I knew everything about them.
我对魔术师很痴迷
I was obsessed with Magic.
我曾经每天都练天勾
I used to work on my sky hook
天天练
every single day.
为了像贾巴尔
And then– To be like Kareem.
后来我练小勾手 效仿魔术师
And then, I worked on the baby hook to be like Magic.
我也学习詹姆斯沃西
And, uh, I worked on my runners
练习抛投
to be like James Worthy.
练习左手抛投
My left-hand hook runners,
右手抛投
right-hand hook runners,
学习拜伦斯科特
my pull-up jump shot in transition
的干拔跳投
like Byron Scott,
拼个40 50 60 甚至80分
and scoring 40, 50, 60 points, 80 points.
我会有那些梦想
I’d have those dreams.
每当我
And so, a hundred percent of the time
幻想那些梦想的时候
when I imagined these things,
我都穿着湖人球衣
I had on a Laker uniform.
黄金圣衣
Golden jersey, baby.
这就好像
This was, like,
梦想成真的感觉
dream come true.
埃尔登-坎贝尔回到场上
Elden Campbell back on the floor
还有新人科比・布莱恩特
with Rooks and Kobe Bryant making his first appearance
在麦迪逊广场首次登场
in Madison Square Garden.
十八岁的他
Eighteen years of age, and he’ll go
要走上罚球线
to the free throw line.
现在,给他一些镜头
Now, let’s give you some perspective.
这是本季第三场比赛
This is the third game of the season.
去年这时候 科比在打劳尔梅里恩高中的第三场球赛
A year ago at this time in his third game for Lower Merion High School,
科比・布莱恩特带领他的高中校队精英们
Kobe Bryant was leading the Lower Merion Aces
战胜了哈弗福德高中
to victory over Haverford High School.
这是他在NBA得到的第一分
There is his first point in the NBA.
他刚满
And it comes at the age
18岁两个月又几天
of 18 years, 2 months, and a couple of days.
整个赛季
All season, I was just waiting and waiting
我都在等待机会的到来
for my opportunity to come.
我想证明
I wanted to prove that I was better than
我比他们想像的还厉害
they thought I was, you know?
我想向我自己证明
I wanted to prove to myself
我比那些人以为的还强
that I’m better than they think I was.
我做好了心理准备
And I was mentally preparing myself
想象那一刻的到来
and visualizing the moment that would come where,
想象着…
you know, I’m–
我带领湖人队取胜
I lead the Los Angeles Lakers to a victory.
Knight从背后过来
Knight comes off the back
抢大鲨鱼的篮板球
to Shaq for the rebound.
科比,别那么干
Kobe, don’t do that.
你知道这么做
You know you’re gonna wear out your pants
是很不利的
if you plan on doing that.
我曾经连续7场比赛
There are times I’d sit the bench
坐在候补板凳上
for seven straight games and then play
比赛最后20秒才上场
the last twenty seconds of a game
当时我看着联盟其它球员
and then look around and see other players in the league
在球场上施展身手
that are out there playing and performing
引爆全场
and setting the league on fire.
…观众很期待…
…the crowd is into it…
进了!
Yes!
突破防守正中投篮
Comes the way out and goes right down the middle…
我知道自己有能力和这些人一起打球
I knew I could play with these guys
因为我很清楚他们的情况
because I had seen them up-close.
我知道我可以
I knew I could
跟他们一较高下
compete with them,
但就是没有机会展示自己
but I wasn’t getting the opportunity to show it.
科比坐在替补席
There’s Kobe on the bench,
心里痒 很想上场
itching, itching to get in.
以前我常做的一件事就是
One of the things I always used to do
开车逛加州州立大学洛杉矶分校
is get in my car and drive around the campus of UCLA.
看着那些年轻人相聚在社团楼里
I’d see kids hanging out at fraternity houses
就是四处走走逛逛
and just walking around.
我只是想体会一下那种气氛
I just wanted to feel that.
你知道…
You know?
我就是想去感受一下
Just wanted to feel that.
然后 我甚至想过 我是不是选错了
And then I’d even wonder,
操 我是不是选错了路
“Fuck, did I make the wrong choice, man?
我是不是搞砸了
“Did I fuck up?
我当初也可以上大学
“I could be going to college and laughing and hanging out
和这些年轻人一起欢笑打闹
“with these kids, man,
可以享受美好时光
“and having a good time and enjoying it.
但是我却在这里
“But, no, here I am.”
这是西部半决赛
It’s game five in the best of seven,
七局四胜制中的第五场
Western Conference Semi-final.
犹他爵士在系列赛中3比1领先
The Utah Jazz leading this series three games to one.
湖人队不能再输了
Lakers do not have a time-out.
必须赢下剩下的三场
Eleven-point, three to play in regulation.
你们可以感受这对抗的气氛
You see the storm…
系列赛开始前 我们会拿到一本资料
Before each series, we got a binder,
上面有全部比赛和球员的数据
and it had all the plays and the players and their statistics,
我还真去研究了那个
and I mean, I really studied it.
我真的认真看了
Like, I really studied it.
我并不知道大多数球员
And I didn’t know most of the players
拿了资料之后
took the books and, you know,
就把它们扔在房♥间里或者随便哪里
just kind of left them in their rooms or whatever.
但我是真的下功夫去研究
But I really studied them.
我知道战术 我记下了命中率
Like, I knew the sets, I knew the percentages.
我都知道的
I knew, you know, and
我只是尽可能的在准备好
I just tried to be as prepared as possible
因为
because this was, like…
我不想搞砸了
I didn’t wanna mess up.
这是洛杉矶湖人的比赛
This has been a game for Los Angeles.
显然他们必须赢下来
that, obviously, they need to win.
输了这场 他们就要在季后赛中被淘汰
A loss and they’re eliminated from the playoffs,
让我们拭目以待
and here we go.
科比・布莱恩特持球
Kobe Bryant will take it.
科比对上拉塞尔
Bryant right by Russell,
还有五秒钟
five seconds left.
四秒,科比运球
Four, Bryant drives…
投了
shot on the way.
球没进 比赛进入加时
No good. We go to overtime.
我得说 一个18岁小伙子
I’ve gotta say this, for an 18-year-old
在存亡关头出手
to take this shot when it’s on the line,
值得赞扬
let’s give him some credit for that.
费舍尔传给空档的科比
Fisher wide open to Kobe Bryant.
让我们看看他有多强大吧
Let’s see how strong he is because
因为那个失误影响了科比和
that hurts confidence, both in Kobe
给他传球的队友之间的信任
and his teammates running the ball.
他已经连续投了两个三不沾了
He has shot two air balls in a row.
他必须振作起来 不受影响继续比赛
He’s got to come up and play like it’s nothing.
你错过了一个得分的机会 这就是事实
You just missed a shot, that’s all that happened.
范 艾克赛尔直接把球给了科比
Van Exel straight away to Bryant.
科比三分
Bryant for three…
又一个三不沾
it’s short. Air ball.
他投了3个三不沾
Three times he shot air balls.
不论遇到什么
I’m just gonna keep on going,
我都不会放弃
no matter what.
你可能失败了10次 那么第11次
You can fail ten times, and that eleventh time
就是你胜利之时
is when you’re great.
如果11次还不行 那么第12次
You fail eleven times and the twelfth time
就会成功的
is gonna be great.
最终总会成功的
But eventually, it’s gonna happen.
还有15秒 争取平局的机会
Fifteen seconds to go, a chance to tie.
范艾克赛尔跟着
Van Exel with it.
科比出手 争取平局

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!