– How nice it is. – Thanks, Willie.
-多好啊。 -谢谢,威利。
Henry! Come on in. We just got some wonderful news.
亨利!请进。我们刚得到一个好消息。
Mollie is pregnant again.
莫莉又怀孕了。
I think it’s a girl. I’m never wrong.
我想是个女孩。我从来不会错的。
Congratulations.
可喜可贺。
We have to get started on a blanket for the child.
我们得开始给孩子做毯子了。
Congratulations.
祝贺你。
Excuse me for interrupting. Uncle, I need to talk to you.
请原谅我打断一下。叔叔,我得跟你谈谈。
Of course. Sit over there. I just need to talk to them.
当然可以。你先坐那边。我只是想和他们谈谈。
– Wait for me over there. – Thanks.
-在那边等我。 —谢谢。
Have you slept with her during the illness?
你在她生病期间和她睡过吗?
She is my wife, King. That’s the kind of thing that happens.
她是我的妻子,“国王”。这是常有的事。
Maybe it’s just your perversion.
也许,这只是你的误解。
Yes, God bless you and the baby.
是的,上帝保佑你们和孩子。
First man?
第一个男人?
Can he then claim the family?
那么,他能向这个家庭所要权利吗?
– Henry. – Uncle.
-亨利。 -叔叔。
Ramsey, I know you’re having a hard time.
拉姆齐,我知道,你现在很艰难。
A lot of children. A seven or eight pieces?
很多孩子。七个还是八个?
Yes, I have a whole bunch.
是的,我养了一大堆。
King Bill Hale asks if you want a job. One that needs fixing.
比尔·霍尔“国王”问你,是否需要一份工作。有件事需要处理。
I can not. I have not agreed to this kind of work.
我不能。我不同意做这种工作。
It’s an Indian.
是一个印第安人。
It is something else.
这是另一回事。
– Do you know Henry Roan? – Nah.
-你认识亨利·罗安吗? —不认识。
Well, what do you say?
好吧,你想说什么?
Listen up. You come with me.
听好了。你照我说的做。
I’ll buy you a car so you can drive out and fix it.
我给你买♥♥辆车,这样你就可以开车出去修理了。
A car is not enough to get my life on track.
一辆车不,足以让我的生活,步入正轨。
We’ll figure out something. And don’t worry too much about it.
我们会想出办法的。不要太担心。
Him the Indian, he is melancholy.
他是印第安人,他是忧郁的人。
He has attempted suicide twice, says Hale.
黑尔说,他曾两次试图自杀。
It should look like Roan did it himself.
看起来应该是,罗恩自己解决了自己。
Right in the forehead. Do you understand? In the forehead.
正好在额头上。你明白吗?在前额上。
– Then the knights will come marching, Pitts. – Hello, Ernest.
-骑士游♥行♥队伍马上就到,皮茨。 -你好,欧内斯特。
Ernest arranged a meeting with the Indian in Fairfax.
欧内斯特在费尔法克斯安排了一次与印第安人的会面。
– This is John Ramsey. – Henry. Good day.
-我是约翰·拉姆齐。 —亨利。你好。
We sat down. He smelled of whiskey.
我们坐了下来。他身上有威士忌的味道。
Are you after some booze?
你想喝点酒吗?
– I said I sold. – Then you have come to the right place.
-我告诉他,我是卖♥♥私酒的。 -那你来对地方了。
We were to meet on the road that goes through Sol Smith’s field at ten o’clock.
我们约好十点钟,在穿过索尔·史密斯农场的那条路上见面。
Look here, mate. Look what I found down the hole.
看这儿,伙计。看我在洞里找到了什么。
Just take care of yourself.
你自己过瘾了就行。
It turns the liver inside out.
这么喝,肝受不了。
When I had met the Indian a few times, we came to like each other.
我和那个印度人见过几次面后,我们开始喜欢上对方了。
You have to respect his problems.
你必须尊重他的问题。
We also went to mrs. Mackie.
我们还去找了麦琪太太。
He took it! What kind of sheriff goes around selling cocaine?
他拿走了!什么样的警长会到处卖♥♥可♥卡♥因♥啊?
Frankly!
还这么坦然!
It continued for some time. I tried to gather some courage.
这种情况持续了一段时间。我试着鼓起勇气。
One day I decided to do it when the opportunity presented itself.
有一天,当机会出现时,我决定这么做了。
I agreed with the Indian to get some booze and some girls,
我答应了那个印第安人,去找些酒和姑娘,
and then we were supposed to meet out on Smith’s field.
然后我们约好在史密斯的场地见面。
It tastes better than the last one we got.
比上次搞到的,好喝多了。
God damn.
该死。
– Do you have time? – Yes. Watch out for Cowboy.
-你有时间吗? —是的。小心看着点儿,牛仔。
– What is it? – Where is Hale?
-怎么了? -霍尔在哪儿?
I do not know. Whizbang, Pawhuska. Why?
我不知道。可能在爆竹酒吧,也可能在波哈斯卡。怎么了?
– It is done. – Is it? Where did you do it?
-搞定了。 -是吗?你在哪里干的?
Out on the road that goes through Sol Smith’s field.
在穿过索尔·史密斯农场的路上。
Here, I don’t want it anymore.
给你,我不想要了。
– John. – I do not want this anymore.
—约翰。 -我不想再这样了。
Henry Roan is dead.
亨利·罗恩死了。
Did he take his own life?
他自杀了吗?
I do not know.
我不知道。
He was always sad.
他总是很忧郁。
Always.
总是。
– You knew him well, didn’t you? – Since we were children.
-你很了解他,不是吗? -从我们小时候开始。
Does your uncle know? They were friends.
你叔叔知道吗? 他们是朋友。
Yes. He knows it well.
是的。他比较了解他。
Was he murdered?
他是被害的吗?
Have no idea.
还不清楚。
He tried to take his own life last year.
他去年曾试图自杀。
Did you know?
你知道吗?
Was he murdered or did he take his own life? Do you know?
他是被谋杀的,还是自杀的?你知道吗?
I do not know.
我不知道。
Roy Bunch has talked a lot about killing him.
罗伊.邦奇扬言多次,要宰了他。
He is having sex with his wife, so … It goes without saying.
他和他妻子有染,所以…这是不言而喻的。
Maybe he just took his own life like you said.
也许,他只是像你说的那样,他结束了自己的生命。
It had to be suicide. He had to leave the gun behind.
要认定为自杀。他得把枪留下。
I told him that too. Just as you informed me.
我也告诉他了。正如你告诉我的。
I don’t know why he brought it. I told him so.
我不知道,他为什么带走枪。我告诉过他。
Did you say it was supposed to be in the forehead? It was in the neck.
你是说,子弹应该打在额头上吗?或是打在脖子上。
It is otherwise easy enough. The forehead is not the neck!
否则,就很容易下手了。毕竟,额头不是后脑勺!
It would look like suicide.
这看起来像自杀。
It looks like murder. It wasn’t supposed to be like that.
看起来像是谋杀。事情不应该是这样的。
I said the forehead. Just like you asked me to. I promise. I swear by my children.
我说额头了。就像你让我做的。我保证。我以我的孩子发誓。
– Do not do that. Calm. – I swear by my children.
-别这么说。冷静。 -我以我的孩子发誓。
You shall not swear by your children. It sounds silly.
你不该拿你的孩子发誓。这听起来很蠢。
I’m no fool.
我不是笨蛋。
What is it, King?
怎么了,“国王”?
Fear lamps. They put up lights to keep the murders away.
恐惧照明灯。他们挂起灯,来阻止谋杀。
There he is. Hang in here.
他来了。靠边停车。
Hi, Roy. Roy!
嘿,罗伊。罗伊!
You shouldn’t be staying here right now.
你现在,不该待在这里。
You better get out of here, because the sheriff is going to charge you with murder.
你最好离开这里,因为警长会以谋杀罪起诉你。
They know you wanted to shoot Henry.
他们知道,你想杀亨利。
If I run away, I look guilty. And I’m not.
如果我逃跑,就会显得有罪。我不是凶手。
If you run away…
如果你逃了…
If you don’t run away, you’ll end up in jail, guilty or not.
如果你不逃跑,不管有罪与否,你都会进监狱的。
It’s just an advice from a friend. I wanted to run away.
这只是一个朋友给你的建议。要是我,就逃走。
Thanks Bill. I don’t think I do.
谢谢你,比尔。我不认为我该逃。
And you are not my friend. I’ll take the chance and stay in Fairfax.
你也不是我的朋友。我要抓住这个机会,留在费尔法克斯。
You are of the sky people.
你是一个天空之人。
Little Anna.
小安娜。
Your name is Wah hre lum pa.
你的名字是 Wah hre lum pa。
What is leprosy, Mollie?
什么是麻风病,莫莉?
Are you getting sick? Creeping away?
你生病了吗? 想爬起来吗?
Minnie died from it.
米妮就死于这病。
Mom died from it too.
妈妈也因此去世了。
Anna was shot.
安娜是被枪杀的。
The carpet is a target on our back.
我们身上的毛毯就是靶子。
Can’t we just move? To Colorado Springs.
我们就不能搬家吗?去科罗拉多的斯普林斯。
Look at me though. I can’t make the journey.
看我这样子。我受不了旅途颠簸。
– Who will take care of you, Mollie? – I have Ernest and my children.
-谁来照顾你,莫莉? -我有欧内斯特,和我的孩子。
Ernest takes care of me. As best he can.
欧内斯特照顾我。尽他所能。
– Nettie? – Yeah.
—内蒂? -是的。
Can my sister have toast?
给我姐姐弄点烤面包?
– Yes. And another sip of coffee? – Thanks.
—是的。再来一杯咖啡? —谢谢。
Little sister.
小妹。
So.
所以。
– So now you and Mollie also live in the city? – Yes, now we are here.
-所以,现在你和莫莉也住在城里? -是的,现在我们住在这里。
You live nicely here, Bill. Really nice.
你们在这里住得很好,比尔。真的很不错。
Thank you, Ernest. The Shoun brothers made us a good offer.
谢谢你,欧内斯特。肖恩兄弟给了我们一个很好的条件。
– They left some nice things for us. – Well, did they?
-他们给我们留下了一些好东西。 -是吗?
Not as nice as the stuff you bought, but good enough for us.
虽然不如你买♥♥的东西,但对我们来说,已经足够了。
Yes, you know Mollie. She likes nice things so…
是的,你了解莫莉。她喜欢漂亮的东西,所以…
Not as much as you.
不像你那么喜欢。
It almost sounds like you’re calling me a squaw man.
听起来,你好像在称我为“吃印第安女人软饭的白人男子”。
No, I would never call another man that.
不,我绝不会这么叫别人。