但他也受了致命伤
But not without that harmful stroke
随后便死了
which since hath plucked him after.
这就证明
This shows you are above,
苍天尚有公理 下届的罪恶这样快地
you justicers, that these our nether crimes
遭到了报复
so speedily can venge.
但可怜的葛罗斯特 他的那只眼也失去了吗
But, O, poor Gloucester, lost he his other eye?
他失去了双目 大人
Both, both, my lord.
这封信需要您立刻答复 夫人
This letter, madam, craves a speedy answer.
是您的妹妹写来的
‘Tis from your sister.
我看过之后就回复
I’ll read and answer.
他们挖他眼睛的时候 他儿子在哪
Where was his son when they did take his eyes?
随着夫人来了这里
Come with my lady hither.
他现在没在这里
He is not here.
是的大人 我遇见他又回去了
No, my good lord, I met him back again.
他知道这件恶毒之事吗
Knows he the wickedness?
知道的 大人 就是他给告发的
Ay, my good lord, ’twas he informed against him
故意离开家里好让他们
and quit the house on purpose that their punishment
自♥由♥处置他父亲
might have the freer course.
葛罗斯特 我此生的目标
Gloucester, I live to thank thee
就是要报答你对国王的忠诚
for the love thou showd’st the King
并为你对双眼报仇
and to revenge thine eyes.
过来 朋友 把你知道的都告诉我
Come hither, friend, tell me what more thou know’st.
就是他
Alack, ’tis he.
方才有人遇见他时 他像汹涌的大海般疯狂
Why, he was met even now as mad as the vexed sea,
高声歌♥唱着
singing aloud,
戴着地烟草 莠草 荆棘
crowned with rank fumiter and furrow-weeds,
毒芹 荨麻 杜♥鹃♥花 毒麦
with burdock, hemlock, nettles, cuckoo-flowers,
以及一切在粮谷中间生长的
darnel and all the idle weeds
乱草编织成的王冠
that grow In our sustaining corn.
派一百个人去
A century send forth.
搜查每一亩丰盛的田地
Search every acre in the high-grown field
把他带过来
and bring him to our eye.
若要恢复他受创的神经 我们能怎么做
What can man’s wisdom in the restoring his bereaved sense?
能治好他的人 我把所有财产送给他
He that helps him take all my outward worth.
是有法子的 夫人
There are means, madam.
安眠是我们人体的营养物
The foster nurse of nature is repose,
这也正是他缺乏的 有许多药能够
the which he lacks, that to provoke in him
催他安眠
are many simples operative,
足以使他阖上痛苦的双眼
whose power will close the eye of anguish.
那神秘的灵丹妙药
All blest secrets.
大地上所蕴藏的未知的解药 受了我
All you unpublished virtues of the earth,
泪水的浸润便滋长出来吧
spring with my tears.
快来治好这个好人的苦楚
Be aidant and remediate in the good man’s distress.
去 快去找他 否则他发作起来
Seek, seek for him, lest his ungoverned rage
会伤了他那失去了理性引导的性命
dissolve the life that wants the means to lead it.
报告 夫人
News, madam –
不列颠的军队正往这里进发
the British powers are marching hitherward.
早已知道了
‘Tis known before.
我们正在严阵以待
Our preparation stands in expectation of them.
亲爱的父亲 我现在做的事是为了你
O dear father, it is thy business that I go about.
我们动兵并非激于野心
No blown ambition doth our arms incite,
而是为了爱 亲挚的爱
but love, dear love,
以及我的老父的权利
and our aged father’s right.
但愿我早些寻到他 见到他
Soon may I hear and see him.
我姐夫的军队出发了吗
But are my brother’s powers set forth?
-是的 夫人 -他亲自出马吗
– Ay, madam. – Himself in person there?
夫人 很费了一番事 你姐姐反而更勇敢
Madam, with much ado. Your sister is the better soldier.
爱德蒙伯爵没在家跟你主人谈话吗
Lord Edmund spake not with your lord at home?
没有夫人
No, madam.
我姐姐写给他的信会是为了什么事呢
What might import my sister’s letters to him?
我不知道 夫人
I know not, lady.
老实告诉你 他为了要紧的事匆忙走了
Faith, he is posted hence on serious matter.
葛罗斯特眼瞎了 还留他活着
It was great ignorance, Gloucester’s eyes being out,
实在是蠢极了
to let him live.
他无论去哪都会激起所有人反对我们
Where he arrives he moves all hearts against us.
爱德蒙此去 我想
Edmund, I think, is gone,
大约是怜悯他的苦痛去结果他的暮年
in pity of his misery to dispatch his nighted life.
并且 更可能是去侦查敌人的兵力
Moreover, to descry the strength of the enemy.
我一定要拿着这封信去追他 夫人
I must needs after him, madam, with my letter.
你和我们留在这里 路上很危险
Stay with us. The ways are dangerous.
不行 夫人 我的女主人命我办好这件事
I may not, madam. My lady charged my duty in this business.
她给爱德蒙写信会是为了什么呢
Why might she write to Edmund?
你不能口头把她的意思说一遍吗
Might not you transport her purposes by word?
大概是 我不不知道
Belike – some things, I know not what…
我会跟感激你的
..I’ll love thee much.
-让我打开这封信吧 -夫人 我还是
– Let me unseal the letter. – Madam, I had rather…
我知道你的女主人不爱她的丈夫
I know your lady does not love her husband,
我很确定
I am sure of that.
上次她在此地时 对爱德蒙
And at her late being here she gave strange glances
不断地眉目传情
and most speaking looks to noble Edmund.
我知道你是她的心腹
I know you are of her bosom.
-我吗 夫人 -我这么说是有根据的
– I, madam? – I speak in understanding,
你是她的心腹 我知道
you are, I know it.
因此我劝你 要注意这一点
Therefore I do advise you take this note.
我的丈夫死了
My lord is dead.
爱德蒙和我已经谈过了
Edmund and I have talked,
他和我结婚要比和你的女主人结婚
and more convenient is he for my hand
更方便一些
than for your lady’s.
你可以自己忖量一下
You may gather more.
你若是遇到他 请把这个给他
If you do find him, pray you give him this.
当你的夫人听到你的报告的时候
And when your mistress hears thus much from you,
我希望她能够多理智一些
I pray desire her call her wisdom to her.
再会吧
So fare you well.
你如果恰好听到那个瞎眼叛徒的下落
If you do chance to hear of that blind traitor,
你要知道谁杀死他谁就受赏
preferment falls on him that cuts him off.
如果我见到他 夫人
Would I could meet him, madam,
我会表明我的立场
I should show what party I do follow.
再会
Fare thee well.
我什么时候才能登上那山顶
When… When shall I come to the top of that same hill?
你现在就在爬着山呢 看我们多吃力
You do climb up it now. Look how we labour.
-我以为路的平的 -陡得可怕
– Methinks the ground is even. – Horrible steep.
听 你听见海声了吗
Hark, do you hear the sea?
没有 真的
No, truly.
那么 你应该是因为眼痛所以
Why then, your other senses grow imperfect
其他感官也不灵了
by your eyes’ anguish.
也许真是这样
So might it be indeed.
我觉得你的声音变了 你现在说话
Methinkest thy voice is altered and thou speak’st
比方才来得有条理
in better phrase and matter than thou didst.
你错了 除了衣服之外
You’re much deceived – in nothing am I changed
我什么也没有变
but in my garments.
-我觉得你说话好一些 -来吧 先生
– Methinks you’re better spoken. – Come on, sir.
就是这里
Here’s the place.
站稳了
Stand still.
向这样深的地方看下去是多么眩晕可怕
How fearful and dizzy ’tis to cast one’s eyes so low.
半空中飞着的乌鸦和赤脚鸦
The crows and choughs that wing the midway air
还没有甲虫那么大
show scarce so gross as beetles.
半山腰悬着一个采药草的人
Half-way down Hangs one that gathers samphire,
好可怕的事业
dreadful trade.
我想他现在也就和他的头那般大
Methinks he seems no bigger than his head.
走在岸上的渔人
The fishermen that walk upon the beach
像是老鼠
appear like mice,
那边停着的高船像是一只小舢板
and yon tall anchoring barque diminished to her cock,
那舢板又像是无法辨识的浮标
her cock a buoy almost too small for sight.
潺潺的水波
The murmuring surge
冲在无数的碎石上
that on th’unnumbered idle pebbles chafes,
在这么高的地方是听不到的
cannot be heard so high.
我不能再看了 否则看得我
I’ll look no more, lest my brain turn
头晕要栽倒下去
and the deficient sight topple down headlong.
领我到你站着的地方
Set me where you stand.
把手给我
Give me your hand.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!