他们不会记得,也不在乎。
It will be another ordinary everyday tragedy.
这将是又一场,普通的日常悲剧。
Yes, but this is not common.
是的,但这种情况并不常见。
Now don’t do something you’ll regret for the rest of your life.
现在不要做,会让你后悔一辈子的事。
– You will regret… – I regret everything, Bill.
-你会后悔的… -我后悔我做的每件事情,比尔。
You have a family.
你有一个家庭。
Children. You have lost one. Don’t make it more tragic…
还有孩子。你失去了一个。别把事情弄得更悲惨了…
It’s already a damn tragedy.
这已经是个悲剧了。
You must not come near my family. Not anymore.
你不能靠近我的家人。再也不能了。
I am sorry to hear.
听到这个,我很难受。
– It is over. – You must not throw everything away.
-结束了。 -你不能把所有的亲情都扔掉。
– I can not. – I’m sorry. I love you.
-我不行。 -对不起。我爱你。
I can’t, Bill.
我不能,比尔。
Don’t throw it away.
别把亲情扔了。
Mr. Burkhart, You are here of your own free will?
伯克哈特先生,你是自愿来的吗?
– Yes. – Nobody promised you anything?
—是的。-没人许诺过你什么吗?
No.
没有
Did you seek out John Ramsey on your uncle’s behalf to kill Henry Roan?
你是不是替你叔叔找了约翰·拉姆齐去杀亨利·罗恩?
And.
是的。
Did you drive from Fairfax to Ripley and told John Ramsey to tell Asa Kirby to do an errand?
是你从费尔法克斯开车到里普利,告诉约翰·拉姆齐,去找埃希·柯比去办点事吗?
– Yes. – And who asked you to do it?
—是的。 -谁让你这么做的?
Bad Uncle, William Hale.
坏叔叔,威廉·霍尔。
Can you see him?
你能认出他吗?
– Yes. – Please point to him.
—是的。 -请指认他。
Yes. He sits there.
是的。他坐在那里。
Move for record that the witness has identified the accused, William Hale.
请求记录,证人指认了被告:威廉·霍尔。
And what was the task your uncle had for Asa Kirby?
你叔叔给埃希·柯比,安排了什么任务?
He was going to … blow up Reta and Bill Smith.
他打算…炸死瑞塔和比尔·史密斯。
Why did he want that?
他为什么要那样做?
To get their money.
想得到他们的钱。
Are they married?
你结婚了吗?
– Yes. – What is your wife’s name?
—是的。 -你妻子叫什么名字?
– Mollie Burkhart. – Is she Reta’s sister?
-莫莉·伯克哈特。 -她是瑞塔的妹妹吗?
And.
是的。
And the sister of Anna Brown, who was murdered?
那是被谋杀的安娜·布朗的妹妹吗?
And.
是的。
And her mother is Lizzie Q, who is dead?
她的母亲是莉齐·Q,已经去世了吗?
– Yes. – And her sister Minnie is dead too?
—是的。 -她妹妹米妮也死了?
And.
是的。
And all these dead women are Native American women, right?
这些死去的女人,都是印第安妇女,对吧?
Jo.
是的。
If Mollie, your wife, died,
如果你的妻子莫莉死了
so who gets her oil money?
那么谁能得到她的“人头石油”收入呢?
Me and our children.
我和我们的孩子。
Did your uncle present a plan,
你叔叔有没有提出一个计划,
according to which you would profit from the death of all these Indian women?
你会从这些印第安妇女的死亡中,获利吗?
And.
是的。
And you chose to help your uncle yourself?
你选择亲自帮你叔叔吗?
And.
是的。
It was part of the plan that you met and married Mollie Kyle
你和莫莉·凯尔相识并结婚是你计划的一部分,
and killed her family and her for their Indian oil money?
为了他们的“印第安人头石油补助金”杀了她和她的家人?
No.
不是。
I met and married my wife because I was driving with her in my rental car.
我遇到我的妻子并娶了她,是因为我和她一起开着我租来的车。
Not because your uncle demanded it?
不是因为,你叔叔的指使吗?
No.
不是。
I loved my wife from …
我爱我的妻子,自从…
It happened to us when I picked her up in my rental car.
当我用租来的车,接她的时候,就爱上了她。
How’s Cowboy?
“牛仔”怎么样?
Well.
很好。
Does he miss his father?
他想念他的父亲吗?
And.
是的。
Also Elizabeth.
伊丽莎白也想。
Do they … Do they know what happened?
他们…他们知道发生了什么吗?
Not really.
知道的不多。
Have you told all the truths?
你把真♥相♥都说了吗?
Yes, I have.
是的,我说了。
My soul is pure now, Mollie.
我的心灵现在是纯洁的,莫莉。
It’s a relief to be out of it all.
摆脱这一切,真是一种解脱。
I wouldn’t let him near you and the kids.
我不会让他靠近你,和孩子们的。
What did you give me?
你给了我什么?
What?
什么?
What was in the syringes?
注射器里有什么?
My medicine, which you gave me.
那些你给我注射的药里。
What was in it, sho-mee-kah-see?
里面有什么,能让我知道吗?
Insulin.
胰岛素。
Justice had won.
正义赢了。
True Crimes airs
真实的庭审直播
with the support of J. Edgar Hoover and the Federal National Police.
在埃德加·胡佛局长和联邦国家警♥察♥的支持下。
Thus ends the true story of the murders of the Osage Indians.
奥塞奇印第安人谋杀案的真实故事,就这样结束了。
Before we leave the Osage people, we can conclude:
在我们离开奥塞奇族人之前,我们可以得出结论:
The doctors, the Shoun brothers, were never prosecuted for poisoning Mollie.
那两名医生,肖恩兄弟,从未因毒害莫莉,而被起诉。
Ernest’s brother, Byron Burkhart, was prosecuted as an accomplice in Anna’s murder.
欧内斯特的堂兄拜伦·伯克哈特,被指控为安娜谋杀案的共犯。
Kelsie Morrison said during the trial:
凯尔西·莫里森在审判中说:
“Byron got her drunk … and I did the rest.”
“拜伦把她灌醉了…剩下的我来做。”
Byron was released after a deadlocked jury.
陪审团陷入僵局后,拜伦被释放了。
William Hale, mastermind of the deadly schemes,was found guilty and sentenced to life in Leavenworth.
这起致命阴谋的主谋威廉·霍尔被判有罪,并在莱文沃思被判处终身监禁。
He wrote letters to his Osage friends.
他写信给他的奥塞奇族朋友。
鈥淒ear friends, how are you?
我亲爱的朋友们,你们好吗?
I never had better friends than the Osage Indians,and I was a true friend to them.
我从未有过,比奥塞奇印第安人更好的朋友了,我是他们真正的朋友。
I’d rather live in Gray Horse than anywhere else.
我宁愿住在“灰马墓地”,也不愿住在别的地方。
I’ll be back with you shortly.
我很快就回来。
How is my friend, Dah-kah-hee-ke?
我的朋友“达卡希克”怎么样了?
Din sande ven, W.K. Hale.”
你们真正的朋友,W.K.霍尔。”
Hale was released in 1947.
黑尔于1947年获释。
The committee justified the early release with good behavior,
委员会认为提前释放的理由是表现良好,
but not everyone was happy.
但并不是每个人都高兴。
“He was released because he bribed the politicians.
“他被释放是因为他贿赂了政客。
No one cares about Osage life.鈥
没人关心奥塞奇人的生活。
Hale was not allowed to appear in Oklahoma again, but he often visited his relatives.
霍尔不被允许再出现在俄克拉何马州,但他经常拜访他的亲戚。
“Do you want lunch, William?”
“你想吃午饭吗,威廉?”
“If that fool of Ernest’s had shut up, we’d have crowned days.”
“如果欧内斯特那个傻瓜闭嘴,我们就过好日子了。”
William Hale died in a nursing home in Arizona.
威廉·霍尔在亚利桑那州的一家养老院去世。
He lived to be 87 years old.
他活到了87岁。
Ernest Burkhart was sentenced to life in the Oklahoma State Penitentiary.
欧内斯特·伯克哈特被判在俄克拉荷马州监狱终身监禁。
“Wasn’t it you who tried to kill your Indian wife for oil money?”
“不是你为了“人头石油补偿款”,而试图杀死你的印第安妻子吗?”
A few years later he was pardoned and moved back to Osage County,
几年后,他被赦免并搬回了奥塞奇县,
where he ended his days with Byron in a scavenger hunt north of the city.
在那里,他和拜伦在城市北部的寻宝游戏中,结束了他的日子。
“Hand me a beer, bro.”
“给我一杯啤酒,兄弟。”
“Do you have fire for my Lucky Strike?”
“你有火点燃我的好彩牌香烟吗?”
Mollie divorced Ernest
莫莉和欧内斯特离了婚,
and lived with her new husband, John Cobb, on the reservation.
和她的新婚丈夫约翰·科布,住在保留地。
She died of diabetes on June 16, 1937.
1937年6月16日,她死于糖尿病。
The obituary simply said…
讣告上只是简单地说…
“Mrs. Mollie Cobb, aged 50,
“莫莉·科布夫人,50岁,
passed away at eleven o’clock Wednesday evening at his home.
星期三晚上十一点,在家中去世。
She was full-blooded Osage.
她是纯正的奥塞奇族。
She was buried in the cemetery at Gray Horse
她被葬在“灰马墓地”里,
beside his father, his mother,
在他父亲、母亲、
his sisters and his daughter.”
姐妹和女儿的旁边。”
The murders were not mentioned.
谋杀没有被提及。
DISTRIBUTOR UIP
BASED ON DAVID GRANN’S BOOK
根据大卫·格兰的书改编
IN MEMORY OF ROBBIE ROBERTSON
为了纪念robbie Robertson
THANKS TO THE OSAGE PEOPLE
感谢奥塞奇人
AND THE INHABITANTS OF GRAY HORSE, PAWHUSKA AND HOMINY
还有灰马,帕乌斯卡和荷米尼的居民
IN MEMORY OF JOHN WILLIAMS
为了纪念约翰·威廉姆斯
(BINGOWINGZ/UKBandit)