你去哪了?
Where were you?
跟朋友出去了
I was out with a friend.
我打了你电♥话♥ – 我知道
I called you. – I know.
该走了 金斯伯格女士
It’s time to go, Mrs. Ginsberg.
不 我不准你走
No, you’re not leaving.
他已经签字了 – 爸 不要
He’s already signed the papers. Dad, don’t.
这是为你好 儿子 – 为你吧
It’s for the best, son. – Your best.
你知道 这是为她好
You know… It’s for her best.
不是为我 是为她好 瞧瞧她
It’s not for my best. It’s for her best. Look at her.
不 – 再听听她说的
No. Listen to her.
他不会… – 不是这样的 别…
He’s not gonna… I know it’s not. Don’t…
妈 别这样 走开
Mom. Mom. Mom. Get off.
都是你的错
This is your fault.
够合你口味?
Complicated enough?
至少你还有妈妈
At least you have her.
我四岁时 就被父亲抛弃了
My father left me when I was four.
我一直在想叶芝的话
I’ve been thinking about what Yeats said.
重生之前 必有一死
To be reborn, you have to die first.
你什么意思?
What do you suggest?
我穷尽一生 取悦他人
I spent my entire life making other people happy.
现在该轮到我 来寻求快乐了
It’s time I find happiness the only way I see possible.
哦 拜托
Oh, please.
死气沉沉
Die already.
热忱呢?灵气呢?
Where’s the verve? The brio?
若我的意识不是为
If it be that I am indulging my self-consciousness
证明自己而存在 那就是…
in justifying myself or if it be…
你没分段 – 别纠正我
That’s a run-on. – Don’t edit me.
新视觉宣布…
The New Vision declares…
“宣告”更好
“Proclaims. ” It’s better.
宣告道德已死
Proclaims the death of morality.
自我表露
The expression of self.
表露真实 自在 无保留的自我
The true, uninhibited, uncensored expression of the self.
用词太空 小伙子们
Words, boys. Empty words.
那你觉得呢?
Well, what do you suggest?
扰乱理智
The derangement of the senses.
什么让你恨之入骨?
What do you hate from the pit of your gut?
制度
Institutions.
新泽西 帕特森市
Paterson, New Jersey.
我父亲
My father.
不错
Bingo.
还有莎士比亚…
And the Shakespeare…
好吧
All right.
超凡之人驱使社会前进
Extraordinary men propel society forward.
我们的使命 便是打破法则
It is our duty to break the law.
是么? – 如此才能令世界宽广
Really? It’s how we make the world wider.
你就是超凡之人
You are an extraordinary man.
谢谢
Well, thank you.
全撕烂 小伙子们 破旧立新吧
Tear ’em up, boys. Destroy the old and build the new.
看好了
Watch this.
去吧
Go.
这到底怎么回事?
What the hell is this?
随着时间放缓
Time slows down
你渐渐迈入内心深处
as you drift deeper and deeper into your cave.
我们在探索他的心灵之路
We are exploring the avenues of Allen’s mind.
这路肯定阴暗 你们对我房♥间做了什么?
Dimly lit, I’m sure. What have you done to my apartment?
什么也别碰 这些都还要记录
Don’t touch anything. We need to write it all down.
拿把剪刀来 给他把剪刀
Grab a pair of scissors. Get this man a pair of scissors.
这不是你们的革命 这是我的生活
This is not your revolution. This is my life.
你有什么样的生活 戴维?
What kind of life is it, David?
这是我的生活
It’s mine.
不是每个人都能介入
Not everyone gets an allowance.
走吧
Leave.
给我滚
Just get out.
我要跟你谈谈
I need to speak with you.
就你我
Alone.
只用写五页
It only has to be five pages.
我没那么用功 他们会怀疑的
You make me too smart, they’re gonna suspect something’s up.
再让你退学回家?
And get you sent back to your mother again?
那你也只能回家了
That would just be the end of you.
去你♥妈♥的♥
Fuck you.
抛弃你的挚爱
Kill your darlings,
迷恋的对象 幼稚虚幻的东西
your crushes, your juvenile metaphysics.
统统不能写
None of them belong on the page.
这是创造佳作的首要原则
It is the first principle of good creative work,
期末考试就交一篇小说
a work of fiction you will deliver as your final exam.
看看
Look.
小惠特曼赏脸光临课堂了
Whitman Junior graced us with his presence today.
“新视觉”
“The New Vision.
“超凡之人驱使我们前进”
“Extraordinary men propel us forward.
“我们的使命 便是打破法则”
“It is our duty to break the law.”
真漂亮
Fantastic.
仅这五页纸
There’s more life in those five pages
也比刚才课上念的一堆烂诗生动
than in the dozens of bad sonnets we’ve read in this class.
你想要生动?
You want life?
想要轰动天下?
You want the world on fire?
等着被轰吧
The war awaits.
你又要怎么办?
What Will it be?
“玫瑰香从夏日腾”
“The rose that scents the summer air
“原是所眷云鬓生”
“grows from my beloved’s hair.”
继续 这是要交给斯蒂夫斯教授的诗
Keep going. That’s my sonnet for Steeves.
我们有计划
We have the map.
有宣言
We have the manifesto.
现在需要作品
We need the work.
我走眼了
I was wrong.
也许你并无意加入
Maybe you’re not up for this after all.
那就给我看你该死的计划!
Show me your fucking map.
呃!住手
Mmm! Stop.
不 空空如也
No, there’s nothing here
因为戴维没帮你写
because David’s not here to write it for you.
这一言难尽
It’s complicated.
我就好这口
I love complicated.
他是个教授的料 却去看门口
He is a professor working as a janitor
因为这样才能接触 他宝贝的小卢
so he can be near his precious Lu-Lu.
他是个缠着我不放的兔儿爷
He is a goddamn fruit who won’t let me go.
兔儿爷?
A fruit?
基佬
A queer.
那…
Then…
那我们就踹掉他
You know, let’s get rid of him.
现在 我只想你写些美好的东西
Right now, I just need you to write us something beautiful.
初衷便是最好
First thought, best thought.
漫游奇境吧
Allen in Wonderland.
冰♥毒♥
Pervitin.
德国人叫它“仙丹”
The Germans called it the “Wunderdroge.”
能赋人非凡之力
Prescribed for superhuman feats.
但小心副作用
But beware of the side effects
包括突发性失明
which include sudden bouts of blindness,
腹泻 心悸
diarrhea, heart palpitations
和严重道德缺失
and a severe decline in moral standards.
懵懂的拥护者
Unbloomed stalwart.
出来狂欢吧
Come out and play.
你到底在干什么?
What the hell are you doing?
创作
Writing.
但措辞…
But the words…
哦 措辞…
Oh, the words.
就是这样
Yeah.
卢 这还很粗糙
Lu, it’s very rough.
哦
Oh.
终于写好了
The vision at last.
能拜读么?
Can I see?
卢呢?
Where’s Lu?