John Battle.
多数人不认识 但我认识
Most people probably don’t know who John Battle is,
因为看他抢下篮板 一条龙用左手从后半场运球到前半场
but I do because from watching him get a rebound,go coast-to-coast with his left hand,
他可是右撇子
even though he was right-handed,
哇 我也必须做到
“Whoa, I need to do that.”
巴♥特♥尔♥从左到右罚球线起跳 跳投得分
Battle left to right…
他满场跑很难防守
Perpetual motion, he is difficult to stay with.
往左移往右移找到空档投篮
Moves left, moves right,gets himself open for the shot.
我想要像电视上的球员那样
I want to do what those guys do on TV.
那像是天方夜潭一样
It was this, like, mythical thing.
三分球 防守 巴♥特♥尔♥闪过了
Three-point…Oh, Battle gets it away!
进了 他们放任他得分
He made it! He made it!He made it!
这场比赛成了历史
…and this game was history.
约翰•巴♥特♥尔♥
John Battle…
手术后8周
快也要6至9个月
Six to nine months is the very earliest,
很可能要花上一年
and in all probability, it’s a year,
关键问题是
and the real question,
你想到的是
which you hit on is:
他还会和以前一样吗?
will he ever be the same?
许多顶尖球员
And many of our best basketball players,
例如托马斯 奥尼尔 巴克利都是受此伤病后退役了
Isaiah Thomas, Shaq, Barkley,all retired after this injury.
温尼伍德
对我来说 篮球一直是我的热情
The game for me has always been about passion
直到大概
until probably about the age of…
13岁那年
age of thirteen.
本来完全是一种热爱
So, it was all about, kind of, love.
去打球很好玩
It was fun, you know.
就是很好玩的时光
I went out and played and just had a good time.
但是一旦我们回美国定居
Once we moved back to America for good,
13岁那年
when I was thirteen years old,
我大概11月搬家入学
I kind of moved in about November or so
巴拉新威特中学
in the school year, Bala Cynwyd middle school,
一切都不同了
and it was different.
我不懂那些俚语
I mean, I didn’t understand the slang.
我是个意大利男孩 我不懂那里的时尚
I was a little Italian boy.I didn’t understand the fashion.
而且我不会拼写
And I couldn’t spell.
老师跟我妈说 我可能有诵读障碍症
So, the teacher told my mother that I was probably dyslexic.
好比有人把我丢到桶子里
It was like somebody took me and dropped me in a bucket, in a tub
丢进一桶冰水里
of ice-cold water
因为吓死我了
’cause it shocked the shit out of me.
我谁都不认识
I didn’t know anybody.
很尴尬 瘦瘦的 不太讲话
Very awkward, skinny-looking,barely spoke.
独自一人坐在食堂里 没有任何朋友
Sitting at a lunch table all by myself,no friends.
我很不高兴搬到这里
And I was upset that I had moved.
我心中充满很多怨气和愤怒
And I had all this, you know,resentment and anger inside of me
还没释放出来
that I hadn’t really let out.
我从来没想过
It was never viewed as,
要抑制这股情绪
“I’m going to control this thing.”
更像是 呃… 我只是想 晚点再去发泄
It was more like, “You know what?”I’m just gonna “delay the eruption.
我会先把情绪收起来
“I’m just gonna push it to the side.
然后把它化作动力
“and then use it to my benefit
利用这股情绪 帮我做我热爱的事情
“for what it is that I love doing,
也就是上场打球
“which is playing the game.”
当我掌握了这个 球场上的一切都变了
And once I discovered that,everything about the game changed…
因为我知道 我可以通过比赛
because now I understood that I could really lose myself
达到忘我
through the game.
无论什么影响了我
And no matter what affected me,
无论生活中发生了什么
no matter what happened in life,
我总能踏上球场
I could always step on the basketball court
让我的球技说话
and let my game speak to that.
踏上球场 彻底地爆发
You know, step on that court and just absolutely erupt.
33号♥科比布莱恩特
…Kobe Bryant.
那股带着愤怒打球的经验 是前所未有的
And that feeling of playing with that rage was new to me.
但是我爱死它了
But I fucking loved it.
做人 我们必须做抉择
There’s a choice that we have to make as people,
你个人如果想在某方面卓越 你就必须做抉择
as individuals.If you wanna be great at something, there’s a choice that you have to make.
我们都可能成为各自领域里的大♥师♥
We all can be masters at our craft.
但是你必须做决择
But you have to make a choice.
我的意思是
What I mean by that is,
你得愿意做牺牲
there are inherent sacrifices that come along with that,
家庭时间
family time,
和朋友出去玩
hanging out with your friends,
做一个好朋友 对吧?
being a great friend, right?
当个好……
Being a great, um, um, um…
好儿子 好侄子 无论情况是什么
son, nephew, whatever the case may be.
那个决定附带着牺牲 是有代价的
There’s sacrifices that come along with making it.
结束了
Counting it down.
不幸的是,对于大教堂预备队的球员来说,比赛结束了。
It is over, unfortunately, for the Cathedral Prep players.
科比率领高中球队夺冠
Lower Merion prevails and wins the state championship
48比43获胜
by the final score of 48 to 43.
大家为领军人物喝彩
The celebration is on for the Aces.
看媒体追着科比・布莱恩特
Look at the media chasing Kobe Bryant.
这比赛很可能是
They want a shot of him because this game just may be
这年轻人进NBA前的最后一场比赛
this young man’s last game before heading to the NBA.
在你心里 你觉得你够厉害吗
In your heart of hearts,
有自信是好事
Uh,it’s good to have self-confidence.
我想要学习如何成为 世界上最厉害的篮球运动员
I wanna learn how to become the best basketball player in the world.
如果我立志如此
And if I’m gonna learn that,
我就必须去最好的地方学习
I gotta learn from the best.
年轻人上学 为了当医生律师等等
Kids go to school to be doctors or lawyers
诸如此类的
and so forth and so on.
所以他们上大学
That’s where they study.
大学是他们最好的学习去处
That’s the place for them to study,
我学习篮球 最好的地方就是NBA
My place to study is from the best.
1996年4月29日
我 科比·布莱恩特
I, Kobe Bryant, have decided
决定不念大学
to skip college
把我的天赋带进NBA
and take my talent to the NBA.
我知道 什么都阻止不了我
I knew that I was not going to be stopped.
因为 对18岁的我而言
So at the age of eighteen,
篮球就是我的生命
this was my life.
所以 你不可能比我厉害
Right? So, you can’t possibly become better than me
因为 你花在打球这件事上的时间 比不过我
because you’re not spending the time on it that I do.
即使你想花时间 你也做不到
Even if you wanna spend the time on it,
因为你还有其他牵绊
you can’t because you have other things.
你有其他的责任 让你做不到
You have other responsibilities that are taking you away from it.
所以 我已经嬴了
So, I already won.
手术后17周
上午 5点45分
恢复很艰难吧?
Been a long road?
是的
Yep.
肯定是的
I bet.
我喜欢你那种说法
I love the comment that you made
你说你开始感觉
that you’re starting to feel almost
像回到了刚出道的那年
like you did in the very first year,
要重新学习那些东西
some of that education.
当然
Of course.
这次肯定是你
It’s gotta be
最艰难的一次
one of the hardest times
你以前都扛过来了
you’ve ever worked out.
这次一定也可以
I bet.
我对你充满敬意
Well, I have a ton of respect for you.
希望看到你早日回归
Hope to see you back out there.
谢谢
Thank you.
很快 我知道我可以
Soon. I know I will.
杰瑞?让杰瑞来找我们
Jerry? Have Jerry come up for us.
18岁
抱歉
Excuse me.
让这个才华横溢的小子站中间
We’ll put the rich guy in the middle.
在意大利长大的我
Growing up in Italy,
是个疯狂的湖人迷
I was such a big Laker fan.
称得上骨灰级球迷
Like, a massive Laker fan.
我了解湖人的一切

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!