虽然这使我失去了您的宠爱
though not to have it hath lost me in your liking.
去去
Go to, go to.
你如此地不讨我喜欢
Better thou hadst not been born
还不如当初没有生你
than not to have pleased me better.
原来不过如此么
Is it no more but this?
不过是天性
A tardiness in nature,
心里想做而没有表达出来
which often leaves the history unspoke that it intends to do?
勃艮第公爵 你怎么看待这位小姐
My Lord of Burgundy, what say you to the lady?
爱情若牵涉到
Love’s not love
本身以外的各种顾虑
when it is mingled with regards
便不是真爱情了
that stand aloof from the entire point.
你愿意娶她吗 她的自身即是妆奁
Will you have her? She is herself a dowry.
尊敬的陛下
Royal King,
只要你陪送你承诺的嫁妆
give but that portion which yourself proposed,
我现在就与考狄利娅成婚 使她做我的公爵夫人
and here I take Cordelia by the hand, Duchess of Burgundy.
什么都不给
Nothing.
我发过誓 我绝不动摇
I have sworn, I am firm.
那么 我很抱歉 你已这样失去了一个父亲
I am sorry, then, you have so lost a father
你还得错过一个丈夫
that you must lose a husband.
放心吧 勃艮第
Peace be with Burgundy.
既然你如此喜爱财产和权力
Since that respects and fortune are his love,
我也不愿做你的妻子
I shall not be his wife.
美丽的考狄利娅 你看似贫穷实则富有
Fairest Cordelia, that art most rich being poor,
你被人抛弃 实则最为宝贵
most choice forsaken and most loved despised,
你遭人轻视 却为我所最爱
thee and thy virtues here I seize upon,
人弃我取又有何不可
be it lawful I take up what’s cast away.
陛下 这正好成全了我的良缘
Thy dowerless daughter, King, thrown to my chance,
您没有妆奁的女儿既属我有 便是我法兰西的皇后
is queen of us, of ours and our fair France.
肥沃之邦勃艮第所有的公爵
Not all the dukes of waterish Burgundy
都不能从我手里将这无价的姑娘买♥♥去
can buy this unprized, precious maid of me.
考狄利娅 和他们告别吧
Bid them farewell, Cordelia,
虽然他们这般冷酷无情
though unkind,
你抛弃了故国 却会得到一个更好的家乡
thou losest here, a better where to find.
那法兰西王 你把她带走吧
Thou hast her, France – let her be thine,
我没有这样的女儿
for we have no such daughter,
也不想再看见她了
nor will ever see that face of hers again.
所以 去吧
Therefore, be gone,
也别想得到我的恩宠和祝福
without our grace, our love, our benison.
来 尊贵的勃艮第公爵
Come, noble Burgundy.
和你两位姐姐告别吧
Bid farewell to your sisters.
父亲的两位宝贝
The jewels of our father,
考狄利娅含泪向你们告别了
with washed eyes Cordelia leaves you.
我知道你们是什么样的人
I know you what you are,
但碍着姐妹的情分
and like a sister I am most loath to call
我不愿指出你们的错误
your faults as they are named.
好好对待父亲
Love well our father!
你们说了要照顾他 我把他托付给你们
To your professed bosom I commit him,
但若我还得他的宠爱
but yet, alas, stood I within his grace,
我会给他更好的晚年
I would prefer him to a better place.
再见了 二位
Farewell to you both.
我们用不着你来教训
Prescribe not us our duty.
你小心服侍你丈夫去吧
Let your study be to content your lord,
他是因为怜悯才娶你的
who hath received you at fortune’s alms.
你不懂孝顺服从
You have obedience scanted,
活该讨了这一场冷落无趣
and well are worth the want that you have wanted.
你们的奸诈邪恶迟早会被揭穿的
Time shall unfold what plighted cunning hides,
罪恶可以掩饰一时 但最后免不了出乖露丑
who covert faults at last with shame derides.
但愿你们成功
Well may you prosper.
来 我美丽的考狄利娅
Come, my fair Cordelia.
妹妹 我有许多与我们两个切身相关的话
Sister, it is not a little I have to say of what most nearly
要和你说
appertains to us both.
我想我们父亲今晚就要走了
I think our father will hence tonight.
那是一定的
That’s most certain,
他要去你们那里住 下个月则同我们住
and with you, next month with us.
你看他年老了变得多么喜怒无常啊
You see how full of changes his age is.
他一向最爱我们的妹妹
He always loved our sister most;
现在他毫无道理地
and with what poor judgement
把她抛弃就足以证明了
he hath now cast her off appears too grossly.
这正是他年老糊涂的地方
‘Tis the infirmity of his age;
不过他一向不大清醒
yet he hath ever but slenderly known himself.
他年轻时也是鲁莽冲动的
The best and soundest of his time hath been but rash;
现在他上了年纪
then, must we look to receive from his years;
我们不仅要忍♥受他长年累月的坏性子
not alone the imperfections of long-engrafted condition,
还要忍♥受那随着年纪增长
but, therewithal the unruly waywardness
愈演愈烈的喜怒无常的暴脾气
that infirm and choleric years bring with them.
我们也免不了要遭受他的无理取闹
Such unconstant starts are we like to have from him
就像刚刚肯特被逐那样
as this of Kent’s banishment.
我们合作吧
Pray you, let us hit together:
假如父亲还按平常的性子作威作福
if our father carry authority with such disposition as he bears,
那他退位对我们都没有好处
this last surrender of his will but offend us.
这个我们从长计议
We shall further think of it.
我们得赶紧想想办法 打铁要趁热
We must do something, and in the heat.
大自然 你才是我的神明
Thou, Nature, art my goddess;
我只愿尊从你的律法
to thy law my services are bound.
为什么我要忍♥受
Wherefore should I stand
世俗的排挤
in the plague of custom,
让世人的歧视剥夺我应享的权利
and permit the curiosity of nations to deprive me,
只因为我比我的哥哥晚出生一年
for that I am some 12 or 14 moonshines
或十四个月
lag of a brother?
为什么叫我私生子
Why bastard?
我凭什么低人一等
Wherefore base?
我也体格强健
When my dimensions are as well compact,
也胸襟宽敞 容貌端正
my mind as generous, and my shape as true
哪一点比不上正经女人生下的儿子
as honest madam’s issue?
为什么他们要给我加上庶出
Why brand they us with base?
贱种 私生子的恶名
With baseness, bastardy?
贱种 贱种
Base, base?!
难道在热烈而兴奋的奸♥情♥里
Who in the lusty stealth of nature
得天地精华父母元气生下的孩子
take more composition and fierce quality
比不上拥着一个索然无味的老婆
than doth within a dull, stale, tired bed,
在半睡半醒之间制♥造♥出来的
go to the creating a whole tribe of fops,
那帮蠢货
got ‘tween a sleep and wake?
好吧
Well then,
嫡出的爱德加 我一定要得到你的产业
Legitimate Edgar, I must have your land.
我们的父亲对私生子爱德蒙的爱
Our father’s love is to the bastard Edmund
并不比对嫡子的爱少
as to the legitimate.
“嫡子” 多好听的名词
Fine word, “Legitimate”!
我嫡生的哥哥 要是这封信成功
Well, my legitimate, if this letter speed,
我的计划顺利
and my invention thrive,
庶出的爱德蒙就将压倒嫡子
Edmund the base shall top the legitimate!
我将扬眉吐气
I grow, I prosper.
上帝啊 帮帮私生子吧
Now, gods, stand up for bastards!
肯特被逐 法兰西王盛怒而去
Kent banished thus! And France in choler parted!
国王今晚启程
And the King gone tonight!
这些事竟都如此仓促
All this done upon the gad!
爱德蒙 怎么 有什么消息
Edmund, how now, what news?
启禀父亲 没有什么
So please your lordship, none.
为什么急急忙忙地把信收起来
Why so earnestly seek you to put up that letter?
没有的事
I know no news, my lord.
你在看什么
What paper were you reading?
真的没什么
Nothing, my lord.
没有 那你何必
No? What needed then
慌慌张张地把它藏进口袋里
that terrible dispatch of it into your pocket?
既然没有什么 何必藏起来
The quality of nothing hath no such need to hide itself.
来 给我看看
Let’s see, come.
要是真没有什么 我眼镜都不用戴
If it be nothing, I shall not need spectacles.
父亲 请您见谅
I beseech you, sir, pardon me.
这是哥哥写给我的一封信 我还没读完
It is a letter from my brother that I have not all o’erread,
就我已经看到的来说
and for so much as I have perused,
我想还是不要让您看到的好
I find it not fit for your o’er-looking.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!