No matter how hungry he is,
他都不会进来 即使门开着也不会
he won’t come in, even if the door is open.
他会抓抓窗户告诉我们他饿了
He lets us know he’s hungry by pawing at the window.
他有点贪吃
He’s a bit of a glutton.
也知道他最爱的食物就在后面
He knows that his favorite food is back here
所以当我们在这时他就会很兴奋
so he gets excited every time he sees us here.
从第一次来到现在
He was quite overweight…
他差不多胖了五公斤
nearly 12 pounds when he first showed up.
我们决定听从兽医的建议 控制饮食
As our vet also recommended, we decided to put him on a diet.
我们减少喂食 有时只喂烟熏肉
We fed him less and less food or only smoked meats.
有时喂他曼彻格奶酪
We give him some Manchego
或者更软的埃曼塔奶酪
or a softer cheese like Emmental.
再来一点烟熏火鸡肉
A little bit of smoked turkey.
他对肉类很挑剔
He can also be very picky about the meat he eats.
以前喜欢吃烤牛肉 现在只吃火鸡肉
He used to love roast beef, but now, he only wants turkey.
我觉得他挺开心的
I’d say he’s quite happy.
他经常四处转悠
He does get around a lot, though.
但从不和其他猫玩
But he never hangs out with other cats.
总是独来独往 踽踽独行
He’s always alone. Always alone.
有时候也得从垃圾箱里把他捡回来
There have been times we’ve gotten him out of dumpsters, too.
在他高贵的外表下
Beneath that aristocratic appearance,
依然有街头小屁孩的蠢蠢欲动
there is still a street kid.
街头动物某种程度上是我们的文化象征
In a way, street animals are our cultural symbol.
伊斯坦布尔和猫 这城市中有这么多猫
Istanbul and cats… So many cats roaming the streets of a city.
他们使伊斯坦布尔独具特色
They’ve become a distinct trait of Istanbul.
没有猫的话 整条街都空荡荡的
The streets seem empty to me without cats…
但是这种情况有点奇怪吧
but it’s a strange situation.
现在完全陷入了两难
It’s a total dilemma if you ask me.
城市不再接纳他们
The city no longer accommodates them.
在家呢 从我的猫来看
But at home, and I know from my own cats
他们会很快遗失猫性
they forget their cat-ness after a while.
我们对街头动物的担心和对人的担心
Our concerns for street animals and our concerns for people
是息息相关的
are completely related to one another.
要我说 流浪猫
If you ask me, the troubles
与其他街头动物面临的问题
that street cats or other street animals face
与人类面临的问题是分不开的
are not independent from the troubles that we all face.
把流浪猫当成问题
It would be easy to see street cats as a problem
处理这些问题并不难
and handle them as a problem.
但是如果我们能够试着再次共同生活
Whereas if we can learn to live together again,
也许能够同时解决双方的问题
maybe we’ll solve our own problems as we try to solve theirs.
事实上 我相信我们
In fact, I’m sure that we
不仅能重拾消失已久的幽默感
would even regain our fading sense of humor
还能重燃对生命的热情
and rekindle our slowly dying joy for life.
瞧他来找我的样子 很神奇对吧
See how he comes to me, isn’t it amazing?
感谢上帝
I thank God.
对吧 邦比斯
Isn’t that right, Bombis?
我的宝贝 邦比斯
My love! Right, Bombis?
上帝说 「我给人类试炼」
God says, “I test people.”
上帝让我们用不同的方式接近他
God brings us closer to him in different ways.
对我而言 就是通过这些动物
For me, it was these animals.
我想我值得上帝的爱
I guess I was worthy of his love.
一只猫在你脚边喵喵叫 望向你
A cat meowing at your feet, looking up at you
就像是生命在对你微笑
is life smiling at you.
能够拥有这样的时刻 我们很幸运
Those are moments when we’re lucky…
这让我们意识到 我们真的活着
they remind us that we’re alive.