I only got the assignment a week ago.
我一周前才接到委派。
– Who did you get it from? The president? – No, by J. Edgar Hoover.
-谁派你来的?总统吗? -不,是J埃德加·胡佛。
I don’t know him.
我不知道他。
I hear you are the King of the Osage Hills and the man I am to speak with.
我听说,你是奥塞奇山的“国王”,也是我要找的人。
They can get my point. Presumably they will be the death of the brain
他们能理解我的意思。据推测,这将是一群外来者,
committed by a group of outside men, possibly Negroes.
可能是黑人,造成的死亡案件。
– Did you see what happened in Tulsa? – Yes.
-你看到塔尔萨发生的事了吗? —是的。
It could also just be bad luck.
也可能只是运气不好。
Anna Brown, dirty mouth. A friend, but dirty mouth. It had to happen.
安娜·布朗,爱说脏话,虽说是朋友,毕竟嘴太脏。这事必然发生她身上。
Henry Roan was melancholic. You probably know that.
亨利·罗安有忧郁症。你可能知道。
And then there was Charlie Whitehorn, one of the strangest people in the world.
还有查理.怀特霍恩,他是世界上最奇怪的人之一。
What about the other dead Osage Indians?
其他死去的奥塞奇印第安人呢?
– 25, if it’s not almost 30 now. – Yes.
– 25个,如果现在,还不到30个的话。 —是的。
It seems more like an epidemic than an accident.
这更像是传染病,而不是意外。
Yes, you should probably talk to our justice of the peace.
是的,你应该和我们的治安官谈谈。
I have been to him. He wasn’t much help.
我去过他那里。他帮不上什么忙。
– Wasn’t he? The head chief? – I have also spoken to him.
-和他呢?那个大酋长? -我也跟他谈过了。
They said I should talk to you.
他们说,我应该跟你谈谈。
We will have put an end to those deaths, but not here.
我们将终结那些死亡,但不是在这里。
I would like to answer your questions. We can meet somewhere else. Not right here.
我愿意回答大家的问题。我们可以在别的地方见面。不是在这里。
Then I’ll just find you later.
那我过一会儿,再找你。
Thank you. Sorry, I disturbed the shave.
谢谢你!对不起,我打扰你刮胡子了。
Shame it doesn’t matter. I hear from you.
没关系,没关系。我就在这里等你。
Blackie.
布莱基。
Look ahead.
看前方。
Government people go and mess things up.
政♥府♥的人正在四处打探。
I got my punishment.
我受过惩罚了。
It’s stupid to stay where there’s trouble.
呆在有麻烦的地方,是愚蠢的。
I owe you because you helped my nephew. You kept your mouth shut about the car theft.
我欠你人情,因为你帮了我外甥。你要对偷车的事,守口如瓶。
Go somewhere else for a while. Stay away from the city.
去别的地方躲一段时间。远离城市。
You can go to Drumright.
你可以去德拉姆赖特。
– Drumright? – Yes.
-德拉姆赖特? -是的。
Try to be there early. The Negro opens at sunrise.
你尽量早点去那儿。黑人在黎明是开门。
We thank you for the favors.
我们感谢你的帮助。
God damn!
该死!
Hands up!
把手举起来!
Damn it.
该死。
德拉姆赖特银行
Fold and up. Fold and up.
屈腿停滞。屈腿挺直。
Thank you, Bill, for your support of the town and all you have done for the people here.
谢谢你,比尔,谢谢你对小镇的支持以及你为这里的人们所做的一切。
And now this beautiful dance school.
现在是这个美丽的舞蹈学校。
Ladies and gentlemen, Bill Hale, our sponsor.
女士们先生们,有请我们的赞助人,比尔·霍尔。
We have a gift for you and invite you into our home as a thank you for the medicine.
我们为你准备了一份礼物,邀请你到我们家来,感谢你的药。
Have you made it?
这是你做的?
Did your girls get a pony?
你的女儿们有小马了吗?
– Yes. Thanks Bill. – No problem.
—是的。谢谢你,比尔。 -不客气。
Bob, you need to mind your business tonight.
鲍勃,你今晚管好你自己的生意。
I heard they are planning to rob your store at 11pm.
我听说,他们计划在晚上11点,抢劫你的店。
Maybe it’s the gems you’ve been saving.
也许是你一直保存的宝石。
Two whites and a Negro.
两个白人和一个黑人。
Thank you.
谢谢你。
You’re welcome.
不用客气。
Acie, here’s the money I owe you. With great appreciation.
埃希,这是我欠你的钱。非常感谢。
Do you know the federal police are here?
你知道联邦警♥察♥来了吗?
They’re investigating that explosion.
他们正在调查那次爆♥炸♥。
This is Indian country, so it’s not going to be a problem.
这是印第安保留地,所以不会有问题。
You should take some time off.
你应该休息一段时间。
I have a good opportunity for you if you will listen to me.
如果你肯听我的话,我有一个好机会提供给你。
– Of course. – Okay.
-当然。 —好的。
Stop, thieving swine!
站住,偷东西的猪!
Good day.
日安。
Is it Henry Grammer’s camp? Do you know where we can find him?
是亨利.格拉默的营地吗?你知道我们在哪能找到他吗?
An angel came and wrapped her great wings around his chest.
一位天使走过来,用她巨大的翅膀环绕着他的胸膛。
Now he’s down with the snakes.
现在他和蛇在一起了。
– When did it happen? – Yesterday.
-什么时候发生的? —昨天。
Give it to me.
把它给我。
– What? – Come outside.
-什么? -出来。
Now, I’m stepping.
我可没退出呢。
What is it?
怎么了?
Byron?
拜伦?
– What is it? – Ernest.
-怎么了? -欧内斯特。
If you are charged, you win the case. It will be OK.
如果你被起诉,你就赢了。一切都会好的。
– What… – You win.
-什么… -你赢了。
What are you talking about? What were they going to charge me with?
你在说什么?他们要以什么罪名起诉我?
Ernest, I have many friends. Many, many friends.
欧内斯特,我有很多朋友。很多很多朋友。
So I have the best lawyers. They protect me and they will protect you.
所以我有最好的律师。他们不但会保护我,也会保护你。
So don’t worry. No one is coming for you.
所以不用担心。没人会来找你。
Thank you, King.
谢谢你,“国王”。
– What? – It is just …
-怎么了? -这只是…
– What is it? – His stomach is in knots.
-怎么了? -他的胃痉挛犯病了。
– Are you okay? – Yes Yes. Myrtie is shaken.
-你没事吧? -是的,是的。默蒂吓了一跳。
Willie is hysterical. And I don’t know how…
威利歇斯底里了。我不知道怎么…
I do not know what to do.
我不知道,该怎么办。
But you must sign here.
但是你必须在这里签名。
If something happens to you, the plots of land must stay in the family. We have to.
如果你出了什么事,那块“人头土地权”必须留在家族里。我们必须这么做。
They must stay in the family. You know that.
它们必须留在家族里。你知道的。
If something happens to me?
我会出了什么事吗?
What could happen?
谁能知道?
Nothing happens then. It’s just a formality.
然后什么也没发生。这只是个形式。
Nothing happens because I make sure nothing happens.
什么都不会发生,因为我要确保,什么都不会发生。
Have you signed?
你签字了吗?
– Yes, he has signed. – My wife is not sick.
-是的,他已经签字了。 -我妻子没得病。
She’s not sick, but he signed. We must all sign.
她没病,但他签了。我们都必须签字。
That way, we are sure that the money stays in the family.
这样,我们就能确保钱,留在家族里。
Listen up.
听好了。
– Byron, let’s be a little bit. – Yes.
-拜伦,让我们单独谈谈。 —好的。
– Are you okay? – Yes I …
-你没事吧? -是的,我…
I’m fine enough.
我很好。
You are not afraid? Because there is no reason for that.
你不害怕吗?因为没有理由这么做。
No I …
不,我…
– Are you giving her the syringes? – The syringes? Yes.
-你要给她注射了吗? -注射?是的。
Yes, I do what I have to do.
是的,我做我该做的。
– Are you giving it all to her? – Yes.
-你都给她都注射了吗? —是的。
– Remember to give her everything. – So do I, King.
-记得给她都注射了。 -我是这么做的,“国王”。
I’m doing as we agreed. I keep her calm. She is calm.
我在按我们说好的做。我让她保持平静。她很平静。
Just take care of it.
照顾好它。
Ernest, I know you love Mollie and I love her too.
欧内斯特,我知道你爱莫莉,我也爱她。
But the truth is鈥
但真♥相♥是…
She will die soon.
她很快就要死了。
You know that. We can do nothing. It is in God’s hands.
你知道的。我们什么也做不了。它掌握在上帝的手中。
And he is waiting for her.
他 在等她。
You must stay by her side and give her medicine for the pain.
你必须呆在她身边,给她吃药止痛。
You will never regret your time with her until she returns to eternity.
你永远不会后悔和她在一起的时光,直到她回归永恒。
You will never regret it.
你永远不会后悔的。
And you are strong now.
你现在很强壮。
– Does not? You are strong. – Yes.
-不是吗?你很强壮。 —是的。
Be there for her.
陪伴她。
And sign here.
在这里签名。
– Shall I sign? – You have to.
-要我签字吗? -你必须这么做。
Okay, King.
好吧,国王。
Good evening, boys. John.
-早上好,小伙子们。 -约翰。
Here’s what I’ve found out.
以下是我的发现。
I was over in Ralston yesterday. I met a man named Alvin Reynolds.
我昨天在拉尔斯顿。我遇到了一个叫阿尔文·雷诺兹的人。
He could tell many things.
他能说出很多事情。
I knew all the murdered Indians.
我认识所有被谋杀的印第安人。
They gave poisoned liquor to dogs, just to see what would happen.
他们把毒酒给狗喝,只是想看看会发生什么。
And they killed coyotes. I don’t care for coyotes,
他们杀土狼。我虽不喜欢土狼,
but it is not right, when they could die a natural death.
但这是不对的,应该让它们自然死亡。
My son-in-law tells me to keep my mouth shut.
我女婿叫我闭嘴。
That they kill me too.
不然,他们也会杀了我。
But I’m going to die soon anyway, so now I’ll tell you who it was.