我什么时候没相信你?
When did I not believe?
我要你告诉我,我什么时候没相信你?
Huh? I want you to tell me, when did I not believe?
你不是我们家唯一爱做梦的人
You not the only dreamer in this family.
若不是因为我,这些梦想也无法成真
Wouldn’t be no dream if it wasn’t for me.
我生育她们,养大她们
I carried them inside me and on my back.
我还扶持了你
And I carried you, too.
日夜加班,好喂饱大家的肚子
Working two shifts so I could put food on your table.
那个开放式站位,也是我给你的点子
That open stance, you got that from me.
是你想出来的?随便你说
Oh, you did that? Oh, okay.
我还改正了瑟琳娜的发球姿势 那也是你搞砸的
And I fixed Serena’s serve because you messed that up.
你说什么? -没错
鈥擸ou did what? – Yes.
我改正了她的抛球姿势,因为你搞砸了
I fixed that toss because you messed it up.
我跟你一样,一直在这里梦想并深信
Mm-hm. – I’m here. I’ve been here,dreaming and believing, just like you.
你只是不想正视我的付出
Mm-hm. – You just don’t wanna see me.
所以,你想要怎样?
So… uh, what you want?
你想如何?你想要我感谢你吗?
What you want? You want a thank-you? That’s all right, Richard.
没关系,理查德
That’s all right. I don’t need your thank-you.
没关系,我不需要你的表扬
我不像你,不需要这世界告诉我我很棒
Unlike you, I don’t need the world to tell me I’m great.
看到自己做了什么吗? 看看你刚刚做了什么?
See how you do? You see what you just did?
你在事情没解决完前转身就走
How you walk away when something’s not finished.
拜托,够了 -你看到了没有?
Come on. Come on. – Did you just see that?
看到吗?你就是这样处理你所有的生意
You see that? That’s what you do with all your businesses.
水泥公♥司♥的生意、清洁公♥司♥的生意
Remember the cement company business…- Mm-hm. Mm-hm. – The cleaning company business.
还有你其他的私生子
All your other kids.
听起来你有很多不满需要发泄
You sound like you got something you need to get off your chest.
别让上帝阻止你说出你想说的话
Don’t let god stop you. Say what you need to say.
我已经说了
Oh, I said it.
你儿子开着红色卡车跑来敲门
Your son showing up in that red Nissan truck, knocking on my door.
你只说了一句 “那是我儿子,他找到我了”
And all you had to say was, “oh, look, it’s my son. He found me.”
然后你所有其他孩子也一一冒出来
And then all your other kids showing up after that.

Okay.
换成别的女人早就离开了
See, another woman would have left.
我留下来是因为我从不半途而废 你才是那个撒手就走的人
But I stay because I don’t quit. – You…You’re the one who leaves.
那你走啊
Well, go ahead then. Go ahead. Don’t…
我会留在这里把该办的事情办完
I’m gonna stay right here until the job is done.
千万别为了我留下来
Don’t stay here doing me no favors.
理查德,你以为我留在这里是为了你吗?
Richard, you think I’m staying here because of you?
我留在这里是为了我的女儿
I stay here because of my girls.
我留在这也不是因为 要服侍理查德·威廉姆斯,而是天主
I stay here because I answer to something higher than Richard Williams.
你最好因而感到庆幸 若我是为了你而待在这里
And you better be glad, because if I was staying here for you…
那我很早以前就会离开了
I would have been gone a long time ago.
看看这房♥子 -我是在看啊
Look at this house. – I’m looking.
看看你生活的环境 -我有在看!
Look where you live. – I’m looking! I’m looking!
若不是因为我,你能住哪?你又会在哪?
Where would you live if it wasn’t for me? Where would you be?
带着三个没有爸爸的孩子 困在某个小公♥寓♥
Stuck in some apartment with three kids and no daddy.
那会是你的境遇
That’s where you would be.
听听你说的话,多么的自大和自吹自擂
Listen to you. That’s your ego and your bragging.
你不过是害怕
You’re just scared.
你只是害怕
You’re just scared.
害怕自己会失败
Scared you will fail.
害怕这个世界会看着你,并认为
Scared that the world will look at you and see…
你不过是另一个蠢家伙
Another dumb nigga.
而且你知道吗?你觉得他们可能是对的
And you know what? You think they might be right.
我从来没有那样想过你
I have never, never thought that about you.
你已尽了你的责任
You’ve done your job.
不管你愿不愿意承认,我也尽了我的责任
And whether you wanna see it or not, I’ve done mine.
但这是维纳斯的人生 你必须让她自己做决定
But this is Venus’s life. You gotta let her decide.
你若不能信任她会做出最好选择 总有一天她会逃离你身边
Because if you don’t trust her to do that, she’s gonna be the one leaving you.
所以你想参赛?
So you wanna play?
我不懂你为何不让我去
I don’t know why you won’t let me.
除非你认为我还没准备好?
Unless you think I’m not ready.
我小时候,在士里波特长大
When I was a little boy, I grew up in shreveport.
有天我爸爸带我去城里
One day my father took me to town.
他给我钱,叫我帮他拿给一个白人
He give me this money to pay this white man for something.
在那个时代,黑人是不准触碰白人的
Back in them days, black folks weren’t allowed to touch white peoples.
我把钱拿给那个人时,不小心碰到他的手
So I went to give the man this money, and I accidentally touched his hand.
他开始痛殴我
And he start beating on me.
他把我打倒在地,他的朋友围过来
He knocked me down, his friends come over,
他们都开始踩踏我、殴打我
they all start stomping on me and beating on me.
我抬头,看到我爸爸躲在人群中
And I look up and I see my father in the crowd…
然后他转身逃了
And he took off running.
把我留在那里被一群成年人殴打
Left me there with these grown men beating on me.
我虽然称不上是模范父亲
Now, I haven’t been no great daddy…
但我所做的一切都是为了保护你
But I’ve never done nothing but try to protect you.
你即将踏出的下一步
This next step you about to take…
对任何人来说都很艰难
It would be hard for anybody.
但对你而言,你所代表的不仅仅是你自己
But for you… You not gonna just be representing you,
更代表了世上所有的黑人女孩
you gonna be representing every little black girl on earth.
而你却是那个必须打破藩篱的人
And you gonna be the one gotta go through that gate.
我只是永远不希望当你抬头望时
And I just never wanted you to look up…
会看到你♥爸♥爸转身逃走
And see your daddy running away.
爸爸,你总是说 我会成为世界第一,对吧?
Daddy, you always said I’d be number one in the world, right?
让我们走出去,向大家证明
Let’s go out there and show all of those people
我能应付所有的挑战
that I can handle what’s coming.
而我绝不会让你失望
And I’m not gonna let you down.
你永远无法让我失望,小鬼头
How could you, junior?
过来
Come here.
欢迎来到加州奥克兰的美西银行经典赛
Welcome to Oakland, California for the bank of the west classic,
明天全球排名第一及本届美国公开赛冠军
where tomorrow, world number one and reigning us open champion,
阿兰查·桑琪士·维卡里奥 将会面对一连串强劲的挑战者
arantxa s茅nchez vicario, will face a tough draw of challengers,
大家都希望能将四十万美元奖金带回家
all hoping to take home the 400,000 dollar purse.
其中一位,是14岁的维纳斯·威廉姆斯
Among them, 14-year-old Venus Williams,
这将是她有史以来首场职业赛
who takes the court in her first-e ver professional match.
事实上,这也是她三年多来
In fact, it will be the first match Williams has played at any level
所参与的头一场赛事
in more than three years,
自从她父亲做出备受争议的决定
since her father made the controversial decision
不再让她参加任何被视为
to pull her out of junior tournament tennis,
通往网坛超级球星地位 捷径的青少年锦标赛
which is the normal conduit to tennis superstardom.
许多人仍质疑这位年轻新秀
Many questions remain about how this talented youngster
在职业巡回赛的压力及 镁光灯下对战资深选手
will now fare under the pressure and spotlight of the professional tour,
尤其又在赛事中缺席已久后 将会表现如何
against veteran players, after so long away from competition.
这种忧虑就连她一向 狂放妄言的父亲都无法掩饰
A worry even her outspoken father cannot hide.
我们为这一天已辛苦努力了漫长的九年
We been working for this day for nine long, hard years.
我们心里总在想 “我们一定会成功踏入职业赛”
Uh, you be saying, “we gonna get there, we gonna get there.”
然后等我们像今天这样 真的到了这里,却发现
And, uh, finally you get there like today, and you find out, “wow…”
“妈啊,我们不属于这里
“We don’t belongs here.
我们属于别处,我们属于贫民窟”
We belong some place else. We belong back in the ghetto.”
是真天才,还是哗众取宠的行销高手? 明天答案即将揭晓
A genius? A huckster? Tomorrow we will finally see.
他的梦想究竟是不实广♥告♥,或他女儿真是
Is his dream only hype, or is his daughter, in fact,
网球界期待已久的超级新星?
what the tennis world has been waiting for?
有你的,理查德 去年只来了24家媒体采访
You did it, Richard.Last year there was 24 media credentials for this tournament.
今年来了200家,所以…
This year you got 200, so…
知道吗?是他来了 -好,他来了
You know what? That’s him. – Okay. That’s him.
应该叫维纳斯出来,对吧?
We should get Venus, right?
二位,生意上门了,打起精神 -快点,那个人来了
Guys, it’s go time. Look alive. – Come on. The man is here.
Nike的代表来了 -就是这一刻,你们要过去
The Nike man here, y’all. Close that. – This is it. Guys, you’re gonna go there.
对,去你们的位置坐好 -好,准备好了吗?
Yep. Get in your positions. – Okay, you ready?
嗨,派翠克,你好吗? -很好
Hey, Patrick, how you doing? – Very well.
太太和孩子好吗? -很好
How’s Terri and the kids? – They’re good.
儿子还打棒球吗? -对,还在打
Billy still playing baseball? – Yeah, he’s swingin’ away.
你好,派翠克,很高兴认识你 -理查德·威廉姆斯,这是欧若欣
Hello. Patrick. Nice to meet you. – Richard Williams. This is oracene.
这是我太太,布兰蒂
That’s my wife, that’s Brandy.
你知道这位是谁 -很荣幸见到你
You know who that is. – It’s an honor to meet you.
你的公事包就是为她而带的
That’s who you brought that briefcase for.
没错,对
That’s right. Yeah.
你们长途跋涉,明天又有重要赛事
Well, you had a long trip…- Mm-hm. – And a big day tomorrow,
我就不多占用你们的时间了
so I am not gonna take up too much of your time.
我希望你们能明显看出 本公♥司♥有多看重你们的女儿
Now, I hope it is clear how highly we regard your daughter.
我们想现在就抢先签下她
We’d like to take her off the table right now.
那是三百万美元的合约

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!