正是 你根本不该质疑这个
Exactly, you should not have questioned it!
听到他的答复之后 我继续说 接下来一小时
Having heard his answer I went on that in an hour
我会径直开过林荫路
I’ll drive straight down The Mall
进入守卫着的大门
and enter through the guarded gates.
然后我将在庭院内环行
I then intend to go around the yard
如果看到有一辆坦克
and if, I said, there is a tank,
我将敕令警♥察♥将坦克移开
I’ll ask the men in blue that they do move it off
因为他们那样
because it is a danger
将这种致命武器对准人群实属危险
having such a deadly weapon aimed towards the crowd.
当我信守诺言驶过林荫路时
And when as promised I drove down The Mall,
伫立两旁的警♥察♥
police on either side,
都想着人群看见后会袭击我的座驾
expecting that the crowd would see me and attack the car,
然而当看清是谁在行驶后
instead they saw who steered
人群中却腾出路让我们通行
and parted there to let us through.
而当我们穿行在这些抗♥议♥人群中间时
And as we went between the mob,
一阵寂静骤然降临
a silence briefly fell upon them all.
奇怪至极
It was most strange.
他们停下来目送我们经过
They stopped and watched us go…
大门在我们身后关闭
..And as the gates did close behind us,
这时 一个女孩儿突然叫喊
one girl called out,
“你告诉他 威廉”
“You tell him, Will”
所以我必须告诉您
And so I must.
必须告诉我 什么
Must tell me… what?
您做了决定 已经无路可退
You can’t go back from your decision now.
我同意 现在后退将会终结一切
Agreed, retreating now would be the end.
您却也无法前行
And yet you can’t progress,
议会绝不会如您所愿重新选举 – 我们拭目以待
the Parliament will never hold elections as you wish. – We’ll see!
所以我提议在加冕日
So I propose on coronation day,
圣坛上摆放两张王座 旁边的托垫上
we have two thrones upon the dais placed, and sat on cushions
放两顶王冠等待被王室成员所戴
next to them are two crowns awaiting royal heads to rest.
两张王座与两顶王冠
Two thrones, two crowns?
英国和英联邦不可能
It is not possible for Britain and the Commonwealth to have,
如你所说 同时由两个国王来统治
as you suggest, two Kings in tandem rule.
不 不是两个国王 是国王和王后
No, not two Kings. A King and Queen.
噢 你是指卡米拉
Oh, you mean Camilla?
噢 我们已经讨论过
Oh, oft we have discussed…
不是卡米拉
Camilla, no.
那你言下何意
Then what DO you intend?
因为如果如我所想的那样
Cos if it’s what I think
那么你将必须亲口说出你的背叛之辞
then you must speak the words of treachery yourself
用此番显露无疑的背叛打击你的父亲
and shank your father with a full and clear betrayal.
我是说应由我和凯特坐上王位
I mean myself and Kate are crowned instead.
那我该如何
And what of me?
我就站在旁边
I simply stand aside?
您提出 退位
You offer… abdication
并解释自从担此重任后
and explain since taking on the role,
您感觉自己力不从心
you’ve felt your age.
从你的脸上我认出了一些东西
There’s something in your face I recognise.
我曾在戴安娜脸上见过
It was Diana… where I saw it last,
我本以为它已经跟她一起死去
and I had hoped that it had died with her.
但是它还在这儿 在你身体里 潜藏的野心
But here it is, in you, ambition lurks!
我以我的野心为骄傲
I’m proud of that ambition,
我以她为傲
I’m proud of her…
她 未经世事 如此年轻便委身于人
who, plucked so young, before she knew the world,
将自己置身于一群豺狼饿虎之中
and thrust into a den of lions keen for meat,
孤立无援
was given no protection.
您背弃我的母亲 抛弃了她 诋毁她的名誉
You cast my mum aside, discarded and destroyed her by repute.
不 那时我爱着你的母亲
No, I loved your mother at the time
我竭尽全力保护你免受伤害
and did my very best to make sure you weren’t harmed!
您就把这话刻墓碑上吧
And that will be your tombstone
“我尽力了 至少我试了”
“I did my best. At least I tried.”
那是只求自己努力过而不顾后果
That’s a plea for effort rather than effect
您作为丈夫如此 作为儿子和父亲皆是如此
and that is you as husband, you as son, as father, too,
如今作为国王依然如此
and now as King.
但是我们对你的同情已耗尽干涸
But all our sympathy is withered up and dry.
这是一份工作
This is a job.
您本应该做好 但是您没有
You should’ve got it right and you did not.
注意你的言辞
Be careful what you say.
我对你的爱从未保留
You’ve always had my total love.
但我不会退位
I will not abdicate!
我不会退位
I will not abdicate!
忘恩负义的小子
Ungrateful boy!
我绝不会放弃我的王位 那是我的责任与使命
I’ll never give the Crown away. For me it’s duty and my calling,
我要完成的事业
things to do!
我知道 不要问怎么知道的
I know, don’t ask me how,
我将成为最伟大的国王
that I will be the greatest king of all.
最伟大的国王
The greatest king?!
确实如此
And so you shall.
因为他们将此事记载于史册时
For when they write the history books about this
他们将讲述这样的危机故事
they will tell stories crisis-like
讲述先女王去世后这段暴风雨般的日子
about the stormy days after the Queen had died
以及您如何挣扎于数周之久的深思
and how for weeks you contemplated hard
取舍着怎样才是正确且适宜的事
upon the right and proper thing to do,
而最后 为了人♥民♥的利益
and, in the end, decided for the good of all your people
以及他们长远的幸福 您将无私地退避
and their long-term happiness you would selflessly stand aside
将王位传递给 年轻的一代
and pass it on, to younger hands,
他们更受欢迎 也能有更长久的统治
more popular and with more time to reign.
我将作为统治者称王 而不是成为任人踩踏的脚垫
I will be King as ruler, not as doormat stepped across.
你出去
No, go!
我不想在这看见你
I don’t want to see you here!
陛下
Your Majesty…
我为今天感到遗憾
..This is a sorry day,
但是如果您不能在这个法案上签字
but if you cannot sign the law
那么您将必须让位给能够签字的人
you must make way for one who can.
我已经带来了正式的退位声明文件
I have brought here a document to state official abdication,
以达到我们共同的目标 稳定
so we can achieve a common goal – stability.
谁写的这份文件
Who made this thing?
今天由文职机构起草
The civil service drew it up today.
如此慌张就印出来了 这还有拼写错误
And printed out in haste – there are mistakes in spelling!
您是否签字
Will you sign?
我不会签字
I will not!
你手里拿着什么文件
What’s that document you’re holding there?
在我们咨♥询♥宪法专家之前 你最好什么都不要做
You must do nothing till we have consulted with the experts on the constitution.
我本以为哈里桀骜不驯
I thought it Harry that was wild,
但你已经远远超越了他最恶劣的行径
but you have now by far surpassed his worst excess.
卑鄙无♥耻♥的小人
A vile and nasty child.
我明白你和凯瑟琳也许
I realise you and Catherine
在小报上被人称作国王王后
are the king and queen of column inches
但在这 你们还只是公爵和公爵夫人
but you’re just a duke and duchess here!
国王就是国王 他不会签字
The King is King! He will not sign.
你对我们浅薄的想法不过证明
Your thin opinion of us demonstrates
你是多么不明就里与妒火中烧
how out of touch you are, and jealous, too.
我们的外表并非是残忍♥ 我们的年轻也不代表无知
Our looks don’t make us cruel, our youth is not an ignorance,
我们对着装追求细节 并不该被看作浮华不实
and detail in the way we dress should not be thought as vanity,
这是我们才能提供的特质
but as part of the substance only we provide.
报刊对我们的评价就意味着我们超群的影响力
Our column inches are the greatest influence we possess.
陛下 请签字 让这一切都结束吧
Majesty, sign, and bring an end to all this.
我的儿子 你的忠诚呢
My son, your loyalty!
人♥民♥已臣服于威廉
The people turn to William.
这是唯一的办法
This is the only way.
我相信
I am convinced.
哈里
Harry.
我的孩子 我的孩子们啊
My boys. My little boys.
你们一定是吓坏了
Of course you’re scared.
但是我知道我在做什么 来坐下 我们谈谈
But I know what I do, so sit, let’s talk.
我们会坐下 还是您的儿子
We’ll sit and be your sons.
但首先您必须退位
But first you abdicate.
如果我不退位
And if I don’t…
那我们将离去 是的 我们 凯特 孩子们 整个家庭
Then we will leave. Yes, us, and Kate, the children. Family all.
您不改变主意将不会再见到我们
You will not see us till you change your mind.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!