你知道我印象最深刻的是什么吗?
You know what impressed me tonight?
什么啊?
Mmm?
是他跟人们说话的方式
The way that you talk to people. You can get just about anybody to open up.
呃,这大概是…
Oh, well, it’s just a matter of, uh…
很快就能让人敞开心扉
putting yourself on their level.
不仅如此
No, it’s more than that.
你还会有同样的感受
You really seem to care.
你在整理记录吗? – 怎么样?
this rating scale of yours? – Mm-Hmm?
哦, 零到六--
Uh, zero to six–
没有一个是完全异性恋的…
Zero being exclusively heterosexual…
六个是完全同性恋
and, uh, six being exclusively homosexual.
很多人介于两者之间
A great many people line up somewhere in the middle.
你凭什么觉得这样没错 – 常识
What makes you think that’s true? – Common sense.
记得我们以前关于…
Remember, about a third of our heterosexual histories…
同性恋和异性恋比例的基本调查吗?
have homosexual acts, and vice versa.
记得
Right.
我想我算是第三种类型了
I guess I’m about a three, huh?
根据你的性经历…
Based on your sexual history…
我说得没错
I’d say that’s, um, right.
你呢?
How about you?
我应该说生活中…
I suppose I’ve been a one or two…
我不是一就是二…
most of my life…
即使需要花很长时间…
even though it’s taken a long time…
去认识这一点
to recognize it.
现在呢?
And now?
也许…
Probably…
是第三种
th-three.
你没有采取任何措施吗?
Have you ever done anything about it?
你想要吗?
Would you like to?
我隐藏了许多其他人的秘密
I’ve taken on so many other people’s secrets.
我不想隐藏自己的…
I don’t want any of my own…
特别是对你
and certainly not with you.
你仍然什么都没说
You still haven’t said anything.
其实也不算..
It’s not like I’m…
很惊讶
surprised exactly.
这几年我观察到了…
I’ve observed…
一些迹象
certain things over the years.
例如?
Such as?
表情,或手势
A look or a gesture.
那学生突然成为我们家庭的一员…
The pet student who suddenly becomes a member of the family…
又突然离去
and then just as suddenly disappears when you tire ofhim.
我觉得你应该比我更了解我自己
I think you must know me better than I know myself.
我不确定…
But I’m not sure…
我理解你
I understand.
但我一直对你想要的东西保持开放的心
Haven’t I always been open to whatever you wanted?
不是你的错 你是男人能拥有的最好的女人了
It’s not you, Mac. You’re the best partner any man could have.
但是还不够,对吧
I’m just not enough. Is that it?
马克
Please, Mac.
我的内心我还不完全清楚
This is inside of me. To what extent, I don’t know.
但是如果我不懂装懂
But I’d be a hypocrite if I pretended it wasn’t there.
当我知道你的历史的时候… – 不要!不要!
When I took your history… – Don’t! Don’t!
你是否承认对其他男人有过性冲动? – 不要用这个来驳斥我
didn’t you admit to having sexual feelings for other men? – Don’t use that against me!
对不起,什么使你忠于感觉的?是传统
I’m sorry. But what keeps you from acting on your feelings? Convention.
不,完全是婚姻 是我们的孩子们
No! It’s our marriage! It’s our children!
没错,社会限制
Exactly. Social restraints.
可不可以不要这样想,我们竟然遵守社会限制…
Did you ever stop to think that perhaps those restraints are there…
以避免人们继续互相伤害
to keep people from hurting each other?
我不和其他男人睡觉,因为我爱你…
I don’t sleep with other men because I love you…
我不想伤害你
and I don’t want to hurt you.
你不伤害我又怎样?
But what if it didn’t hurt me?
我也会受伤
Then I’d be hurt.
你只是害怕我不再爱你了,但那是不可能的
You’re just afraid that I won’t love you anymore, which is impossible, Mac.
人和动物可以有个各种各样的性行为
The human animal is capable of all kinds of sexual expression.
不是所有的性都会被爱制裁
Not all sex has to be sanctioned by love, enriched by emotion.
闭嘴-- – 停
To the Greeks– – Stop!
不要说教了,泊克
Stop lecturing, Prok.
不要用科学来为你的所作所为辩护
Stop using science to justify what you’ve done.
马克
Oh, Mac.
马克
Mac.
听我说
Listen to me.
你是我的女人 永远都会是
You’re my girl. You always will be.
我们的结合,共同分享的生活--
The bond we have, the life we share–
与之相比,性根本不值一提
sex is nothing compared to that.
我不能再跟你谈这个了
I can’t talk about this anymore.
很多人认为他们的性行为…
Most people think that what they do sexually…
也是其他人所做…
is what everyone does…
或该做的
or should do.
但是,我必须宣称所有的所谓性变♥态♥行为…
But I might remark that nearly all the so-called sexual perversions…
都在正常的生物学行为范围内
fall within the range ofbiologic normality.
比如说,手♥淫♥…
For example, masturbation…
口♥交♥以及同性恋行为…
mouth-genital contacts and homosexual acts…
在很多动物间都是正常的…
are common among most mammals…
包括人类
including humans.
社会可能会从道德层面谴责此类行为
Society might condemn such practices on moral grounds.
但是,从生物学角度这是很自然的
However, it’s ludicrous to call them unnatural.
但是根据调查到的…
But based on the first Book of Genesis…
公众意见…
and according to public opinion…
有一条等式--
there’s only one correct sexual equation–
男人加女人等于孩子
man plus woman equals baby.
任何其他东西都是次要的
Everything else is vice.
但是对男性性高♥潮♥的记录证明了…
But the orgasm record of the males in this classroom alone…
社会规范限制♥作♥用的无效性…
proves the ineffectiveness of social restrictions…
以及人类在性知识上的无知
and the imperativeness of the biologic demand.
为什么有些母牛经常性♥交♥…
Why are some cows highly sexed…
有些却只能站在那里?
while others just stand there?
为什么有些男人需要一周三十次高♥潮♥…
Why do some men need 30 orgasms a week…
有些人几乎不需要?
and others almost none?
因为每个人都是不同的
Because everyone is different.
问题是,很多人想要跟人一样
The problem is, most people want to be the same.
他们发现…
They find it easier to simply ignore…
忽略这一人类基本规律似乎来得更容易
this fundamental aspect of the human condition.
他们如此渴望成为群众的一员…
They’re so eager to be part of the group…
他们会出♥卖♥♥♥同类以达到目的
that they’ll betray their own nature to get there.
如果某种乐趣或渴望达到的东西被禁止…
If something pleasurable and strongly desired is prohibited…
就变成了一种迷恋
it becomes an obsession.
想想这一点
Think about this.
你应该去…
You have better things to do…
帮助一中年妇女搬杂物
than help a middle-aged woman home with her groceries.
当泊克追不到你的时候,他开始担忧了
Prok got worried when he couldn’t reach you.
说他每晚应该讲点历史…
Said he had to take histories later this evening…
所以他想早点吃晚饭
so he’d like an early dinner.
什么时候? – 大约五点多
Hmph. – Preferably 5:00.
几乎没有时间煮蛋了
Hardly gives me time to boil an egg.
要帮忙吗? – 不用了,我可以
Can I help? – No. I’ll manage.
不好意思,还要麻烦你送来
I just– I’m sorry he made you play messenger.
不用客气,是我自愿的
No. I volunteered.

Mmm.
听到没有?
Hear that?
什么? – 鸟筑巢的声音
What? – the sound of an empty nest.
是否要做些调整 你有布如斯的消息吗?
Must be a big adjustment. Have you heard from Bruce yet?
没有,他住在学校
No. He’s loving college.
也许只是暂时的
Maybe it’s just being away from here.
哦 – 你要来块馅饼吗?
Oh. – Would you like a piece of pie?
大黄馅饼? – 来一个吧
Rhubarb? – have a seat.
你知道吗,我一开始并不怎么喜欢你
You know, Clyde, I didn’t like you very much at first.
我不怪你
I don’t blame you.
很多女人都这样 – 喔,我知道
Most women Would have had me murdered. – Oh, I considered it.
我不喜欢把自己看得那么保守
I hate to think of myself as conventional.
但是,该发生的总要发生
But if this had to happen…
我想你就是这样个人
I’m glad it was you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!