毕竟,她也是受限制的,所以我们必须考虑到每一分钱。
It says here that she has spent 319 dollars and five cents on meat …
这里写着,她花了319美元5美分买♥♥肉…
… at the grocery store.
…在食品杂货店。
Isn’t that an awful lot of meat for her needs?
对她来说,那肉不是太多了吗?
Jo, mr. Beaty.
是的,贝蒂先生。
Well, but you’re looking at that, aren’t you?
所以,你也看到了,不是吗?
Jo.
是的。
Okay, get in line for lottery payment.
好了,排队领♥取♥“人头补助金”吧。
Only for unlimited.
只对不受限制的人开放。
The disabled must be accompanied by a guardian. He must sign the check.
丧失能力者必须由监护人陪同。他们必须在支票上签字。
Find your guardian. Just like you usually do.
找到你的监护人。就像你平时做的那样。
30 dollars! A photo for posterity! Don’t you want to preserve family history?
30美元!一张留给后人的照片!你不想保留家族历史吗?
– What about them? – He knows nothing. A pure amateur.
-看看拍摄得怎么样? -他啥都不懂。纯粹的业余摄影师。
You must have a proper photo of you and the family.
你必须有一张你和家人的合影。
What about them? 40 dollars.
看看拍摄得怎么样? 40美元。
How much? 40 dollars? I can give you 35 in cash.
-多少钱? -40美元?我可以给你35美元现金。
It’s a deal. Let’s get it taken. Came.
成交。我们去拍摄吧,来吧。
It should be a nice picture. This way.
我会给你们好好拍照的,这边请。
My wife is lazy. The doctor says it’s her weakness.
我妻子很懒。医生说这是她的虚弱。
The boy has asthma. It limits him. He just needs the chance.
这个男孩有哮喘。这限制了他。他只是需要个机会。
You have your checks. You are unlimited. Come on.
你刚拿到了支票。你是不受限制的。买♥♥下吧。
We’ll take one. In that color.
我们买♥♥一辆。就是那种颜色。
Yes. Yes!
好的。好的!
And if you run out of gas or have a puncture, come and buy another one.
如果你的车没油了,或者爆胎了,再来买♥♥一辆新的。
– Do you need a ride? My cart stops there. – Thanks.
-夫人,你想搭车吗?我的汽车就停在那儿。 -谢谢。
Be careful. There are many types here.
小心点。这里各种车很多。
– Hello! Ernest! – Kelsie Morrison!
-你好!恩内斯特! -凯尔西.莫里森!
We were at the front together in France.
我们一起在法国前线打过仗。
– How are you? Good to see you. – You too.
-你好吗?很高兴见到你。 -你也是。
– My wife, Catherine Cole. – It was a pleasure.
-我妻子,凯瑟琳·科尔。 -很高兴,见到你。
Thoroughbred.
纯种的。
Sky people, right?
天空之人,对吧?
The midwaters.
水中之人。
I have bet money.
我押了赌注。
Have you played the race?
你玩赛车吗?
– No. – So let’s drive.
-不玩。 -我们走吧,司机。
And.
好的。
I’m sorry she’s sick.
我很遗憾,她是生病了。
– She is as stubborn as ever. – I pray for your mother.
她还是和以前一样固执。-我为你母亲祈祷。
– Take care. – Thank you, father.
-保重。 -谢谢你,神父。
You know who Mollie Kyle is, right? Her with the sisters.
你知道莫莉·凯尔是谁吧?她和姐♥妹♥们♥住在一起。
– I know who it is. Molly. – Yes. She lives with her mother, Lizzie.
-我知道是谁莫莉。 —是的。她和母亲莉齐住在一起。
I know, uncle. I know her. I have driven with her.
我知道,叔叔。我认识她。我开车载过她。
Driven with her?
给她开过车?
Matt Williams joined her. He doesn’t do that anymore. So that means鈥
马特·威廉姆斯曾陪伴过她。他不再那样做了。这意味着…
… that you could volunteer if it occurred to you.
…如果你想做志愿者的话。
You want… You want me to take care of her.
你想…你想让我照顾她。
She is one of my regular customers.
她是我的常客之一。
I guess she’s fond of me too.
我猜,她也喜欢我。
– Her Mollie, she is easy to like. – Yes.
-那个莫莉,她很讨人喜欢。 —是的。
And of thoroughbred blood.
而且是纯种的。
– Thoroughbred? – Thoroughbred.
-纯种的? -纯种的。
It can then be used for something.
然后,这个身份,就可以用来做某些事了。
You have a nice face.
你有一张英俊的脸蛋。
– Are you the type to get married? – The guy who’s marrying me?
-你是那种要结婚的人吗? -什么人会嫁给我?
– What do you mean? – If we mix the families,
-你什么意思? -如果我们把两个家庭,结合在一起,
and the family’s money flows the right way, we get it.
家族资金就有了正确的流向,我们都明白这点。
It is a thoroughbred property. And she gets the money from her mother, Lizzie.
这就是纯种奥塞奇人的资产。她从她母亲莉齐那里,可以拿到钱。
Look, it’s a good business. And completely legal. Nothing illegal.
听着,这是个好生意。而且完全合法。一点儿都不违法。
It is a wise investment.
这是一项明智的投资。
People say you got together with Matt Williams for a while.
人们说,你和马特.威廉姆斯,交往过一段时间。
You talk too much.
他是个“话痨”。
No, I don’t talk too much.
我不是,我话不多。
I just need to figure out which horse to beat.
我只是想知道,该买♥♥哪匹马赢。
Is it a race?
是赛马吗?
I don’t like horse racing. – I’m not like other horses either.
我不喜欢赌马的人。 -我也不像其他的赌徒。
What? What did you say?
什么?你在说什么?
That’s how you are.
你就是这样的人。
I didn’t get it, but it must be “nice guy” in Native American.
我没听懂,但在印第安语里肯定是“好人”的意思。
鈥淚 am an Osage warrior.
我是一名奥塞奇武士。
Long ago, the Osage people took their name from the Missouri and Osage rivers.
很久以前,奥塞奇人的名字来源于密苏里河和奥塞奇河。
Ni-U-Kon-Ska, Children of Midwaters.
Ni-U-Kon-Ska, 米德沃特的孩子们。
‘Move,’ said the big white father.
“搬家吧,”高大的白人神父说。
From Missouri, from Arkansas, from Kansas.
从密苏里州,从阿肯色州,从堪萨斯州。
We ended up in yet another foreign country.
我们最后又到了另一个异乡国度。
Oklahoma, where famine went by day and hungry wolves by night.
来到俄克拉何马州,那里白天有饥荒,晚上有饥饿的狼。
Can you find the wolves in the picture?”
你能在画中找到狼吗?”
Okay, come on.
好了,来吧。
“The Osage were never one of the five civilized tribes.”
“奥塞奇族从来不是五大文明部落之一。”
– Do you remember Blackie Thompson? – Hey, boys.
-你还记得布莱基.汤普森吗? -嘿,小伙子们。
“The Five Civilized Tribes, Cherokee, Chickasaw,
“五大文明部落分别是,切罗基族,奇卡索族,
choctaw, creek og seminole.”
乔克托族,溪族和塞米诺族。”
Stand still!
不许动!
That stone shines in the dark. Give it to me.
那块石头在黑暗中发光。把它给我。
Take the car, not the ring. It is from my father.
把车拿走,别抢我戒指。这是我父亲传下来的。
We don’t want the car. Jewelry only. You have not earned them.
我们不想要这辆车。珠宝嘛。这不是你该佩戴的。
– Do you like them? – Rich Indians!
-你喜欢它们吗? -富有的印地安人!
Come now!
走了!
Come now!
走了!
– All in, boys. – What about you, Ernest?
-都押上,孩子们。 -你怎么了,欧内斯特?
– No! You are crazy. – I love money! Flip the card!
-不!你疯了。 -我喜欢钱!翻牌吧!
– Yes! Such. – Take the chance!
—是的!这样的。 -抓住机会!
Kind of Fairfax shit.
有点像费尔法克斯的坏蛋了。
– The queen gets the jewels. – Piss!
-女王得到珠宝。 -滚开!
“Dawn was always a sacred time for prayer.”
“黎明总是祈祷者的神圣时刻。”
“They call the sun ‘grandfather.’
“他们称太阳为‘爷爷’。
And the moon ‘mother’.
称月亮为‘妈妈’”。
The fire ‘father’.
称火焰为‘父亲’
They call it “flower moon”,
他们称它为“花月”,
when little flowers spread over the hills and the prairie.
当小花铺满山峦和大草原。
There are many.
它们太多了。
So many that it feels as if Wah-kon-tah has looked down upon the Earth,
如此之多,让人感觉瓦空塔(Wah-kon-tah)仿佛俯视着地球,
smiled and sprinkled candy over it.”
微笑着在上面撒了些糖果。”
“Wah-kon-tah means ‘God.’
“瓦空塔是‘上帝’的意思”
You get your Osage name.”
你得到了你的奥塞奇名字。”
Your name is the Sunhawk Woman.
你的名字是太阳鹰女。
“That’s what it’s called in the next world.
“这是另一个世界的叫法。
No one can take your Osage name from you.”
没人能夺走你奥塞奇族的名字。”
Here. Put it on.
给你。戴上这顶。
Do you want food?
你想吃点儿什么吗?
And.
可以。
– Don’t you want a bite to eat? – I have too much sugar.
-你不想吃点东西吗? -我糖吃的有点多了。
You can never be too nice, can you?
你再也不能吃太甜的东西了,对吗?
It makes me sick.
它会让我得病。
Do you live here alone with your mother?
你一个人和你母亲,住在这里吗?
I’ll take care of her.
我会照顾她的。
– And you live with your uncle? – Yes. Do you know him?
-你和你叔叔住在一起? —是的。你认识他吗?
– As long as I can remember. – He is a nice man.
-从我记事起,就认识他。 -他是个好人。
– Why have you come? – To what?
-你为什么来这里? -什么?
– To live here. – Yes. I am living here.
-在这里生活。 —是的。我要住在这里。
Why?
为什么?
Because of my uncle. I work for him.
因为我叔叔。我为他工作。
And your brother’s name is Bryan?
你表哥是叫布莱恩?
– Byron, yes. – Byron.
-拜伦,是的。 -拜伦。
– Are you afraid of him? – My brother? Who?
-你怕他吗? -我表哥吗?谁?
Your uncle.
你的叔叔。
No.
不。
No, he… He’s the king of the Osage Hills.
不,他…他是奥塞奇山的“国王”。
The world’s weirdest man. But if you cheat him, I don’t know.
世界上最奇怪的人。但如果你欺骗他,我不知道会怎样。
No. I am self-employed.
否则,我就得单干。
I am a businessman.