I’ll send a courier to New York.
我会派个跑腿的去纽约
Thank you, Shondor.
谢谢你 尚多
You’ve earned it. My young friend.
你应得的 我年轻的朋友
I want the entrance to jump out, you know? I want people to feel invited.
大门要很突出 知道吗? 我希望人们有宾至如归的感觉
I want big gates. You know, big wrought-iron gates.
门要大 就那种大铁门
Excuse me. What time do you open?
打扰了 请问你哪时候开张?
Six-thirty
六点半
I read this thing about the benefits of an all vegetable diet.
我看到有写全蔬菜膳食的益处
What do you think?
你认为怎样?
What do I think? Yeah.
我认为怎样? 对
Uh… Sure.
额… 很好
Thanks. Yeah.
多谢 没事
Where you from?
你来自哪儿?
Are you shy?
你害羞了吗?
Youngstown.
扬斯镇
Youngstown is a tough town.
扬斯镇很强悍
You don’t look tough.
你看起来可不强悍
Why’d you leave?
为什么离开?
I… I was living with my uncle.
我… 我原来和叔叔住一起
Didn’t work out.
但住不下去
Well, Ellie, the fair’s over in Cuyahoga Falls this month.
艾利 凯霍加福尔斯市的集市 这个月就闭幕了
Do you wanna go?
你想去吗?
You mean like on a date or something?
你是说像个约会吗?
Yeah.
是啊
Mind if I ask what you do for a living?
介意我问下你是做什么的吗?
I’m in the restaurant business.
我经营餐馆
Ellie. Damn it, I told you to sweep the back room.
艾利 搞什么鬼 我告诉过你打扫里屋的
Mr Greene. I’m sorry, I didn’t…
格利先生 抱歉 我不知道…
She’s okay with you. Okay? No problem.
她和您在一起没问题 知道吗? 什么事没有
It’s all good. Everything’s good.
都很好 大家都很好
Take your time. I’ll sweep out the back room.
别着急 我会打扫里屋的
Looking back, those were the good years.
回首往事 这几年很美好
Danny and I were never friends, but I got a kick out of the guy.
丹尼和我不是朋友 但也拥有愉快回忆
We even ended up coaching youth baseball together.
我们甚至一起指导少年棒球队
Hey, Joe. I’m going straight now.
乔 我要改邪归正了
You’re about as straight as a bent shillelagh.
你会像弯橡木那么正直的
And just when it looked like Danny was going to really turn the corner…
就在丹尼似乎真的要改头换面之时…
So where the fuck’s a guy like you come up with 70 large?
你这臭德性哪弄来的7万块钱?
It was going to some chump in Cleveland.
本来是要给克利夫兰一笨蛋的
I borrowed it temporarily.
我暂时借来
All right! Up against the wall!
快! 靠在墙上!
There’s no way to sugarcoat this, kid.
孩子 不知道怎么说好听一点
The courier picked up your money, but instead of bringing it here,
那个跑腿的拿了你的钱 没有带回来
he bought six kilos of cocaine.
买♥♥了六公斤可♥卡♥因♥
I’ll fuckin’ kill him.
我他妈要杀了他
Probably not. He’s in Rikers Island.
估计不行了 他现在在雷克岛
Where’s the money?
钱在哪?
Evidence locker, I suppose. I’ll make an arrangement.
物证室 我猜 我会安排
Talk to Licavoli, offer that you do a couple jobs free for the family.
和利卡沃利谈下 或许你帮他们免费接几个活
That way you don’t have to pay a vig.
就可以不用付利息了
Vig?
“利息”?
There’s gonna be interest on the money.
借的钱有利息的
You borrowed money from the Gambino family, Danny.
你可是从甘比诺家族借的钱 丹尼
I did? How do you borrow money if you don’t receive it?
是么 如果都没拿到钱 怎么算是借了钱?
I understand that, but they won’t. In their eyes, lost money is lost money.
我理解你 但他们不会 在他们看来 钱没了就没了
I didn’t lose it, the courier lost it. I understand.
不是我弄没的 是跑腿的 我知道
It was your courier.
还是你的跑腿
If anyone’s on the hook, Shondor, it’s you.
如果有谁要承担后果 尚多 那得是你
What?
什么?
I didn’t hire the courier, you did.
不是我雇的跑腿 是你
What are you saying?
你在说什么?
What I’m saying is, I lost nothing to nobody.
我说 我没丢谁的东西
Thus, I owe nothing to nobody.
所以 我谁也不欠
Coming after me will be unjust.
追究我的责任是不公正的
And if the wops in New York don’t see it that way, then fuck ’em.
如果纽约那些意大利崽不这么认为 那去他妈的
And if you don’t see it that way, fuck you!
如果你也不这么想 那就去你♥妈♥的♥!
You give this to the man who kills the Irishman.
谁做了爱尔兰崽 谁得这钱
Come on. Shondor?
不是吧 尚多?
I mean, sure, we had a little argument.
是啊 我们是小吵了下
Nah. Shondor wouldn’t do this.
不 尚多不会这么干的
Contract went out yesterday.
合约昨天中止了
Twenty-five G’s for the head of Danny Greene.
丹尼·格利的人头悬赏两万五
Twenty-five?
两万五?
Yeah. In cash.
对 还是现金
Hey, come on. You should be flattered.
别阿 你应该感到荣幸
You want my advice?
想听听我的建议吗?
Always.
洗耳恭听
Turn this thing around. You know, pay Shondor the 70 large that you owe him.
来个大逆转 把你欠尚多那7万还给他
You know, don’t argue, just pay it.
不要争论 只管付钱
And walk away.
然后走人
I can’t do that. Why not?
我做不到 为什么?
Pride.
骄傲
What? Celtic warrior shit?
什么? 凯尔特勇士那些屁话?
It’s not shit.
那不是屁话
You know, you’ve been careful always.
你知道 你一直都很谨慎
And that’s what’s kept you alive.
这就是为什么你一直活着
You cannot go to war with Shondor Birns.
你不能和尚多·伯恩斯开战
Remember what I told you.
记住我告诉你的
Can’t be too careful.
小心驶得万年船
Thank you, Mr Greene.
谢谢 格利先生
Firecrackers to kill Danny Greene!
用小炮仗杀丹尼·格利!
Danny, come on!
丹尼 快上来!
The Cadillac. It was Danny Greene’s.
那辆凯迪拉克 是丹尼·格利的
Put a 24-hour tail on him.
派人24小时跟踪他
That was fun!
刚才很有意思呀!
That Ferris wheel was something, huh?
那摩天轮不简单啊 是吧?
I’m not dumb.
我不是傻瓜
The men outside, they’re the police, aren’t they?
刚刚门外那些人 是警♥察♥ 对吧?
Cleveland’s finest.
克利夫兰最棒的
You have a bad reputation. People say you’re crazy and I should watch out.
你名声很坏 大家都说你疯狂 我应当小心你
What people? Who’s saying this?
谁说的? 谁告诉你这些?
I’m not telling you. You’ll probably kill them.
我不会告诉你的 你会杀了他们
You really believe that?
你真的相信那些吗?
Why’d your wife leave you?
你妻子为什么离开你?
I was different then.
那时的我不一样
Look, maybe I should just go. No, no, no. Stay.
或许我该直接离开 不 不 不 留下
There’s beer in the fridge. I don’t drink.
冰箱里有啤酒 我不喝
You got soda? In the fridge.
有苏打水吗? 冰箱里
Shondor Birns is in the pawn shop down the street from St Malachy’s.
尚多·伯恩斯在圣马拉奇 街上的一家当铺里
He’s a sitting duck.
他是囊中之物了
The alley behind my house. Five minutes.
五分钟后 我家后面集♥合♥
Here he comes.
他来了
Ah, shit.
阿 见鬼
Where the fuck did she come from?
他妈的 她从哪冒出来的?
Investigators have been here well over a half hour.
调查人员已在这半个多小时
What have they pieced together? Any idea who it is?
他们拼出来什么没 知道是谁吗?
As far as I can determine, it’s a white male.
就我看来 是个白人男性
The part that we’ve got, recovered. Just the upper torso.
我们拼出来的只有上半身
There’s pieces all over the place.
身体碎片散落一地
We found a leg over against the fence.
我们在栅栏上发现一条腿
Inside, Rabbi Rudolph Rosenthal characterised Birns as no saint.
鲁道夫·罗森塔尔教士 形容伯恩斯不是什么圣人
But he said the numbers figure had much charity
但他说这个大人物做了不少慈善
and was often generous and had many friends.
他很慷慨 也有很多朋友
But also to recognise that everybody is fallible.
但我们得认识到 谁都是会犯错的
Shakespeare said if each one of us got his just deserts,
莎士比亚说过每个人 都会得到应有的惩罚
nobody would escape a whipping.
没人幸免于难
John Scalish at 3:45 this afternoon had a heart attack and died.
今天下午3:45约翰·史盖瑞 心脏病突发逝世
John Scalish, Cleveland’s don of 34 years, died during routine surgery.
约翰·史盖瑞 当克利夫兰的头头34年 死于常规手术
The problem was that Scalish hadn’t named a successor.
可他却没安排继任者
And the only two candidates for the job hated each other.
唯一能胜任的两个还人互相怨恨