卡的?
No.

I’m really a brunette, but the rest is me.
我本来是黑发 其它的都没变
And that’s all the news that’s fit to print.
你只要知道这些就够了
It’s nice meeting you.
很高兴认识你
I’d like to see you again.
我想再跟你见面
For a date
你这是在约我吗?
or an appointment?
还是在跟我预约时间?
I don’t know.
我不知道
For a date, I’d know your first name.
如果是约会 那你该告诉我你的名字
Forget I asked.
忘了我刚刚说的话
It was a mistake.
是我说错话了

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!