滚 别让我看见你
Hence, and avoid my sight!
既然你我现在没有关系了
So be my grave my peace,
就让坟墓做我的安息之所吧
as here I give her father’s heart from her!
传法兰西国王来 来人 传勃艮第公爵
Call France. Who stirs? Call Burgundy.
康华尔 奥本尼
Cornwall and Albany,
除了我两位女儿的嫁妆 这三分之一也给你们
with my two daughters’ dowers, digest this third.
让她嫁给傲慢 和她所谓的真实吧
Let pride, which she calls plainness, marry her.
我把权力 地位
I do invest you jointly with my power,
以及君主的尊荣一并给了你们两人
pre-eminence and all the large effects that troop with majesty.
至于我自己
Ourself by monthly course,
我只留一百名侍卫
with reservation of an hundred knights
由你们供养
by you to be sustained,
按月轮流去跟你们住
shall our abode make with you by due turn,
我只留下国王的名号♥
only we shall retain the name,
和一切虚衔
and all the addition to a king,
至于政♥权♥ 税收 和生杀大权
the sway, revenue, execution of the rest,
都由两位贤婿掌管
beloved sons, be yours,
为了证实此话 这顶王冠给你俩分享
which to confirm, this coronet part between you.
陛下 我一向敬您为我的君主
Royal Lear, whom I have ever honoured as my king,
如父亲般爱您 如主上般尊您
loved as my father, as my master followed,
在祈祷时将您奉做恩人
as my great patron thought on in my prayers…
弓已经引满待发 留心躲开箭锋吧
The bow is bent and drawn, make from the shaft.
让箭射下来吧
Let it fall rather,
哪怕正中我的心脏
though the fork invade the region of my heart,
李尔发狂 肯特也只能无礼了
be Kent unmannerly when Lear is mad!
你想要怎么样 老头子
What wouldst thou do, old man?
你以为当权者听信阿谀之时
Think’st thou that duty shall have dread to speak,
正直臣子就不敢诤谏了吗
when power to flattery bows?
君王昏聩时
To plainness honour’s bound
臣子更该直谏
when majesty stoops to folly.
保留你的王位吧
Reverse thy state,
请您三思 收回这草率的成命
And in thy best consideration check this hideous rashness.
我冒死直陈
Answer my life, my judgement,
你的小女儿并非最不爱你
thy youngest daughter does not love thee least,
没有口若悬河
nor are those empty-hearted,
并非无情无义
whose low sounds reverb no hollowness.
肯特 想活命就闭嘴
Kent, on thy life, no more.
我本就是一颗卒子
My life I never held but as a pawn
是用来替你挡敌人的
to wage against thine enemies,
为了你的安全 我不害怕丧命
ne’er fear to lose it, thy safety being the motive.
滚 别让我见到你
Out of my sight!
擦亮眼睛 李尔
See better, Lear,
还是让我留在你的面前吧
and let me still remain the true blank of thine eye.
阿波罗在上
Now by Apollo…
阿波罗在上 陛下
Now by Apollo, King,
你赌咒也没用
thou swear’st thy gods in vain!
可恶的奴才
O vassal! Miscreant!
-陛下 -请息怒
– Dear sir… – Forbear!
杀吧 杀了你的医生
Do, kill thy physician,
让你的恶疾一天比一天严重
and thy fee bestow upon the foul disease.
收回你的成命吧
Revoke thy gift,
否则 但凡我还有一口气
or whilst I can vent clamour from my throat
我也要告诉你 你是错的
I’ll tell thee thou dost evil.
听着 逆贼
Hear me, recreant,
如果你还是臣子 你就听着
on thine allegiance, hear me –
我的旨意不容更改
that thou hast sought to make us break our vows,
你凭着跋扈想要我反悔
which we durst never yet, and with strained pride
对我的命令和权力妄加干预
to come betwixt our sentencing and our power,
使我忍♥无可忍♥
which nor our nature, nor our place can bear,
为了王命的尊严 不得不处置你
our potency made good, take thy reward.
给你五天时间打点衣食
Five days we do allot thee for provision,
以免挨饿受冻
to shield thee from disasters of the world,
第六天 面目可憎如你要离开我的王国
and on the sixth to turn thy hated back upon our kingdom.
若是之后
If on the next day following
仍在我们的领土看到你的踪迹
thy banished trunk is found in our dominions…
就将你当场处死
the moment is thy death.

Away!
朱庇特神在上 这一旨意不得更改
By Jupiter, this shall not be revoked.
永别了 陛下 既然如此
Why, fare thee well, King, since thus thou wilt appear,
这里已无自♥由♥ 我留下也与囚徒无异
freedom lives hence and banishment is here.
姑娘 你心术纯正 说话真诚
The gods to their dear shelter take thee, maid,
自有神明为你庇护
that justly think’st and hast most rightly said.
愿你们用行动证明自己夸下的海口
And your large speeches may your deeds approve,
甜言蜜语结出爱的果实
that good effects may spring from words of love.
各位王子 肯特就此告辞
Thus Kent, O princes, bids you all adieu –
到新的国土走他的旧路
he’ll shape his old course in a country new.
陛下 法兰西王和勃艮第公爵来了
Here’s France and Burgundy, my noble lord.
勃艮第公爵
My lord of Burgundy,
我先问你
we first address toward you,
你和这位国王都来向我的女儿求婚
who with this king hath rivalled for our daughter.
你希望她有多少陪嫁
What in the least will you require in present dower with her,
否则便放弃向她求婚
or cease your quest of love?
尊敬的陛下
Most royal majesty,
照着您承诺的数目 我就满足了
I crave no more than hath your highness offered.
想来陛下也不会吝惜少给吧
Nor will you tender less?
勃艮第公爵
Right noble Burgundy,
她被我宠爱的时候 我把她捧在掌心
when she was dear to us, we did hold her so,
但她的身价一落千丈了
but now her price is fallen.
公爵 她就站在那儿
Sir, there she stands –
卑微渺小 我什么都不给她
If aught within that little seeming substance,
除了我的厌恶憎恨
or all of it, with our displeasure pieced,
如果你仍然觉得喜欢她
and nothing more, may fitly like your grace,
她就在那儿 直接领走就好
she’s there, and she is yours.
我不知该如何回答
I know no answer.
她有许多的缺陷
Sir, will you, with those infirmities she owes,
没有亲友的照顾 又遭到我的憎恨
unfriended, new adopted to our hate,
我以诅咒作她的嫁妆 与她断绝了关系
dowered with our curse and strangered with our oath,
你究竟是要她还是不要
take her or leave her?
陛下 请原谅
Pardon me, royal sir –
这种情形之下 我很难取舍
election makes not up on such conditions.
那不要她就是了
Then leave her, sir!
上帝在上
For, by the power that made me,
你已经知道她所拥有的全部
I tell you all her wealth.
至于您 伟大的国王
For you, great king,
我不愿辜负你的厚爱
I would not from your love make such a stray,
把一个我所憎恶的人嫁给你为妻
to match you where I hate, therefore beseech you
恳请您还是把这个贱♥人♥丢开
to avert your liking a more worthier way
另寻佳偶去吧 作为父亲
than on a wretch whom nature is ashamed
我都羞于承认她是我的骨肉
almost to acknowledge hers.
这太奇怪了
This is most strange,
刚才她还是你眼中的珍宝
that she who even but now was your best object,
你赞美的对象 老年的安慰
the argument of your praise, balm of your age,
最好最爱的女儿 怎么一转眼
the best, the dearest, should in this trice of time
就犯下了不知什么大错
commit a thing so monstrous,
失去了深恩厚爱
to dismantle so many folds of favour.
她犯下的错肯定是伤天害理
Sure, her offence must be of such unnatural degree that
才让你之前的宠爱起了变化
monsters it, or your fore-vouched affection fallen into taint –
除非是发生奇迹
which to believe of her
不然我的理性绝不能使我相信
must be a faith that reason without miracle
她真犯下这样的错
should never plant in me.
我仍恳求陛下
I yet beseech Your Majesty,
恳求陛下宣布此事的原委
if for I want that glib and oily art
我只是不会花言巧语
to speak and purpose not –
我有心要做的事 我必先言后行
since what I well intend, I’ll do it before I speak –
我没有污点秽行 没有杀人放火
that you make known it is no vicious blot, murder, or foulness,
更没有不贞 也没有失足
nor unchaste action or dishonoured step,
我之所以失了您的宠爱
that hath deprived me of your grace and favour,
不过是因为我不会
but even for want of that for which I am richer,
双眼献媚或巧舌如簧
a still-soliciting eye and such a tongue
我很庆幸我没有这些东西
that I am glad I have not –

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!