Only by reputation.
只是听说过而已
This is Sid Hudgens.
温德尔 这位是西·德哈金斯
I’m willing to cooperate.
我愿意合作
No need to tie me down.
没有必要把我绑起来
It’s for your own safety.
这是为了你的安全着想
What can you tell us about Jack Vincennes?
你对杰克·文生警官知道些什么呢?
Hollywood Jack? The Big V?
好莱坞杰克 那个大骚包
I can tell you he’s on the night train to the Big Adios.
他已经踏上奈何桥了
I had nothing to do with him getting killed,
我跟他的死没有任何关系
if that’s what you mean.
你是不是要问这个?
But you were business associates.
可是你们不是合伙人吗?
What’s that got to do with anything?
这跟他的死有什么关系
Okay, so we worked together.
好 我们是一起合作
It was an information exchange.
不过是互相交换消息嘛
I got him first-class collars,
我帮他找出一些要犯
he got me good stories.
而他提供我一些好的题材
We were friends.
我们只是朋友而已
We’ll drop that for the moment.
好了 暂时先别谈杰克了
Care to comment on Pierce Patchett?
可以谈谈皮尔斯·巴却吗?
You think he had something to do with Vincennes getting iced?
巴却? 你想他跟文生的死有关吗?
Wendell, I’d like full and docile cooperation on every topic.
我希望我问话的时候 对方能够完全跟我合作
Okay, okay, okay. All right.
好啦好啦
Everyone knows Patchett’s worth a boatload of greenbacks.
每个人都知道巴却他腰缠万贯
But the man has hobbies too.
不过那个人也有一些嗜好的
He bankrolls B movies under the table.
他私底下会出资拍一些黄色电影
And try this one on.
你再听听这个
He’s rumored to be a heroin snuffer.
另外听说他还会吸毒
All in all, a powerful behind-the-scenes strange-o.
总之一句话 他是一个深入简出的怪富豪
And? And what?
还有呢? 还有什么?
Reciprocity, Mr. Hudgens, is the key to every relationship.
人跟人相处是互相的
He runs call girls.
他还开了应♥召♥站
Primo tail fixed up to look like movie stars.
整容整得像电影明星的妓♥女♥
And?
还有呢?
Blackmail shit.
还有他也搞勒索那一套
In my car, in the trunk, under the rug.
我车上 行李箱地毯下面
Patchett got me to photograph…
巴却给了我一些警♥察♥
this cop screwing this gorgeous slut named Lynn.
跟一个叫琳恩的女人上♥床♥的照片
She looks like Veronica Lake.
那女的长得像薇洛妮卡
Leave him!
放开他
I said leave him be!
我叫你放开他
Get him away from me!
快点把他拉走
Back off! Back off!
退后
I wouldn’t trade places with Exley right now
就算全爱尔兰的威士忌都给我
for all the whiskey in Ireland.
我都不愿意跟艾斯利交换位置
Dudley
杜德利
Dudley, I thought you were going to let the dumb bastard kill me!
杜德利 我还以为你会让那个笨蛋把我给宰了呢
And you.
还有你
Learn to pull your punches a little better.
下次别真的揍下去行吗?
You can uncaught me now, fellas.
现在可以把我给放了吧
Fellas
喂 各位
we had a deal.
杜德利 我们说好的
You, me, Patchett, we’re a team.
你 我跟巴却 我们是一伙的
Hush-hush.
嘘嘘
Anything? Nothing.
有没有? 没有
Meeks never made an arrest the entire time he worked Vice?
难道米克斯在扫毒组没抓过人
Someone must’ve pulled the files.
一定是有人把档案拿走了
What about the daily report books?
那日常勤务报告呢?
They’d be buried in the basement.
如果还在一定是放在地下室
Find them.
去找出来
Did you talk to Exley?
你跟艾斯利谈过话?
Come in out of the rain.
先进来避雨
I want to know what happened with Exley.
你跟艾斯利是怎么回事?
Just come in.
你进来
Are you going to tell me what happened with Exley?
你到底要不要告诉我 你跟艾斯利是怎么回事?
We talked.
我们说过话
Tell me about him.
把他的事告诉我
Later.
待会儿 不 现在
You fucked him.
你跟他搞过
You fucked him.
你跟他搞过
I thought I was helping you.
我以为我是在帮你
I’m glad you’re here.
你来的正好
I need you to see this.
快过来看看这个
Wait.
等一下
Dudley killed Jack.
杜德利杀了杰克
He wants you to kill me.
他希望你把我杀了
He showed you the photo, didn’t he?
是他把照片给你看的对不对
Didn’t he?
对不对?
Think!! Goddamn you, think!!
你想一想 该死 想一想
Get out!
统统滚开
Dudley
杜德利
I checked the daily report books.
我查过日常勤务报告
Dudley, Buzz Meeks and Stensland go way back.
杜德利 巴兹·米克斯以及史丹斯兰 早就同流合污了
I knew Stensland lied to me.
我早知道史丹斯兰在骗我
Lefferts’ mother I.D.’d Stensland as Lefferts’ boyfriend.
雷佛的母亲认出了史丹斯兰 就是雷佛的男友
Stensland pretended he didn’t know Meeks…
我碰见琳恩那晚史丹斯兰
or her the night that I met Lynn.
他还装作不认识米克斯
Stensland and Meeks
史丹斯兰跟米克斯
what the hell were they up to?
他们到底在搞什么把戏?
I don’t know.
我不知道
But I think Stens killed Meeks over heroin.
不过我想史丹斯兰 为了海♥洛♥因♥杀了米克斯
What heroin?
什么海♥洛♥因♥?
Johnny Stompanato told me that Meeks had heroin for sale.
强宁·史当巴那多告诉我米克斯手上有海♥洛♥因♥要卖♥♥
Meeks ends up dead.
结果米克斯死了
Stensland dies at the Nite Owl.
而史丹斯兰也死在夜猫子
It wasn’t the Negroes.
凶手不是那些黑人
The rape victim lied in her statement.
被强♥暴♥的被害人说谎
The first guys to the Mercury coupe were Breuning and Carlisle.
最先赶到福特跑车那儿的是 布鲁尼跟卡尔莱
Dudley’s guys.
是杜德利的人
They planted the shotguns.
散♥弹♥枪♥是他们栽的赃
They’d have killed the Negroes too
如果我跟杰克没有出现
if Jack and I hadn’t shown up.
它们当场就会把那些黑人杀了
Dudley framed them because they were Negroes and had records.
杜德利会栽他们赃 是因为他们是黑人又有前科
He knew there’d be no questions asked
他知道如果他们因为拒捕被杀
if they were killed resisting arrest.
就不会有任何人起疑
Somehow this is all connected to Jack’s angle.
而此事又跟杰克所调查的事有关
Sid Hudgens
西·德哈金斯
the pictures to blackmail Ellis Loew.
勒索罗的照片
A kid got murdered.
被杀的那个年轻人
To figure this out, we need to work together.
如果想弄清此事我们就得合作
Why are you doing this?
你为什么这么做?
The Nite Owl made you.
夜猫子使你功名成就
You want to tear all that down?
你希望这一切成为泡影?
With a wrecking ball.
而且烟消云散
Want to help me swing it?
要不要帮我大干一场?
Let’s go see Ellis Loew.
去找艾力斯罗吧
Find out what the District Attorney knows.
看看检察官知道些什么
You can’t go in there.
喂 你们不能进去
Want me to call the police, Mr. Loew?
要不要我报♥警♥ 罗先生?
Ask for Capt. Dudley Smith.
你就找杜德利·史密斯组长
Tell him we’re discussing…
告诉他我们在讨论
an unemployed actor’s death at a Sunset Strip motel.
演员陈尸日落大道旅馆的事
These are the police.
他们就是警♥察♥
What do you want?
你们有什么事?
I want D.A. bureau men to
我要检察处派人二十四小时
tail Dudley Smith and Patchett 24 hours a day.
监视杜德利·史密斯跟皮尔斯
I want you to get a judge to authorize wiretaps on their home phones.
我要你让法官准许监听他们的电♥话♥
I want authorization to check their bank records.
还有查他们银行记录的许可令
On what evidence?
凭什么证据?
Call it a hunch.
就凭我的直觉
Absolutely not.
绝对不行

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!