If you don’t pay, you get charged 30% interest, figure-ish.
如果你不付钱 还得多加30%利息 数字上的
Now all this was perfectly legal.
这一切都很合法
And the best part, I ran my own debt collection.
最棒的部分是 我有自己的讨债方式
Then, in its wisdom, the federal government labelled such practices loan sharking,
联邦政♥府♥自作聪明 把这个叫做”高♥利♥贷♥”
which is a stupid term.
这词真够蠢的
Come here, I wanna show you something.
来 我带你看些东西
Joey.
乔伊
Honey, what happened?
亲爱的 发生什么了?
The wife let you outta the doghouse finally. Eat something. Enjoy.
你老婆终于放你出狗窝了 多吃点 好好享受下
Cuyahoga County DA.
凯霍加县地方检察官
Where was I?
讲到哪了?
Yes. The two of them running like their collection had been incarcerated.
哦 两个收账人刚被抓起来
Is this a position that would interest you, Danny?
这个职位 丹尼 你感兴趣吗?
A man’s gotta work, Mr Birns.
人总得工作 伯恩先生
So many young people don’t understand that these days.
现在太多年轻人都不懂这个道理
I swear I don’t have it.
我发誓我没钱
I swear I don’t have it. I swear. I swear I don’t have it.
我发誓 真的啊 我发誓
Agent Malloy will be with you in just a moment, Mr Greene.
马洛伊特工马上就来 格力先生
Danny. How you doing?
丹尼 最近怎样?
Hanging in there.
就那样吧
You got anything for us?
有什么消息没?
Well, nothing of interest.
没什么特别的
Oh, Danny Greene, huh?
啊哈 丹尼·格利 啊?
How about you tell Shondor Birns that I get Shorty’s money first, baby.
你去告诉尚多·伯恩斯矮子 得先还我们的钱 怎样?
Second.
先还我们的
Hey, baby, I can deal with that.
嘿 兄弟 好吧
Here, take this.
来 用这个
No, thanks.
不了 谢谢
Tell Shondor sorry I was light last month.
告诉尚多很抱歉上个月还晚了点
Giants plus seven against the Eagles. It’s a lock, right? Wrong.
巨人领先老鹰七分 这赢定了啊? 结果还是输了
I’m Mike Frato, by the way.
对了 我是迈克·弗拉多
Nice truck, Mike.
车不错 迈克
Thanks. I was hauling gravel till I discovered garbage.
多谢 发现捡垃圾这个肥差前 我一直都在运沙石
Big money in garbage. I highly recommend it.
垃圾油水多了去了啊 我强烈推荐
You like what you do?
喜欢你的工作吗?
Yeah. Sure.
当然
It’s good to like what you do. Keeps the blood pressure down.
干喜欢的工作很棒 血压从不飙高
Nice Caddy, by the way.
卡迪拉克看起来真棒
My wife met his wife Joan Greene at a church luncheon. They hit it off.
我的妻子在教堂午宴遇见了 琼·格利 她们很合得来
That made things a little awkward.
事情搞得有点尴尬
Thanks, Clare. Thank you.
谢谢 克莱尔
Bye. Thank you.
再见 谢谢你
See you next Sunday.
下周日见
Well, you missed an excellent sermon.
你可错过了个精彩的布道
What the hell is this?
这是搞什么鬼?
Joe and his wife gave us a lift.
乔和他的妻子让我搭顺风车
Joe and his wife.
乔和他的妻子
Father Kilden said it would be nice if you came to one of his services.
基尔登神父说如果你能去 参加仪式就太好了
You know, sometime this decade.
在这十年之内
To take the oath of induction…
入伍宣誓…
Never should have taken away this guy’s title.
就不应该拿掉这小子的军衔
He wouldn’t go to Vietnam.
他不该去越南的
I wouldn’t go if I were drafted.
要是我 我也不去
Why stick our nose in Vietnam?
为什么一直搞越南?
English been doing that to the Irish for 2,000 years.
2000年了 英国一直对爱尔兰那么做
And by the way How we gonna pay for it, huh?
说起来 知道国家怎么付账的吗?
Deficit spending, my ass.
赤字开支 去你♥妈♥的♥
Next thing you know we’ll be going off the gold standard.
马上 国家就得放弃金本位制度
The country’s going to hell.
这国家要完蛋了
So is kids smoking pot.
就像孩子抽大♥麻♥
If I were President, I’d legalize the stuff and tax the sales of it,
我要是总统 就把大♥麻♥合法化 然后从贸易里抽税
like booze and cigarettes.
像酒和烟
In two years’ time we’d be richer than Ken Croesus is.
两年后我们就该富得流油
Danny, the game. It’s the Packers.
丹尼 比赛要开始了 是包装工队啊
Go ahead.
去吧
You got anything to eat other than that?
除了那个 还有别的吃的没?
That’s Grade-A sirloin chuck.
那可是特级牛肩肉
We got no vegetables, no fruit, no nuts.
我们没有蔬菜 水果 坚果
The stuff’s got too much cholesterol.
这肉胆固醇太多了
What’s cholesterol?
什么是胆固醇?
Party’s over.
派对结束了
You got five minutes to clear out.
给你们五分钟消失
Party ain’t over.
派对没结束
You show yourself here again, I’m coming over there.
你再来这 我就过去你那
And I’m knocking all your teeth out.
把你敲得满地找牙
And I’m fucking that hot little wife of yours…
然后上了你那火♥辣♥小媳妇…
all night long while you watch.
整夜整夜让你在旁边看着
Come on.
来啊
Come on, stupid, move! Come on!
来啊 蠢货 快! 来吧!
Get him, Danny!
灭了他 丹尼!
Come on, Danny!
加油 丹尼!
Tell Licavoli we’re sorry. You’re on my level, so mind your p’s and q’s.
告诉利卡沃利我们很遗憾 你是我的人 所以小心着点
You’re the only wop I can stand, Johnny. You know that, right?
你是我唯一相信的意大利人 你知道的 对吧?
Just be respectful.
记得尊重点
Jack.
杰克
Leo. You remember Danny Greene.
里奥 还记得丹尼·格利吧
Of course.
当然
How you doing, Danny?
你好 丹尼?
Here. Sit down, Danny.
来 丹尼 坐
Well, somebody say something?
谁来说点什么?
Why am I here, John?
我来这干嘛的 约翰?
Well, we wanna talk about garbage. You know, we wanna give you a hand.
我们想聊聊垃圾 想助你一臂之力
You decided we need a hand?
你们觉得我们要帮手?
You know, Jack, you’ve been trying to get the union off the ground for five years.
杰克 五年来你都想让协会有所起色
So you came here to tell us we’re fuck-ups, that it, John?
你是说我们一直在鬼混吗? 是吗 约翰?
Now why do you have to talk to me… Why does he have to talk to me like that?
你为什么那么说话… 为什么他要用那种语气和我说话?
I came here to do you a favour and you’re breaking my balls.
我来这是为了帮你们忙 你却老跟我唱反调
What do you propose, John?
你有什么提议 约翰?
We bring Danny in the mix.
让丹尼入伙
Didn’t you talk to Shondor?
你没和尚多谈过吗?
Shondor Birns says you been doing a good job for him.
尚多·伯恩斯说你在他那的工作很出色
And that thing with the Longshoreman Union,
码头工人协会那件事
you handled yourself real well.
你处理得很好
Thank you.
谢谢
A guy who keeps his mouth shut is a stand-up guy.
沉默的男人是顶天立地的汉子
What do you say?
你觉得怎样?
All right. You got my blessing.
行 我答应
Be prepared, huh?
一定要准备好 知道吗?
These garbage hauliers are tough nuts.
这些运垃圾的强悍得很
Some of these guys…
有些家伙…
There’s no talking to them, you know. Believe me, we tried.
和他们协商没用 相信我 我们试过
With all due respect, Jack, that was you talking to them, not me.
恕我冒昧 杰克 那是因为我还没上
Wait a minute. When you speak to Mr Licavoli…
等下 你和利卡沃利先生说话的时候…
I guarantee you, you’re not gonna be disappointed, all right?
我保证 你们不会失望的 行吧?
The garbage hauling plan was Danny’s golden opportunity to get back in the game.
踏足管收垃圾工人这一步 是丹尼·格利重振雄风的好机会
The only problem was he knew next to nothing about garbage hauling.
唯一的问题就是 他对这个行业一无所知
So he found someone who did.
所以他找了个专家
Former Golden Glove champion of Cleveland, half-Lithuanian, half-Irish.
前克利夫兰金手套冠军 立陶宛和爱尔兰的混血
He’d been clearing out bars down on the dock since the 10th grade.
从10年级起 就称霸了码头所有酒吧
Keith Ritson.
基斯·瑞德森
There’s a million houses in Northern Ohio.
在北俄亥俄有100万所房♥子
You know who collects the garbage?
知道谁收垃圾吗?
Two hundred separate companies, that’s who.
200个独♥立♥的公♥司♥
It’s chaos out there, no good to anybody.
乱成一锅粥 对谁都没好处
It’s going to be next to impossible to organise these guys.
管理这些家伙几乎不可能
You got any new ideas?
你有什么好点子吗?
We hold a recruitment drive.
咱们来个入伍记
I’ll join! I’ll join! I’ll join!
我参加! 我参加! 我参加!
What?
看什么看?
I know what you are.
我知道你是什么货色

你的评论可以尖锐,也可以湿疣!