就飞似的逃走了
full suddenly he fled.
让他逃得远远的吧
Let him fly far –
在这境内是没有他藏身之所的
not in this land shall he remain uncaught,
一旦抓住 立刻处死
and found – dispatch!
公爵殿下
The noble Duke, my master,
我高贵的恩主 今晚要到这来
my worthy arch and patron, comes tonight –
我将呈准公爵 告知众人
by his authority I will proclaim it,
凡有能寻得此凶犯 并缉拿归案的
that he which finds him shall deserve our thanks,
我们有赏赐
bringing the murderous coward to the stake.
藏匿他的 死路一条
He that conceals him, death!
我劝他不要心存邪念
When I dissuaded him from his intent,
但他的企图却很坚决
and found him pight to do it,
我便严词恫吓他 说要告发他的阴谋
with curst speech I threatened to discover him.
他却说 你这没份儿继承遗产的私生子
He replied, “Thou unpossessing bastard,
如果我要与你对立的话
dost thou think,
你以为
If I would stand against thee,
别人会信任你的道德品质
would the reposal of any trust, virtue or worth in thee
继而相信你所说的话吗
make thy words faithed?
不会的 我可以绝口否认 而我自然要否认
No, what I should deny, as this I would, ay,
纵然你能举出我的亲笔证据
though thou didst produce my very character,
我也能反咬一口
I’d turn it all thy suggestion,
说这全是你的阴谋诡计
plot and damned practise.”
这狠心的畜生
O strange and fastened villain,
他能赖掉自己的信吗
Would he deny his letter, said he?
简直就不是我生的
I never got him.
听 是公爵的喇叭 我不知道他为何而来
Hark, the Duke’s trumpets – I know not why he comes.
我要关上所有城门 看那畜生逃哪儿去
All ports I’ll bar, the villain shall not ‘scape –
公爵一定会答应我这个要求的
The Duke must grant me that.
此外 我还要把他的画像送到各处
Besides, his picture I will send far and near,
让全国的人都可以注意到他
that all the kingdom may have the due note of him,
我孝顺的儿子
and of my land,
我会想法子
loyal and natural boy, I’ll work the means
让你能够继承我的产业
to make thee capable.
您好 我尊贵的朋友
How now, my noble friend?
我刚到这 就已经听说了奇怪的消息
Since I came hither, I have heard strange news.
如果一切属实 那罪人真是
If it be true, all vengeance comes too short
万死不足以蔽其辜
which can pursue th’offender.
到底是怎么回事 伯爵
How dost, my lord?
夫人 我这颗心已经碎了 碎了
O madam, my old heart is cracked, it’s cracked.
什么 我父亲的义子要谋害你吗
What, did my father’s godson seek your life?
就是我父亲赐名的那位 你的爱德加吗
He whom my father named, your Edgar?
夫人 这事说来真丢人
O, lady, lady, shame would have it hid.
他不是常常与我伺候我父亲的
Was he not companion with the riotous knights
那些横行不法的骑士们为伴
that tend upon my father?
我不知道 夫人 太可恶了 太可恶了
I know not, madam – ’tis too bad, too bad.
是的 夫人 他是与那些人为伍的
Yes, madam, he was of that consort.
怪不得他会变得这么坏
No marvel, then, though he were ill affected.
肯定是那些人撺掇他谋害了这老人家
‘Tis they have put him on the old man’s death,
好挥霍他的钱财
to have the expense and waste of his revenues.
今天傍晚 我收到了姐姐的一封信
I have this present evening from my sister
信中披露了他们的详情
been well informed of them, and with such cautions
并警告若他们来我家住 让我千万别招待
that if they come to sojourn at my house I’ll not be there.
相信我 芮根 我也不会去招待他们
Nor I, assure thee, Regan.
爱德蒙 我听说你对你父亲
Edmund, I hear that you have shown your father
很尽孝道
a child-like office.
那是我的本分 大人
It was my duty, sir.
他的确揭发了他的阴谋 而且为了抓住他
He did bewray his practice, and received this hurt you see,
还受了伤
striving to apprehend him.
有人去缉拿他吗
Is he pursued?
有的 大人
He is, my good lord.
如果他被捉住了 我们一定
If he be taken, he shall never more
不让他再为非作恶
be feared of doing harm,
在我的权力范围内
make your own purpose,
你尽管去做
how in my strength you please.
至于你 爱德蒙
For you, Edmund,
你的孝心与忠诚
whose virtue and obedience doth this instant
很值得称赞 也正是我们需要的
so much commend itself, you shall be ours.
像你这样不负托付的人
Natures of such deep trust we shall much need –
也正是我们要重用的
you we first seize on.
大人 无论是否胜任 我都愿意尽忠效命
Sir, I shall serve you, truly, however else.
公爵如此看得起他 我感激万分
For him I thank your grace.
你是否知道我们为什么要到这来
You know not why we came to visit you?
如此不合时宜 深更半夜的
Thus out of season, threading dark-eyed night?
实在是因为有些紧要的事
Occasions, noble Gloucester, of some poise
必须要征求你的意见 尊贵的葛罗斯特
wherein we must have use of your advice.
我父亲和姐姐都写了信来
Our father he hath writ, so hath our sister,
说他们之间发生了冲突 我觉得最好不要
of differences, which I least thought it fit
在家里写回信
to answer from our home.
两边的信使都在等候我打发
The several messengers from hence attend dispatch.
善良的老朋友
Our good old friend,
你别气恼了
lay comforts to your bosom,
快替我们出个好主意
and bestow your needful counsel to our business,
这事着急呢
which craves the instant use.
愿意效劳 夫人 欢迎二位驾临
I serve you, madam. Your graces are right welcome.
早安 朋友 你是这家的人吗
Good dawning to thee, friend. Art of this house?
第二场:葛罗斯特堡前

Ay.
哪里可以让我们拴马
Where may we set our horses?
烂泥地里
In the mire.
烂泥
In the…?
拜托 是朋友就告诉我吧
Prithee, if thou lov’st me, tell me.
我们不是朋友
I love thee not.
那么 我也不管你了
Why, then, I care not for thee.
要是我咬住你
If I had thee in Lipsbury pinfold,
黎破斯堡兽栏 意既嘴唇之间的畜栏
看你还管不管我
I would make thee care for me.
你为什么这样对我 我又不认识你
Why dost thou use me thus? I know thee not.
伙计 我认识你
Fellow, I know thee.
那我是谁
What dost thou know me for?
是一个无赖 一个恶棍 一个吃剩饭的家伙
A knave, a rascal, an eater of broken meats.
一个下♥贱♥ 傲慢 浅薄 叫花子一样的
A base, proud, shallow, beggarly,
只有三身衣服
three-suited,
全部家当加起来不超过一百磅的
hundred-pound,
仆人有两身衣服
一百磅是得到陪审员资格的最低财产额
龌蹉的 穿毛绒袜子的奴才
filthy, worsted-stocking knave.
稍有富余者都穿丝♥袜♥ 只有穷♥人♥穿毛绒袜
一个没有胆量的 靠官府势力压人的奴才
A lily-livered, action-taking knave,
一个婊♥子♥生的 顾镜自怜的
a whoreson, glass-gazing,
奴颜婢膝的 涂脂抹粉的混账东西
super-serviceable finical rogue.
全部家当一个箱子就能装下的下流胚
One trunk-inheriting slave,
一个天生的王八坯子
one that wouldst be a bawd in way of good service and art nothing
无赖 懦夫 乞丐 皮条客 你都兼而有之
but the composition of a knave, coward, beggar, pander
还是一条杂种母狗的儿子
and the son and heir of a mongrel bitch…
你要是不承认这些头衔中的哪怕一个字
..One whom I would beat into clamorous whining
我都要打得你乱叫
if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition.
为什么
Why…
你简直是怪物一样的
What a monstrous…
小伙子
..fellow art thou,
你对一个不认识你
thus to rail on one
你也不认识的人 如此谩骂
that is neither known of thee, nor knows thee!
你还说不认识我 你这厚脸皮的奴才
What a brazen-faced varlet art thou to deny thou knowest me?
两天以前 我不是把你踢倒在地
Was it two days ago since I tripped up thy heels
在国王面前打了你吗
and beat thee before the King?
拔剑 你个流氓
Draw, you rogue,
虽然是夜里 但还有月光
for though it be night, yet the moon shines.
我要把你打个稀巴烂
I’ll make a sop o’ the moonshine of you.
拔剑 你个油头粉面的贱种 拔剑
Draw you whoreson cullionly barber-monger! Draw!
滚开 我不想理你
Away, I have nothing to do with thee.
拔剑 你个杂种
Draw, you rascal!
你带着不利于国王的信件来的
You come with letters against the King.
-救命 杀人啦 救命 -打啊 奴才
– Help, ho! Murder, help! Help, ho! – Strike, slave.
-站起来 混♥蛋♥ 站起来跟我打 -杀人啦

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!