Uh-uh. No. No, no, no.
你们把希望都放在我身上
Don’t do that. – Mm-mm.You were counting on me.
好的,你听我说
Okay, okay, you listen to me.
看着我
Look here.
你在刚才整整两小时内 对全球排名第一的选手
You just went toe-to-toe, for two hours…
步步紧逼,咬死不放
With the number one player in the whole world.
把她吓得半死
Had her shook.
逼得她手忙脚乱 -对,没错
Had her knees shaking. – Yes. Yes.
而且你全程保持风度
And you did it with grace.
若这样你都不能对自己肃然起敬
If you don’t have no respect for yourself right now,
那你永远都无法尊敬自己
you will never have none.
永远不会
Never.
你是个冠军,维纳斯·威廉姆斯
You are a champion, Venus Williams.
全世界都知道这点
And the whole world know it.
你要抬头挺胸地走出去
You gonna walk out there with your head up.
我这辈子从未如此以一个人为荣
I have never been more proud of a person in my whole life.
来吧,姐♥妹♥们♥都在外面等你,外面很冷
Come on, your sisters outside waiting for you. It’s cold.
爸爸,我来拿自己的袋子
Daddy, I’ll take my bag.
没关系,我帮你拿 -我自己可以
No, I’ll carry it, junior. – I got it.
嗨,冠军
Hey, champion.
她来了
There she go.
我们以你为荣
We’re proud of you.
你做到了,维维
You did it, v.
我们以你为荣,你表现得很棒
We’re proud of you. You did good.
你是世界排名第二的选手
出口在这,我让你们从这里出去
This is the exit. I can let you all out here.
谢谢,我们走吧
Thank you, sir. Y’all go ahead.
理查德
Richard.
维纳斯,维纳斯,维纳斯
Venus! Venus! Venus!
看来她们知道该支持谁
They look like they know.
去啊,别让她们久等了,去吧
Go on. Don’t keep ’em waiting. Go ahead. Go ahead.
那些是你的球迷,去吧
That’s your fans. Go ahead.
我们走,瑟琳娜 -好
Come on, Serena. 鈥攐kay!
接下来就轮到你了 -维纳斯…
You next! – Venus! Venus! Venus!
理查德,很不错吧?
Richard. Richard. How about that, huh?
Nike又打来了
Hey, Nike’s back on the line.
我是说,各大厂牌都找上门来
I mean, they’re coming out of the woodwork.
Puma、Fila、锐跑,他们都想洽谈 而且想抢在别家之前
Puma. Fila. Reebok. They all wanna meet. They all wanna meet first.
我要跟他们说,他们想得美
I’m gonna tell ’em they can kiss my backside.
不,我想我们该跟这些人谈谈
No, I think we’ll talk to the peoples. I think we gonna talk to them.
理查德,她做到了
Hey, Richard, she did it.
没错,她做到了
Oh, yeah, she did it.
维纳斯…
Venus! Venus! Venus!
维纳斯…
Venus! Venus! Venus! Venus!
(九个月后)
(维纳斯与锐跑签下 一千两百万美元合约)
(她当时年仅15岁)
(瑟琳娜在两年后追随维纳斯打入巡回赛)
(身为她俩的教练 理查德仍坚持相较于年少成名)
(耐性、家庭,和教育更为重要)
(他在贫民区时为女儿订下的计划)
(几乎全数成真)
(维纳斯现年41岁 曾五度在温布顿封后)
(她是首位在开放年代排名世界第一的)
(非裔美国女性)
(瑟琳娜现年40岁 曾23度赢得大满贯)
(许多人认为她是网坛有史以来)
(最伟大的选手)
(正如理查德所预测的那般)
在女儿们出生前 我们就为她们设定好未来目标
We had the kids’ future planned before they were born,
早在我带维纳斯和瑟琳娜 去网球场的第一天
and the first day that I took Venus and Serena to the tennis court,
就知道她俩注定是冠军
I knew I had champions.
有时我感觉,那就是命运
Sometimes I feel like it was just… Destiny.
是她俩命中注定的
For the both of them.
若你是网球选手,你会希望自己像谁?
If you were a tennis player, who would you want to be like?
我希望别人能像我 -对
I’d like other people to be like me.
若她能完全发挥实力,表现会非常棒
If she plays the way that she’s capable of, this kid’s gonna be great.
维纳斯与瑟琳娜·威廉姆斯缔造了网坛历史
Venus and Serena Williams have made tennis history.
(欢迎来到威廉姆斯私人秀!)
她们是首对以姐妹及非裔美国人的身分
They’re the first sisters and the firstafrican-Americans
登上世界前二排名的选手
ever to claim the top two spots in the world rankings.
球迷很期待姐妹赛场厮杀的戏码出现
People are so captivated by the story of sisters having to play each other.
这就是我们一直以来的梦想
This is how we’ve always dreamed it would be.
年轻的非裔美国孩童 在这对姐妹身上看到了自己
Young African-American kids… They’re seeing a reflection of themselves.
不管她俩谁赢,都是我们的胜利
No matter which one win, we still win.
请举手,瑟琳娜、维纳斯
Raise your hand, Serena. Venus.
我爸一直认为我应该要尽力回馈社区
My dad, he always thought it was important for me
(维纳斯·威廉姆斯网球学院)
to give back to the community.
(向所有康普顿乡亲问好!)
名列第一很棒 但为未来世代奋战则更有意义
Being number one is great,but fighting for the generation to come is even better.
我永远不会忘记我爸的话
I’ll never forget my dad said,
“这是我们终其一生努力的目标
“this is the moment we’ve been working for all our lives.
保持专注,不要害怕”
Stay focused and don’t be afraid.”
保持开放式站位,对,就是那样
Open the stance. That’s… there you go.
大家会记得维纳斯与瑟琳娜,并说
They will remember Venus and Serena. They will say,
“若她们能办到,我也能”
“boy, they did it. I can do it.”
我们会获胜,并与世上所有人分享胜利
We’ll win. And we’ll share our victory with every person in the world.
国王理查德

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!