Officer White already checked under the house.
怀特警官已经去下面看过了
Under the house?
屋子下面?
Where? Out back.
那里? 外面后头
All he found was rodents.
他只找到老鼠而已
I need an I.D. on this as soon as possible.
尽快帮我查明死者身份
Talk only to me on this one.
而且你只能向我报告
I need your help.
文生 我有件事需要你帮忙
I’m busy right now. Why don’t you ask your boys in Homicide?
我现在很忙你为什么不找你们凶杀组同仁
I can’t. I need someone outside of Homicide.
不行 我需要凶杀组以外的人
Tail Bud White until he goes on duty this evening.
我要你跟踪巴得怀特直到他今天晚上去值勤为止
Do me a real favor and leave me alone.
帮帮忙 离我远一点吧
You make the Negroes for the Nite Owl killings?
你相信那三个黑人是夜猫子案的凶手吗?
What?
什么?
It’s a simple question.
这是很简单的问题
Why in the world do you want to dig deeper into the Nite Owl killings
你为什么还要去追查夜猫子的案件呢?
Lieutenant?
副组长
Rollo Tomasi.
罗罗·汤马西
Is there more or do I have to guess?
你还要给我其它提示还是要我开始猜了?
Rollo was a purse snatcher.
罗罗是个扒手
My father ran into him off-duty.
先父有一次下了班后捉到他
He shot my father 6 times and got away clean.
他朝我父亲开了六枪却逃之夭夭
No one knew who he was.
没有人知道他真实的身份
I made the name up to give him personality.
我为了让这个人真实一点 所以给他取了这个名字
What’s your point?
你到底想讲什么?
Rollo Tomasi’s the reason I became a cop.
罗罗·汤马西是我成为警♥察♥的原动力
I wanted to catch the guys…
我一心想要捉到
who thought they could get away with it.
那些自以为可以逍遥法外的人
It was supposed to be about justice.
我希望能够寻得天道公理
Then somewhere along the way I lost sight of that.
可是慢慢的我失去了那份理想
Why’d you become a cop?
你为什么当警♥察♥?
I don’t remember.
我不记得了
What do you want, Exley?
你到底要什么? 艾斯利
I want to solve this thing.
我希望能破了这个案子
Nite Owl was solved.
夜猫子已经破了
No.
没有
I want to do it right.
我希望能够真正的破案
Even if it means paying the consequences?
即使是你必须付出惨痛代价
All right, college boy, I’ll help.
好 大学生 我帮你
But there’s a case your boys in Homicide don’t care about.
不过有个案子 你们凶杀组根本不在乎
They think it’s just another Hollywood “homo”-cide.
他们认为只是稀松平常的命案
But I don’t.
可是我不认为
You help me with mine,
你帮我查我的案子
I’ll help you with yours.
我就帮你查你的案子
Deal?
一言为定?
Deal.
一言为定
Johnny Stompanato.
强宁·史当巴那多
Officer Wendell White. How’s tricks, paesano?
温德尔怀特警员 你好吗? 老兄
I amn’t your paesano.
没兴趣
I amn’t in the snitch business anymore.
我也不再干线人了
You know a guy named Buzz Meeks?
认识一个叫巴兹·米克斯的吗
Works for Pierce Patchett.
他是皮尔斯·巴却的手下
Should I?
我应该认识他吗?
You’re muscle for hire. Meeks is muscle for hire.
你是保镖 米克斯也是保镖
You tell me.
你说呢?
Yeah, I remember now.
哦对 我现在记起来了
Meeks is a run-down ex-cop.
米克斯是个过气的老警♥察♥了
Same as you’re going to be some day.
有一天你也会跟他一样的
That’s all you’ll get.
我只说到这里了
Keep your 20 bucks.
二十块钱你自己留着吧
What do I get if I give you your balls back, you wop cocksucker?
如果我把你的鸟蛋还给你 你能够告诉我什么? 傻蛋
There was a rumor going around
道上在盛传
that Meeks had a line on a large supply of H.
米克斯跟朋友弄到了一大批的海♥洛♥因♥
And?
然后呢?
And nothing!
没有然后了
He skipped out.
他拿着货溜了
Bullshit.
胡说
How would Meeks get his hands on a large supply of heroin?
米克斯那种人哪有办法弄到大量海♥洛♥因♥
You’re right.
你说的对
It’s probably bullshit.
可能是胡说八道的吧
Even if he did, he could never unload it.
就算他拿到了他也没办法卖♥♥
Not without drawing all kinds of attention.
因为那只会搞的他一身骚
Maybe that’s why
或许就是这样
he’s under a house in Elysian Park not smelling too good paesano.
他才会躺在别人的地下室浑身发臭呢
Maybe White’s not so dumb after all.
或许怀特真的没那么笨哦
We got Rita Hayworth at the morgue,
丽泰·海华躺在停尸间了
and now Veronica Lake with White.
而薇洛妮卡跟怀特在一起
I think your case and my case are connected.
我想你的案子跟我的案子似乎有所关联
It’s Fleur-de-Lis again.
全都扯上了法兰西王朝
Fleur-de-Lis?
法兰西王朝?
“Whatever you desire.”
任君选择
Porno.
应♥召♥站
High-class whores cut to look like movie stars.
整容得像电影明星的高价妓♥女♥
Who knows what else.
谁知道还有什么名堂
Reynolds, the kid that got killed, was involved.
雷诺 那个被杀的小伙子 他也跟法兰西王朝有关
So is Pierce Patchett.
皮尔斯·巴却也是
The millionaire?
那个百万富翁?
I think we should go talk to him.
我想我们应该去找他谈谈
First I want to brace Stompanato.
不过现在去问问史当巴那多
Want an autograph?
要不要签名?
Write to MGM.
写信到米高梅(电影公♥司♥)吧
Since when do two-bit hoods and hookers give out autographs?
什么时后开始 龟公跟妓♥女♥也给起签名照了
What?
你刚刚说什么?
LAPD. Sit down.
洛杉矶警♥察♥ 坐下
Who in the hell do you think you are?
你到底以为你是谁?
Take a walk, honey.
出去走一走吧 亲爱的 要不然可要请你到局里去了
You are making a large mistake.
你犯了天大的错误
Get away from our table.
滚远一点
Shut up.
闭嘴
A hooker cut to look like Lana Turner is still a hooker.
长的像拉娜·透纳的妓♥女♥还是个妓♥女♥
She just looks like Lana Turner.
她只是长的像拉娜·透纳
She is Lana Turner.
她就是拉娜·透纳
She is Lana Turner.
什么?她就是拉娜·透纳
How was I supposed to know?
我怎么会知道呢?
I believe the Nite Owl’s your area of expertise, Mr. Exley.
我相信夜猫子那件案子正是你的杰作 艾斯利先生
I saw you on television getting your medal.
我在电视上看到你接受奖章
And you’re
而你
that other Hollywood celebrity policeman, aren’t you?
是另一个好莱坞明星警♥察♥ 对不对?
The Veronica Lake look-alike works for you.
长的向薇洛妮卡的那个女孩是为你工作的
She’s one of your whores.
她是你旗下女郎之一 对不对?
A vulgar term.
说的真难听
Why’s she seeing Bud White?
她为什么跟巴德·怀特在一起
Why do men and women usually see each other?
男女为什么在一起呢?
Let’s try this on for size:
我们换个话题好了
Fleur-de-Lis.
法兰西王朝
“Whatever you desire.”
任君选择
An actor named Matt Reynolds.
还有一个叫麦特·雷诺的演员
No? Nothing?
没听过 一点都不知道?
We want some answers.
我们需要一些答案
We all want something.
每个人不都是有所求吗?
The guy’s as cool as they come.
这家伙非常沉着冷静
Lieutenant Exley, come in, please. Over.
艾斯利警官请回答 完毕
Exley. The coroner wants to talk to you.
我是艾斯利法医说要跟你说话
He says he has your I.D.
他说他已经查出尸体身份了
Tell him Sergeant Vincennes is coming in to talk to him.
告诉他文生警官会去找他的
Yeah.
好的 了解
I’ll drop you at your car.
我送你回去开你的车
Where are you going?
那你要去那里?
Lynn Bracken’s.
琳恩那儿
To find out why Patchett has her seeing Bud White.
查清楚为什么巴却叫她钩上怀特
See you at the Frolic Room.
我们到狂欢酒吧见面