你好 给我来杯威士忌
How are you? Can I have a whiskey, please?
威士忌 谢谢
-Whiskey. Thanks. -Ah!
伙计 真是热闹 很棒
Man, what a buzz. That was great.
狗屁 我们在台上要死不活的
That was shite. We died on our arses up there.
如果你不发神经就该注意到了
Maybe you would have noticed if you weren’t having some kind of fit.
-那都是些什么 -我的招牌动作
-What was that? -My moves.
再说我让我们有了第一次演出
Plus I got us our first headline gig.
是的 在违法的脱衣舞酒吧 在这鸟不拉屎的地方
Yeah, in an illegal titty bar, in the arse end of nowhere,
经营者是个有名的杀手
run by a known killer.
伙计们 这是麦金先生
This is Mr. Machin, lads.
你觉得怎么样 麦金先生
What’d you think, Mr. Machin?
毫无信仰 毫无思想 极不着调
Godless, mindless and tuneless.
不过 女孩们喜欢
Still, you had the girls going.
很意外你还能听到我们在唱什么 这儿音响糟透了
I’m surprised you could hear anything at all. The sound is shite in here.
如果还有像样乐队在这演出
You really want to get yourself a better system
你最好还是弄一套好一点的设备
if you want decent bands to play.
是吗 如果有像样的乐队 我或许会的
Yeah, well, when I find a decent band, maybe I will.
尼尔 我们该走了 走吧
Neil, we’ll go. Shall we?
如果想拿酬劳就来楼上 就那个自大的家伙
Come upstairs if you want your cut. Just the cocky fucker.
骨瘦嶙峋 发型愚蠢的那个 可以滚了
The skinny one with the stupid haircut can piss off.
他说的是你 伊万
He means you, Ivan.
呆在这
Stay here.
-嗨 -演出怎么样 你觉得如何
-Hi. -How’s it heading? How’re you going?
不错
Fine.
你不会是在这里洗澡吧
You don’t take your baths in here, do you?
不 那是为惹毛我的人准备的
No. That’s for people who annoy me.
你知道吗 没几个人 敢像你刚刚那样跟我说话
You know, not many people talk to me like you did back there.
黑帮与名人之间总会有些关联
There’s always been that connection, between gangsters and celebrities.
哦 你是混黑帮的
Oh, you’re a gangster, are you?
因为你绝对不是什么名人
‘Cause you’re sure not a fucking celebrity.
只是时间问题
It’s only a matter of time.
你会不会刚好认识一些人
I don’t suppose you know anyone
愿意投资一个超棒的新乐队
looking to invest in an incredible new band?
怎么 你知道有这么个乐队
Why, do you know an incredible new band?
拜托 你看过我们的表演了 只是今晚的观众不太对路
Come on, you saw us play. We just had the wrong crowd tonight.
但只要遇到对路的观众
But with the right crowd and the right backer we can…
你要知道 这些小姐们休息时
You know, when my girls go on their break,
通常会做填字游戏来打发时间
they usually duck out the back for a fag and a go at the crossword.
但今晚 她们在看你
Tonight, they were clocking you.
-泡茶 普拉格 -这就对了
-Tea, Plug. -Well, there you go.
做音乐也可以赚钱
There’s money to be made in music.
不一定要打打杀杀
Money that doesn’t involve someone getting buried.
我的意思是 就像U2
I mean, look at U2.
我打赌你也想 在律师还没签下他们之前与你合作
I bet you wish you’d got in there before the lawyers had them all sewn up,
而且我们会比他们更棒
and we’re gonna be bigger than them.
你的确比波诺帅点 我承认
Yeah, you’re better looking than Bono. I’ll give you that.
谢谢
Thanks.
但是问题是 你愿意投资
But the… the question is, do you want in?
-五千 -一万更实际
-Five grand. -Ten would be more realistic.
就一万
I could do ten.
但收入的25%归我
My ten buys me twenty-five per cent.
你不能这么轻易的就拿走25%
You don’t get twenty-five per cent of me that easy.
我这是在谈判吗
Is this my negotiating face?
好的 就一万 还有一张去伦敦的机票
OK, ten. And a ticket to London.
我给你两张 一张你的 另一张给那瘦不拉几的兔崽子
I’ll give you two tickets. One for you and one for the skinny fucker.
记住 要是你耍我
And remember. If you fuck with me…
我会杀了你的
…I will kill you.
好 大家听好 注意
OK, everyone your attention, please. Wake up!
我郑重宣布
I’ve an important announcement to make.
我要辞职了
I am quitting.
我要去伦敦 我要成名了
I’m off to London to become world famous.
Oh.
噢 别这样
Oh, come on now.
别哭
Don’t cry.
她不是为你哭 你这个蠢货
She’s not crying over you, you great fucking eejit.
什么
What?
怎么回事 是谁干的
What’s happened? Who’s done this?
约翰·列侬被枪杀
一个可悲的孤独的疯子
Some sad… loner psycho.
这样就是快速成名的的方法
That’s how you become famous fast, hmm?
扣下扳机就行
Pull a trigger.
还记得听老爸那张”艾比路”老唱片吗
Remember listening to dad’s scratchy old copy of Abbey Road?
嗯
Yeah.
-你学弹的第一首歌♥ -是的
-First songs you ever learnt to play. -Yeah.
是它让你想投身音乐
It just makes you wanna pack it all in.
不 它只是让我意识到生命的短暂
No. It makes you realise how short life is.
我讨厌等待事情的发生 我只是
I’m sick of waiting around for shit to happen. I just…
除非我们去做 否则什么都不会发生
It won’t unless we make it.
怎么做
How?
我们出去闯
We get out.
我们去伦敦
We move to London.
什么
What?
你这想法哪来的 尼尔
Where did all this come from, Neil?
给我一个不去的理由
Give me one good reason why not?
因为我们没钱
Because we’re broke.
我能承担路费 然后签约 赚钱
I’ve enough to cover us until we’re in London, signed and earning.
我在 《沸点》上发表了很多文章
I filed a lot of articles with Hot Press.
那好吧 但我有女朋友了
OK, well. I’ve got a girlfriend.
在伦敦有大把的女孩子
Well, they do have girls in London.
-显然 -好吧
-Apparently. -OK, look.
波诺给我们的帮助怎么办
What about Bono’s offer of a deal?
你能坐视不理么
Are you just gonna walk away from that?
要是波诺认为我们很棒 我们就不需要他了
If Bono thinks we’re great, we don’t need him.
真是太有道理啦 尼尔
Oh, that makes loads of sense, Neil.
我们直接去找唱片公♥司♥ 去大公♥司♥ 大西洋 哥伦比亚
We go straight to the source. To the majors. Atlantic. Columbia.
兄弟连心 其利断金
The McCormick brothers together.
是 再在这待一段时间
Yeah, just… just fucking hang on here a moment.
你让我毁掉这一切 重新开始
Look, you’re asking me to rip all this up and start again
就凭你嘴上说说 你知道我们在这还行
just ’cause you say so, when, you know, we’re doing OK here.
-还行 行个屁 -行的
-OK? OK, shite. -Yeah.
你的墓志铭要写成这样吗
There’s one for the tombstone, isn’t there?
“伊万躺在这 他还行”
“Here lies Ivan, he was OK”.
如果你呆在这 你的余生只会沉浸在后悔中
If you stay here, you’ll spend the rest of your life wondering what if?
到那时 你永远都只是一个99%的人
And then, you will always be a ninety-nine per center.
什么
What?
什么狗屁 你瞎说
What the fuck is that? You just made that up.
我没有
No.
那些没有成功的乐队 都睡在摇滚乐的墓地里
The bands who never make it. The rock and roll graveyard.
不成功便成仁
Either you break on through or you add your bones to the pile.
是的 我是要你抛开这里的一切 重新开始
Yes, I am asking you to rip it all up and start again.
相信我 兄弟
Trust me, kid.
世人还不知道
The world doesn’t know it yet…
接下来的大事件
…but the next big thing
必定与来自爱尔兰的我们有关
is lurking in an Irish backwater.
『有些爱』
-嘿 是这了 快点 -好的 来了
-Hey, here it is. Come on. -OK, OK.
-这 -这发型怎么样
-Here. -Hey, how’s the hair?
嗯 不错
Yeah. Yeah, cool.
但是有些爱能长久
# But some kind of loving lasts forever
-有些爱 -变成了恨
-# Some kind of loving -# Turns to some kind of hatred
-有些爱 -迟早都会拥有
-# Some kind of loving -# It gets you sooner or later
-有些爱 -占领了你的心
-# Some kind of loving -# Locks your heart behind a brick wall
-有些爱 -不是爱
-# Some kind of loving # -# Is no kind of love at all #
听听 流行音乐通常总是关于
See, pop songs are usually about
幻想和辣妹做♥爱♥
fantasising about having sex with hot women,
其实就是与辣妹们做♥爱♥
actually having sex with hot women,
或者是回忆做♥爱♥的过程
or reminiscing about having sex with hot women.
这首听起来像是关于强♥奸♥
This one appears to be about rape.
从某种角度 是的
On one level, yes.
但是 换个角度来说 可以说是关于性焦虑症的问题
But on another, it’s about existential angst.
好吧 但是无论如何光靠销♥售♥部
Mmm. Right, well, either way that’s a pretty hard sell
上”流行音乐榜”是不太可能的 但是我们总会想出办法的