把信给我
Give me the letter, sir.
不给您看您要恼我 给您看了也要动怒
I shall offend, either to detain or give it.
哥哥信里写的实在不太合适
The contents, as in part I understand them, are to blame.
给我看 给我看
Let’s see, let’s see.
但愿 哥哥写这封信有他的理由
I hope, for my brother’s justification,
他不过是为了考验我的品行
he wrote this but as an essay or taste of my virtue.
“这种尊重老年人的风尚
“This policy and reverence of age
使我们年轻时不能享受生命的欢乐
makes the world bitter to the best of our times;
不能享受财产的挥霍
keeps our fortunes from us
等到年纪大了有了钱也无处挥霍
till our oldness cannot relish them.
我逐渐感觉到一种荒谬愚蠢的束缚
I begin to find an idle and fond bondage in the oppression
来自老年人的专♥制♥
of aged tyranny,
他们支配一切 并非是他们有权力
who sways, not as it hath power,
而是我们自己纵容他们的压♥迫♥
but as it is suffered.
来跟我好好讨论下这个问题吧
Come to me, that of this I may speak more.
如果我们的父亲长眠不醒
If our father would sleep till I waked him,
你就可以永远享受他一半的收入
you should enjoy half his revenue for ever,
并将为你的哥哥所喜爱 爱德加”
and live the beloved of your brother, Edgar.”
阴谋
Conspiracy!
“如果我们的父亲长眠不醒
“Sleep till I waked him,
你就可以永远享受他一半的收入”
you should enjoy half his revenue.”
我的儿子爱德加 这能是他写的吗
My son Edgar? Had he a hand to write this?
能有这样的坏心肠吗
A heart and brain to breed it in?
你什么时候收到这封信的 谁送来的
When came you to this? Who brought it?
这不是送来的 这正是他狡猾的地方
It was not brought me, my lord, there’s the cunning of it.
这封信塞在我房♥间的窗眼里
I found it thrown in at the casement of my closet.
你确定这是你哥哥的字迹吗
You know the character to be your brother’s?
如果内容写的都是好话
If the matter were good,
我敢发誓这就是他的字迹
I durst swear it were his;
然而就其内容 我但愿这不是他写的
but, in respect of that, I would fain think it were not.
-这是他的字迹吗 -的确出自他手
– It is his? – It is his hand, my lord.
但是我希望他心里并不是这么想的
But I hope his heart is not in the contents.
他以前也这样试探过你吗
Hath he never before sounded you in this business?
没有 父亲
Never, my lord.
可是我常常听见他说
But I have heard him oft maintain it to be fit that,
儿子成年以后 父亲已经衰老
sons at perfect age, and fathers declined,
父亲就应该受儿子的监护
the father should be as ward to the son,
财产应该由儿子来掌管
and the son manage his revenue.
混♥蛋♥ 混♥蛋♥
O villain, villain!
正是他这封信想要表达的意思
His very opinion in the letter.
可恶的混♥蛋♥
Abhorred villain!
不孝的 没有心肝的畜生
Unnatural, detested, brutish villain!
禽兽不如的东西
Worse than brutish!
去 把他找来
Go, sirrah, seek him.
我要治治他
I’ll apprehend him.
可恶的混♥蛋♥ 他在哪
Abominable villain! Where is he?
我不知道 父亲
I do not well know, my lord.
我敢拿我的性命为他担♥保♥
I dare pawn down my life for him,
他写这封信的目的
that he hath writ this to
不过是为了试探我对您的孝心罢了
feel my affection to your honour,
绝无其他恶意
and to no other pretence of danger.
你真这样想吗
Think you so?
您要是认为可以的话
If your honour judge it meet,
您可以在暗处听听我俩关于此事的谈话
I shall place you where you shall hear us confer of this
由您亲耳来听总放心得了吧
and by an auricular assurance have your satisfaction,
事不宜迟 今晚就办
and that without any further delay than this very evening.
他不可能是这样一个大逆不道的畜生
He cannot be such a monster.
一定不是的
Nor is not, sure.
尤其是对于如此全心全意爱着他的父亲
To his father, who so tenderly and entirely loves him.
天地良心 爱德蒙 找到他
Heaven and earth! Edmund, seek him out;
引他把实话说出来
wind me into him, I pray you,
尽管照你的意思随机应变
frame the business after your own wisdom.
我立刻就去找他
I will seek him out, sir, presently;
设法找到真♥相♥
convey the business as I shall find means,
然后马上向您禀告
and acquaint you withal.
最近的日蚀月蚀果然不是什么好兆头
These late eclipses in the sun and moon portend no good to us.
尽管人们凭借着天赋的智慧
Though the wisdom of Nature
对它们作这样那样的解释
can reason it thus and thus,
可是接踵而至的确实是天灾人祸
yet nature finds itself scourged by the sequent effects.
爱人陌路 友人反♥目♥ 兄弟不和
Love cools, friendship falls off, brothers divide,
父子之间也要生出裂痕
and the bond cracked ‘twixt son and father.
我这逆子也是应验了这个兆头
This villain of mine comes under the prediction;
有他这样忤逆父亲的儿子
there’s son against father.
也有像我们国王一样一反常态
the King falls from bias of nature;
不偏袒儿女的父亲
there’s father against child.
我们最好的日子已经过去
We have seen the best of our time.
找到那个畜生 爱德蒙
Seek out this villain, Edmund.
这对你不会有什么妨害的
It shall lose thee nothing.
你只要当心点
Do it carefully.
忠心耿耿的肯特竟被放逐
And the noble and true-hearted Kent banished,
他的罪名竟是因为诚实
his offence, honesty!
怪事
‘Tis strange!
人世间最糊涂的事莫过于此
This is the excellent foppery of the world,
我们遭遇不幸的时候
that when we are sick in fortune,
往往是因为自己行为放荡
often the surfeits of our own behaviour,
我们却把灾祸怪罪给日月星辰
we make guilty of our disasters the sun, the moon,
好像我们做恶人也是命中注定
and the stars, as if we were villains on necessity,
做傻瓜也是出于上天的旨意
fools by heavenly compulsion,
做无赖 盗贼 叛徒
knaves, thieves and treachers
都是受到天体运动的影响
by spherical predominance,
酗酒 造谣 奸♥淫♥
drunkards, liars and adulterers
都是有一颗什么星在那操纵所致
by an enforced obedience of planetary influence;
我们无论犯什么罪
and all that we are evil in,
都因超自然的力量控制着
by a divine thrusting on,
真是绝妙的推辞 明明自己跟人家通奸
an admirable evasion of whoremaster man,
却把他的淫念都归咎到一颗星星身上
to lay his goatish disposition on the charge of a star!
我的父亲在龙星尾梢下和我的母亲翻云覆雨
My father compounded with my mother under the dragon’s tail
Ursa major大熊星
我又是在大熊星底下出生
and my nativity was under Ursa Major,
所以我必定该是粗俗淫秽的家伙
so that it follows I am lecherous and rough.
我呸
Fut!
我父母幽会的时候
I should have been that I am
即使天上最贞洁的星在闪烁
had the maidenliest star
我也还是这副样子
in the firmament twinkled on my bastardizing.
他来了
Pat he comes,
真是说曹操曹操到
like the catastrophe of the old comedy.
我得装出一副忧郁的样子
My cue is villainous melancholy,
疯子一样长吁短叹
with a sigh like Tom o’ Bedlam.
这些日蚀月蚀果然预兆着人世的纷争啊
O, these eclipses do foretell these divisions!
发 嗦 啦 咪
Fa, sol, la, mi.
爱德蒙 兄弟 你在想什么
How now, brother Edmund, what serious contemplation are you in?
哥哥 我在想前几天看见的一则预言
I am thinking, brother, of a prediction I read this other day,
关于日食之后会发生的事
what should follow these eclipses.
你就是在烦这个啊
Do you busy yourself with that?
我跟你说 他所预言的不详之事都应验了
I promise you, what he writes of succeeds unhappily,
什么父子之间的情感疏离
as of the unnaturalness between the child and the parent,
死亡 饥荒 友邦分崩离析
death, dearth, dissolution of ancient amities,
国家分♥裂♥
divisions in state,
王室贵族受到威胁咒骂
menaces and maledictions against King and nobles,
人们胆小怕事 朋友离间
needless diffidences, banishment of friends,
军队涣散 婚姻破裂 还有很多我所不知道的
dissipation of cohorts, nuptial breaches, and I know not what.
你什么时候开始相信占星了
How long have you been a sectary astronomical?
算了 你上次看见父亲是什么时候
Come, come, when saw you my father last?
-干什么 昨晚才见 -和你说话了吗
– Why, the night gone by. – Spake you with him?
嗯 谈了两个小时
Ay, two hours together.
分别时还好吗
Parted you in good terms?
我感觉你对他很有不满之情 溢于言表
Found you no displeasure in him, by word nor countenance?
根本没有
None at all.
想想自己是不是哪里得罪他了
Bethink yourself wherein you may have offended him,
我劝你暂时避开一段时间
and at my entreaty forbear his presence
等他平息下来再说

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!