我知道了
I see.
当心点
Be careful.
我不太信任她
I do not trust her well.
陛下 请原谅我这么晚求见
Your Majesty, please forgive how late it is.
我并不想因与您今晚的会见 引起公众的注意
I was not keen to draw attention to the fact that we had a conference tonight.
我知道你不想
I’m sure you weren’t,
你已经义正辞严地批评了我的所作所为
since vocally you’ve been most critical of what I’ve done,
尽管一周前你还向我保证会全力支持我
despite a week before assuring me of your complete support.
请您原谅
Forgive me,
但我认为我所做的一切
but all I think I did was
都是为使民众意识到国王的权利
draw attention to your rights as King.
你可真有政客的口舌
A politician’s tongue you have indeed.
很晚了 我累了
It’s late. I’m tired.
直接说正题吧
Cut to the chase.
明天 埃文斯先生的法案将提交议会讨论
Tomorrow, Mr. Evans’ bill is read
指明任何法律不得因等待君主批准而迟迟未决
that makes it clear a law cannot be halted waiting for the King’s assent.
这项法案会通过 而一旦通过
This bill will pass, and when it does,
王室的话语权就会一去不复返
the Crown will lose the right to speak forever more.
我在想 陛下打算如何处理这件荒唐至极之事
So I had wondered what Your Majesty did plan to fix this far erroneous course.
因为 您看 投票就在明天
Because, you see, the vote’s tomorrow –
而对我来说 君主减少其影响力 并非乐事
and I for one would not be happy that the influence our monarch has is changed.
所以 你认为较好的方式是
Therefore, you think the better evil is
提笔签署那份卑劣腐♥败♥的法案吗
take pen and sign the wretched and corrupted bill?
国王拥有哪些特权由不得我来说
It is not up to me to tell the King what he has privilege to do,
但如果国王需要一点启发
but if he needed inspiration,
可以想想威廉四世是怎么处理类似问题的
he could mull how William IV resolved a not entirely different situation.
威廉四世
William IV?
我只是建议您可以研究一下历史
I just suggest you might research the past.
陛下
Your Majesty.
*在充满泪水的那一天里*
*Lacrimosa dies illa*
*当罪人从灰烬中起身*
*Qua resurget ex favilla*
*接受判决之时*
*Judicandus homo reus*
*我主 求你垂怜我*
*Huic ergo parce Deus*
你认为我不爱你
You think I didn’t love you.
这是错的
It’s not true.
戴安娜
Diana?
一个优柔寡断的人
An indecisive man,
且常常如此悲伤
and oft so sad,
将成为有史以来最伟大的国王
will be the greatest king we ever had.
*以泪洗面*
*Lacrimosa*
最伟大的国王
The greatest king?
你可从来不会起这么早
You’re never up this early in the morn
除非对你而言 昨晚还没结束
unless for you it’s still the night before.
我 我确信听到了一声尖叫
I’m… I’m sure I heard a scream.
我也听到了
So did I.
太像我们妈妈的声音
So like our mother’s voice.
可吓坏我了
It freaked me out.
我检查过了 没什么特别的
I’ve checked, there’s nothing going on.
是啊 就像我这一生
Well, that’s the story of my life.
有次醒来 我躺在床上想着 “我受够了”
Once woke, I lay and thought, “I’ve had enough.”
我们共享的这座宫殿是你的 不是我的
This appointed house we share is yours, not mine.
你会当上国王 凯特成为你的王后
You will be King, Kate your Queen.
即使我们的父亲正引起混乱
Even if our father’s making waves,
至少他还能有所选择 但我只能
at least he’s allowed to choose his course, but I just…
紧跟你后面 做一个橘发笑柄 毫无价值
chase your wake, a ginger joke, bereft of value.
父亲这样的做法 迟早让我们都成为笑柄
The way our father acts, the joke may be on all of us.
但接着 我看见手♥机♥上杰西给我发了条短♥信♥
But then, I saw my phone and found that Jess had sent a text
她说她认为我们不可能交往
which said she thought that it would never work.
她说她会让我难堪
She would embarrass me.
就我所知 我以为这个杰西卡让你感到开心呢
From what I’ve read, I thought this Jessica did cheer your mood?
你们俩在一起开心吗
The two of you had fun?
是的 她让我感到开心 但远不止于此
We have, she does – and not just fun.
我们做普通大众每日做的事情
We have done things that most do every day but…
我想这些事是有违我皇家身份的
I assumed were not within my compass Royal.
她让我的世界豁然开朗
She has unblinkered me,
开阔了我的眼界
and op’ed my eyes.
世界变得更加宽广 更加深邃而清晰 但是
The world is wider now, more depth and shape, but…
这种新的视角
with this new perspective,
似乎更让我感到受困
I do only seem more trapped…
受困于这样的家族
by this, the family.
以后你还能遇见很多女孩 一直不都是这样的
There will be girls to come, there’ve always been before.
她对我非同一般
She’s not just a girl.
如果我们父亲所引起的危机恶化
And if our father’s crisis black does shadow more,
我希望我可以 和以往一样 寻求你的帮助
I hope that I can turn, as I’ve always done, to you.
而你也会伴我左右 助我一臂之力
And you’ll be there, already at my side,
母亲让我俩许下的誓言现在依旧如宣誓当日一样坚定
the pact our mother made us make as resolute as on the day was sworn.
*以泪洗面*
*Lacrimosa*
*以泪洗面*
*Lacrimosa*
现在还不晚
It’s not too late.
只要马上过去
Just go at once and
让你的父亲认清他所造成的损害
persuade your father of the damage he inflicts.
凯瑟琳 我不能 – 你能的
Catherine, I cannot. – You can.
自妈妈死后
Since Mum died,
他一直想着我和哈里是否更忠于死去的母亲
he’s wondered if myself and Harry are more loyal to mother lost
甚于活着的年老的他
than to our father who survived and aged.
如果现在因这样的话题质疑他
To question him on such a subject now,
我相信 他会觉得自己腹背受敌
when he, I know, will be embattled and besieged,
立马将自己孤立开来
will in a second make him draw away.
相反 – 殿下
Instead… – Your Highness?
首相求见
The Prime Minister.
谢谢 让他进来
Thank you. Show him in.
回去睡吧 这里有我处理
Go back to bed and leave all this to me.
我不会离开的
I will not go.
你肯定将来有天会成为国王
For surely you’ll be King some day –
而那天我同样成为王后
but on that day I am as much the Queen
我可不想空有段皇室婚姻 却只能一言不发
and I do not intend to be a silent partner in that regal match.
刚刚 在睡觉的时候 你有听到一声尖叫吗
Before, when sleeping, did you hear a scream?
尖叫 什么尖叫
A scream? What scream?
埃文斯先生 您一大早就前来真是太好了
Good Mr. Evans, what a kindness shown to come at such an early hour thus.
恐怕我家人给您造成苦恼了
I fear my family does cause you pains.
夫人 说实话 是的
My lady, I cannot pretend that, yes,
如果英国是共和国 我这几周就能过个好日子了
my life would be a joy in recent weeks if Britain was republic.
你现今还想要召集所有议员
Today, you still intend to call together all the members of the House,
提议杜绝王室干涉立法吗
and then propose exclusion of the Crown from making law?
是的 理想情况下 我可以保留王室的这项职能
I do. Ideally, I’d preserve the role of the Crown.
但事态如此 我别无选择
But as things stand, I haven’t got a choice.
你能否考虑再等待一周
Would you consider waiting for a week,
给我父亲点时间让他改变主意
and giving time to let my father change?
我们已经等待了 他却并无改变
Already, we have waited, and he changes not.
如果威廉尽早去见他父亲呢
What if William went at earliest hour to see his father?
凯特 我不能去 – 几点投票
Kate, I can’t. – What time’s the vote?
11点整
It’s 11 o’clock.
我在想首相是否可以再试一次
I wonder if Prime Minister might have one more attempt?
你看 我觉得我父亲如果彻底了解就不会
See, I cannot think that if my father truly understood…
他已经了解得很彻底了 他不愿签
He comprehends it well. He will not sign.
我毫无选择
I have no choice.
我紧张的未来国王
My nervous future King,
你就在这什么都不做
it’s not just him or you you risk
并不是在拿你或他冒险
by sitting here and doing nothing thus –
是拿我们的孩子 我们孩子的孩子
it is our children, and their children hence,
还有之后一代代所有的王室成员在冒险
and after that all generations Royal that are to come.
他们都仰仗着你 要让你保护王室
They all do look to you, insisting you defend the Crown
不受这愚人放纵任性之害
against this fool’s indulgence.
这些没用的 他太骄傲了
It wouldn’t change a thing. He is too proud.
那就别只想着说服他
Then think not only of persuading him,
而是想个手段让他必须同意 – 什么手段
but finding lever so he must agree. – What lever?
我们得到的支持
The fact that both of us command support
大概比那年迈国王多三倍
that near thrice outweigh the aged King…
只要我们想 那大可开始等待登上那王座了
and if we wanted might begin to itch in waiting for the Throne.
我绝不会从父亲那夺权的
I will never step across my father’s right.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!