Oh, great. You get the girl.
太妙了 你找美女
I get the coroner.
而我得去找法医
Hush-Hush, off the record and on the q.t.
独家秘间的嘘嘘杂♥志♥
I was just coming up to see you.
喂 我正要过去找你
You get that I.D.?
已经查出身份了吗?
Thank God for dental records. Stiff used to be a cop.
还好有牙齿的记录 死者过去是名警♥察♥
Leland Meeks.
李兰·米克斯
Buzz Meeks?
巴兹·米克斯?
You knew him?
你认识他吗?
Of him. He was around when I joined the force.
听说过 我进警界时他还在局里
Bad rep. Thanks.
名声很坏 谢了
“Just the facts,” Jack.
说重点就好了
“Just the facts.”
说重点就好了
Anything else?
还有其它事吗?警官
Leland Meeks worked Vice ’39-’41.
米克斯在39到41年在风化组干过
I need to see his arrest records.
我要看看他的抓人记录
Miss Bracken I’m Lieutenant Exley.
布雷肯小姐 我是艾斯利警官
I know.
我知道你是谁
Bud told me all about you.
你的事巴德全跟我说了
Is that so?
是吗?
And what did White have to say?
怀特他说了什么?
He said you were smart.
他说你很聪明
He also said you were a coward,
他还说你是个懦夫
and that you’d screw yourself to get ahead.
为了功名不计一切
Let’s concentrate on my smarts.
你只要记住我很聪明就好了
Pierce Patchett made you, didn’t he?
你是皮尔斯·巴却塑造出来的对不对?
Taught you how to dress, talk and think.
他教你如何打扮说话、思考
I am very impressed with the results.
他的成就真是令人侧目
But I need answers.
可是我希望你回答我一些问题
And if I don’t get them, I’ll take you and Patchett down.
否则我就把你跟巴却抓起来
Pierce Patchett can take care of himself.
皮尔斯他会照顾他自己的
And I’m not afraid of you.
而我根本不怕你
And you forget one thing, Lieutenant
你似乎忘记了一件事情 警官
Pierce also taught me how to fuck.
皮尔斯也教我如何跟男人搞
And he tells you who to fuck.
而且由他指定跟谁搞
Why does he have you fucking Bud White?
你为什么和巴德·怀特上♥床♥
What makes you think I’m not seeing Bud because I want to?
你为什么认为我不是自愿跟巴德交往的呢?
It would be easier for you if there was an angle, wouldn’t it?
如果我别有居心的话 你心里会舒坦一点对不对
You’re afraid of Bud because you can’t figure out how to play him.
你害怕巴德 因为你根本没有办法控制他
He doesn’t follow the same rules of politics as you do.
他不像你一样玩弄那一套把戏
It makes him dangerous.
所以使得他变得很危险
I can handle Bud White.
我可以应付得了他
Can you?
可以吗?
I see Bud because I want to.
我见巴德是因为我想
I see Bud because he can’t hide the good inside of him.
我见巴德是因为 他散发出一股善良的本性
I see Bud because he makes me feel like Lynn Bracken
我见巴德是因为 他使我觉得自己是琳恩·布雷肯
and not some Veronica Lake look-alike who fucks for money.
而不是长的像薇洛妮卡见钱眼开的妓♥女♥
I see Bud because he doesn’t know how to disguise who he is.
我见巴德是因为他永远不会隐藏自己
I see Bud for all the ways he’s different from you.
我会见巴德是因为他跟你截然不同
Don’t underestimate me.
不要低估我
The way you’ve underestimated Bud White?
就像你低估巴德·怀特那样?
Fucking me and fucking Bud aren’t the same thing.
搞我跟搞怀特是不同的
Stop talking about Bud White.
不要再提巴德·怀特了
Shit.
该死
Jack Vincennes.
杰克·文生
It’s going on midnight.
更半夜了耶
I need 2 minutes, Dudley.
一下子就好了 杜德利
It’s important.
很重要的事
Good thing for you…
算你运气好
My wife and daughters are at the beach in Santa Barbara.
我老婆跟女儿都到海边渡假了
Do you remember Buzz Meeks, Dudley?
你记得巴兹·米克斯吗? 杜德利
A disgrace as a police officer.
那是警界的耻辱
Straight D fitness reports from every C.O.
他历任的长官都说
he ever served under. Why?
他根本不适合当警♥察♥ 为什么?
12 years ago, he was on a Vice roust with Dick Stensland.
十二年前 他跟迪克史丹斯一起进行一次大扫黄
They questioned Pierce Patchett about a blackmail scam.
他们就一宗恐吓案侦讯皮尔斯·巴却
Patchett had Sid Hudgens photographing prominent…
当时案情是巴却叫西德把前景看好的政♥治♥家
businessmen with hookers.
跟妓♥女♥上♥床♥的镜头给拍了下来
Anyway, charges were dropped.
反正 最后罪名撤销了
Insufficient evidence.
因为罪证不足
You were the supervising officer on that case.
你是当时那件案子的督察长官
Remember anything about it?
不知道你还记不记得这件事
What’s this about, boy?
这到底是怎么回事?小伙子
It has to do with a murder I’ve been working with Ed Exley on.
这是跟我还有艾斯利在侦办的案子有关
You’re Narco, Jack, not Homicide.
你是缉毒组的不是凶杀组的
Since when do you work with Edmund Exley?
你什么时后开始跟艾斯利一起合作了?
It’s a private investigation.
我只是私底下调查一下
I messed something up. I’m trying to make amends.
我捅出了一些篓子 希望能亡羊补牢
Don’t start trying to do the right thing, boyo.
别跟人家一样扮什么正义侠士
You haven’t had the practice.
你根本是门外汉
Buzz Meeks and Dick Stensland.
巴兹·米克斯跟狄克·史丹斯
So, what does Exley make of this?
那艾斯利他有什么看法呢?
I haven’t told him yet. I just came from the records room.
我还没有告诉他 我刚刚从记录室那儿过来的
Have you a valediction, boyo?
你还有没有什么遗言? 小伙子
Rollo Tomasi.
罗罗·汤马西
Sergeant Vincennes was killed by a.32 slug to the heart.
文生是被一把点三二的手♥枪♥ 射中心脏死的
Time of death, approximately 1 a.m.
死亡时间大约是深夜一点钟
Although he was found in Echo Park,
虽然尸体是在艾克公园发现的
forensics indicates the body was moved.
可是法医认定尸体被移翻动过
I want 2-man teams to scour that entire neighborhood.
我希望能够两人一组 彻底扫荡整个地区
Our justice must be swift and merciless.
务必迅如闪电铁血无情的 把凶手给抓出来
That is all.
完毕
Might I have a word with you?
埃德蒙 可以跟你谈一下吗
We’re trying to run down a lead on an associate of Vincennes.
我们想追查文生的一位朋友
The records check has led to a dead end.
可是一查下去却是个死胡同
What’s the name?
那个人叫什么名字?
Rollo Tomasi?
罗罗·汤马西
You ever heard Vincennes mention him?
你有没有听文生提起过他?
No. No, I haven’t.
没有 没有听过
It’s probably nothing. Still
这可能没有什么
keep your eyes open, boyo.
不过你还是注意一下好吗?
I know it’s unlikely, but suppose,
我知道是不太可能 不过假设
just for a moment
只是假设
somebody had a lot of heroin,
有人拿到了一大批海♥洛♥因♥
who would they go to move it?
你看他会拿去卖♥♥给谁?
White, in my office.
怀特 到我办公室来
Captain.
好的
Look, just give me a name.
快一点 随便说一个嘛
Mickey Cohen.
米奇·柯汉
Captain? I could use your fearsome habits at the Victory Motel.
组长 我需要你到胜利旅馆去一趟
When?
什么时候?
Now.
现在 温德尔
Close the door, lad.
把门关起来
You’re a bit of a puzzlement to me these days.
我最近实在搞不懂你
You don’t seem your old cruel self.
怎么好像变的软趴趴
And I had such grand plans for your future.
我对你的未来可是有着深远的打算的
What plans?
什么打算?
You have your extracurricular activities and I have mine.
你当然会有自己的一些私事 我也一样
We must have a clarification session one of these days.
不过咱们改天得找个时间 好好谈谈我们的未来
However right now
不过眼前呢
we’ll brace a man who may know who killed Jack Vincennes.
我们要侦讯一个 知道是谁杀死杰克·文生的人
So the question is
所以现在的问题是
can I count on you, lad?
我可以信任你吗?可不可以?
Yes or no? Yes, sir.
可以 长官
I want to know everything you and Jack Vincennes talked about last night.
我要知道你昨晚到底跟杰克谈了些什么
Start with the I.D. on the corpse.
就从尸体的身份开始
An ex-cop.
那个死者以前是一位警♥察♥
Leland “Buzz” Meeks.
李兰巴兹·米克斯
An ex-cop?
以前是警♥察♥?
Did Jack know him?
杰克怎么说?他认识他吗?