Hey. I’ll take an extra bowl.
没问题
Sure.
你看起来像是要晕过去了
You look like you’re gonna pass out.
你今天吃过东西吗
Have you eaten anything today?
吃点
Eat.
这就是个噩梦
This is a nightmare.
所以为什么
So why?
-为什么 -为什么
– Why? – Why?
这可是全部财产
Hey. This is everything.
肯定有个更重要的原因 你知道那个原因
There’s gotta be a bigger reason why, and you know it.
作出这个决定主要是因为你们
Well, how about it had to do more
而非因为我 这个理由如何
with you guys than with me?
对
Yeah.
对 这是唯一合理的解释
Yeah, it’s the only thing that makes sense.
他跟你说过什么吗
Did he tell you anything?
只说了我一分钱都分不到
Only that I wasn’t getting a cent.
那是因为他希望
That’s because he wanted you
你能像你妈妈一样白手起家
to build something from the ground up
-白手起家 -“白手起家”
– like your mom. – “To build something from the ground up.”
对 我妈妈是白手起家创业的
Yeah, my mother built her business from the ground up
用的是我外公给的一百万美金借款
with a million-dollar loan from my grandfather.
我父亲没有任何股份 她让他签了婚前协议
My father owns none of it. She made him sign a prenup.
他生活在恐慌中
He lives in fear.
我知道我外公希望通过这样做
And I know that’s what my grandfather was trying
来防止我变成我爸那样
to protect me from by doing this
我也知道我不该说这话
and I know I shouldn’t say this out loud,
但他告诉我的时候 我…
but when he told me, I…
老天
Jesus.
我差点杀了他
I could have killed him.
离开派对后 我开着车
After I left the party though, I was driving.
漫无目的 在夜色深处 我的思绪突然
Nowhere, just in the night, and I had this, um…
无比清明
Clarity.
我意识到从那一刻起
Like, from here on out,
我得自己照顾自己了
I was gonna have to fend for myself.
而那感觉…
And that felt…
很好
Good.
那个老混♥蛋♥
The old bastard.
玛塔 我知道三件事
Marta, I know three things.
第一
One…
我知道他不是自杀
I know he didn’t commit suicide.
-你为什么这么想 -这不是我想的
– What makes you think that? – I don’t think it.
我就是知道
I know it.
因为我了解我爷爷
Because I knew my granddad.
或许只有你和我才了解他
Maybe you and I were the only two who knew him,
所以你不能在这件事上糊弄我 因为第二
so you’re not gonna bullshit me on this because, two…
我知道你撒谎时会吐
I know lying makes you puke.
去年独♥立♥日玩杀人游戏时知道的
‘Cause of that mafia game last Fourth of July.
第三
And three…
我知道你刚吃下了
I know you just ate
一整盘的烤豆子和香肠
a full plate of baked beans and sausage.
所以
So…
看着我的眼睛
Look me in the eye
告诉我爷爷究竟是怎么回事
and tell me what happened to my grandfather.
-你这个混♥蛋♥ -玛塔
– You asshole. – Marta,
都告诉我
tell me everything.
艾伦 一定还有别的办法
Alan, there have got to be options here.
没有
No.
我不知道我还能重复多少遍
I don’t know how many times
同样的两条信息
I can repeat the same two pieces of information.
如果哈兰改变遗嘱时神志清醒
If Harlan was of sound mind when he made the changes,
我们都确认了他是的…
and we all confirmed that he was…
神志清醒会这么做
Would a sound mind do this?
怎么会 怎么可能清醒
How… Sound, how?
这种行为正证明了他并不清醒
The very action speaks to unsoundness.
法律上来讲不是 不是的
Not legally. No.
你们不喜欢他所做的
You not liking what he did
并不能证明他没有遗嘱能力
does not speak to testamentary capacity.
那不当影响呢
What about undue influence?
对 不当影响 怎么讲
Yeah! Undue influence, how about that?
你是刚在网上搜到的吗
Did you just google that?
听着 如果玛塔设法操控了爸爸
Look, if Marta was manipulating Dad somehow
-如果我们发现 -如果她想办法
– and if we found out… – If somehow, she had gotten…
-她想办法… -她控制了他…
– that somehow she was… – her hooks into him…
你们需要有确切的证据
You need a strong case for that.
“法官大人 她通过努力工作与幽默
“Your Honor, she endeared herself to him
得到了他的喜爱”
“through hard work and good humor.”
那没有任何用处
That won’t cut the salami.
那凶手规则呢
What about the slayer rule?
是我刚在网上搜到的
I did just google that.
凶手规则显然不适用于此案
The slayer rule obviously doesn’t apply here.
凶手规则是什么东西
Well, what the hell is the slayer rule?
就是说如果继承人被判决为
Well, it’s if someone is convicted
杀害被继承人的凶手
of killing the person,
那就不能继承其遗产
they don’t get their inheritance.
无需法♥院♥判决
Not even convicted.
哪怕继承人在民事法庭上被认定为
Even if they’re held responsible
对被继承人的死负有责任都不行
for their death in civil court.
像O·J·辛普森那样
Like O.J.?
对 像O·J·辛普森那样
Yes, like O.J.
但哈兰是自杀的
But Harlan committed suicide.
布莱克侦探
Detective Blanc?
你说调查还在进行
You said the investigation is ongoing.
你特别声明过
You made a point of that.
你怀疑是他杀吗
Do you suspect foul play?
麻烦叫我布兰克先生
Mr. Blanc, if you please…
还有很多都不明确
There is much that remains unclear,
但是的
but yes,
我怀疑是他杀
I suspect foul play.
玛塔
Marta?
我还没有排除任何一个人的嫌疑
I have eliminated no suspects.
你真是满嘴放炮
You’re full of shit.
我不信任这个穿粗花呢西装的家伙
I don’t trust this guy in the tweed suit.
艾伦 上帝保佑你 你真是没用
And, Alan, God bless you, you’re useless.
谢谢
Thank you.
这件事只有一个办法
There’s only one answer to this.
她得宣布放弃继承
She has to renounce the inheritance.
她知道应该这么做
She knows it’s what she should do.
-她就应该这么… -这才是正确的做法
– That’s exactly what she… – It’s the right thing to do.
-对吧 -没门…
– Right? – No way…
这才符合道德
It’s the moral thing.
-妈妈 -她会这么做的
– Mom. – She’ll do it.
如果爷爷想把一切给玛塔
If Granddad wanted to give Marta everything,
那就是他的意愿
then that’s what he wanted.
不是
No.
他不是这样的 他爱我们
This wasn’t him. He loved us.
他想要我们被照顾好
He wanted us taken care of.
他想让你接受高等教育
He wanted you to have an education.
梅格
Meg,
你觉得我能付得起你的学费吗
you think I can pay for your school?
我知道
I know.
我自己说出来都觉得离谱
Just saying it, it sounds insane,
但这都是真的
but it’s all true.
我觉得布兰克从一开始就盯上了我
And I think Blanc’s been on to me from the start.
我不在乎自己会不会进监狱 但我妈妈
I don’t care if I go to jail, but my mom,
我妹妹
my sister?
我们…
We…
你要说点什么吗
You gonna say something?
我一直以为只有我
I always thought I was the only one
能在围棋上赢过他
that could beat him at Go.
我总认为那意义非凡
Always thought that meant something.
是 我知道你是的