Because you have to.
因为你不得不
Be in the machine shop at midnight. I’ll send my man to pick up the cash.
半夜到机修车间去 我的人会去那拿钱
Now get the fuck out of my office.
现在快从我办公室滚出去
A gun?
枪?
You Polack prick.
你个波兰小白♥痴♥
What do you do if a Polack throws a hand grenade at you?
要有波兰崽朝你扔手榴弹你怎么办?
Take the pin out and throw it back.
把保险销拔♥出♥来♥ 扔回去
You hear how the Polish firing squad died?
听说过波兰火枪队怎么死的吗?
Stood in a circle.
因为他们站成一圈
Come on, Joe, let’s dance.
来啊 乔 咱们比划下
Joe Buka!
乔·布卡!
Joe’s not here.
乔可不在这
I’ll give you three seconds…
我给你三秒钟…
To do what?
怎样?
Huh?
嗯?
To do what?
怎样啊?
Go ahead, yank it.
快啊 快拔♥出♥来♥
Get out.
滚
To the new president!
敬新主席!
This place is a dump. Clean up the freight yard.
这里就像个垃圾场 把货场清理干净
And replace those signs. I’m sick to death of looking at them.
换了这些标志 我可看够了它们
Repaint these goddamn stairs. What colour do you want?
重漆这些该死的楼梯 你想要什么颜色的?
Green.
绿的
Styner, Barley. Holt, Richard.
史岱纳·巴利 霍尔特·理查德
Harlet, Roger.
哈尔莱·罗杰
Pitsford, Harold.
皮兹福德·哈罗德
Stockbarge. Manscoter, Harold.
斯托巴基 曼斯考特·哈罗德
Mr MacLeish. Danny Greene.
麦克利许先生 我是丹尼·格利
I know who you are. You’re the tool that sent me this.
我知道你是谁 就是你这玩意寄给我这个
Four thousand to unload each vessel?
四千块卸一条船?
Are you out of your fucking mind? The price is 2,000.
你脑子吃屎了吗? 说好的价是2000
We have a contract and you’re going to honour it.
我们签过合约 你得遵守
Or I’m gonna lock out your union.
否则我就关了你的工会
Is that clear, you fucking potato eater?
我说的够清楚吧 你个吃马铃薯的杂种?
Potato eater.
吃马铃薯的
Seeing as how the potato was the only source of nutrition
300年来 爱尔兰的营养来源只有马铃薯
in Ireland for 300 years and half the population,
半数的人 包括我的祖先
including my ancestors, died in the great famine,
都死在了大饥荒里
I’d say that term is insensitive.
我得说 你刚才那话很伤人啊
Speaking of culinary tastes, Mr MacLeish, you’re Scottish, aren’t you?
说到饮食文化 麦克利许先生 你是苏格兰人 对吧?
Let’s talk about haggis.
我们来谈谈羊杂碎吧
Haggis is seasoned lard stuffed into a sheep’s colon.
不过是往羊肠子里塞些有味道的猪油
So I may be a potato-eater, Mr MacLeish,
或许我是个吃马铃薯的 麦克利许先生
but I don’t eat fat out of a sheep’s asshole.
但我绝不碰从羊屁♥眼♥里流出来的油
What do you think of the new carpet?
新地毯看起来怎样?
After all these years I had lost track of Danny Greene.
这么多年过去了 我已没了丹尼·格利的消息
You can imagine my surprise when I heard a guy by the same name
你可以想像到我有多么惊讶 当听到和他同名的人
had been elected president of the Longshoreman’s Union.
当上了码头工人协会主席
This is John Scalish.
这位是约翰·史盖瑞
And I wondered if it was the same guy from my neighbourhood.
我好奇他是否是那个 曾和我毗邻而居的人
Yeah, same guy.
没错 他就是
It was only a matter of time…
这只是个时间问题…
before he started hanging out at that Theatrical Grill.
对于丹尼何时开始混迹于戏剧酒吧
Every city’s got a Theatrical.
每个城市都有这样一个酒吧
The one place where crooks and cops sit side-by-side.
恶棍和条子在这称兄道弟
Mr Greene wants you to know he appreciates
格力先生想向您表达下
the fine job Cleveland P.D. Are doing.
他对克利夫兰警局出色表现的欣赏之情
He wants to pick up your tab.
他问是否能和您共坐
Tell Mr Greene that Cleveland P.D. Will pick up its own tab
告诉格力先生 克利夫兰警局会看好自己的摊子
to avoid any look of impropriety. But thank you.
来避免不正之风的苗头 不过还是谢谢你
He said no. Something about impropriety.
他拒绝了 说了些什么不正之风
Now you are a beauty.
你现在可真是不得了
But I told you.
我可告诉过你
Come here.
抱一个
He’s not bothering you, is he, huh?
他没骚扰你吧?
Thank you, Artie.
谢谢你 阿蒂
Detective Manditski? Steve Marshack with the newspaper.
曼迪斯科警探吗? 我叫史蒂夫·马夏克 是个记者
Can I talk to you for a minute?
能和您谈会儿吗?
Yeah, I know who you are, Mr Marshack.
好的 我知道你是谁 马夏克先生
I read your column. What can I do for you?
我读过你的专栏 有什么可以效劳的?
Somebody told me you played hoops against Danny Greene in high school.
听说你高中时候和丹尼·格利一起打篮球
Is that true?
真的吗?
Was he really the best player at Metro East?
他真的是东区最棒的?
Second best.
第二棒的
So you’re gonna do a story on Danny?
你要撰写个丹尼的故事?
Went from rags to riches, from orphan to union president? Something like that?
从赤贫到巨富 从孤儿到协会主席这类的?
Well, we’re gonna do a story on him, alright,
我们是要写写他没错
just not the kind he’s gonna like.
只不过用他不喜欢的方式
Call this a heads up. Thank you.
可以把这个当做个警告 多谢
Danny, aren’t you coming?
丹尼 你不走吗?
No.
不了
I’m not going anywhere without you.
你不走 我就不走
They don’t want you, Billy.
比利 他们不是来找你的
Well, it was fun while it lasted.
以前的日子我很快乐
A 12-count indictment has been returned
凯霍加县大陪审团
by a Cuyahoga County grand jury
对工人领导丹尼尔·帕特里克·格利
against labour leader Daniel Patrick Greene.
提出了12项控诉
Greene, arrested last Tuesday is charged with multiple counts
格利于上周二被捕 被指控犯有多项罪行
of grand larceny, extortion and labour racketeering.
重大盗窃罪 勒索罪以及工会诈骗罪
All right.
好的
Is it true?
真的吗?
All of it?
都是真的吗?
I paid the lawyer.
我付钱给律师了
We don’t have any money left.
我们一点钱都没了
Sell the house.
把房♥子卖♥♥了
The house? Where are we gonna go?
卖♥♥♥房♥♥子? 那我们住哪儿?
We’ll find somewhere next week.
下周我们会找到地方住的
We?
我们?
Excuse me. You’re in jail.
搞没搞错 你可在坐牢
No testifying?
没人作证?
No testifying. We drop the extortion and labour racketeering charges.
没 我们撤消了勒索罪 以及工会诈骗罪的指控
It’s 10 years.
这些可以判个10年的
You plead guilty to two counts of falsifying financial records
你得承认两项伪造财务记录
and agree to a lifetime ban from the union.
并同意从此永不踏进工会
That’s what I get. Fuck you. What do you get?
我就得到这些 去你♥妈♥的♥ 你们要什么好处?
Well, the Bureau knows very little about organised crime in Northern Ohio.
局里要知道北俄亥俄州 犯罪组织的一切信息
So talk to us, say once a month. Tell us what you hear.
向我们汇报 比如一月一次 告诉我们你打听到的
I can do that.
行
Feds just released Danny Greene.
联邦政♥府♥刚释放了丹尼·格利
I win again.
我又赢了
I won again. I won.
我又赢了 我赢了
I wanna ride.
我想骑那个
We can’t live here.
我们不能住在这
It’ll have to do.
这没得选择
What are you gonna do for work?
你去哪找工作?
It’s America. Land of opportunity.
这可是美国 机遇的土地
John Nardi, please. Tell him it’s Danny Greene.
请接约翰·纳迪 说丹尼·格利找他
He’s got the best restaurant in town.
他开的餐馆全镇最好
He runs the cleanest numbers.
他还有最棒的赌场
Now everybody wants to play Shondor’s numbers. The Irish. Polacks.
每个人都想在那玩儿 爱尔兰人 波兰人
Even the Shiser, Edie Stewart. She doesn’t discriminate.
甚至希瑟 艾迪·斯图尔特 连她都不去歧视
Get yourself a job.
好好表现
You like stroganoff?
你喜欢沙拉酱肉吗?
Danny, taste that.
丹尼 尝尝看
More salt, I think.
我觉得得再来点盐
I have to tell you how impressed I am with how you handled your recent adversity.
不得不说 你处理飞来横祸的方式让我刮目相看
I provide a unique financial service to men who like to gamble.
我为喜欢赌博的人提供特殊的经济服务
Before your time, gamblers borrowed money from casinos.
以前赌棍都从赌场借钱
The problem was if a gambler skipped town, the casino had no recourse.
可如果他们跑路了 赌场就没法要回钱
So I started to offer a 6-for-5, meaning you borrow 5, you owe 6 within a week.
所以我开始提供6对5 就是你借5元 一周后就欠6元