给您请安了 陛下
Hail to thee, noble master.
你在把这羞耻当消遣吗
Mak’st thou this shame thy pastime?
不 陛下
No, my lord.

Ha, ha, look…
他戴着痛苦的吊袜带
he wears cruel garters.
认错人了 谁把你锁在这里的
What’s he that so much thy place mistook to set thee here?
是他们 您的女婿和女儿
It is both he and she, your son and daughter.

No.

Yes.
我说 不
No, no, I say.
我说 是
I say, yea.
不不 他们不会的
No, no, they would not.
是 他们就那么做了
Yes, they have.
我对朱庇特神发誓 不
By Jupiter, I swear, no.
我对朱诺发誓 是
By Juno, I swear, ay.
他们不敢那么做
They durst not do it.
他们不可能 不会那么做的
They could not, would not do it –
这么不敬
’tis worse than murder
比谋杀更严重
to do upon respect such violent outrage.
赶快告诉我
Resolve me with all modest haste
你奉了我的命令前来 究竟做了什么要受罚
which way thou mightst deserve or they impose this usage,
还是他们强加的
coming from us.
陛下 我把您的信
My lord, when at their home
送去他们家的时候
I did commend your highness’ letters to them,
在我跪着还没站起时
Ere I was risen from the place that showed my duty kneeling,
来了一个臭烘烘的信使
came there a reeking post,
急匆匆地 喘着气
Stewed in his haste, half breathless,
说替他的女主人高纳里尔带来致意
panting forth from Goneril, his mistress, salutations.
不管不顾打断我的公事 递交书信
Delivered letters, spite of intermission,
他们当即阅读了
which presently they read.
看完信之后
On those contents,
召集人马 牵出马匹
summoned up their people, straight took horse,
命令我跟随他们
Commanded me to follow
等待他们的回应 还不给我好脸色
and attend the leisure of their answer, gave me cold looks.
然后我在这里见到了那个信使
And meeting here the other messenger,
于是我明白了正是因为他的到来毁了我的事情
Whose welcome I perceived had poisoned mine,
而他正是最近对您无礼的
Being the very fellow that of late displayed
那位老兄
so saucily against your highness.
我是有勇无谋的人 因此我对他拔剑相向
Having more man than wit about me, drew.
恁个胆小鬼立马大喊大叫 吵出了所有人
He raised the house with loud and coward cries.
您的女婿女儿认为因此我应当
Your son and daughter found this trespass worth the shame
受到这种屈辱
which here it suffers.
倘若大雁尚未北飞 则冬天尚未结束
Winter’s not gone yet, if the wild geese fly that way.
一阵酸楚涌上心头
O, how this mother swells up toward my heart!
歇斯底里的情绪
Hysterica passio,
压住了 爬上心头的悲伤
down, thou climbing sorrow,
给我压住了
thy element’s below.
我女儿在哪里
Where is this daughter?
陛下 和伯爵一起在里面
With the Earl, sir, here within.
不用跟着我
Follow me not.
待在这里
Stay here.
国王带来的人怎么会这么少
How chance the King comes with so small a number?
如果你是因为问这个问题被上脚枷
If thou hadst been set I’the stocks for that question,
那也不冤
thou had well deserved it.
为什么 傻子
Why, fool?
除了盲人 人们都是靠眼睛来引路
All who follow their noses are led by their eyes
而非鼻子
but blind men,
二十个鼻子里也没有一个鼻子
and there’s not a nose among 20
闻不出到倒霉人的臭味
but can smell him that’s stinking.
当巨轮滚下山时 就放手吧
Let go thy hold when a great wheel runs down a hill
如若拉着它则会摔断脖子
lest it break thy neck with following it,
但当巨轮向上走时
but the great one that goes upwards,
则要跟着抓紧
let him draw thee after.
如若有智者给你更好的建议 那就忘了我说的吧
When a wise man gives thee better counsel give me mine again.
傻瓜的话
I’ll have none but knaves follow it,
只配混♥蛋♥听
for a fool gives it.
*为谋利而来投效的人*
*That sir which serves and seeks for gain*
*表面上左右跟随*
*And follows but for form*
*一下雨便开始打包行李*
*Will pack when it begins to rain*
*在风暴中离去*
*And leave thee in the storm*
*但是我会停留*
*But I will tarry,*
*傻子会留下*
*the fool will stay*
*让智者远走*
*And let the wise man fly*
*逃走的臣仆才是傻子*
*The knave turns fool that runs away*
*傻子真不是无赖*
*The fool no knave perdy.*
小丑 你在哪学的这个
Where learned you this, fool?
反正不是在脚枷里 笨蛋
Not I’the stocks, fool.
拒绝和我说话
Deny to speak with me?
他们病了 累了
They are sick, they are weary.
他们赶了一夜的路
They have travelled all night?
再去问话
Fetch me a better answer.
陛下
My dear lord,
你知道公爵的暴脾气
You know the fiery quality of the Duke,
他多么一意孤行 倔强固执
How unremoveable and fixed he is n his own course.
报应啊 倒霉 可恨 可恶
Vengeance, plague, death, confusion!
暴躁 什么脾气
Fiery? What quality?
为什么 葛罗斯特 葛罗斯特
Why, Gloucester, Gloucester,
我要和康华尔公爵和他的妻子说话
I’d speak with the Duke of Cornwall and his wife.
陛下 我已经跟他们说过了
Well, my good lord, I have informed them so.
说过了
Informed them?
你明白我的意思吗
Dost thou understand me, man?
是的 陛下
Ay, my good lord.
国王要和康华尔说话
The King would speak with Cornwall,
父亲要和他的女儿说话
the dear father would with his daughter speak.
这是命令 是义务 是职责
Commands – tends – service.
他们是否知晓
Are they informed of this?
我这满腔热血啊
My breath and blood!
暴躁
Fiery?
暴躁的公爵 告诉暴躁的公爵李尔…
The fiery Duke, tell the hot Duke that Lear…
不 等等
No, but not yet…
也许他是病了
Maybe he is not well.
虚弱确实会令人忽略
Infirmity doth still neglect all office
健康时应尽的责任
whereto our health is bound.
是我的错 那他又为什么被禁在这里
Death on my state! Wherefore should he sit here?
把我的仆人放出来
Give me my servant forth.
去告诉公爵和他的妻子我要和他们说话
Go tell the Duke and’s wife I’d speak with them,
立刻马上 吩咐他们前来听我说话
Now, presently. Bid them come forth and hear me,
否则我将到他们门前击鼓
or at their chamber door I’ll beat the drum
让他们睡不着
till it cry sleep to death.
但愿你们相安无事
I would have all well betwixt you.
我的心啊
O me, my heart!
怒气攻心
My rising heart!
平息吧
But down!
喊出来吧 老伯
Cry to it, Nuncle,
就像厨娘将活鳗鱼
as the cockney did to the eels
放进面糊里
when she put ’em I’the paste alive,
然后用棍子敲在它们头上
she knapped ’em o’the coxcombs with a stick,
叫到”下去 混账 下去”
and cried “Down, wantons, down!”
倒是她的兄弟对他的马心存善意
‘Twas her brother that in pure kindness to his horse
给他的草料加了黄油
buttered his hay.
两位早上好
Good morrow to you both.
给陛下请安
Hail to your grace!
很高兴见到您 陛下
I am glad to see your highness.
芮根 我想你确实高兴
Regan, I think you are.
我也有理由这么认为
I know what reason I have to think so.
如若你不高兴
If thou shouldst not be glad,
我得和你已故的母亲离婚
I’d divorce me from thy mother’s tomb,
把她的坟墓视为淫♥妇♥的丘陇
sepulchring an adultress.
放你出来了
O, are you free?
这事稍后再说
Some other time for that.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!