你应该听听他们的新作品
You should hear the new stuff they’re coming up with.
好的 那我就安排午餐咯
OK then, I’ll set a lunch.
『靠自己』
我喝过中国所有的茶
# I drank all the tea in China
我走过罗马所有的路 来点这个
# I walked all the roads to Rome A bit of this.
我在地图上寻找
# I looked in the maps to find ya
不错 听上去很好
That’s pretty… that’s sounding good, actually.
听上去是不错 但还需要些活力 我们要加点动作
It sounded good but we need some juice. We need some moves.
我需要跟你交谈
# I need you in conversation
我想你做我的朋友
# I want you to be my friend
我们的爱值得庆贺
# Our love was a celebration
现在完结是开始
# Beginning is now at an end
我靠我自己
# I’m on my own
我不再孤单
# I can’t be alone #
非常棒
Pretty good.
你不用每次演出后都这么受挫
OK, you’ve gotta stop beating yourself up after every single gig.
我以前也这样 就是这样
I’ve been here before. This is how it works.
一夜成名只是个神话
Overnight success is a myth.
是吗
Is it?
但你怎么解释这个
Then how do you explain that?
什么
What?
专辑销量超过百万
A million copies of the album sold.
一百万
A million.
这等同一个小国家的人又蹦又跳
That’s like the population of a small country jumping up and down
就因为他们觉得你很棒
because they think you’re great.
-比我们强十倍 -那又怎样 谁关心这
-To our ten. -So, who gives a shit?
他们做他们的事
They’re doing their thing.
你做你的
You’re doing yours.
有什么问题
What’s your problem?
我阻止了伊万进这个乐队
I stopped Ivan being in the band.
-什么乐队 -那个乐队
-What band? -That band.
U2
U2?
是的
Yeah.
天哪 尼尔 为什么
Jesus, Neil, how?
我们一块在家乡长大
Well, we grew up with them back home.
他们想伊万加入
They wanted Ivan.
我拒绝了
I sorta hung on to him.
然后跟他撒了谎
And then I lied to him.
他到现在还不知道
And he still doesn’t know.
哇
Wow.
你真是个混♥蛋♥
You total asshole.
这是在他们成名之前的事
It was before they were famous.
当初我认为我们能够强过他们
I thought we were gonna be bigger than them.
这就是为什么我总觉得做得不够
That’s why it’s not enough for us to just be OK.
我们得我们得变强 是非常 非常的强大
We have to be… we have to be big. We have to be really, really big.
那样我才能正视他的眼睛对他说
So that I can look him in the eye and I can say
“你能跟我在一起高兴吗”
“Are you glad you stuck with me?”
你一定很爱他
You must love him a lot.
是的
Yeah.
但还是很内疚
But it’s also the guilt.
你知道爱尔兰人都这样
You know how good the Irish are at that.
那你为什么要放弃自己的乐队
So why’d you give up your band?
我前男友抢去了
My ex took it.
像是离婚的一种模式
It was kind of like a divorce.
他拿走了乐队 而我恢复了我的生活
He got the band and I got my life back.
看上去我赚了
Mine was the better deal.
你和前男友是同一个乐队
You were in a band with your ex?
就像 桑尼和雪儿
What was it like, Sonny and Cher?
像西德和南希多点
Ah, more like Sid and Nancy.
然而 当他回纽约时 我发誓
And then when he split back to New York I swore that
我绝不再和这行的人有什么瓜葛
I would never get involved with anyone on the scene again.
是吗
Yeah.
但我总是有点不守承诺
But, I’ve always been a bit crap with promises.
你要进来吗
Do you wanna come in?
怎么 这不是成为摇滚明星的一点特权吗
What, isn’t that one of the perks of being a rock star,
还是你不想跟我做♥爱♥
or don’t you wanna have sex with me?
『玩死我』
你会把我写进歌♥词里吗
Now, will I be in one of your songs?
从今以后 你就是我的专辑
After that, you’ll be the whole album.
很难找到能与葛罗瑞亚押韵的词
It’s kind of hard to find something that rhymes with Gloria.
其实 已经有首歌♥叫『葛罗瑞亚』
Actually, there is already a song called “Gloria”, but…
只是不是我写的
…but I didn’t write it.
谁写的
Who did?
波诺
Bono.
当你打电♥话♥给我 宝贝
# And when you phone me, baby
从那边
# From the other side
给家里寄了钱 一切都好
# Keep sending home the money and I’ll be all right
在这个季节 被你玩死
# It is the season for your playing dead
你给我一个睡下的理由
# You give me a reason to get into bed
我将花 放在你头枕着的地方
# I’ll put the flowers where you lay your head
你是个懦夫 你逃走了
# You be the coward that’s running away
在你离开我之前
# Before you leave me
玩死我
# Play dead for me
如果你想伤害我
# If you want to hurt me
就玩死我
# Play dead for me
在你离开我之前
# Before you leave me
进来
Come in, then.
如果你想离开我
# If you want to leave me #
这会是首金曲
It could be a hit.
是的 显然
Yes. Absolutely.
交在一个对的人手里
In the right hands.
我能把这交给罗德
I could get it to Rod.
罗德·斯图尔特
Rod Stewart?
-这太好了 -好个屁
-I mean that would be great. -That would be shite.
你不喜欢罗德
You don’t like Rod? Hmm?
罗德很强大
Rod is huge.
罗德是上帝
Rod is God.
我喜欢唱『面具』的罗德·斯图尔特
I like The Faces Rod Stewart.
不是那个唱 “你觉得我性感吗”
Not that twat who sings “Do You Think I’m Sexy?”,
住在比佛利山那个臭名远扬宅邸的那个
and lives in a bollocking mansion in Beverly Hills.
好了 尼尔 你可以告诉罗德 让他去见鬼
OK, Neil. You can go tell Rod to stuff himself.
与此同时 我们口袋里的钱
Meanwhile, we don’t have barely enough change in our pockets
-都不够买♥♥回家的车票了 -我只是试试
-for the ticket home. -I’m just trying.
好了 好了 我明白你们的意思
OK, OK. I’m sensing your vibe, and what I’m getting is
你们不想要某些笨手笨脚的摇滚人 糟蹋你们的作品
you don’t want some heavy-handed rocker trampling on your artistry.
巴瑞·曼尼洛怎么样
Barry Manilow?
巴瑞·曼尼洛是抒情歌♥手
-他妈的巴瑞·曼尼洛 -曼尼洛 柔情曼尼洛
-Barry fucking Marshmanilow. -Manilow shmanilow.
我滴个神 我们刚刚拒绝了罗德·斯图尔特
Jesus Christ. We just turned down Rod Stewart.
-他是个变♥态♥ -我不介意他变不变♥态♥
-He’s a prick. -I don’t care if he’s a prick.
起码他是个富有 成功的变♥态♥
He’s a rich successful prick
专辑畅销了十年 还有一群美女跟在后面
with a decade of hit records and leggy blondes behind him.
如果这也叫变♥态♥
And if that makes him a prick.
那么 那我也宁愿做个变♥态♥
Well then, I want to be a prick, too.
听着 混♥蛋♥们 我告诉你们一些事
Listen, arsehole. Let me tell you something.
-整个交易肮脏透了 -哈蒙德
-This whole business is run on dirt. -Hammond!
肮脏的交易 肮脏的钱 肮脏狗屎的人
Dirty deals. Dirty money. Dirty shitty people.
而你是其中最狗屎的一个
And you’re the shittiest of the lot of them.
哈蒙德 你在这里做什么
Hammond, what are you doing here?
我认识你吗
Do I know you?
是 当然 你说过会把我们归于你旗下
Yes, yes. You said we could be in your harem.
还记得『俊男美女在里边 丑八怪们在外边』
You know, “Beautiful folk in, ugly lepers out”.
-尼尔·麦考密克 -是麦考密克兄弟 想起来了吗
-Neil McCormick. -The McCormick brothers. Remember?
哦 那个唱强♥奸♥歌♥曲的民谣歌♥手
Oh, yeah. The folk act with the rape song.
-是的 是的! -我很喜欢那个 是不是
-Yeah, yeah! -Oh, I quite liked that, didn’t I?
是啊 你说过你喜欢
Yeah, you said you loved it.
好吧 来楼下来见我
All right, look, meet me downstairs in a minute.
好 尼尔
OK. Neil.
滚吧
Fuck off.
发生什么事了 你才说要签我们 就被解雇了
What the hell happened? You offered us a deal and then you buggered off.
这个 我也不知道 我跟那些混♥蛋♥有些误会
Yeah, I don’t know. I had some kind of misunderstanding
但是我现在有了自己的公♥司♥ 所以