打不过吧
Because you’re helpless?
对
Yes.
你以前试过这种滋味吗?
Have you ever felt this before?
没有
No.
你的功夫和我比 简直是班门弄斧
Compared to me, you’re as helpless as a worm fighting an eagle?
是的!!!
Yes!!!
现在开始
That’s the beginning!
你想不想学 我刚才和你打的这套拳?
Is it your wish to possess this kind of power?
想!
Yes!
从明天开始你要练武
Your training will begin tomorrow.
记住
Remember
你的手臂属于我
Since your arm now belongs to me
我会将它练得结实
I want it strong.
你能不能做到像我这样?
Can you do that?
可以 不过还差你一节
I can, but not that close.
那就是不行了
Then you can’t do it.
如果敌人离你的身体只有三寸
What if your enemy, is three inches in front of you
你怎么对付他?
What do you do then
抱头鼠窜
Curl into a ball
还是用拳打穿他?
or do you put your FIST through him?
现在开始
Now begin.
练拳头不应该是你怕木头 应该是木头怕你
It’s the wood that should fear your hand not the other way around.
你之所以打不♥穿♥木头
No wonder you can’t do it
是因为你用手之前已经认输了
you acquiesce to defeat before you even begin.
如果你像狗一样吃东西
If you want to eat like a dog
我就让你像狗一样住外面
You can live and sleep outside like a dog.
如果你想像人一样的话
If you want to live and sleep like a human
把筷子拿起来
pick up those sticks.
快 你混♥蛋♥
Come on, you bitch.
好 白眉
Okay, Pai Mei.
我来了
Here I come.
请给我一杯水?
May I have a glass of water, please?
第九章
第九章 艾儿和我
-原来那就是德州式葬礼? -对
-So, that’s a Texas funeral? -Yeah
我不得不承认你还真行 巴德
I have to give it to you, Budd.
这种死法还真凄惨
That’s a pretty fucked up way to die.
她墓碑上是什么名字?
What’s the name on the grave she’s buried under?
宝菈
Paula
休兹
Schultz.
能看看那把刀吗?
Can I look at the sword?
我的钱就在那红箱子里 对吧?
That’s my money right there in that red bag, isn’t it?
没错
It sure is.
那好 刀是你的啦
Well, then, it’s your sword now.
那么 这就是那把半藏的刀咯!
So this is a Hattori Hanzo sword.
你刚说啥?
What’s that you said?
这就是服部半藏铸的刀?
So this is a Hattori Hanzo sword.
没错 就是半藏的刀
That’s a Hanzo sword all right.
比尔告诉我 你曾经也有一把他的刀
Bill tells me you once had one of these had one of the of your own.
对 曾经
Yeah, once.
真的? 这把和那把比如何?
How does this one compare to that?
如果你要拿半藏的刀去比
If you’re going to compare a Hanzo sword
那么其他所有的刀
you compare it to every other sword ever made, wasn’t made
都不是服部半藏铸的
by Hattori Hanzo.
给 大口喝吧
Here you go. Wrap your lips around that.
我说
So
你是什么感受?
which “R” are you filled with?
什么意思?
What?
有人说
They say
老人的头号♥杀手就是退休
the number one killer of old people is retirement.
如果他们还有未完的事
People got a job to do they tend
就得活得久一点去完成
to live a little bit longer so they can do it.
我一直认为
I’ve always figured
战士和敌人
that warriors and their enemies
有着同样的关系
share the same relationship.
现在战场上你没有敌人可杀了
So now that you won’t have to face your enemy no more on the field
所以你是什么感受?
which “R” you filled with?
轻松
Relief?
还是婉惜?
Or regret?
-都有点 -放屁
-A little bit of both. -Horseshit.
我相信你两种感受都有
I’m sure you do feel a little bit of both.
但我肯定其中一种比另一种多
But I know damn well that you feel one more than you feel the other.
问题是哪个多点?
And the question was:Which one is it?
婉惜
Regret.
你知道她早晚她会取代你的地位
You know, you got to hand it to the old girl
我从没看过有谁 能像她那样使比尔着迷
I never saw anybody buffalo Bill the way she buffaloed Bill.
比尔认为她很聪明
Bill thought she was so damn smart.
我试图告诉他
And I tried to tell him,
她只能算金发美女中比较聪明的
she was just smart for a blond.
多谢
Thanks a bunch.
对不起 巴德
I’m sorry, Budd.
我太失礼了 对吧?
That was rude of me, wasn’t it?
巴德 我给你介绍 这是我的朋友黑曼巴蛇
Budd, I’d like to introduce my friend, the black mamba.
这是黑曼巴;这是巴德
Black mamba this is Budd.
我选中这小东西之前
Before I picked that little fella up,
在网上查过它的资料
I looked him up on the Internet.
黑曼巴真是个神奇的动物
Fascinating creature, the black mamba.
听好咯:
Listen to this:
“在非洲 是这么说的
In Africa, the saying goes:
“在原野上 大象能要你的命 豹能要你的命
‘In the bush, an elephant can kill you, a leopard can kill you
“黑曼巴蛇也能要你的命 但是只有黑曼巴
and a black mamba can kill you.But only with the mamba
“自开天辟地以来 能确定让人致命
and this has been true in Africa since the dawn of time is death sure.
因此它被认为是死神的化身” 很酷吧?
Hence its handle, ‘Death Incarnate.”Pretty cool, huh?
“它的神经性毒液是自然界中
Its neurotoxic venom is one of nature’s most effective poisons
“毒性是最强的一种 能导致全身麻痹
acting on the nervous system, causing paralysis.
“它毒液能使人在4小时内死亡
The venom of a black mamba can kill A human being in four hours
“不过那是咬到脚踝或是拇指
if, say, bitten on the ankle or the thumb.
“然而 如果咬到脸或身体
However, a bite to the face or torso
20分钟内就会从全身麻痹到死亡”
can bring death from paralysis within 20 minutes.
现在听好咯 因为和你有关
Now, you should listen to this, because this concerns you.
“它咬一口所能释放出的毒液
The amount of venom that’s delivered from a single bite
非常巨量”
can be gargantuan.
我一直都挺喜欢这个词”巨量”
I’ve always liked the word “gargantuan.”
平时说话很少有机会用得到
I rarely have an opportunity to use it.
“如果不即时用血清治疗
If not treated quickly with antivenom
“10到15毫克就能致命
ten to 15 milligrams can be fatal to human beings.
“然而黑曼巴一口
However, the black mamba can deliver
就能放出100到400毫克的毒液”
as much as 100 to 400 milligrams of venom from a single bite.
现在
Now
在你生命最后几分钟的挣扎里
in these last agonizing minutes of life you have left
让我好好回答 你刚才提出的问题
let me answer that question you asked earlier more thoroughly.
此时此刻
Right at this moment
我感受最深的是婉惜
the biggest “R” I feel is regret.
婉惜我所遇到 或许是最伟大的战士
Regret of leaving maybe the greatest warrior I have ever met
怎么会死在像你
met her end at the hands of a bushwhacking scrub,
这样卑鄙无♥耻♥小人的手上
alkie, piece of shit like you.
那女人应该死的更壮烈才对
That woman deserved better.
比尔
Bill.
我有个不幸的消息
I have some tragic news.
你弟弟死了
Your brother’s dead.
真遗憾 宝贝
I’m so sorry, baby.
她在他住的活动屋里放了条黑曼巴
She put a black mamba in his camper.
我把事情解决了 她也死了
I got her, sweetie. She’s dead.
这么说吧:
Let me put it this way:
如果你觉得很伤心 就去加州巴斯多
You ever start feeling sentimental, go to Barstow, California.
到了以后 去花店买♥♥一大束花
When you get here, walk into a florist and buy a bunch of flowers.
然后带着花去杭廷顿公墓
Take those flowers to Huntington Cemetery on Fuller and Guadalupe
在富乐和瓜达路培街交口
look for the headstone
找一块叫做宝菈·休兹的墓碑
marked Paula Schultz
再把花放在墓上
and lay them on the grave.
那儿就是你的小乖
Because you will be standing