who, according to local legend,
specialized in visual media.
根据当地的传说
他是位影像专家
His name? Plug Plague Pluggy…
Something like that.
他的名字?插头、插座、插板之类的
I’d been told that his research
我只知道
had been moving in parallel lines
to my own.
他的研究与我的重合
一种方法
By the way, my name is William
Shakespeare, Junior, the Fifth.
对了,我是小威廉·莎士比亚,第五代
What is this?
这是什么?
It’s the best part of the fish.
这是鱼最好的部分
Give me the map, then,
把地图给我
now meantime
同时
we shall express our darker purpose.
我们要公布一个尚未经宣明的计划
Yes, father.
好的,爸爸
Know that I have divided
要知道,我们
in three my empire:
把国土已分成了三份
and ’tis our fast intent
而且决意从衰老的残躯上
to shake all cares of business
卸除一切焦劳
from my age,
和政务的纷烦
conferring them on younger strength
付与力壮的年轻人
while I unburden
好让我释去了负担
and craw towards death.
从容爬进老死的境域
Are you listening?
你在听吗?
Now, my joy, all my last least…
Speak!
现在,我的宝贝,我所剩的那一点……
说吧!
What shall Cordelia speak?
寇蒂利亚会说什么?
Love and be silent.
只有爱与沉默
What country is that over there?
那边是哪个国家?
This is the Kingdom of France.
是法兰西王国
Take off.
退下吧
Yes, Mister Learo.
好的,李尔罗先生
Now, you know,
如今,你知道
Bugsy Seigal and Lansky,
that’s Meyer Lansky,
巴格西·塞加尔和兰斯基
也就是梅尔·兰斯基
they was always fighting,
他们总是争斗
and the point was that Bugsy,
关键在于巴格西塞
that Bugsy was the real killer.
巴格西塞是一位真正的杀手
Not like this Richard Nixon,
you know.
不像理查德·尼克松,你知道
How many people did he kilI?
他一共杀了多少人?
How many?
多少……
Eight or ten, that I know.
八或十,据我所知
With his own hands?
亲手的吗?
Yes, mostly.
是的,大部分
Sometimes he got some friends
to help him to get rid of.
有时候,他的朋友会帮忙
But this Meyer Lansky,
the little guy,
但是梅尔·兰斯基,这个小个子
he was a philosopher, you know.
他是一名哲学家,你知道
And two days in Vegas, this was two
days before Bugsy was murdered,
前两天在拉斯维加斯
也就是巴格西塞被杀前两天
this Lansky said to him,
兰斯基对他说了一些话
I got his words
in his own writing here.
我在他的笔记中找到了这些话
I want you to hear this.
我想你听一听
He says… This is Lansky, to Bugsy:
他说……这是兰斯基
给巴格西塞
“Studying human nature
I came to the conclusion
「通过研究人性,我得出了以下结论
people prefer to be rightous at home
人们更愿意在家做一个正直的人
and a sinner somewhere else”.
而在别处则是一个罪人」
Own hand-writing.
“As for myself I…”
亲手写的
「至于我自己……」
“As for myself I stick to the saying:
「至于我自己则坚信:
When you lose your money,
you lose nothing,
当你失去金钱,其实你什么都没有失去
when you lose your character
you lose everything”.
当你失去了名声,你则失去了一切」
Well, think about that, my beloved.
好吧,想想看,亲爱的
What about that?
Answer me.
你怎么看?回答我
I don’t have my heart in my mouth.
我无法将我的心放进嘴里
You mend your speech a little.
纠正你的话
You may mar your dollars.
否则会坏了你的运道
As you wish.
如你所愿
Love’s labors lost.
爱的努力失败了
As you wish.
如你所愿
As you wish, as you wish.
如你所愿,如你所愿
如你所蛊,如你所蛊
As you watch, as you watch,
as you watch!
如你所见,如你所见,如你所见!
Witchcraft.
魔法
As you…
如你……
As you like it!
随你的便!
That’s it. That’s it.
As you like it.
就是这个,就是这个,随你的便
Thank you, miss.
谢谢,小姐
Thank you, my lady.
谢谢,女士
Sure.
的确
I shall never marry like my sisters.
我千万不能和她们一般
To love my father all.
结了婚还全然只爱着父亲
But goes thy heart with this.
你可是真心说话?
Aye, my good lord.
哎,好父亲
So young and so untender.
这么样年轻,难道这么样不温柔?
So young my lord, and true.
这么样年轻,父亲,又这么样真心
You just saved my life.
你刚刚挽救了我
Are you trying to make
a play for my girl?
你在调戏我的女儿吗?
No, no, sir. Please.
Allow me to introduce myself.
不,不,先生
请允许我介绍自己
Get your hands off me! Get your hands!
把你的手拿开!拿开!
There’s a play we’re trying
to make anytime, sir.
我们正在创作一个剧本,先生
A play, sir.
一个剧本,先生
Characters.
角色
Come not in there, Nuncle.
别进来,伯伯
Here’s the spirit. Help me.
这有个鬼,救命
Give me thy hand, who’s there?
牵着我的手,谁在那里
A spirit, a spirit.
一个鬼,一个鬼
Hello? Hello?
你好?你好?
Hello?
你好?
Where is everybody?
大家都去哪了?
Where are we?
我们在哪?
The name is Goodwater.
这里是古德沃特
Goodwater?
古德沃特?
That’s a nice name.
What city is this?
不错的名字
这是哪座城市?
When the French where here,
they called it Les Oranges.
当法国人在这里的时候
他们称为奥朗日
But before that, when the Spanish
was here, they called it Los Angeles.
但是在此之前,西班牙人的时候
他们称为洛杉矶
Who was she? I needed to know.
她是谁?我需要知道
I decided to forget of the “To be
or not to be” business for awhile.
我决定暂时忘记「生存还是毁灭」这类的事
Something was going on between
this old man and this young girl.
在这位年纪稍长的男人和那位年轻女孩之间有些事情
I decided to concentrate
on their story.
我决定注意力放在他们的故事上
So I was trying to locate
this Pluggy.
所以,我想先找到插头先生
I was walking in the woods
near the lake.
我在湖边的树林散步
The place was named Oban
which means “good water”.
这个地方叫奥本,意思是「好水」
This information was given me
by a young man, poorly dressed,
这是由一个衣衫褴褛的
年轻人告诉我的
named Edgar, accompanied
by his girlfriend Virginia,
他的名字叫埃德加
陪伴他的女友叫弗吉尼亚
except that she wasn’t there.
不过她并不在那
They seemed to be looking
for something.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!