就说很紧急
Actually, just say that it’s urgent.
– 这里是罗伯·马克的办公室 – 你在逗我吗
– Rob Marker’s office. – Are you kidding me?
那我自己叫警卫好了
I’ll just call security myself.
我不觉得你这儿有警卫
I don’t think you actually have security.
对 我们的确没有
No. No, we don’t.
你对柯达克罗姆熟悉吗
Are you familiar with Kodachrome?
熟悉啊 保罗·西蒙一九七三年的曲子 你想知道什么
Yes. Paul Simon, 1973. What do you want to know?
不是那个 我说的是柯达克罗姆胶卷
Not that. Kodachrome film.
你父亲用柯达克罗姆胶卷摄影 他喜欢
Your father shoots on Kodachrome. He prefers his pictures to be projected…
用光投射而不是洗印出来 他老这么说
…with light rather than printed. I know his spiel.
世界上只剩下一个地方可以处理柯达克罗姆胶卷了
There’s only one place left in the world that processes Kodachrome,
那就是堪萨斯州帕森斯市的德韦恩冲洗店
and that’s Dwayne’s Photo in Parsons, Kansas.
但是柯达已经决定停止生产染剂了
But Kodak decided to stop manufacturing the dyes,
所以过了下周 就再也不能冲洗柯达克罗姆胶卷了
so after next week, it’ll be impossible to develop Kodachrome film.
– 好吧 – 你父亲找到了四卷胶卷
– Amazing. – Your fatherxa0found four rolls
是他很久之前拍的
he shot a really long time ago,
却一直没有冲洗出来 这些胶卷唤醒了他的一些回忆
and he never got them developed, and it woke something up in him.
他决定举办最后一场摄影展
He’s decided he’s gonna have one last show.
那又怎样 我为他感到高兴 可以了吗
How about that? Good for him, okay?
这真是太烦人了
This has been very, very… annoying.
– 我送你出去吧 – 我能不能
– Let me show you out. – Can I just…
本需要把这些胶卷送到堪萨斯 但以他的身体状况没法坐飞机
Ben needs to get these rolls to Kansas, and he can’t fly in his condition.
如果有隔日送到的服务就好了
If only there was a service that delivered overnight.
– 是啊 但他信不过联邦快递 – 那是当然的
– Yeah, well, he doesn’t trust FedEx. – Of course not.
你是他的护工 私人助理还是什么的 你没有驾照吗
You’re his nurse/assistant/whatever. Don’t you have a driver’s license?
– 我有 – 那不就得了
– Yeah, I do. – There you go.
但本想让你开车送他去
But Ben wants you to drive him.
我想尽量清楚地给你解释一下这件事
I’m gonna try to explain this as clearly as possible for you.
我跟这个人已经十年多没有说过话了
I’ve not spoken to the man in over a decade.
让我和他一起去堪萨斯 或者任何地方 都是不可能的事
There’s no way in hell I’m going to Kansas with him. Or anywhere.
明白了吗
You got it?
今晚来吃晚餐吧
Come to dinner tonight.
我哪句话没说清 我说清楚了
I know I’m talking. I can hear my voice.
马特
Matt!
他都要死了
He’s dying.
你应该去见他最后一面
You should go see him one last time.
车在楼下等你
There’ll be a car waiting for you downstairs.
嗨 马特 我是拉里·霍尔特 本的经理人
Hey, Matt. Larry Holdt, Ben’s manager.
是啊 我记得你
Yeah, I remember you.
上次我见你的时候 你还是个少年
The last time I saw you, you were still a teenager.
好吧
That’s great.
那我们进去吧
Well, maybe we should get inside.
他在那里面
He’s in there.
♪ 你太棒了 ♪
♪ You’re so good ♪
♪ 你让我兴奋不已 ♪
♪ You get me high ♪
♪ 你对我太棒了 ♪
♪ You’re so good for me ♪
♪ 你对我太棒了 ♪
♪ You’re so good for me ♪
我没想到你会来
I didn’t think you’d come.
那些看起来好眼熟
Those look familiar.
肯定眼熟 它们是你的
Well, they should. They’re yours.
你想打一会儿吗
You wanna bang it around a little?
– 不 我已经不打了 – 太可惜了
– No, I don’t play anymore. – That’s too bad.
你以前打得挺不错
‘Cause you used to be pretty good.
抱歉 我身上有味道
Oh, sorry for the smell.
他们给我的药让我的体味很难闻
You know, the meds they give me give me gas.
话说 马特
So, Matt…
拉里告诉我你在唱片公♥司♥的工作不太顺利
Larry tells me things haven’t been going so well for you at the record label.
我跟本说的是唱片公♥司♥还没有找到可持续发展的商业模式
I was telling Ben that record labels can’t find a sustainable business model.
你跟我说他现在随时可能滚蛋
You told me that he was gonna be out on his ass any day now.
天哪 本
Jesus, Ben.
– 你是怎么知道的 – 拉里什么都知道
– Where’d you hear that? – Larry knows everything.
– 注意点儿 – 我都快死了 哪有时间注意
– Behave. – I’m dyin’. I don’t have time to behave.
别开玩笑了 这简直是胡扯 你得癌症好久之前就是个混♥蛋♥
Come on. That’s bullshit. You were a prick long before cancer.
这倒是真的
That’s true enough.
至少你们俩在说话
At least you two are talking.
这是好事
This is good.
所以你还能活多久
So how much time you got left?
取决于你问哪个医生
Depends on which doctor you talk to.
我打赌活不过新年
I’m betting tits up by New Year’s.
你怎么离婚了 跟其他姑娘乱搞被捉奸了吗
Why did you get divorced? She catch you in flagrante with some other babe?
– 你就希望那样 不是吗 – 还是你捉到了她吗
– You’d like that, wouldn’t you? – You catch her?
你背着我妈乱搞不意味着所有人都这样
Because you fucked around on Mom doesn’t mean everyone does.
你们能冷静点吗
oesn’t anyone wanna pace yourselves?
你妈妈和我的关系很复杂
Your mother and I had a complicated relationship.
就是因为你跟每个女的都乱搞
Complicated by you putting your dick in every woman you met.
你妈妈原谅了我
Your mother forgave me.
– 是啊 但她一个人孤独地死去了 本 – 我也会的
– Yeah. Well, she died alone, Ben. – So will I.
– 是啊 但是你是活该 – 嘿
– Yeah, but you deserve to. – Hey.
没关系 我们只是 叙叙旧
It’s okay. We’re just… just catching up here.
– 人是会变的 – 才不会
– People change. – No, they don’t.
我们为何不聊聊接下来的旅程呢
Why don’t we talk about the trip?
我来给大家省点麻烦吧 我不会去的
I can save us all a lot of trouble here. I’m not going on any trip.
你是个绝望的老头儿
You are a desperate old man.
你想干嘛 搞些胡扯的赎罪吗
Tryin’ to what? Manufacture some bullshit redemption?
为什么呢
Why?
这样你就能假装你这空虚自私的一生并非毫无意义吗
So you can pretend your empty, selfish life was anything but meaningless?
不用了 谢谢
Thanks, but no thanks.
我告诉你 你死的时候 没人会在乎的
Just so you know, when you are dead, no one’s gonna care that you’re gone.
可能这俩人会吧 但他们是因为靠你吃饭
I mean, maybe these two, but you pay for them.
– 喂 – 马特 我是拉里·霍尔特
– Hello? – Matt, Larry Holdt.
– 嗨 拉里 – 我想谈谈
– Hey, Larry. – I want to discuss…
别开玩笑了 兄弟
Come on, man.
马特 别挂电♥话♥
Matt, don’t hang up.
– 我不会改变主意的 拉里 – 我知道
– Not gonna change my mind, Larry. – I know.
– 我会让你改变主意 – 喔 是吗 说真的 你要怎么做
– I’m gonna change it for you. – Oh, you are? Really? How?
简朴七人行乐队 我可以帮你约上他们聊聊
Spare Sevens. I can get you a sit-down.
– 继续说 – 他们的经纪人以前为我做事
– Go on. – Their manager used to work for me.
他说你整天给他们打电♥话♥
He says you’ve been calling all day.
过几天他们会在芝加哥表演 是某个广播电台的节目
They’re going to be playing in Chicago in a few days. Some radio station thing.
你可以在路上顺便去聊聊
You can swing by on your way.
等等 你说在路上是什么意思
Wait. Hold on. What do you mean on my way?
你是在说要去堪萨斯吗
You’re talking about Kansas, yeah?
听着 我已经不知道怎样才能说得更明白了
Look. I don’t know how to make this any more clear.
这是不可能的
That’s just not going to happen.
听着 本需要这场摄影展 而你需要这次会面
Look. Ben needs the show, and you need that meeting
相信我 这是你唯一的机会了
And trust me. This is the only way you’ll get it.
我不会和他一起去的 拉里
I’m not going to go with him, Larry.
不可能的事
It’s not happening.
求你别再打回来了
Please, don’t call back.

Fuck.
早上好 马修 很高兴你重新考虑了
Good morning, Matthew. Glad you reconsidered.
跟简朴七人行见面的事怎么样了
So what’s up with the Sevens?
演出在周六
Show’s Saturday.
我会安排你们演出后见面
I’ll make arrangements for a meeting afterwards.
还在开这辆车吗 车顶搞好了吗
Still drive that, huh? You fix the roof yet?
不好意思 你要开你的车吗
I’m sorry. Would you like to take your car?
– 我没有车 – 那不就得了
– I don’t have a car. – Then that settles that.
这车跑着没什么问题 马特
The car runs fine, Matt.
– 你也要去吗 – 除非你来给我打♥针♥
– You’re going too, huh? – Unless you want to give me my shots.
– 你不介意吧 – 我不介意
– Is that okay with you? – Fine with me.
– 好吧 – 我们走吧 别浪费时间了
– All right. – Let’s go! We’re burning daylight.
两英里处 并入I-80西路
In two miles, merge onto I-80 West.
别边发消息边开车 拜托了
Do not text and drive, please.
我不是在发消息 我是在看消息 这可不一样
I’m not texting. I’m looking at texts. There’s a difference.
嘿 这辆车没有手♥机♥支架之类的吗
Hey, this car doesn’t have an iPhone jack or anything like that, does it?
我们就像机器一样 仪表板上的柜子里有几盒磁带
We’re strictly analog here. Some cassettes in the glove compartment.
一点五英里处 保持右侧行驶 并入I-80西路
In 1.5 miles, stay to the right to merge onto I-80 West.
佐伊 把那玩意儿给我可以吗
Zooey, hand me that thing for a second, will you?
好的
Yeah.
– 你♥他♥妈♥干什么 – 我说了 就跟机器一样
– What the hell are you doing? – Like I said, strictly analog.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!