接下来,会发生什么?
I just know that it… It’s very complicated.
我只知道…这会很复杂。
The white man’s laws are just鈥
白人制定的法律就是…
Sometimes you have to do one thing, even if you want something else.
有时候,你不得不做一件事,即使你想做别的事。
I know it’s hard to understand as an Osage, but…
我知道,作为一个奥塞奇族人很难理解,但是…
Now I have to come in and tell the real truth.
现在我必须进来,说出真♥相♥。
About what the government men do to make me lie.
政♥府♥的人,是怎么让我撒谎的。
Do you know they beat me? They beat me and tortured me.
你知道他们打我吗?他们打我,折磨我。
They kept me awake for days to make me lie.
他们让我好几天睡不着,让我撒谎。
And say my uncle did these terrible things.
说我叔叔,做了这些可怕的事。
Now I think clearly again. I think clearly and…
现在我又想清楚了。我想得很清楚,而且…
I won’t lie. I want to do the right thing.
我不会说谎。我想做正确的事。
I want to protect my uncle because he needs that.
我想保护我叔叔,因为他需要保护。
What?
怎么?
What is it?
怎么回事?
When will you be home?
你什么时候回家?
In a few days. I’ll be home in a few days.
几天后。我过几天就回家。
Now listen here.
现在,听我说。
They arrest me and all that just for a sight.
他们逮捕我,就为了确定一些事。
But I don’t have any problems. Not at all.
但是我没有任何问题。一点都没有。
I haven’t done anything wrong.
我没做错什么。
They can just arrest me.
他们仅能逮捕我。
Make sure you know the way.
你要想好,你走的路。
– Are you testifying for us? – No I do not.
-你要为我们作证吗? -不,我不会的。
You don’t want to testify for the state?
你不想为州政♥府♥作证吗?
Exactly. Everything I told you was a lie.
完全正确。我告诉你们的一切,都是谎言。
Turn around.
转过身。
You are under arrest for the murder of Reta and Bill Smith.
你因涉嫌谋杀瑞塔和比尔·史密斯,而被捕了。
Why did they kill Anna Brown?
他们为什么要杀安娜·布朗?
– I was hired by WK Hale. – And what did he say?
-我受雇于W.K.霍尔。 -他说了什么?
I would get a thousand dollars, plus the 600 I owed him.
我将得到1000美元,加上我欠他的600美元。
– So you say you killed Anna Brown? – Yes.
-你说是你杀了安娜·布朗? —是的。
They took her out into what they call the Tremil Gorge, didn’t they?
他们把她带到了,他们称之为,特雷米尔峡谷的地方,对吧?
– Yeah. – What did you shoot her with?
-是的。 -你用什么打她的?
– An automatic pistol. – And where did you shoot her?
-自动手♥枪♥。 -你射中她哪里了?
On top of the head. She died of it.
在头顶上。 她因此而死。
– They say you were pretty drunk. – Yes.
-他们说,你喝得很醉。 —是的。
– But you knew very well, you killed her? – Yes.
-但你很清楚,是你杀了她? —是的。
And how did you get Anna Brown down there where you killed her?
你是怎么把安娜·布朗弄到那里,杀了她的?
– Byron and I carried her down there. – Did you get her drunk first?
-拜伦和我,把她抱下去了。 -是你,先把她灌醉的吗?
– Yes. – Was she lying down when you killed her?
—是的。 -你杀她的时候,她躺着吗?
– No. – How was she then positioned?
—没有。 -她当时的姿势,是怎样的?
Hun sad op.
不好说。
Byron lifted her up. He pulled her up and held her.
拜伦把她扶了起来。他把她拉起来,抱着她。
So you showed him how to hold a drunk, helpless Indian woman
所以你教他,如何把一个喝醉的,无助的印第安女人
at the bottom of the ravine while you put a bullet through her brain?
抱在谷底,然后你一枪,射穿她的脑袋?
– Yes. – What happened afterwards?
—是的。 -后来,发生了什么?
– He let go of her so she fell. – Did she scream?
-他放开了她,所以她摔倒了。 -她尖叫了吗?
– No. – And did you stand and watch her die?
—没有。 -你站在那里,看着她死吗?
– No. – Were you satisfied with your work?
—没有。 -你对你的工作,满意吗?
– Yes. – So you turned around and left?
—是的。 -所以你就转身离开了?
And.
是的。
Have you seen the ravine where you killed Anna Brown?
你见过你杀死安娜·布朗的那个峡谷吗?
I must have seen it a hundred times.
我肯定看过上百遍了。
Since then? Did you go out to see where you shot Anna Brown?
从那时起吗? 你有没有再去看看,你射杀安娜·布朗的地方?
– No. – No?
-没有。 -没有?
– No. – Then why did you go out there?
—没有。 -那你为什么要去那里?
It’s alright. Just tell the jurors.
这没事的。告诉陪审员们。
It is a good…
那是一个…
It’s a great place to drink and party. You can’t see it from the road.
这是一个喝酒和聚会的好地方。你从路上看不到它。
Where did you go after you shot Anna Brown?
你射杀安娜·布朗后去了哪里?
I spent the night at Bill Hale’s.
我在比尔·霍尔家过的夜。
– And what did you do? – We continued to drink.
-那你又做了什么? -我们继续喝酒。
Where did Byron go?
拜伦去了哪里?
Home to Mollie.
去了莫莉家。
No, Molly.
谢谢,莫莉。
You are welcome.
别客气。
– Be careful where you step. – Be careful … If you want to kill me,
-走路要小心。 -小心点…如果你想杀我,
– I’ll kill you. – Stop it. Sit here.
-我就要杀了你。 -别说了。坐在这里。
Come on. Get up.
别躺下。坐起来。
– Hold her upright. – Straighten up.
-扶直她。 -扶直了。
– Such. Hold her up. – Yes Yes.
—这样的。把她扶起来。 -是的,是的。
– I’ll kill you… – Like that.
-我要杀你… -就像这样。
Ernest.
欧内斯特。
Wake up.
醒来。
And.
是的。
What?
怎么?
What is it?
怎么回事?
It is not easy to say.
很难说出口。
I have to tell you … that your child is dead.
我得告诉你…你的孩子死了。
– Which child? – I don’t know the name.
-哪个孩子? -我不知道名字。
Whose? Is…
谁的? 难道是…
Cowboy? Which one of them?
“牛仔”吗? 是他们中的谁?
Did one of the children have weak lungs?
是不是其中一个孩子的肺功能很弱?
– Yes. – Whooping cough?
-是的。 -百日咳?
No … Who told you that? Who said that?
不…谁告诉你的?谁说的?
One of our agents in Fairfax notified me.
我们在费尔法克斯的一个探员通知了我。
Mollie took care of it … and brought the baby home.
莫莉处理好了…把孩子带回家。
– There’s no one… – It’s Anna. Is it not?
-没人… -是安娜。是不是啊?
It is not easy.
都很难过。
No! Goddamn! They have taken my child.
不!该死的!他们带走了我的孩子。
May god be with you.
愿上帝与你同在。
I am sorry.
我很抱歉。
What now?
现在怎么办?
The child died.
孩子死了。
– Which one of them? – The small.
-哪一个? -小的那个。
The small?
小的?
Oh, my boy.
哦,我的孩子。
Oh God! They have taken…
哦,上帝!他们带走了…
No.
不。
Ernest.
欧内斯特。
Little Anna is with the Lord now.
小安娜现在和主在一起了。
Ernest.
欧内斯特。
Lord be gracious to us. Lord, Lord, Lord.
愿主恩待我们。主啊,主啊,主啊。
Good day, King.
你好,“国王”。
How are they?
他们怎么样?
– Not that good. – No. I can feel it too.
-不太好。 —是的。我也能感觉到。
You know I have to take care of the two kids and Mollie now.
你知道,我现在得照顾两个孩子和莫莉。
So…
所以…
– What do you mean? – You know what that means.
-什么意思? -你知道那是什么意思。
I … I testify.
我…我作证。
It is a fierce choice to make in the midst of all that adversity.
在逆境中,做出这样的选择,是非常艰难的。
– Are you sure you want it? – Yes.
-你确定要做吗? —是的。
I have to.
我只得这样做。
– Will they let you go? – They let me go, yes.
-他们会放你走吗? -他们让我走了,是的。
They do not comply with that.
他们不遵守这一点。
Yes, it is the state, and that is what they said.
是的,这可是州政♥府♥啊,他们就是这么说的。
It is the state. That’s why I say it.
正是州政♥府♥。所以我才这么说。
All this will only lead to the family being divided. Do you want to do that?
这一切只会导致家族分♥裂♥。你想这么做吗?
It makes no difference, and I say that completely sincerely.
这没什么区别,我是真心实意地说的。
If there’s one thing my life has taught me, it’s that this doesn’t make a difference.
如果说,我的生活教会了我一件事,那就是,这并没有什么区别。
You know things are different now, right?
你知道,现在情况不同了,对吧?
No Osage will support you. No one supports you anymore.
没有一个奥塞奇族会支持你。没有人再支持你了。
– They love me then. – No, they don’t listen.
-他们喜欢我。 -不,他们不再听你的话了。
They know who gave them the roads,and who gave them the hospitals and the schools. They know that.
他们知道,是谁给他们修建道路,是谁给他们建立医院和学校。他们知道的。
I have brought them into the 20th century.
是我,把他们带进了20世纪。
They don’t support you, Bill.
他们不会支持你的,比尔。
– Yes, they do. – No. It is over.
-是的,他会的。 —不。一切都结束了。
There might be some insurrection for a while.
可能会有一段时间的暴♥乱♥。
But then people forget that.
但后代人们,会忘记这些的。
They don’t remember and they don’t care.