他的经历很辉煌,但我能告诉你们
You know, he’s had a lot of success, but, uh… I can tell you now,
你们若选择去尼克的学院 绝不会是尼克本人陪练
you go down to bradenton to train with Nick, you’re not gonna get Nick.
而是他雇用的某名教练
You’re gonna get whatever hitting coach he’s got available.
是流水线的工厂式训练
You’re gonna… gonna get a factory.
若跟了我,我就是你们的教练
Now, you train with me, I’m your coach. It’s me.
很多人都说尼克是最棒的
A lot of people say Nick the best.
记得那样说的那个人吗?
Remember that man who said that? – Mm-hm.
二位,不管你们选尼克还是瑞克
Mr. and Mrs. Williams, whether it’s Nick or Rick,
或是汤姆、迪克、哈利,全都没差
Tom, dick, or Harry, it doesn’t matter.
若她们真想成为冠军,那就有望成真
If it’s their dream to be a champion, well, then you got a chance.
若只是为了满足其他人,则会一败涂地
But, you know, if it’s yours, mine, no.
绝不会有结果,所以若你们想选尼克
Crash and burn. It’s not gonna happen. So…You want to go with Nick, then…
那么就应该选尼克,那是你们的权利
You know, you gotta go with Nick. That’s your prerogative.
不,我们想要选你
No, we wanna go with you.
老天,吓死我了
Oh! Thank heavens. I was…
我们只是想听你敞开心胸说话
We just wanted to hear you say what you had said.
干得好
Well… well done.
谭蒂
Tunde. Uh… 鈥?Ah!
这是我们家的制式合约
Now, this here is our standard agreement.
抱歉,你家的?
I’m sorry, your…
若你签下女孩,就等于签下我们全家
You know, you take these girls, you take us all, the whole family.
抱歉,你们都要搬来佛罗里达?
I’m sorry, you… You all wanna come to Florida?
谭蒂不去,她刚在毕业典礼代表致辞
Not tunde. She just graduated valedictorian.
所以她的人生在这里
So, her life is here.
恭喜 -谢谢,先生
Congratulations. – Thank you, sir.
但我们需要合约里的所有其他东西
Yeah, but all that other stuff that’s in that contract, we need that.
我们需要房♥子、最好的学校 还需要帮我在你公♥司♥安插工作
We need a house, we need the best school, and a job for me on your staff.
这里写着一台露营车?
It says here, a… mobile home?
对,我们总得举家迁去吧
Yeah, I mean, we got to get there, don’t we?
你到底对这两个孩子有没有信心?
You believe in these kids or what?
我当然有,我对你俩发誓,当然有
You bet I do. I swear to you two. You bet I do.
那我们为何还坐在这里? 我们该在佛罗里达
Okay, then why are we still sitting here? We supposed to be in Florida.
我们在干嘛?我们去佛罗里达吧
What are we doing? Let’s go to Florida.
谢谢 -能帮我拿一包吗?
Oh, thank you. – Can you get me one?
给你,没关系,我们可以分享
Here you go. No, we can share that.
才不要,你们都不让我一起坐
No, ’cause y’all wouldn’t let me sit with you.
把手放在方向盘上 -她有握住,要我帮忙吗,小鬼头?
You keep your hand on that wheel.She got it. Do you need me, junior?
没关系,我可以 -至少把一只手放在方向盘上
No, I got it. – Put at least one hand on that wheel.
你好,警♥察♥叔叔 -嗨,警♥察♥
What’s up? Hey, police. – Hi, police!
我们刚刚才违反法律,抱歉
We were just breaking the law. Sorry.
好了,拼一下“Albuquerque”
Okay, spell “Albuquerque.”
A-L-B-U-Q…
A-I-b-u-q…
不是,是A…不可能是L-R
No. A… can’t be I-r.
A-L-B…Q… -这个字里好像有三个Q
A-I-b… q… – The word got, like, three q’s.
不,别告诉她们,让她们拼
No, don’t tell ’em. Let ’em do it.
知道何时该守成,何时该放弃
Know when to hold ’em know when to fold ’em
知道何时该离去,何时该逃跑
know when to walk away and know when to run
别在还坐在赌桌上时,就开始数钱
you never count your money when you’re sittin’ at the table
等赌局结束后,有大把时间可数
there 7! Be time enough for counting when the dealing’s done
(欢迎来到佛罗里达阳光州)
Look at that. We in Florida. – Oh, this is so pretty!
你们看,我们到佛罗里达了
好漂亮 -到了,欢迎来到佛罗里达
There you go. Welcome to Florida.
瑞克·梅西,我们来了 -瑞克·梅西,现在就去找他
Rick macci, here we come. – Rick macci, there we go.
(瑞克·梅西国际网球学院)
There they are. Wow, look at that. – Hi!
-他们在那,你们瞧瞧 -你好!
嗨,大家好,欢迎来到阳光州
Hello, everybody. Welcome to the sunshine state.
老天,真高兴看到你们 旅途如何?还好吗?
Gosh, it’s great to see you guys, huh? How was the trip? Was it good?
还好,很漫长
Yeah. It was long.
漫长?那是肯定的 -才不漫长,一点也不
Long? Yeah, I bet it was. – It wasn’t long. It was not long.
理查德,看到那台蓝色小车了吗?
Richard, do you see that blue bad boy right there?
我叫它“彗星”
Mm-hm. – I call it the comet.
我喜欢开着到处走,感觉自己好像老板
I like to ride around, makes me feel like I own the place.
那很疯狂,因为我真的是老板
Which is crazy ’cause, you know, I kinda do.
那台车会是我的 -女孩们,这些是练习场
That gonna be mine. – Girls, these are the drilling courts.
那位是何思模,15岁时赢得 全国青少年锦标赛冠军
That’s Tommy ho. He won the us junior nationals at 15.
他在全国排名前50 那是艾瑞克·泰诺、约翰·罗迪克
He’s top 50 in the country. That’s Eric taino. That’s John roddick.
他们在各自的年龄组别中 目前都排名全国前五
They’re both top five in the country right now for their age group.
约翰,他有个弟弟 -对,他很厉害
Now, John, he’s got a little brother. – Yeah, he good.
他叫安迪,那孩子干劲十足 像是个会喷火的野兽
His name’s Andy. That kid is a savage. He breathes fire.
他很厉害,等被我训练完会更强
He’s good. Wait till I get my hands on him.
这里就是练习场,大家快点,加油
This is it right here.Let’s go. Dig, dig, dig, dig, dig!
动起来,你们听到那声音了吗? 那是勤奋练功的声音,我最爱练基本功
Feet. You hear that sound? That sound is effort. I love effort.
那让我开心,跟我来,这里是我们的食堂
That’s my happy place. Come with me. This is where we eat.
各位,别吃太多这个
Hey, guys, don’t eat too many of these things, all right?
这会让你们发胖
This will give you horns.
这是佛州最棒的薯条
Best French fries in Florida.
食堂随时开放,你们何时都可以来用餐
Now, look, this place will always be open and available to you guys.
想吃什么请自便 -很好,因为我饿了
You help yourselves whenever you want. – All right, good, ’cause I’m hungry.
真的假的?我们才刚吃过 -你这里真的好棒,瑞克
For real? We just ate.
而今天又变得更上一层楼
You got some place here, Rick.And it just got a lot better today.
来吧,理查德,我们走 -她们往那边去了
Come on, Richard, let’s go. – Over here. Look at ’em walking off.
记得试试这些肉桂卷,它们是一流的
Try the cinnamon rolls. They’re first class.
那边是什么人,虾兵蟹将吗?
What you got over there? That’s the… the chum?
对,你的眼光很犀利,理查德
Yeah, you know, you got a good eye, Richard.
你也知道事情是怎样
Mm-hm. – You know how that works.
得收些富家子弟来赚钱,贴补优等生
You need a few cheeseburgers to pay for the sirloin.
若培养出够多优等生 就能有钱培养真正的明星
You sell enough sirloin, you can get to the fillet mignon.
正是如此
Oh, there you go.
我们到了,女孩们,这里是圣地
Here we are, girls. This is mecca.
这两个球场是你们的 只属于我们和本校最顶尖的职业选手
These two courts here, they’re yours. Just you and me and the best pros we got.
我们会在这里重磅出击,挥出未来
This is where we hit the horn, we pop the corn, and when we pop it,
绝对不同凡响,对吧? -对
we pop with extra butter, right? 鈥攔ight.
你们同意吗? -同意
Huh? You feel me? Yeah? – Yep.
来乓一下 -乓
Bang. – Bang.
对吧?乓 -乓
Right? Bang. – Bang.
听我说,我为你们准备了惊喜
Now, look, I got a little surprise for you.
这是很罕见的机会,但既然她来了
This… this won’t happen every day, but since she’s here,
我想或许你们会想一起打球
I thought maybe you’d wanna hit a little bit.
珍妮佛!
Jennifer!
看,是珍妮佛·卡佩雅蒂
Oh, look. That’s Jennifer capriati.
嗨,我听说你们很厉害,想一起打球吗?
Hey. I hear you guys can play. You wanna hit?
想 -想
Yeah. – Yeah.
可以吗? -可以,但要对她手下留情
鈥擟an we? – Yeah. Just take it easy on her though.
我们走,米卡 -祝你们玩得开心
Let’s go, meka. – Have fun girls.
这是个很特别的惊喜,玩得开心点
This is really special. Have fun!
对她来说也是惊喜 我跟她提了女孩们的事
This is special for her, too. I told her all about the girls,
她想见一见维纳斯,所以就成了
and she wanted to meet Venus, so, yeah.
你很懂得如何穿针引线 -很高兴你们终于来了
Yeah, you know how to throw a party.Well, it’s good you guys are here.
很高兴认识你 -你们好
Nice to meet you. – Hey, girls.
好的,女孩们,开始慢慢热身
All right, girls, let’s go. Warm up slow.
玩得开心就好
Just have fun.
你看,这对她一定意义非凡吧
Look at that. That’s gotta be special for her, huh?
对,她看起来很强健
Yeah. She looks strong.
的确如此,她很用心苦练
She is. She is. A lot of work she’s put in.
维维有朝一日也会追上
She’s gonna get there. V’s gonna get there.
就是这样,很好,我喜欢
That’s it. Attagirl. Good. I like it.
你看看,那就是成功的范本
I mean, look at that. That’s… that’s the model right there.
我打算按照珍妮佛的发迹路程来打造她
Now, I figure we mold her in Jennifer’s path.
我们从复活节杯开始,然后打橘子杯
We start with the easter bowl, then the orange bowl.
就像珍妮佛那样,对吧?
Just like how Jennifer did it, right? – Yep.
那些都是很好的锦标赛,极具挑战性
They’re good tournaments, they’re challenging.
但我们在想不要参加复活节杯,瑞克
I’m thinking we not gonna play the easter bowl though, Rick.
行啊,你们属意别的锦标赛吗?
Okay, well, you… Got another tournament in mind?
没有
No, uh…
我忘了告诉你 我们不会再参加青少年锦标赛了
I meant to tell you, uh… We not playing no more juniors.
等她们转职业后,再继续比赛
Yeah, they’ll play matches again when they turn pro.
好,所以你觉得那会是何时,理查德?
Okay.And when exactly is that gonna be, Richard?
当我说她们准备好时 我们不会操之过急,瑞克
When I say they ready. We’re not gonna rush this, Rick.
一切都发展得很好,不需要现在开始妄进
Everything going good. We not gonna start rushing now.
那她们现在要干嘛,理查德? 每天玩乒乓球吗?
Uh… what are they gonna do, Richard? What… they gonna play ping-pong?
不是,她们要跟你练习
No, no. They gonna practice with you.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!