出去了
He’s out.
和一名大四橄榄球队员
With a senior football player.
是作家
A writer.
还很帅
And handsome, too.
叫詹姆斯?
James?
对了 叫杰克
Jack. There it is.
杰克
Jack.
你不能待在这
You’re not allowed to be here.
有意思 在这我是他唯一的依恋
That’s odd since I’m the only thing keeping him here.
再也不是了
Not anymore.
给句忠告
Piece of advice.
你不了解卢
You don’t know Lu.
一旦你自认为了解 他便有了别人
As soon as you think you do, he’ll find someone else.
说不定已经有了
Maybe he already has.
怎么 要搬过来住?
What, are you moving in?
你去哪了?
Where have you been?
我找到一个真正的作家
I found a real writer.
进哥大前 他已发表无数作品
Already a million words under his belt before Columbia.
你说杰克?
You mean Jack?
为什么不告诉我?
Why didn’t you tell me?
怎么 还要做新闻宣传?
What, am I supposed to do newsreels?
那是什么?
What’s that?
哦 没什么
Oh, nothing.
要留宿的话 别抢我毯子
If you’re going to stay, don’t hog the blanket.
为什么杰克是真正的作家?
Why is Jack a real writer?
你见到他就明白了
Once you meet him, you’ll see what I mean.
嘿 艾尔 – 不
Hey, Al. – No.
接着 – 不
Come on. – No.
不要
No.
哦!真笨
Oh! Fumble.
杰克 刚怎么了?
Jack, what was that?
猫弄的
The damn cat.
嘘!这是她画的 别多嘴
Shh! She painted it. Say nothing.
嘿 这什么时候到的? – 今天
Hey, when did this come? – Today.
山米寄的 他现在在哪?
It’s from Sammy. Where is he now?
不知道 某艘战舰上吧
I don’t know. Some battleship.
你觉得怎样?
What do you think?
杰作 不是么?
It’s brilliant, no?
漏了些句号♥和逗号♥
It’s missing some periods and commas.
也比你任何一篇要好
It’s better than anything you’ve ever written.
我起码会用标点
I use periods and commas.
都给我安静
Both of you, quiet.
凯鲁亚克 你还好么 老兄?
Kerouac. How are you, chum?
你个混♥蛋♥ 山米
Sammy, you bastard.
山米是谁?
Who’s Sammy?
我十二岁起就认识的好友 在海军效力
My best friend since I was 12. Off in the Navy.
我们经历了德军二十天的轰炸
We’ve just been through 20 days of German shelling
每三小时一轮 日夜不停
every three hours, night and day.
这是我最近最后一封信了
This will be my last one for a while.
去桌子边坐好
Go sit at the table.
应该会很美…
It’s supposed to be beautiful…
我不知道有客人
I didn’t know we were having guests.
这是什么
What’s this?
我本来要做炖菜的
I was aiming for stew.
然后?炖坏了
Yeah? You missed.
过来 伙计们
Come on, guys.
你去哪? – 出去
Where are you going? – Out.
出去?我为你做了一天的饭
Out? I have been cooking all day for you.
要不然?想我怎样?吃鞋皮么?
What? What do you want? Want me to eat shoe leather?
我饿了 而你却只捣鼓出一坨亵渎之物
I’m hungry, and what you do in the kitchen’s unholy.
真可笑 你听起来像天主教♥徒♥
That’s funny. You talk like a Catholic,
但你操了我 却不肯娶我
but you fuck me and won’t marry me.
这又算什么? – 闭嘴 伊迪
How does that work? – Shut your mouth, Edie.
还以为你喜欢我张开嘴呢
I thought you liked it wide open.
快滚
Scram.
呃…
Um…
我叫艾伦
Allen.
艾尔 你觉得我写得很烂?
So, Al. Thought my novel was shit?
也不是 只是我不会选…
Not exactly. It’s not what I would choose…
确实
It’s all true.
杰克在商船供职
Jack served in the merchant marines.
我退过两次学了
I left school twice already.
哥大♥禁♥锢太多
Columbia’s full of squares.
不知我为什么要回来
Not even sure why I bothered to come back.
为什么不再出海算了?
Why don’t you just ship out again?
说真的 有时我跟伊迪吵架时 确实想过
Trust me, sometimes when I fight with Edie, I want to.
你们确实才吵过
Well, you two did just fight.
卡尔 你真♥他♥妈♥疯了
Carr, you’re goddamn crazy.
“新视觉” – 是的
“A new vision.” – Yeah.
听上去挺假
Sounds phony.
运动被那些不会写作的
Movements are cooked up by people
伪作家所支配
who can’t write about the people who can.
我想他没弄清我们的意图
I don’t think he gets what we’re trying to do.
听着
Listen to me.
全城都充斥着
This whole town’s full of finks
在高楼里 写着陈词滥调的“坐家”
on the 30th floor writing pure chintz.
真正的作家 应是在床上
Writers. A real writer’s gotta be in the beds,
在战壕 和在所有破碎之地的人
down in the trenches and all the broken places.
你的战壕在哪 艾尔?
Where were your trenches, Al?
是艾伦 – 对
Allen. – Right.
初衷便是最好
First thought, best thought.
去你♥妈♥的♥ 那到底什么意思?
Fuck you. What does that even mean?
不错 这算一句 还有么?
That’s good. That’s one. What else?
去你♥妈♥的♥无数作品
Fuck your one million words.
对 更好了
Yes, even better.
你不了解我
You don’t know me.
是的
You’re right.
“你”是谁?
Who is “you”?
“留心”
“Be careful.
“你不在奇境中”
“You are not in Wonderland.
“我听见怪异的癫狂 在你灵魂中疯长”
“I’ve heard the strange madness long growing in your soul.
“但所幸 你无知”
“But you are fortunate in your ignorance,
“你离群”
“in your isolation.
“你的痛楚”
“You who have suffered
“发掘了藏爱之处”
“find where love hides.
“给予 分享 错失”
“Give, share, lose,
“阻止我们懵懂中死去”
“lest we die unbloomed.”
艾尔?
Al?
很美 小子
That was beautiful, kid.
你写的?
You wrote that?
你要我写的
You asked me to.
去他的哥大
Forget Columbia.
去他的奥格登·纳什
Forget Ogden Nash.
这样计划 伙计们 我们加入商船
Here’s the plan, boys. We join the merchant marines,
环游世界 直到战争结束
sail the world until the war ends,
再跳船 到巴黎寻求自♥由♥
then jump ship and make it to Paris for the liberation.
但你不会法语
And you don’t speak French.
杰克会
Jack does.
我们能一起从头开始
It’ll be us together at the beginning.
那会是完美的一天
It’ll be the perfect day.
老天 – 举起手来
Jesus Christ. – Get your hands in the air.
你考上大学
You have managed to matriculate and drop out
却从杜兰大学 鲍登学院和芝加哥大学退学
of Tulane, Bowdoin and the University of Chicago.
你出勤率不容乐观
Your attendance record here is abominable.
你无视宵禁
You’ve ignored curfew.
好不容易交的作业
Your papers, when you bother to turn them in,
还超出页数规定
exceed the assigned page limit.
能说明 你为什么来哥大么?
Can you explain why you’re at Columbia?
跟你一个原因
Well, the same reason you are.
什么原因?
What is that?