Let’s do it.
史丹斯 过去出口气
Come on, guys. Let’s get them.
对 大伙儿快点去出口气
Stensland, the party’s upstairs.
喂 史丹斯 派对是在楼土
This doesn’t concern you.
这儿没你们的事
Come on, guys. Haven’t you got work?
拜托 你们都没事干吗?
Go back to the party.
回♥派♥对上去
Come on, it’s Christmas, help me out.
这是圣诞节呀 帮帮忙好吗?
Move it!
走开
I just got a few more questions.
我只剩下几个问题而已
You don’t have to be here.
你们用不着进来的
Go!
上
You better put a leash on your partner before he kills somebody.
你最好拉住你的伙伴 免得他杀人
Teach him a lesson!
给他一点教训
Get him, Stens!
史丹斯 揍他
This is for ours, Poncho.
这是为我们兄弟出气的 土蛋
Get him, Stens!
揍他 史丹斯
Let me through!
让我过去
No! He didn’t do nothing!
他又没做什么事
What are you looking at?
你看什么看
Tell that Mexican to shut up!
叫那个墨西哥人闭嘴
You’re sick!
你有病啊
Don’t break it up. Get back! Get back!
你别搅局啊 退后
Yeah, and fuck your mother!
去你♥妈♥的♥
Fuck you!
去你的
Stop, officer! That’s an order!
住手!这是命令
You’ll all be in my report!
我会把你们全记上去的
“Bloody Christmas.”
“血腥的圣诞节 ”
The press love to label.
媒体最喜欢乱下标题
You should know this is bigger than the police board.
你应该知道此事非同小可
The grand jury’s convening.
大陪审团已经成立了
Indictments may be handed down.
搞不好真的会起诉
Will you testify?
你会出庭作证吗?
No, sir. I won’t.
不会的 长官 我不会
District Attorney Loew?
你要不要跟罗检察官谈一谈
You and officer Stensland brought the liquor to the station.
你跟史丹斯送酒到了局里
Stensland was already drunk.
史丹斯当时已经醉了
Appearing as a voluntary witness against him
你如果自动出面指控他
could offset damage to yourself.
将可以减轻对你自己的伤害
I won’t testify against him,
我不会出面指证自己的伙伴
or anyone else.
或是任何人的
This man is a disgrace.
他真是警界之耻呀
Your badge and gun, officer.
你的枪跟警徽交出来
You’re suspended from duty.
你被停职了
Dismissed.
解散
We need police witnesses to offset the damage done to the Department.
我们需要警员担任证人 来化解对本局的伤害
Justice has to be served.
正义必须伸张
Of course I’ll testify.
我当然愿意作证
I’m glad you feel that way, Edmund.
我很高兴你有这样的想法
Most don’t.
大多数人都不会
They think silence and integrity are the same thing.
他们以为沉默跟正直是同一♥码♥子事
Not exactly the image of the new LAPD we’re trying to create.
他们跟我们建立的警员形象实在差太远了
Welcome to Los Angeles, the city of the future.
欢迎光临未来之城洛杉矶
May I make a suggestion, sir?
我可以提出建议吗 长官?
By all means.
你尽管说
The public will expect the Department to sweep this under the carpet.
民众一定以为我们会大事化小
Don’t.
不会
Shift the guilt to men whose pensions are secured.
拿退休金已万无一失的人开刀
Force them to retire.
强迫他们退休
But somebody has to swing.
可是还是得重罚一些人
So indict, try and convict Richard Stensland and Bud White.
所以要彻底查办理查德·史丹斯跟巴德·怀特
Secure them jail time.
而且一定要让他们坐牢
The message will be clear.
这样话就说得很明了
This Department
本局绝对无法忍♥受
will not tolerate officers who think they’re above the law.
自以为凌驾在法律之上的警员
Dick Stensland is an embarrassment as a policeman.
史丹斯本来就是警界之耻
He’s had rotten fitness reports from every C.O. he’s served under.
他的历任长官都说他贪赃枉法
But Bud White is a valuable officer.
可是巴德·怀特是个难得的人才
White’s a mindless thug.
怀特根本没长脑子
No, Edmund
不 埃德蒙
but he can answer “yes” to those questions I’ve asked you before.
我问你的那些问题 他都可以回答”愿意”
The Department and the public need role models.
警局跟民众都需要模范警♥察♥
Clean-cut, forthright men the public can admire.
仪表出众为人正直 可以让民众崇拜的人
Sergeant I’ll promote you to lieutenant
巡佐 我晋升你为队长
effective immediately.
立即生效
Detective Lieutenant.
刑事队长
Ed, you’re 30.
艾德 你才三十岁
Your father didn’t make lieutenant till he was 33.
你父亲三十三才升队长的
I know that, sir.
我知道 长官
When he made lieutenant, it was as a detective.
而他升队长时正是升为刑事队长
Before we start polishing our laurels
在我们开庆功宴前
it’d look better if we had a corroborative witness.
最好先找个预备证人
That won’t be easy to come by.
这可不太好找了
The men hate a stool pigeon.
大伙最恨这种打小报告的人
Jack Vincennes.
杰克·文生
He hit one of the Mexicans.
他出手打了其中一个
A veteran like Vincennes might be willing to admit his own culpability
像文生这种老贼叫他承认自己的过失还有可能
but he’d never rat out a fellow officer.
要他出♥卖♥♥♥同僚根本不可能
Jack’s the technical advisor on Badge of Honor.
杰克是警网群英的技术顾问
He lives for it.
他靠那个吃饭的
That’s how to get to him.
我们就从这方面着手
I’d like you to observe, Ed.
我希望你能在一旁观察
Call Sergeant Vincennes.
叫文生警官进来
Bright kid.
很聪明的孩子
You may reap the benefit
你或许可以蒙受其利
but are you ready to be despised in the Department?
可是你受得了局里同仁鄙视的眼神吗?
Yes, sir, I am.
是的 长官 我受得了
So be it.
那就这样吧
Sergeant, we’ll get right to it.
队长 我们就开门见山
Nine civilian witnesses have identified you as hitting Ezekiel Garcia.
有九位市民指证你殴打加西亚
But we have a witness who will name names
不过我们有位证人愿意指认所有涉案的人
and testify that you hit back
并且证明你是在被打了以后才出手还击的
only after being hit.
还有呢?
You will testify against 3 officers
而你将指证 只有三名已拿到退休金的人涉案
who have earned their pensions and plead ignorance about the rest.
其它人则属无辜
No thanks. I’m not a snitch.
不必 谢了 我不是那种打小报告的人
I’ll guarantee you a slap on the wrist, a brief suspension
我保证只对你从轻处以停职的处份
followed by a temporary transfer from Narcotics to Vice.
然后把你暂时由缉毒组调到风化组去
You transfer out of Vice, you’ll be back on the show.
等你由风化组调回来 一样可以回去做节目
The show?
节目?
Badge of Honor, Vincennes.
警网群英啊 文生
We need to tone down your profile for a bit.
我们得暂时减少你的曝光率
I doubt you’ve ever taken a stupid breath.
我看你一直都很聪明的
Don’t start now.
可别突然变笨了
Okay, I’ll do it.
好 我作证就是了
The grand jury will hear your testimony tomorrow.
大陪审团明天会听取你的证词 你可以离开了
And so it goes Detective Lieutenant.
那就这样好了 警官
Ace them at the grand jury tomorrow, son.
明天在大陪审团前好好表现一下
Wear a smart-looking suit and ace them.
穿套帅一点的西装好好秀一下
And Ed lose the glasses.
还有艾德 把眼镜拿掉
So you’re the stellar witness.
原来你就是那一个证人
I should have known.
我应该猜到的
What’s the Chief throwing you?
局长给了你什么?
Throwing me?
给了我什么?
Yeah, Exley, what’s the payoff?
对呀!给了你什么好处
You’re the payoff expert.
你是给好处的专家
I’m just doing my duty.
而我只是尽我的职责而已
Come on, you’re playing an angle here, college boy.
好了 你只不过是 抓到一个大好良机而已 大学生
You’ll get something so you don’t have to hobnob with the cops
你一定是得了什么好处
who’ll hate you for snitching.
所以以后用不着跟那些 恨你入骨的同仁打交道了
If they’re making you detective, watch out.
如果他们升你的话 你得小心点了