他没有为你做任何事。
Except …
另外…
… to make you do bad things and take advantage of you because of your … disposition.
…让你做坏事,利用你,因为你的…性格。
Shouldn’t we start over?
我们不应该重新开始吗?
I …
我…
I want to go home to my wife.
我想回家找我妻子。
Did you see …
你明白…
Tell me what to do.
告诉我该怎么做。
Do you know who killed Henry Roan?
你知道是谁杀了亨利·罗安吗?
Stay where you are.
好好坐在那儿。
I’m going to arrest you.
我要逮捕你。
You know anything about the Henry Roan murder?
你知道亨利·罗恩的谋杀案吗?
I know nothing about that.
我对那件事一无所知。
I have a man here who says he is your friend and that you know something about it.
我这里有个人,他说他是你的朋友,你知道一些事情。
Who?
谁?
So I hang on to it?
那我还坚持个屁啊?
And.
是的。
Find the pencil.
找支笔来。
where is my husband
我丈夫在哪里?
– Does she have a doctor? – No, she doesn’t want to see them.
-她有医生吗? -不,她不想看医生。
We’ll take her with us.
我们带她一起走。
– Are you real? – Are you ready?
-你是真的吗? -准备好了吗?
early
厄里。
where is my husband
我丈夫在哪里?
We get help.
我们需要帮手。
Mrs. Burkhart? She needs heroin, two milligrams.
布克哈特夫人?她需要注射海♥洛♥因♥,两毫克。
Do you want to be protected?
你想要被保护吗?
Against whom?
针对谁?
Against … Against my uncle.
针对…针对我叔叔。
– Hello, Harve. – Bill.
-你好,哈维。 -比尔。
I can understand, I’m wanted. I have come to register.
我能理解,我被通缉了。我是来登记的。
– What should you have done? – Killed people, they say.
-你应该怎么做? -他们说,有人被杀了。
– Well, that sounds unlikely, Bill. – Arrest me.
-听起来不太可能,比尔。 -逮捕我吧。
– We don’t need that. – It is fine. Just do it.
-我们不需要那样。 -没事的。只管去做。
Mr. Hale, may we have a comment?
霍尔先生,我们能谈谈吗?
– What do you know about the murders? – Just a comment? “I am innocent”?
-你对谋杀案了解多少? -只是一句陈述? “我是无辜的”?
Innocent as a newborn. More.
-我像新生儿一样无辜。-还有更多要说的吗?
mr. House!
霍尔先生!
When can I talk to my wife? You promised that if I testified.
我什么时候,可以和我妻子说话?你保证过,如果我出庭作证
She is in the hospital in Pawhuska.
她在帕乌斯卡的医院里。
– At the hospital? Is she okay? – It doesn’t seem that way.
-在医院?她还好吗? -似乎不是这样的。
Tell me to write to her.
叫我给她写信。
– Where are they taking you? – I’m going somewhere else now.
-他们要带你去哪里? -我现在要去别的地方。
Where are they going?
他们要去哪里?
Where are we going?
我们去哪里?
We are not charging you with anything for testifying.
我们不会因为你作证,而起诉你了。
You want to go home to Mollie and the kids,
你想回家陪莫莉和孩子们,
but it is best that you get far away so that you escape Hale and his wolves.
但你最好离得远远的,这样你就能逃脱霍尔和他的狼群了。
Are you following?
你听懂了吗?
Where do you live?
你住在哪里?
In jail.
在监狱。
– How long do you have to serve? – I got a life sentence.
-你要服刑多久? -我被判无期徒刑。
– For the coup in Drumright? – Yes.
-为德鲁姆莱特的事件? —是的。
And it was William Hale who arranged it?
是威廉·霍尔策划的吗?
He did, yes. Funny enough, right?
是他做的。很有趣,对吧?
Write down.
写下来。
“Judge not” by William K. Hale.
威廉·k·霍尔的《勿妄论断》。
– Who told you to kill Bill and Reta Smith? – William Hale and Ernest Burkhart.
-谁叫你去杀比尔和雷塔·史密斯的? —威廉·霍尔和欧内斯特·伯克哈特。
– Have you had contact with mr. Tail side? – Yes, I actually have.
-你和霍尔先生联♥系♥过吗? -是的,我有。
He sent a message to my cell.
他送消息给我的牢房♥。
– He asked me to kill his nephew, Ernest. – Mr. Thompson.
-他让我杀了他的侄子,欧内斯特。 -汤普森先生。
Even the most illiterate criminal has a right to to prove his innocence before a jury trial. Don’t judge.
即使是最不识字的罪犯,也有权在陪审团审判前,证明自己的清白。勿妄论断。
Yes, he wrote that he could help me escape.
是的,他写道,他能帮我逃跑。
When I got out, I was going to take Ernest to Mexico and kill him.
等我出来,我要带欧内斯特去墨西哥,并杀了他。
I replied that I would not testify if he got me out.
我回答说,如果他把我弄出来,我就不作证。
– And how did it go? – How did what?
-结果如何? -还能怎么样?
Mr. Hale’s promise of escape.
霍尔先生对逃跑的承诺。
I’m sitting here talking to you. It didn’t go terribly well.
我还不是,坐在这里跟你们说话。事情进展得太不顺利了。
Don’t judge.
勿妄论断
Put it in the Pawhuska Daily Journal, Fairfax Chief,
把声明刊登在《帕乌斯卡日报》,《费尔法克斯酋长报》
– Hominy JournalogOsage County News. – Ja, mr. Hale.
-及《玉米之乡奥塞奇县新闻报》上。 -是的,霍尔先生。
Your mother is leaving.
你妈妈能走路了。
Isn’t it lovely?
是不是很可爱?
This is it.
就看你的了。
Craving is the way.
出路就在你脚下。
I demand to confer with mr. Burkhart in private!
我强烈要求和伯克哈特先生,进行私下沟通!
– Completely unheard of. – Ernest Burkhart is my client!
-从无前例可循。 -欧内斯特·伯克哈特是我的客户!
– It’s against the rules. – I demand to speak with mr. Burkhart!
-这是违反诉讼规则的。 -我要求和伯克哈特先生谈谈!
He cannot represent both the accused and the witness. There is a conflict of interest.
他不能同时代理,被告和证人。这中间存在利益冲突。
He’s been gone for two months!
他已经离开两个月了!
I have not been able to communicate with him until he testifies.
在他作证之前,我无法与他沟通。
It’s witness influence!
这会影响证言!
Mr. Burkhart, is this man really your attorney?
伯克哈特先生,这个人真的是你的律师吗?
I do not know. I don’t have any contract with him, but…
我不知道。我和他没有任何合同,但是…
I want to talk to him.
我想和他谈谈。
The rules forbid it, Your Highness.
规则不允许,法官大人。
The prosecution does not allow conversation between mr. Hamilton and the witness,before the trial begins!
在审判开始前,控方不允许辩方律师汉密尔顿先生,与证人对话!
The Wahzhazhe people deserve justice!
瓦扎哲人应该得到正义支持!
Give him to us! Then I shall be his executioner!
把他给我们!那我就做他的刽子手!
Mr. Burkhart will be remanded in custody. Get him out of here.
伯克哈特先生将被还押候审。把他带下去。
The court is adjourned until ten o’clock tomorrow. Clear the courtroom.
法庭休庭,明天十点钟开庭。离开法庭。
Pardon …
我很抱歉…
… all the problems.
…所有的过错。
I’m taking you home now.
我现在送你回家。
Brother.
兄弟。
Brother.
兄弟。
Freeling and Hamilton will see you at Hale’s tonight. And talk things through.
费林和汉密尔顿今晚在霍尔家见面。把事情说清楚。
– Sherif. – Ernest.
-治安官。 -欧内斯特。
Tante Myrtie.
玛蒂婶婶。
Ernest, you know mr. Soloway? From Solowey Oil?
欧内斯特,你认识索洛维先生吗?索洛维石油公♥司♥?
And of course Mr. Kraceon from Kraceon Oil.
当然还有克拉星石油公♥司♥的克拉星先生。
Sit down.
坐下吧。
If you testify against your uncle,you should know that it can be used against you for the rest of your life.
如果你指证你叔叔,你应该知道,这可能会在你的余生中,被用来指证你。
And you could be convicted of the Smith murders and spend the rest of your days in prison. Can you see it?
你可能会被判谋杀史密斯,在监狱里度过余生。你能明白吗?
No, I probably hadn’t thought that through.
不,我可能还没想清楚这些。
They give you the rope to hang yourself. Can you see it?
他们给了你上吊的绳子。你能明白吗?
He can’t see it.
他不明白。
– Ernest! – Me.
-欧内斯特! -我。
If you do this, you’re murdering your uncle.
如果你这么做,你就是在谋杀你的叔叔。
Ernest, do you want it?
欧内斯特,你真想这么做吗?
Do you want him to die in prison? Will you, Ernest?
你想让他死在监狱里吗?你愿意吗,欧内斯特?
No, of course I won’t, Myrtie. You know that.
不,我当然不会,玛蒂。你知道的。
Yes. You have the power to save his life.
是的。你有能力救他的命。
He saves you, you stupid boy!
他救了你,你这个傻孩子!
– Would you like to go home now? – Yes I will.
-你现在想回家吗? -是的,我愿意。
– Do you want to see your wife and children? – Yes.
-你想见你的妻子和孩子吗? —是的。
These men from the government…
这些政♥府♥的人…
They beat you and they tortured you.
他们打了你,还要折磨你。
No, they didn’t. But they kept me awake for several days.
不,他们没有。但他们让我好几天没睡。
No! They beat you! They beat you.
不!他们打了你!他们打了你。
– Yes, they beat me. – Thanks.
-是的,他们打我。 —谢谢。
I dreamed. – Yes?
我做了个梦。 -是的?
We went to Colorado Springs.
我们去了科罗拉多斯普林斯。
You told me all your secrets and I put them in a box for you.
你告诉我你所有的秘密,我帮你把它们装进盒子里。
We went down to the river and threw them all in.
我们走到河边,把它们都扔了进去。
We were happy.
我们曾经很快乐。
Have I told you how beautiful you are now? Just look at you.
我跟你说过,你现在有多漂亮吗?看看你。
You are radiant.
你容光焕发。
The insulin works, doesn’t it?
胰岛素起作用了,不是吗?
So you had to get worse before you got better.
所以,你在变好之前,必须先变坏。
What happens next?