你说三楼不可能发生的
You said it could never happen on the third floor.
我对德索还有许多影响力 别担心
I carry a lot of influence with Desot. Don’t you worry.
你以为我是怎么弄到 有两面窗户的房♥间呢
How do you think I got us a room with a double exposure?
三面 若气窗也算的话
Triple, if you count the transom.
他知道希德·古特曼会给我 汉密尔顿钟表的生意
He knows Sid Gutman is going to give me the Hamilton Watch line.
WPA[Works Progress Administration] 公共事业振兴署[1935-1943] 大萧条时期美国总统罗斯福实施政时建立的一个政♥府♥机构 以助解决当时大规模的失业问题 是新政时期[以及美国历史上]兴办救济和公共工程的政♥府♥机构中规模最大的一个
他知道我快得到WPA这份工作
He knows I’ve got this WPA job coming.
等到那时候
When that happens…
我打电♥话♥给我的伙伴唐纳德·米勒
I call up my pal Donald Miller…
我们再搬到属于我们的卡列登宫公♥寓♥
and we move to the Carleton Court Apartments, where we belong.
我能不能带跳跳走
Can I take Skippy?
“我能不能带”不 你不能带跳跳上公车 不行
“Can I take…?” No, you can’t take Skippy on the bus.
-他要搭公车 -是的 你为什么不载他
He’s going on the bus? Why aren’t you driving him?
新车主等着拿走我的车
How can I drive him when the Repleviners are waiting…
我怎么载他
to take my car any minute they see it?
我哪来的钱付油钱
And where would I get the money to pay for gas?
连你母亲的牙齿我都没钱补了 懂吗
I can’t even afford to get your mother’s tooth fixed.
他搭公车安全的很 他是大男孩了 是不是
He’s perfectly safe on the bus. He’s a big boy, aren’t you?
瞧见没
Huh? You see?
-等一下 -你去哪里
-Hold on. -Where are you going?
我得留张纸条给莱斯特
I have to leave a note for Lester.
有法律规定不准敲他的门吗
Is there a law against knocking on his door?
-他说会吵到他母亲 -她生病了吗
-He said it disturbs his mother. -Is she sick?
-不知道 我从没见过 -她当然生病了
-I’ve never seen her. -Of course she’s sick.
弯腰去拣纸条害得她腰酸背痛 来吧
She’s got back trouble from bending over to pick up secret messages all day. Come on.
irritated nasal membranes
and helps to shrink puffy cold-swollen nasal passages
giving you more room to breathe
要当个乖孩子
Be a good boy.
沙利文 不久后见了 大男孩
Sullivan, see you soon, big boy, huh?
快点 苏
Come on, Sull.
我不想走
I don’t wanna go!
别担心 好吗 我会赚钱接你回来
Don’t worry, okay? I’m gonna earn some money and get you back.
-怎么赚 -暂时还不清楚
-How? -Well, I’m not sure yet.
但我知道莱斯特会有些主意的
But I know Lester’ll have some ideas.
别担心跳跳 我会好好照顾它的
And don’t worry about Skippy either. I’ll take good care of him.
再见了
See ya.
好了 再试一遍
All right, try me again.
真的或假的
True or false?
沃尔特·恩明斯不得不去医院
Walter Eamons had to go to the hospital
因为他常常玩弄他的肚脐
because he played with his belly button…
-所以受到感染 医生必须替他开刀 -假的
-so much it got infected, and they had to operate. -Definitely false.
是真的 他三个礼拜不能去上学了
It’s true. He’s gonna be out of school for three weeks.
好了 再一个
All right, one more.
真的或假的
True or false?
今天放学后
Today after school…
我从露天看台穿过栏杆
I snuck into Sportsman’s Park through the left-field bleachers.
溜进运动员球场
I passed by the railing to go to the bathroom…
看到佩珀·马丁正要上三垒
and saw Pepper Martin going out to third.
他看到我 扔给我一片箭牌口香糖
He saw me and threw me a piece of Wrigley’s gum.
-真的 -假的
-True. -False.
骗到你了
Gotcha.
这游戏的缺点
Well, the trouble with this game is…
在于我必须接受 你说真就真 你说假就假
I have to accept your word for what’s true or false.
没错
-That’s true. -Hmm.
晚安
Night.
你说了要玩就要玩
You said you were gonna play, and you’re gonna play,
-等你玩了之后才能离开 -不公平
-You ain’t leavin’ until you do. -But it’s not fair.
把你的弹珠放在地上 不然别想走
Put your marbles on the ground or else.
-我没空跟你吵 -你没事吧 比利
-I ain’t got time to argue with you! -You okay, Billy?
滚开 小鬼
Scram, small-fry.
这个娘娘腔说他会打赢十颗弹珠 现在却胆怯想逃
This little sissy said he’d shoot for ten marbles. Now he’s welshin’.
-但他们的弹珠好差劲 -你老头也一样
-But their marbles are clearly inferior. -So’s your old man.
我看这么办吧 我们组伴对决 我们对付你们
I’ll tell you what. We’ll shoot partners, us against you.
我出五颗 比利出五颗 对付你们的十颗
I’ll put up five and Billy will put up five against your ten.
-好啊 -没问题
-Sure. -You bet.
好了 1 2 3 丢
All right. One, two, three, drop.
我们让你们先
We’ll let you go first.
-尽管先打吧 比利 -好的
-Go ahead and shoot first, Billy. -Okay.
-该死 -你怎会没打中呢
-Damn! -How could you miss that?
让一下
Excuse me.
砰
Pow!
砰
Pow!
砰
Pow!
砰
Pow!
哇
Wow!
绅士们 比赛结束了
Well, gentlemen, the game is over.
算你好运
You were lucky.
-可怜虫 -是啊
-Sore losers. -Yeah.
我来杜威之前从没玩过弹珠
I never played marbles before I came to Dewey.
不会吧
No kidding.
想到我家喝个汽水或什么吗
Wanna come over for a soda or something?
好啊
Yeah.
比利你看 那就是我跟你
Look, Billy. There’s that salesman…
-提过的推销员 -是的
-I was telling you about. -Oh, yes.
我不懂
I don’t understand.
谁会买♥♥点不着的蜡烛呢
Who would buy a candle you can’t even light?
我要去换套游戏服 若你不介意的话
I was just gonna change into some playclothes, if you don’t mind.
没问题
Sure.
老天
Criminy!
-是佩珀·马丁签的名 -是的 我父亲替我签到的
-This is signed by Pepper Martin? -Yes. My father got it for me.
我从未真正使用过 但也许哪天会很值钱
I’ve never really used it, but maybe it will be worth money someday.
你父亲人一定真的很好
Your father must be really nice.
听着 亚伦 你觉得鸟怎样呢
Listen, Aaron, how are you about birds?
我喜欢鸟 我家就有一只金丝雀
I’m in favor of ’em. I have a canary at home.
你有金丝雀 我也有耶
You have a canary? Me too!
你说你有几只鸟
How many birds did you say you have?
目前就一只
Well, you know, right now, just the one.
但它会叼走我嘴里的葡萄
But he’ll take a grape from my lips…
当我伸出手时 它会飞到我的指头上
and fly to my finger right when I put it out.
-真俏皮 -你为何养这多么只
-That’s nifty. -Yeah. Why do you have so many?
我繁育的 那是我的嗜好
I breed them. It’s my hobby.
-我卖♥♥鸟给德弗拉维耶街上那间店的法雷先生 -你卖♥♥鸟
-I sell them to Mr. Farley at the shop on DeBaliviere. -You sell ’em?
-能赚多少 -一只三美元
-How much do you get? -About three dollars a bird.
老天
Gosh!
你何不插一脚来做呢 我会跟法雷先生安排一下的
Hey, why don’t you go into business? I’ll arrange it with Mr. Farley.
-嗯 但我只有跳跳 -我会给你一只母鸟
-Yeah, but I only have Skippy. -I’ll give you a female.
母鸟不值钱 因为它们不唱歌♥
Females aren’t worth anything because they don’t sing.
真的 我只需那样
Really? That… That’s all I need?
你需要像这种的饲养笼子 但任何的大笼子也行
Well, you need a breeding cage like this one, but any big cage will do.
然后你需要几样杂七杂八的东西
And then you need a few odds and ends.
来 这本是芬奇鸟先生公♥司♥出版的
Here, this is put out by the Miss Finch Birdseed Company.
里头通通有讲解
It tells you everything.
这只长得相当漂亮
Here’s a pretty sexy-lookin’ dish.
嘿
Hey.
你确定不留下来吃晚餐吗
Are you sure you can’t stay for dinner?
是的 夫人
Um… no, ma’am.
我母亲在主办一场麻将大赛 她希望我在场
My mother’s hosting a mah-jongg tournament, and she wanted me to be there.
在你家主办大赛
You’re hosting a tournament in your house?
嗯
Well…
不是 我们目前住旅馆里 直到我们的新房♥子盖好为止
no, you see, we’re living in a hotel until our new house is finished being built.
大赛是在舞厅里
The tournament is in the ballroom.
你们盖哪一种房♥子
What kind of house are you building?
就像这间一样的普通房♥子
Just a regular house like this one.
你父亲是从事哪一行呢 亚伦
And what does your father do, Aaron?
他开飞机
He flies airplanes.
-哇 -老天 真有趣
-Wow! -My, that’s interesting.
所以你才懂得查尔斯·林德伯格的
So that’s how you know Charles Lindbergh.
对
Right.
那么 他是飞哪一种呢
So… what kind of flying does he do?
哦
Uh…
替政♥府♥开的样子
Well, it’s sort of for the government…