For all information about the murders.
所有关于谋杀的信息。
So if anyone knows anything about them, please come to me.
如果有人知道任何关于他们死亡的事,请来找我。
You know where I am. I’m easy to find.
你知道我在哪儿。我很容易找到。
Thank you, mr. Tail. Their friendship has always been valued.
谢谢你,霍尔先生。你们的友谊一直受到重视。
I will do anything to help the Osage people in their time of need.
我会尽我所能,在奥塞奇族人需要帮助的时候,帮助他们。
In their wailing valley.
在他们哀嚎的山谷里。
I suggest we send Barney McBride to Washington.
我提议,派巴尼·麦克布莱德去华盛顿。
– I support the proposal. – Mr. McBride, Mrs. McBride.
-我支持这个提议。-麦克布莱德先生,麦克布莱德太太。
Yes, chief.
是的,酋长。
Resolution 23. Mr. McBride travels to Washington
23日的决议。麦克布莱德先生前往华盛顿。
and the Office of Indian Affairs,
以及去印第安人事务办公室,
where he will ask for private investigators and extra police,
在那里他会要求,增派私♥家♥侦♥探♥和额外的警♥察♥,
so they can investigate all these deaths.
这样,他们就能调查这些死亡事件了。
– Do you accept the assignment? – Yes.
-你接受任务吗? -是的。
Bill. Reta.
比尔。瑞塔。
Good day, Ernest.
你好,欧内斯特。
So you’re… You’re here now?
那你俩…你俩出双入对了?
Reta comforted me when Minnie died.
米妮死后,瑞塔一直在安慰我。
Leave the jewelry on her here.
把珠宝留在她身上。
I do it so no one notices.
我这么做,是为了没人注意到。
No, come on, Frank. Let them be this one time. For my sake.
不,别这样,弗兰克。就这一次吧。为了我。
– It’s my wife’s sister. – Here.
-她是我妻子的姐姐。 -给你。
25 dollars for the rental of a rusty car?
25美元租一辆生锈的车?
$1,650 for a mahogany casket?
一口红木棺材,要1650美元?
– These are Osage prices. Do you think I am stupid? – No, everyone pays the same.
-这些是奥塞奇族的价格。你以为我傻吗? -不,每个人都付一样的钱。
Stop it. McAllister’s entire funeral cost no more than 300.
得了吧。麦卡利斯特的整个葬礼花费,不超过300美元。
– Two thousand dollars, Frank? – McAllister’s daughter was only a child.
– 2000美元,弗兰克? -麦卡利斯特的女儿,还只是个孩子。
I’ll talk to King Hale about it. We’ll see what he says.
我会跟霍尔.金谈谈的。我们看看他怎么说
I can put her in a wooden box if you want.
如果你愿意,我可以把她装进木箱里。
I don’t want a wooden box. You take osage prices.
我不想要一个木箱子。你采取了奥塞奇的价格。
Your wife even wanted an open casket.
你妻子甚至想要一个敞开的棺材。
After all, there is no face. Why would she want it open?
毕竟,没有面子。她为什么要打开它?
– Are you trying to steal our money? – It is not …
-你想偷我们的钱吗? -这不是…
It’s not your money.
这不是你的钱。
You can easily get more money and pay my bill.
你可以很容易地得到更多的钱,来支付我的账单。
I work for my money.
我为钱而工作。
As the Lord says: You sow and you reap, Ernest.
正如上帝所说:你播种,你收获,欧内斯特。
When was the last time you saw an osage work?
你最后一次看到一个奥塞奇人在工作,是什么时候?
Your sister, Anna, leaves behind a fortune of approximately 100,000 dollars.
你的大姨子安娜,留下了大约十万美元的遗产。
They are bequeathed to your mother, Lizzie Q, and you, Mollie, and you, Reta.
它们是留给你母亲莉齐Q的,还有你家莫莉,还有你小姨子蕾塔。
That is a considerable sum of money.
那是一笔可观的钱。
Tall Chief has hired Emmett Miller’s blackface variety show for his birthday.
联想到,塔尔酋长曾请了涂黑脸的埃米特.米勒来表演节目,来庆祝他的生日。
So I thought, “Why don’t we do something like that with the money?”
所以我想,“为什么我们不把钱,用在某些有用的事上面呢?”
We can have a town party and invite an orchestra…
我们可以举办一个城镇聚会,邀请一支管弦乐队…
It’s no use talking to that man.
和那种人说话,一点儿用都没有。
Evil surrounds my heart.
邪恶包围着我的心。
Often I cry, and the evil of my heart comes out of my eyes.
我常常哭泣,想让我心中的邪恶,从我眼中流出来。
I close my heart and keep the good inside. But the hate comes.
我关上我的心,把美好的留在心里。但是仇恨来了。
They say I should kill the white men who killed my family.
他们说我应该杀了,那个杀害我家人的白人。
Mrs. Burkhart. Bill Burns. I solve crimes.
布克哈特夫人。我是比尔.伯恩斯。我负责刑事案件。
Here is my business card. I have addresses in New York, London, Paris,
这是我的名片。我在纽约,伦敦,巴黎,
Montreal, Chicago, Los Angeles, Cairo, Berlin, Boston, where law-abiding citizens …
蒙特利尔、芝加哥、洛杉矶、开罗、柏林、波士顿都有地址,这些地方的守法公民…
– Mr. Barney McBride? – Ja.
-巴尼·麦克布莱德先生? -是的。
There is a telegram for you.
这是刚收到的,给你的电报。
– BE CAREFUL – STOP
“千万小心。别干了。”
… at Anna’s to confirm Byron’s story.
…在安娜家,确认了拜伦的证词。
I went there and I found her alligator skin bag.
我去了那里,发现了她的鳄鱼皮包。
This suggests that Byron is not lying, but drove her home.
这表明,拜伦没有说谎,而是开车送她回家。
My brother doesn’t lie.
我弟弟从不说谎。
Your youngest sister, Minnie, who died of leprosy two years ago,
你最小的妹妹米妮,两年前死于麻风病,
– was married to a Bill Smith. – Yes.
-她嫁给了比尔.史密斯。 —是的。
And this is the same Bill Smith who is now married to your sister Reta?
这就是现在,娶了你妹妹蕾塔的,那个比尔·史密斯吗?
And.
是的。
Samme Bill Smith.
同一个比尔.斯密斯。
Two sisters.
娶了俩姐妹。
Mr. Smith is a busy man. He talks to people in town and investigates Anna’s death himself.
史密斯先生是个大忙人。他与镇上的人交谈,并亲自调查安娜的死因。
– Thanks for that, Sheriff. – It was a shame it was so little.
-谢谢你,警长。 -真遗憾,就知道这么少的情况。
Did you know?
你现在知道什么呢?
Did you?
知道吗?
And.
是的。
– You drove straight home to Mollie? – Not directly.
-你直接开车,送她去莫莉家了? -不是直接去的。
– So where did you drive? – To the cemetery outside Florer’s shop.
-你们开车去哪儿了? -去弗洛勒殡仪馆外的墓地。
She wanted to see her land and visit her father.
她想看看她家的土地,看看她的父亲。
I can’t visit my father with the flyaway hair.
我不能蓬头散发地,去看我父亲。
Do you know I’m going to have a little one?
你知道我要生一个小孩了吗?
– Oh my gosh. No. – It is true.
-我的天啊。不会吧。 -这是真的。
She should also be called Minnie.
她也应该叫米妮。
Say hello to Minnie from me.
代我向米妮问好。
Did you know Anna was pregnant?
你知道安娜怀孕的事吗?
Anna?
安娜?
And.
是的。
Anna was pregnant.
安娜怀孕了。
– She was pregnant. – Did he say it was Byron?
-她怀孕了。 -他说是拜伦吗?
No.
没说。
Me?
说我了?
No. No.
没。没有。
Make sure we don’t get mixed up in it.
别把我们爷俩儿,卷进来了。
Mr. Smith is pretty sure who killed your sister.
史密斯先生很确定,是谁杀了你妹妹。
He says he’ll tell us all when he has the evidence.
他说,他有了证据,就会告诉我们一切。
And what… What has he found out?
那么…他发现了什么?
I do not know yet.
我还不清楚。
– What has he found out? – Nothing.
-他发现了什么? —什么都没有。
I’m going out to Blackie’s.
我要去布莱基家。
Regarding what we talked about鈥
想想我们谈过的事情。
– About that, yes. – To see what he says.
-关于那个,是的。-看他怎么说
In fact.
就这样。
Yes. Yes! Man, how rich are we going to be tonight!
好的。好的!伙计,今晚我们可发了!
– Ernest. – Where’s Blackie?
-欧内斯特。 -布莱基在哪里?
– So there it is. – Yes.
-就挖到这些。 -是的。
Osage graves. It’s disgusting work. It’s dirty. Dung dirt.
奥塞奇人的坟墓。干这活真恶心。又脏,又愁得像大便。
Do you want to do something that gives good?
你想干点儿好活吗?
Don’t work with those thugs. Use your head. Use your brain.
不要和那些暴徒一起工作。用你的头脑。动动脑筋。
Hale has talked about us joining forces.
霍尔说过,我们要联手。
Do you know Bill Smith? He walks around and talks a lot.
你认识比尔·史密斯吗? 他四处走动,说了很多话。
Now if someone … necked Bill Smith and Reta …
现在,如果有人…想宰了比尔.史密斯和瑞塔…
If she was gone, all the money would go to my mother-in-law, Lizzie Q,
如果瑞塔不在了,所有的钱,都会归我丈母娘,莉齐·Q,
and then my children inherit them. It’s good business. Very good.
然后我的孩子继承它们。这是笔好生意。很好。
– For you, yes. – To everyone.
-还不便宜了你嘛。 -为了咱们大家。
They are often away from home. You just have to come in and apply,
他们经常不在家。你只需要进去布置,
and then when they come home, you take them.
等他们回家后,你就干掉他们。
Reta has a three-four diamonds. She has several earrings.
瑞塔有一个3-4克拉的钻石。她有几副耳环。
Bill Smith always has 2-300 in his pocket. You must have them.
比尔·史密斯口袋里,总是有两、三千美元。你必须拥有它们。
You’ll get them, and I know Hale will pay a grand for it.
你会拿到的,我知道霍尔会出一千块赏金的。
Doesn’t that sound good, Blackie?
听起来不错吧,布莱基?
You know my little Buick roadster?
你知道,我的别克小跑车吗?
– The red one you always look at. – Yes?
-你总是眼馋的那辆红色的。 -是吗?
I throw my Buick on top. It is insured for value.
我把我的别克车停路边。它已按价值投保了。
I get the insurance money and you get the car.
我拿保险金,你拿车。
It’s just a little trade between the two of us. Hale doesn’t need to know anything about that.
这只是我们俩之间的小小交易。别让霍尔知道这些。
– It is very comprehensive. – You are a bloody greedy Jew, Ernest.
-这都能理解。 -你真是个贪婪的犹太人,欧内斯特。
I just love money.
我就是爱钱。
That’s right. Almost as much as I love my wife.
这没错。就像我爱我老婆一样。
Ernest?
欧内斯特?
And.
是的。
Come here.
过来。
What is it?
啥事?
– Are you feeling better than this morning? – A little.
-你感觉比早上好吗? -好一点。
Yes. You just need to sleep.
好吧。你需要的就是睡觉。
Sleep is the most important thing now.
睡眠,是现在最重要的事情。
I don’t sleep anymore.
我睡不着。