我觉得我们今天可以着手讨论一个
Er, today I thought we might commence by talking of a bill
需要您过目然后皇室批准的法案
about to land upon your desk that seeks the royal approval.
是吗 你是指什么法案
Yes? What bill do you mean?
限制机场跑道的快速扩张和未来增长
To limit future growth and mass expanse of runways.
环境指数显示 – 不好意思
What environmental checks… – You must excuse me,
虽然这件事需要我们的关注
much as this wants our attention,
我原以为我们会先 谈谈其他的事情
I had assumed we’d start with, erm, something else.
当然 任何您感兴趣的话题都行
Well, of course. Whichever subject you would like.
你那关于隐私的法案
Your bill concerning privacy,
限制了新闻舆♥论♥的自♥由♥
which sets restriction on the freedom of the press.
关于媒体的规章已经过时了
The regulation of the press we feel is overdue…
是的 我已经看了这个法案
Yes, I’ve, er, read the bill.
是吗 很好
Well, erm… Good.
你喜欢这个法律吗
You like this law?
我当然喜欢
I absolutely do.
您自己也一定明白新闻舆♥论♥能给人造成长久的创伤
You yourself must know the lasting wounds the press inflict.
未被证实的指控 非法途径获得的照片
Unproven accusations, photographs obtained by theft,
铺天盖地地出现在新闻头条
are daily ‘splayed as front page news.
你没想过这样会危及一项原则吗
You do not think a principle is here at stake?
事关我们自♥由♥的重要理念受到了威胁
There’s something vital to our sense of freedom is being risked.
陛下
Your Majesty,
我当然明白这个观点 我也仔细考虑过
of course I understand that view, and have myself considered
寻求一个平衡 但是
where the balance lay, but
但是现在有些事必须要做
there is opinion that something must be done.
这个法律才是你的人♥民♥想要的
The law is what your people want.
他们想要他们选举的领导人
They want the leaders they elected
站出来 并做出他们无法做出的选择
standing up and making choices they themselves cannot.
他们依法纳税 所以我们 或者是你
They pay their taxes well, so we – or you –
应该花时间去努力学习
may take the time to study hard
最终做出正确的决定
and make the right decision on the day.
我知道 我也这样做了
I know. I have –
而这正是我们所想的
and this is what we think.
我得说我的确很震惊
I have to say it does surprise
即使他们对您的人生做出了巨大干涉
that with the great intrusion they have made into your life,
您仍然不愿动他们分毫
you’d have them left untouched like this.
那些无情追赶害死您深切思念的妻子的虎狼之徒
What of the pack of wolves that mercilessly did hunt to death
现在又怎样呢
your late and much missed wife?
太鲁莽了 我们关系还没到这个地步
That’s bold. So soon in our relationship.
什么太鲁莽了
What’s bold?
利用戴安娜
To utilise Diana.
我很抱歉
I’m sorry.
但事实上
But, in fact,
我很少需要这样解释一部法律的通过
it’s rare to have to justify the passing of a law like this.
我应该考虑在所有受害者中
I would have thought of all the victims,
您应当对此感受最强烈 认为必须采取措施
you’d feel the strongest something must be done.
作为一个男人 一个父亲 一个丈夫 是的 没错
As a man, a father, husband, yes, I do.
但与你坐在这里的我 并不是那些身份
But that’s not who we are when sat with you in here.
我不仅仅是信仰的捍卫者
Not just am I defender of the faith,
我还需要捍卫这个国家独一无二的力量
but in addition I protect this country’s unique force
和生活的方式
and way of life.
从政♥治♥上来说我们的说服力和影响力正在下降
Politically our sway and influence are in decline
但我们仍然阐明了一个公正的社会应该如何运作
but still we demonstrate the way a just society should work –
司法制度 民♥主♥制度以及 更低的腐♥败♥率
judiciary, democracy and more – a low corruption rate.
那些大权在握的人
All those who hold the strings
反过来也应自食其果
held to account themselves in turn.
陛下 谢谢
Your Majesty, thanks.
我理解而且我一定 如果有机会的话
I understand and say I will, if opportunity transpires,
保证会重视您的观点
make sure I take your views into account.
可能我们该谈谈别的事
Perhaps we should move on to other things.
可这部涉及隐私的法律让人担心
It is the law on privacy that holds concern.
所以请你告诉我
And so I ask you tell me what,
我的首相 您打算怎么做
as my Prime Minister, you do intend.
这一法律已经制定并且通过了 已经太迟了
The law is made, and passed. It is too late.
所以我的看法对您来说 一文不值是吗
My views, to you, mean nothing, then?
您的看法非常重要
Your views mean much,
但对于这个议题 是的 我不同意
but on this subject, yes. I disagree.
公众投票选举他们的议会成员
The public vote to choose the members of their parliament,
而议会才是做决定的地方
and that’s where decisions will be made.
不是在这个只有我们俩人的房♥间
Not in this room between the two of us.
那我们的每周召见到此结束
Then our weekly meeting’s done.
如果我冒犯了您 我道歉
I should apologise if I’ve caused offence –
我只是想解释我的想法
I simply wanted to explain my view.
你已经解释了 我们下星期再见
And so you have. We’ll meet next week.
你认识我的客人
You recognise my guest.
埃文斯先生
Mr. Evans.
让我解释一下 以防引发对我的指控
I reasoned thus – in case there did arise an accusation
指控我在这里对于左右翼的看法
that my vision here of left and right
会达不到该有的平衡
was being tilted out of proper balance,
所以我会从现在开始 确保每周
I will from now on make sure each week
都有半个小时同我的好首相会面
I have the usual half an hour with my good Prime Minister,
但同时 我也会给反对党领袖留出相等的时间
but then give equal time for Leader of the Opposition, too.
埃文斯先生是位有原则的人
Mr. Evans is a man of principle.
但他并不喜欢我
But he does not like me,
他已经直言不讳地宣称
and has made explicit
不会应我所言做任何变动
that he will not change a single thing in light of what I say.
如果确实如此 那么 嗯 我算什么
And if this is the case, then, erm, what am I?
我母亲被众人敬重是因为她见多识广
My mother gained respect from what she’d seen.
伦敦大轰炸时 她与丘吉尔共坐一处
The Blitz… She sat with Churchill,
会见了她的时代里所有的重要人物
and met all the most important figures of her years.
但是我算什么
But what am I?
也许现在劾止这项法律还不算太晚
It may not be too late to stop the law.
一旦我签了这项法案
But when I sign the bill…
如果您签了这项法案
If you sign the bill.
当然这是属于您自己的选择
For surely that requirement remains your choice.
一个象征性的权利 而非可行使的权利
A ceremonial right, not one to use.
我不愿争执 但我认为
I hate to differ, but I think
这正好点明了为何我们需要女王 或是国王
this strikes the heart of why we have a Queen – or King.
他们是国家的制约与平衡所在
They are the check and balance of our land.
我一直坚信
I’ve long believed
我们永远不会碰上一个纳粹政党制定大英法律
that we could never see a Nazi party making British laws
因为在位的君主会坚守立场
because the reigning monarch then would stand his ground
作为国家元首 拒绝签署那样的法案
and, being head of state, refuse to sign –
拒绝让这个国家失去民♥主♥
refuse to let the country lose democracy,
如此行事后 民变会应激而生
and, doing so, provoke revolt.
但我们不该如此
It’s not our place.
这样会弊大于利
Would do more harm than good.
那就不要顾虑了
Then not important.
用笔墨签署您的姓名
Write your name in ink,
让其无需修订 直接成为法律
and un-amended let it into law.
谢谢 呃 斯蒂文斯夫人
Thank you, er, Mrs. Stevens.
陛下
Your Majesty.
*我 死而复生之人*
*I who have died am alive again*
*今日*
*Today*
*即为生命与羽翼诞生之日*
*This is the birth day of life and wings.*
嘿 算你走运 她平时可没这么容易上手
Hey, you’re lucky – she doesn’t usually put out much.
哦 是嘛 其实我们 我们没干那档子事
Oh, yeah, actually we, we haven’t done anything like that,
就是出去玩找乐子 所以 – 是嘛
just went out, had fun, so… – Yeah!
好吧 来不及喝茶了 有个研讨会 – 好吧
All right, too late for tea. Got a seminar. – Right.
很高兴见到你
Good to meet you.
我叫罗伯特 叫我鲍勃 你怎么称呼
I’m Robert. Bob. What’s your name?
哈里
Harry.
哈里 好的 回见
Harry. Right. Bye.

Hey!
呃 我刚只是在 泡茶
Erm, I was just… making some tea.
呃 我 呃 拿点牛奶
Er, I’ll, er, get the milk.
你还好吧
You all right?
好的很 真的好得很
Yeah, great. Really great.
天呐 你能相信吗
God, can you believe it?
什么
What?
我们昨晚的所作所为 维斯普恩酒吧 保龄球
Everything we did last night. Wetherspoons. Bowling.

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!