她们要去上学、去教会
They gonna go to school, they gonna go to the hall.
尽可能享受童年,那是我的期望
And pretty much, they gonna be kids. That’s what I want.
她们要享受童年? 但理查德,事情不是这样搞的
They’re gonna be… be kids? But…Richard, that’s… That is not how it works.
我做不到
I… I can’t do that.
这样我无法打磨她 她们一定得打青少年锦标赛
I can’t mold her like that. You need to play juniors.
在职业巡回赛中,没有任何一个选手
Look, there’s not a single player, not one, on the pro tour
没打过青少年赛事 没经历过青少年赛,就不可能成功
that didn’t play juniors. Without juniors, it’s impossible.
对你来说可不是这样,你是瑞克·梅西
Well, not for you. Not for you. You Rick macci.
所以我们才这么大老远开车过来
That’s why we drove all this way.
对瑞克·梅西来说,没有什么是不可能的
Nothing is impossible for Rick macci.
若你自认做不到,我们可以去找尼克谈谈
But if you think you can’t do it, we can go talk to Nick.
你应该在康普顿时就坦白告诉我
You know, you might have mentioned this in Compton.
我或许该如此,但若我说了
I probably could have, but then you wouldn’t have made
你就不会做出你这辈子最棒的决定了
the best decision you ever made in your life.
这棒极了,瑞克 她们也得用开放式站位击球
This is great, Rick.Oh, and I need ’em hitting open-stance strokes.
天啊 -这是最重要的一点
鈥擜h, god. – That’s the most important.
一定要用开放式站位击球
They got to hit them open-stance strokes.
这样就能像你说的那样 “砰”一声,记得吗?
We gonna make it go “boom” like you said. Remember? Make it go boom.
我是说“乓”一声,但也没所谓
Yeah, I… I said “bang,” but, yeah.
不管是乓还是砰,我们都会打得很精彩
You said, “bang,” “boom,” we gonna make some noise.
我去叫其他家人来,她们也需要看看
I got to get the family. They need to see this.
还要拿个汉堡,你要来点吗?
I’MMA grab a burger. You want something?
我不想吃汉堡
I don’t want a burger.
别害怕,瑞克,我写了详尽的计划
Don’t be scared, Rick. I wrote the plan.
老天,那个计划
Oh, god, the plan.
好了,维纳斯,你来发球
All right, Venus, serve it up.
很好,你们瞧瞧
Good! Hey, look at that.
砰,我喜欢,真不得了
Boom! I like it. How about that?
乓,加油,继续埋头苦战
Bang! Come on, get in there and dig!
漂亮,我喜欢,听我说
Kill it. I like it. Good. Good, good. Hey, listen.
最后那一球你打得不好,知道为什么吗?
That wasn’t a good shot at the end. Do you know why?
因为那棒极了 -因为那棒极了,没错
It was excellent.’Cause it was excellent. Good.
我以你为荣,干得好 我们走吧,比赛谁先跑回去喝水
I’m proud of ya. Excellent work. Let’s go. I’ll race you to the water.
自从你不再让女儿们参加青少年锦标赛
You’ve faced a lot of criticism in the last three years
过去三年中你饱受抨击
since you pulled your daughters out of junior tournament tennis.
你被批评为充满争议 蛮横霸道、爱自吹自擂的滋事分子
Mm-hm. – You’ve been called controversial,overbearing, a self-promoting distraction.
你怎么回应这些评语?
Mm-hm. – How do you respond to all that?
嘴长在别人身上,他们想说什么就说什么
Well, look, peoples gonna say what peoples gonna say.
当有人来找我,说我女儿如此优秀
You know, when somebody come to me, telling me my daughter so good,
应该要去比赛
and she, you know, she need to be playing matches,
我知道他们这样说,是因为有利可图
I know the only reason they see good is ’cause they see money.
而大多时候,这个钱会流入他们的钱包
And most of the time they see money that can be going into they pocket.
但你也说过许多很耸动的话
But you’ve certainly said a lot of provocative things.
你说,“网球赛推手父母该被枪毙”
You’ve said “tennis parents should be shot.”
还说自己在中介洛克菲勒中心的收♥购♥案
You’ve said you’re brokering a deal to purchase rockefeller center.

Yep.
事实上,我现在身兼数职
Well, truth is, I got so many businesses now,
几乎很少想到网球
I hardly even think about tennis.
你完全不担心那会限制她们的发展吗?
And you’re not concerned all that’s holding them back?
很多像她们这个年纪的网球新星 比方说玛蒂娜·辛吉丝
Most top prospects their age, like martina hingis for example,
都即将转职业了 -对
are about to turn pro. – Yeah.
但你的女儿们自从1991年起 就没再比过一场网球
But your daughters haven’t played a match since 1991.
我们仍然督促她们成长
Well, we still pushing ’em forward.
维纳斯能说四国语言,而且几乎都很流利
Venus speaking four languages. Most of ’em fluently, almost.
你能说几种语言?
How many languages you speak?
正是此意,你就连这个语言也说不好
Exactly. Not even really good at this one.
你瞧,我这辈子一直很穷
Look, look, I’ve been broke all my life,
而维纳斯不想当个穷♥人♥
and Venus don’t wanna be poor, you know.
但我们不愿意让别人强迫女儿 去做她还没准备好的事
But we not gonna let nobody push our daughter into nothing she ain’t ready for.
好,我去把维纳斯带过来 -谢谢
Okay. All right, I’MMA get Venus. – Thank you.
你可以过去那上面架设器材
Y’all can go ahead and move and set up up top.
脚动起来,很好,球要发过去了
Now, fast feet. Fast feet. Fast feet. Good. Here they come.
要发过去了,你不知道它们何时会杀来
Here’s it come. You don’t know when it’s coming.
你不知道,快点回应! 很好,我喜欢,动起来
Let’s go. You don’t know. Go! React. Good! I like it. Let’s go. Move.
对,就像子弹一样,很好!
Yes, like a bullet. Yes, I like it!
砰,很有职业水准,动起来
Boom, that’s major league. Let’s go. Fast feet. Fast feet.
小鬼头!
Junior!
你动起来时,我看着就开心,赶过去
When you’re moving, I’m grooving. Good. Get there.
有人要采访你,来吧,我们走了
You got an interview. Come on, let’s go.
别这样,维维,我们还有两小时练习时间
Come on. Hey, v, we got two more hours.
我告诉你,你一离开这球场 你妹妹就会来接手
I’m telling you now, you leave this court, your sister’s taking over.
抱歉,瑞克,上镜头的时间到
Sorry, Rick, it’s showtime.
一天到晚都是上镜头的时间 对吧,理查德?
Yeah, it’s always showtime, isn’t it, Richard?
米卡,来吧,我知道有人很乐意练球
Hey, meek, let’s go. I know someone wants to be here.
你想转职业吗? -想
Do you want to turn pro? – Yes.
很多人期待看你对战 像莫妮卡·莎莉丝那样的选手
A lot of people are excited to see how you’d do against players like seles.
你觉得你能打败她吗?
Do you think you can beat her?
我知道我能
I know I could beat her.
你知道你能打败她?非常自信
You know you can beat her? Very confident.
我非常有自信
I’m very confident.
你说得如此容易,为什么呢?
You say it so easily. Why?
因为我深信不疑
Because I believe it.
但你几乎快三年没参加过比赛了
But you haven’t played a match in almost three years.
好,麻烦暂停一下,让我告诉你原因
All right, hold it right there. If you don’t mind, lemme tell you why.
理查德,我们正在进行访问
Richard, we’re doing an interview.
她已经回答问题了 而且第一时间就充满自信地作答
Well, what she had said, she said it with so much confidence the first time.
但你一直纠缠不休 -你不能一直打岔
But you keep going on and on. – You can’t just keep interrupting…
你必须要了解,你攻击的
What you gots to understand is you’re dealing with
是一个14岁小女孩的自我形象
the image of a 14-year-old child.
等她上场厮杀时 我们两个老头都要进坟墓了
And this child gonna be playing when your old ass and me gonna be in the grave.
当她回答完问题后 我们已经说完想要说的话
When she had said something, we done told you what’s happening.
你面对的是一个黑人小孩 让她继续当个孩子吧
You are dealing with a little black kid. Let her be a kid.
她已经充满自信地回答你的问题了
Now, she done answered it with a lot of confidence.
拜托别再追杀她
Leave that alone!
专注,就是这样,重点在于双眼
Focus. That’s it. It’s all about your eyes.
专注,就是那样,反转过来,很好
Focus. Right there. Good. Turn it over. Good.
精准,再来一次,精准,继续
Sharp. Again. Again. Sharp. Let’s go.
一二,就是这样,很好
One, two, right there. Yeah. Yeah. Yeah.
来啊,快
Let’s go. Let’s go. Let’s go.
来啊,继续移♥动♥,脚动起来
Let’s go. Keep moving. Keep moving. Fast feet.
结果如何,媒体名人?
What’s going on, Shakespeare? Good.
你搞定了吗? -有,很顺利
Did you get the part? – Yeah, it was good.
瑞克,那边是怎么回事?
Rick, what’s going on over there?
有场盛大的青少年锦标赛 洲际杯即将到来
Ah… big junior tournament’s coming up. The continental cup.
这次的大热门是库妮可娃,她来这里练习
Hoopla’s for kournikova. She’s getting some practice in.
我听说她下个月要在俄♥罗♥斯♥转职业
I heard she’s going pro next month in Russia.
辛吉丝也发表声明了 -对,是这样没错
Hingis announced too. – Yeah, they, uh… they are.
听我说,俄♥罗♥斯♥没什么好玩的 天气糟透了,食物又难吃
But look, Russia’s overrated. The weather’s lousy, the food’s terrible.
但是瑞克,我也想参赛
But, Rick, iwanna play.
甜心,你跟我讲也没用
Sweetheart, you’re preaching to the choir, okay?
你觉得我准备好了吗? -我知道你准备好了
Do you think I’m ready? – No, I know you’re ready.
好,那你愿意去劝我爸吗? -甜心,听我说
Okay, will you talk to my dad? – Sweetheart, look…
拜托,瑞克,你知道我准备好了 -你这是想害我去送死
Rick, please. You know I’m ready. – Trying to feed me to the wolves here.
我都已经撞墙过好几次了 -瑞克,就跟他谈谈嘛,拜托
Look, I’ve been down this road… – Rick, just talk to him. Please.
拜托?
Please?
好啦,你知道吗… -你是答应了吗?
All right, all right, all right, all right, all right.- You know… – Is that a yes?
都怪你这张脸,让我无法拒绝
It’s that face. It’s your face. It’s like I can’t…
所以你答应了? -谁叫你这样看着我,对
鈥擲o, yes? – You give me the face… yes, yes.
好耶! -好啦
Yes! Yes! – All right, all right, all right.
老天,又来了 -你答应了
Oh, boy. Here we go. Let’s just… – That’s a yes.
希望他不要迁怒到我身上
Hope he doesn’t actually kill the messenger.
他答应了? -他答应了
He said yeah? – He said yes.
天啊
Jesus.
接好,戴上手套,陪你妹妹练习
Think fast. Put those on, train your sister.
我得休息一下 仔细想想该如何跟疯子交涉
I need a break to figure out how I’m gonna talk to this maniac.
来吧,把手套戴上 -来吧
Let’s go. Put your gloves on. – Let’s go.
我们慢慢来的主要原因 是因为若不受教育
The main reason we not rushing, ’cause without an education,
不管网球打得多好,一旦满18岁后
no matter how good you are, by the time they 18,
若不幸破产 未来50年只能像傻子般活着
they gonna be broke and have 50 more years to live like a fool.
我们才不要这样,你们瞧
We not doing that. Oh, look at that!

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!